Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I'm late, I know... there was a bad accident on the highway. I ened up using one of the no U-turn things and double back. Took me 1.5hrs to get to work this morning.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
Doing good today.

It's sunny, I've got a buttload of notes to study for this week, but we had a great weekend and a lot of fun. And it's finally sunny here again after a monster rainy weekend.
It was rainy and cold here too, thank god for Cable and highspeed internet access.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. We got back Saturday night from a week in Las Vegas. We had a good time, but I'm in no hurry to go back. I feel very refreshed after that trip. Lots of sleep and no stress. :)

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Good morning. Glad you made it in, Stosh. The fog was really bad here this morning. Crossing the bridge felt like I was trapped in a giant marshmallow. But had a great weekend and it looks like a good week ahead.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Knuckleslammer said:
Good morning everyone. Everyone enjoy their ONE DAY OFF? Happy Monday? Happy slaves?

Sunday doesn't count as it's the day before THIS. HELL.

Ok, now that that's out of the way, les everone bend over and kiss STUSH's ass :mumble:
Woah, deep breath man :p

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
stosh said:
PS. I bought an IPOD.

PPS. I'm starting a cycling class tonight.
Don't you already know how t ride a bike? :sneaky:

Despite some wet weather we had our local 6-hour Halloween race. I haven't been riding much lately so I decided to ride solo to help get back into shape :dead: . Things were definately slippery but by picking the perfect line and floating over the roots I managed to keep the rubber side down. felt great for the first 5 hours but ended up bonking on my last lap. I was in second place but ended up getting past right at the end and got third. I was so sore Sunday morning I could barely walk. Good times.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - had a good weekend - lots of quality time with Laura and also lots of good time with my sons through ice hockey.

I'm a little pissed at Fedex though - my frame and fork were supposed to arrive on Saturday, but Fedex Ground delivered the box to the wrong distribution location and the driver from that location doesn't come west of the CT River, so now I have to wait until tomorrow for the thing to be delivered. That sucks.

I have a 10:10 pm hockey game tonight - I hope I can stay awake to make it to the game!

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Yo!

Awfully tired today.....had a huge session over at my trails yesterday. 8 of us dug new lines, rode olders ones, fell down, laughed, cracked jokes on each other, talked about bikes, and had a few cold tall boys afterwards. It was the first ride on my new Preston and with five inches of travel, it felt twice as good as my Bullit did with seven inches. Quality purchase.....I'm loving the hell out of it. Definately the best bike I've ever put together. It was a sketchy start---I had just installed the rear brake, and my front brake hadn't arrived yet, so my braking power was pretty much nil for the first few hours. I'm using the Stan's rimstrips and sealant on my Kenda BlueGrooves and had just aired everything up that morning before the ride. I got the front to seal up perfect, but the rear was being a pain......after several trips back to the compressor to refill the leaky rear tire, I finally must have hit the magic pressure setting, and it sealed up instantly.

Today is pretty busy.....lots of stuff on my desk to get done, plus a new house plan that I have to translate from stick-built framing into roof trusses. Lots of alternating vaults in the ceiling, so it's gonna try my patience on a Monday....... :dancing:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
Good morning. Glad you made it in, Stosh. The fog was really bad here this morning. Crossing the bridge felt like I was trapped in a giant marshmallow. But had a great weekend and it looks like a good week ahead.
The fog was pretty though. Also we had a nice layer of frost on our cars, first of the year down here.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Wumpus said:
Is the gym closed on the weekends?
No I chopped wood for 1/2 the day in the rain on Saturday. Sunday I cleaned the house and made chili.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Snacks said:
Which IPOD model did you get Stoshy?
40gig.

It came with 2000 albumns pre-loaded, the FM transmitter, AV jack, thoes rubber protectors, it's the 3rd generation I think.

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
it was cloudy cold and rainy till sunday, beautiful all day, then back to crap weather on monday here in SW Virginia. Saturday, went to Culpeper VA to see some guys shoot pumpkins out of air cannons. It was friggin sweet. Imagine a vegetable flying a mile. If any of you monkeys up north wanna see it, come to delaware on November 4th and 5th. It's the 20th annual "punkin chunkin" competition. linky:

get drunk and see pumpkins fly!!!!!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
stosh said:
40gig.

It came with 2000 albumns pre-loaded, the FM transmitter, AV jack, thoes rubber protectors, it's the 3rd generation I think.
Sweet. What are those four buttons for above the wheel? My Mini and my 20gig do not have those.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
Sweet. What are those four buttons for above the wheel? My Mini and my 20gig do not have those.
I paid $240 for it. Seemed like a good deal.

I have no idea what the buttons are for, I haven't touched it yet. It's in the mail.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
You're so domesticated, Stosh :p
Actually I am, I enjoy cooking and I even enjoy cleaning to some extent.
I think I like cleaning because it gives me a chance to throw out all the garbage Aubrey's mom gives us.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning! Weather was crappy all weekend so I got a bunch of housework done. Went through the closets and dressers and got rid of a bunch of clothing for donations. Sq-Earl made excellent progress on the nursery mural (although I didn't do much painting). Got into yet another argument with my family...it never ends and got a ton of school work done. Oh, and I made a bunch of homemade applesauce too (and managed to eat a lot of it too) :Drool:

Friday night had a nice MTB ride with Sq-Earl and debated whether it would be my last of the season or not...we'll see how the weather treats us. The baby wasn't in a comfy position for most of the ride so it wasn't a long one :( I did manage to hit the rollers for a little bit on Saturday too.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
Morning! Weather was crappy all weekend so I got a bunch of housework done. Went through the closets and dressers and got rid of a bunch of clothing for donations. Sq-Earl made excellent progress on the nursery mural (although I didn't do much painting). Got into yet another argument with my family...it never ends and got a ton of school work done. Oh, and I made a bunch of homemade applesauce too (and managed to eat a lot of it too) :Drool:

Friday night had a nice MTB ride with Sq-Earl and debated whether it would be my last of the season or not...we'll see how the weather treats us. The baby wasn't in a comfy position for most of the ride so it wasn't a long one :( I did manage to hit the rollers for a little bit on Saturday too.
I love homemade applesauce!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
I use to make grilled applesauce sandwiches

yummy!
My mom used to make Grilled cheese with jelly on it, she also used to make grilled peanut butter and jelly. Thats good! Hot peanut butter rocks!

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
stosh said:
bean chili

I didn't want to attempt Texas chili on my first shot.
bean chili is a good way to go for you stosh. Since you're excercising the increased fiber in your diet will be good for you. Besides, just about everybody needs more fiber in their diet

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
robdamanii said:
Beans....beans do bad things to my toilet....

Your mileage may vary.
I put lots of beans in my chili, and to make the exiting chili even more fun, I grate some habenero cheddar on my chili. It's hot but it burns more on the way out.