Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
Good Morning Monkey's

Per request of Stosh I'll be taking over the Good Morning’s for a little while, I will try my best to fill Stosh's shoes.

So how was everyone's weekend? Friday I sat working and did pretty much nothing all night, Saturday I went to Annapolis to buy a North Face Jacket for winter, and Sunday Washed and Waxed the Rover then did 20miles on the road bike.

Not a very eventful weekend.

Still no Monkey T-shirt

Question of the day: Are you ready for Thanksgiving

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
mmm Thanksgiving! I can't wait! I pretty much rode dirt jumps all freakin weekend. Not a bad way to spend my time IMO. I was feeling pretty good this morning so I decided to supercharge my waffles with some smooth peanut butter. We'll see if that was a good idea or not sometime soon...

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Pretty much did nothing except go to my grandparent's 60th wedding anniversary. Hard to imagine they have been married 3 times longer than I have been alive. It was fun and they appreciated me coming back from school to be there.

Today I have two tests, Thermodynamics and Dynamics. Thats gonna be...fun....

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Polandspring88 said:
Pretty much did nothing except go to my grandparent's 60th wedding anniversary. Hard to imagine they have been married 3 times longer than I have been alive. It was fun and they appreciated me coming back from school to be there.

Today I have two tests, Thermodynamics and Dynamics. Thats gonna be...fun....
HAHA that is hard to imagine

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
motomike said:
mmm Thanksgiving! I can't wait! I pretty much rode dirt jumps all freakin weekend. Not a bad way to spend my time IMO. I was feeling pretty good this morning so I decided to supercharge my waffles with some smooth peanut butter. We'll see if that was a good idea or not sometime soon...
Dirt jumps, that is the one style of biking I have yet to try. I wish I had enough land to make some jumps

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Morning monkies!!!!

I had a great weekend. Thursday night drove ut to the hamptons. Woke up early friday and went for a nice 30+ mile road ride along the hamton water front. The houses there are immense and the beach front is simply beautiful. Friday night had a few friends over and had a Chinese food feast... yes i ate way to much.
Saturday we went wine tasting.. we must have hit at least 5 wineries on the northfork between the tastings and the bottles we bought at each one we were feeling great!!!!! We wound up just hanging at the last one for a few hours listening to some live music and relaxing with a bottle of wine. then off to dinner in Greenport.. yummy. Sunday another ride ( more like a cruise) through the streets of Hampton Bays... watched a cool movie, Crash .. and then headed home.. all in all a great relaxing weekend with some great friends

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good morning, kiddos!

Lots of riding this weekend. Saturday was a mob scene over at my trails. Must have been 15 people out hitting the jumps and skinnies. Really cool to be able to watch so much talent do what they do best. Rode from 11am until dark. Nice. Hung out with a friend of mine later that evening that was in town for the weekend and got tanked at the local dive bar. With a hurting head, I managed to drag myself out on Sunday to try and join the same crew as Saturday at another local spot. Decided I needed to get some XC miles under my belt before hitting the Dj's, and ended up finding some new trails that I haven't been on yet which took me to some other trails I hadn't seen either.........before I knew it, three hours had gone by, I was out of water, and was a long way from the car with the sun going down. Conjuring up my best orienteering skills, I managed to un-lost myself just in time to get back before darkness reared it ugly head. I was whooped by then and ran into the crew coming back from the DJ session. They looked just as beat down as I felt too. Got back to the house and caught the rest of the Panther's game and grubbed on some Enchilidas.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
is stosh not back yet?

60 years of marriage, damn. well done.

didn't do too much this weekend.

- spent an inordinate amount of time w/ my PC and network, but all is well

- did some bike maintenance

- raked some leaves and played w/ the kids outside.

also did a short ride in the neighborhood w/ the boys and a friend of theirs. at one point otis wasn't watching where he was going, a car was on-coming, and i tried to shepherd him closer to the edge of the road a bit. he hit my bike, and went OTB. poor little guy! no cuts or big bruises, but i think it scared the crap out of him. he was back on the bike the next minute though. :thumb:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. I worked all weekend and it sucked. As far as Thanksgiving, hell yeah I'm ready!! Or club (SMBA) does a Turkey Day group ride every year in the morning to work up everyone's appetite, and I'm thinking that I'll have my SS done in time for it's maiden voyage by then. :thumb: As for the dinner itself, my dad want to take my family and my inlaws out for Thanksgiving dinner somewhere. On the plus side, that means no cooking and no dishes to clean, on the minus....no leftovers. :( I'll just have to order 2 plates and take one home! :D

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
narlus said:
is stosh not back yet?

60 years of marriage, damn. well done.

didn't do too much this weekend.

- spent an inordinate amount of time w/ my PC and network, but all is well

- did some bike maintenance

- raked some leaves and played w/ the kids outside.

also did a short ride in the neighborhood w/ the boys and a friend of theirs. at one point otis wasn't watching where he was going, a car was on-coming, and i tried to shepherd him closer to the edge of the road a bit. he hit my bike, and went OTB. poor little guy! no cuts or big bruises, but i think it scared the crap out of him. he was back on the bike the next minute though. :thumb:
Not really surer whats going on with stosh?

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Hi everyone,

Haven't posted much lately, because it's been so busy I can't even catch my breath around here.

Rode Friday and Saturday with with my wife, on her new Giant OCR2, while I pulled my daughter in a chariot trailer. My wife got the best of that deal, I was pushing hard enough to make my knees ache, and she could barely get into her aerobic zone. Had a great time. Started working with my daughter to get her off the training wheels but I'm not sure she is ready, so I'm not going to push her.

Today is my 42'nd birthday (for some reason not showing up on RM), but I had to come into work at 3:50 AM to fix some servers which went offline because of a power problem.

I am finally getting some sleep, with a new medication the Neurologist put me on, so life is getting better. I also almost finished my "Christmas" shopping.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
McGRP01 said:
Morning. I worked all weekend and it sucked. As far as Thanksgiving, hell yeah I'm ready!! Or club (SMBA) does a Turkey Day group ride every year in the morning to work up everyone's appetite, and I'm thinking that I'll have my SS done in time for it's maiden voyage by then. :thumb: As for the dinner itself, my dad want to take my family and my inlaws out for Thanksgiving dinner somewhere. On the plus side, that means no cooking and no dishes to clean, on the minus....no leftovers. :( I'll just have to order 2 plates and take one home! :D
The Turkey-Burner is always fun. I don't believe I will be attending this year :( but perhaps Sq-Earl will make an appearance. Either that, or maybe we'll head out for our own private (slow pregnant lady paced) ride ;)

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
I started the electrical and framing work for my attic converstion... a 18x20 space on my 3rd floor... I hauled 35 sheets of drywall up two flights...:rolleyes:

should be a cool space:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning! I think I am ready for Thanksgiving. I sent out my invitations a few weeks ago...everyone has RSVPed, I have the menu set and have told everyone what they need to bring. Now, I just need to dust, vaccuum and make the pies :D

I had a nice weekend this weekend. Went out to the inlaws (Rochester area) for a baby shower. We have some very generous realtives and friends and got soe nice gifts for our little girl. Tonight I have to start putting the gifts away and am hoping to do some more leaf removal too as the yard is covered again!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
johnbryanpeters said:
Howdy.

A friend and I did an eight mile recon of some new trails yesterday, met a few deer hunters and one coyote.

I'm headed down to North Easton, MA on Tuesday, planning to ride Borderland S.P. and maybe Nam; oh yeah, turkey too...

J
Nice! I lived in N. Easton for 3 years. Spent A LOT of time hiking, running, playing frisbee golf, biking, etc. at Borderland. Very cool place!!! Have fun...I'm jealous. I really miss that area. :(

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Crashby said:
I started the electrical and framing work for my attic converstion... a 18x20 space on my 3rd floor... I hauled 35 sheets of drywall up two flights...:rolleyes:

should be a cool space:

Nice! My attic is very simular in size and configuration. Unfortunately I only have a small hole to crawl through to get up into mine at this point. Thinking about putting in a spiral staircase to get up there and doing the same thing. Make sure to post pics along the way so I can follow you progress (and steal you ideas!! :devil: )

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Helped put in a new trail on Saturday. Felt like I raked two miles of leaves, but I would be surprised if it was more than a quarter mile.

Sunday went to Austin with Loco to ride City Park. We only made one loop(6-7 miles) and called it quits. What is up with it being in the upper 80's in November?:dead:

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Good morning.

Had a nice weekend with Rob. The weather was great and we were out for 3 hours riding through the woods yesterday. We were really impressed at how much we've improved since the spring. It's amazing to be riding in shorts and a jersey in November. Last time we did, we just expected that that was it for the season and were ready to pack it in. But, what a nice surprise!

On the downside, I was packing up Rob's car with my gear afterwards and somehow my glasses case slipped behind his roof rack. So we took off and heard a little thunk, but thought nothing of it. About 10 minutes later, I couldn't find my glasses. We both the recalled the noise, went back to investigate and found them in about 5 pieces on the road. In the meantime, I'm trying to get by with my prescription sunglasses. Watching tv and driving in the dark with them is interesting. I totally look like Ray Charles!

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
bluebug32 said:
Sweet! We can eat turkey and then ride the stunts in your yard ;)
somehow I dont think after eating tree's turkey and fixins i will be ready to ride.. possibly just downhill.. providing i dont have to pedal

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Morning monkeys.

It was an excellent weekend. BB pretty much covered it all, and my drive back this morning was uneventful and actually quite enjoyable with O&A on the XM. In any case, it's shaping up to be a decent day, just a quiz to take and it'll all be cool.

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
hey monkeys. been hiding out for a while just got too much going on and if I even sign onto the monkey in the morning then my day is wasted. Been busy with work, getting personal things organized. I'm dating a couple women and I'm getting ready to let one down so I can get serious with the other. Don't think I'm a playa, I've never lied to either of them and I haven't led them on, but I think I'm ready to get serious with one of them (don't worry stosh, pics to follow).
Oh yeah, I'm also getting a new (to me) car. I found a really nice black '02 Audi a4 1.8T, great price, low mileage, and great condition. Should own it before the end of the week.

Peace out yo.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Crazy Sweeper said:
hey monkeys. been hiding out for a while just got too much going on and if I even sign onto the monkey in the morning then my day is wasted. Been busy with work, getting personal things organized. I'm dating a couple women and I'm getting ready to let one down so I can get serious with the other. Don't think I'm a playa, I've never lied to either of them and I haven't led them on, but I think I'm ready to get serious with one of them (don't worry stosh, pics to follow).
Oh yeah, I'm also getting a new (to me) car. I found a really nice black '02 Audi a4 1.8T, great price, low mileage, and great condition. Should own it before the end of the week.

Peace out yo.
hey whats up crazy.. sounds like you have been damn busy.. i hope all goes well with the woman situation.. i know its not going to be easy...
audi a4 ... very nice.. i like thats car a lot good luck.... so any time for riding????