Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
21,978
151
NY
How is everybody today?

How was your weekend?

I had a nice relaxing weekend of cleaning the house and doing laundry. I did however get dressed up last minute for a halloween party saturday night.
I had a blast!!

hope ya all have a great Halloween!!!
 

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
4,861
0
Denver, Colorado
Hey Stosh

Mack and I rode all day yesterday in about 1 1/2 feet of snow and it was very fun. Saturday night I went to go see "Saw 2" which is kinda freaky. Now I am enjoying a breakfast sandwhich and about to head off to my next class. I am going to dress up tonight as a chippendale(sp?) dancer.
 

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
3,075
0
Broomfield, CO
Had a semi great day of riding at Diablo. Was able to hit up most of the mountain, but then I started having mechanical issues. The cones on my rear wheel came loose, as well as my headset, and I sounded like a freight train clacking my way down the mountain. So on that note, time to sell my current wheelset, which is falling apart anyway, and pick up a nice new one, as well as new parts, and if all goes well, a new frame. Time to start over with the big bike.

Today is just a bunch of the usual, classes and stuff. Put my resume into the Career Development Center for review so that I can interview with GE in a few weeks. Hopefully I get the job there, its quite lucrative, and my father works there already, so it would work out nicely.
 

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
10,681
0
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Morning pumpkinhead.

Did you go to the party with a jack-o-lantern on your noggin?

Spent a great weekend with Beth. Spent Saturday riding for a while, even though it was somewhat soggy. We then went out to a new Thai place in Beacon which was tip top. Great food, but a little slow on the service side. Oh well, you have to wait for the good stuff.

Sunday we got up, made waffles, eggs and bacon, and then went for another ride. Awesome ride, great weather, good fun, and finished up with a nice loaded pizza at the end of the evening.

Today....back to class. Again.
 

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
7,157
0
f'n yo!!!!

went on a ride saturday worked yesterday. loonatic has been crashing at my place for a while and i think we are gonna hit some dirt jumps tomorrow.
 

stevew

unique white person
Sep 21, 2001
31,587
2,550
I spent Saturday taking pictures of cars that are not that fuel efficient.







It also became clear to me that I need a wide angle lense.
 

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
16,668
435
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
Had a nice weekend. Got out for a short ride on Friday afterwork and then did some much needed lawn work before our SMBA Halloween Event. The event itself was much smaller and less organized than past years :( but we still had a good time. Saturday night we went to a friend's halloween party and had a nice time.

Sunday it was decorate the spooky entrance to our house for tonight and laundry after a brisk 34 degree AM ride.
 

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
24,658
25
behind the viewfinder
saturday was that weird snow day...didn't do too much aside from play some board games w/ the kids after taking a short bike ride on the road outside (the kids went over to a neighbor's so it gave me a chance to clean up the house somewhat).

had a friend over for dinner, and hadn't seen him in a bit. good times.

yesterday did my longest ride of the year (~14 miles or so), and i was really in no shape for it. gamely hung on til the end, but split from the group as they went on to finish the 17 mile loop and i took the pavement back to the car. not riding enough + no food = bonk. and my left knee and ass are sore today too. fun ride though; the new trail @ harold parker is quite fun, and the weather was awesome.
 

zahgurim

Underwater monkey
Mar 9, 2005
1,101
12
lolAsia
It's Monday night here, and was a good day.

Had an interview for one part time job to fill up my spare time. Ended up with two, making nice $ on the side of what I already do.
Will bank my part time $ as a travelling/new bikey fund, with a plan to build up a cool little project I've had my mind on, over the next few months.

Halloween in Asia isn't very fun, was just another weekend out. I did convince the girl to try out her new vinyl outfit, though! :)
 
J

JRB

Guest
Good morning. Lots of good riding. :thumb: 'Sposed to rain today. :mumble:
 

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
4,861
0
Denver, Colorado
TreeSaw said:
feet or inches??? If it's feet then holy crap....where did you find that much snow already?
Feet! We would ride to get to the trails at P-kill and at some parts it was passed my front axel. There were some pretty crazy falls. Mack got his foot stuck under a log, i tumbled down a rock garden, Mack was throwen down off of sketchy drops into like half a foot of snow. He almost died a few times also. Also, we would do ski turnes on our DH bikes all the way down the ski trails, just strait line style. The snow was is Roxbury, NY.
 

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
36,474
3,235
Sleazattle
Crappy day. I just got back from a too long business trip yesterday after trying to finish up a project I have been stuck on for 6 months too long to have my boss tells me I need to go out to Ca again for another stupid project. I hate traveling. I need to find a new job but I don't even have the time to work on my resume.

To make things worse I went on a ride yesterday and smashed my knee into the stem again, knee is all swollen and I can barely walk. Of course it is the left knee that I have had problems all year with.
 

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
5,060
356
Alamance County, NC
Yo!

Had a big night of drinking Friday. An old friend and myself got together and hung out until 5am putting away every liquor in the house. I felt like a large section of a New York cab floor the next morning. Couldn't move for hours or the little gnomes in my head would start banging on the pipes really loudly. Got recovered by Sat. evening and did it all over again. Glutton for punishment, I think. This time, the results weren't so bad, and we managed to pull together a big ride out at my trails from about noon until dark on Sunday. Had a great time.

I finally got my Preston out on the trail and it rocks! Still haven't gotten around to putting the front brake on, but who needs brakes, right? The quality of the travel on this bike blows my Bullit out of the water. Only 5in. of travel in the rear, but it feels like about eight--the thing just won't bottom no matter what you do. I'm amazed. SRAM drivetrains also kick some major butt. Shimano who?

Anyhoo....here are a couple of shots of the bike.


 

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
16,668
435
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
ThePriceSeliger said:
Feet! We would ride to get to the trails at P-kill and at some parts it was passed my front axel. There were some pretty crazy falls. Mack got his foot stuck under a log, i tumbled down a rock garden, Mack was throwen down off of sketchy drops into like half a foot of snow. He almost died a few times also. Also, we would do ski turnes on our DH bikes all the way down the ski trails, just strait line style. The snow was is Roxbury, NY.
Woah :eek: It is fun to ride in the snow though...just seems a little early for that much! Glad to hear you both made it...you should've brought a camera. ;)
 

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
24,658
25
behind the viewfinder
Westy said:
To make things worse I went on a ride yesterday and smashed my knee into the stem again, knee is all swollen and I can barely walk. Of course it is the left knee that I have had problems all year with.
put on a stem pad. yr knee will thank you.

and work on yr resume on the flight to CA.
 

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
1,747
0
Rochester N.Y.
Hey all, it was finally nice here yesterday and is shaping up for more of the same today. Anybody else thrown off by the new format when looking at posts?
 

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
5,060
356
Alamance County, NC
loco said:
Nice bike - Is that the shortest shock in the world???
Thanks!

It just very well may qualify as such. 1.5 in. stroke/700lb. spring. Supple as crushed velour. It's literally hard to describe how well that Romic performs. Huge landings just feel like curb drops. It's the best bike I've ever owned.
 

Andy_B

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
679
0
whereabouts unknown
Good morning all!

had my 1st DNF ever this weekend. Broke my chain some where around mintue 29 of 45 at the CX race. Should have just stayed in bed....

Also my sister got married on Sat.
 

I Are Baboon

Run, Forrest, Run!
Aug 6, 2001
29,243
1,712
MTB New England
I had to have my goddamn car towed this morning. It wouldn't start. I'm guessing the starter is shot.

I didn't have car problems like this when I had an Acura! :mumble:

So yeah, I am home today wasting a personal day.
 

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
11,007
149
The Cleft of Venus
Had a great ride Sat morning at the Monkey Trail where the newly finished Chimp Haven opened Sat afternoon. :monkey:

Sat night hosted a Halloween Party for friends at our place. :evil:

Sun rode and got my ass whooped at another local trail... and yes... you can endo a 29er... :(
 

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
9,889
0
Shut up and Ride
I Are Baboon said:
I had to have my goddamn car towed this morning. It wouldn't start. I'm guessing the starter is shot.

I didn't have car problems like this when I had an Acura! :mumble:

So yeah, I am home today wasting a personal day.

thats a bummer...isnt this the 2nd or 3rd problem you had w/that newish subaru?

and people bust on american cars


......my jeep wouldnt start, I guess 106K miles on the same spark plugs/wires/cap/rotor/coil is a little too much, but $80 later and it starts like a charm
 

I Are Baboon

Run, Forrest, Run!
Aug 6, 2001
29,243
1,712
MTB New England
douglas said:
thats a bummer...isnt this the 2nd or 3rd problem you had w/that newish subaru?

and people bust on american cars
Yup.

It's beginning to piss me off. I'm starting to worry about what's going to go wrong once the warranty expires.
 

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
3,524
0
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Good Late Morning. Monday's are too busy:mad:

Great weekend! Rode with Skook on Saturday(arm felt great:D ) and did around the house crap on Sunday.

It's wet out today and everyday from now until next Monday:( I'm dying for some dry DH so a try over to Eastern Washington is looking good:dancing:
 

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
36,474
3,235
Sleazattle
I Are Baboon said:
Yup.

It's beginning to piss me off. I'm starting to worry about what's going to go wrong once the warranty expires.
I drove my GTI for a month with a bad starter, actually just a bad starter connection. Standard transmissions rule, I just always had to pick a parking spot at the top of a downward grade.
 

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
5,247
0
Brooklyn
Good morning all!!!!! Happy Halloween!!!!!

I had a wierd weekend... a lot of fun and some sadness and somehow i got through it all.
Firday i took my Granpas dog to the vet , and it turns out he needed to have his eye removed. it ruptured. I felt horrible for the dig, but we had to do it. 4 hours later it was gone, the good news is that he is much happier now cuase he isnt in pain.
sat night went out to Crobar in the city with a co-worker.... the palce was insne.. a llot of positive energy going around in there, among other things. I was supposed to get up sunday and ride.. needless to say i didnt get home until 6am... and definatly was in no shape to ride.

anyways .. everyone enjoy Halloween today!!!! this is my favorite time of year . Ilove the fall and its perfect riding weather!!
and its my birthday this week which adds to the fun

Now onto to Birthday news. My wife and i celebrate our birthday this year by going out to a bar/lounge/club in NYC . The place is called butter. it should be a good time... so if monkies are in the area.. please come on in and have a drink!!!!
 

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
1,454
3
The suburbs of Mexico.....
hooples3 said:
hey shrymp.. how u be??? where was your pic taken???
I be good. Pictures were taken at some local trails..this has to be my favorite from the weekend....

"lovebunny let's go riding"
"well....ok....but i can't get hurt I have to go to homecoming"
"you'll be fine...now let's go riding"

:o:
 

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
21,978
151
NY
hooples3 said:
Good morning all!!!!! Happy Halloween!!!!!

I had a wierd weekend... a lot of fun and some sadness and somehow i got through it all.
Firday i took my Granpas dog to the vet , and it turns out he needed to have his eye removed. it ruptured. I felt horrible for the dig, but we had to do it. 4 hours later it was gone, the good news is that he is much happier now cuase he isnt in pain.
sat night went out to Crobar in the city with a co-worker.... the palce was insne.. a llot of positive energy going around in there, among other things. I was supposed to get up sunday and ride.. needless to say i didnt get home until 6am... and definatly was in no shape to ride.

anyways .. everyone enjoy Halloween today!!!! this is my favorite time of year . Ilove the fall and its perfect riding weather!!
and its my birthday this week which adds to the fun

Now onto to Birthday news. My wife and i celebrate our birthday this year by going out to a bar/lounge/club in NYC . The place is called butter. it should be a good time... so if monkies are in the area.. please come on in and have a drink!!!!
Is Crowbar where Exit used to be?