Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
Good morning monkey's! I hope everyone had a GREAT Turkey day. I know I did.

May I Introduce to you our newest Monkey

Mancil William Gray
Born November 26, 2005 at 9:54am
6lbs 13oz
19 ¾ in

Dad and Son

Very Pale dad (didn't get much sleep) and son

Mommy and son (she is doing great)

Family

Grandmom (my mom) and grandson

Again

Happy Holidays

Sorry the pictures aren't great but I have NO energy to make them look nice.

After today I'll be home with the family so I'll pick up the GMT once I get back on my feet.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
AWSOME! Great turkey day present! Congrats! :thumb:

edit: Oh yeah, I'm finishing up another all-nighter but my term paper is finished and ready to turn in at 8, so I am feeling good.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Congrats man. :thumb: It really was a thankful holiday for you.

Morning monkeys, nothing much to report. Family was here over Thanksgiving. The immediate family was fine, the grandmother drove me nuts. Turkey day was nice, Denver pulled out a win, the food was excellent, and good laughs were had. Friday sucked at the mall, and also involved laying new flooring in my living room and dining room, which carried on into Saturday and yesterday.

Other than that, I've got a cold or something from the weekend. Blah. Sucks.

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
I Are Baboon said:
Awwwwww! Very cute baby! Congratulations, Mancil! :)

This shouldn't be in a GMT...it should have its own thread and labeled appropriatey. :)
Yeah you’re right but I don't have the energy to make another thread. This little guy is very taxing for only being alive for 2 days. I have been up since 1:00 this morning (wanted to give mommy a break)

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MancilG said:
Yeah you’re right but I don't have the energy to make another thread. This little guy is very taxing for only being alive for 2 days. I have been up since 1:00 this morning (wanted to give mommy a break)
I really think your duties as GMT administrator should be a higher priority over your new fatherhood duties. :monkey:

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Morning Monkies!!!

I had a great Turkey day. I went to my cousins house and spent a few days with her and some family!!!!
I went for a nice road ride along the westside highway yesterday... it was a little chilly but not so bad . I wound up doing 52 miles. Of course I forgot i had a Basketball game last night so my legs werent feeling to fresh for that. We won pretty easily 68-42. I wound up scoring 27 Points with 6 treys... I think I sprained my big toe though..is that possible????? anyways enjoy the day!!!

Congrats on the new addition to your family Mancil!!!! good looking kid!!!!!

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Congrats Mancil!!!

I hope you all had a good holiday weekend full of lots of food. I know I sure did. A decent amount happened, I got my new Soul Cycles frame from the warranty of my last one. I got a job at Sears selling TVs and stuff, and then I bought a 97 Honda Civic. So, I'm pretty happy right now. :)

Have a good day. :)

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Congrats! And good luck :D

Had a good break from work, sucks to be back... but only a few weeks until I have a solid 9 days off in a row.

Hopefully this consulting project is over in the next couple weeks. I'm going to push my boss on the issue, was told it was a 6-8 week project but I think they were a little misleading on the amount of work they were trying to cram into 8 weeks. This week is 8 weeks and the end doesn't look to be coming.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good morning and CONGRATULATIONS Mancil! He's absolutely beautiful!!!! I am SO happy to hear that everyone is doing well. :D

We had a nice Turkey day with the family even though I was sick. Thankfully everyone pitched in and helped clean the driveway (we got 7" of snow) and helped with the food prep. I am overly organized so everything went smoothly (yes, I am one of those anal people that sets everything out the day before including serving bowls, etc.). Managed to get the house cleaned up after everyone went home for the weekend and relaxed. Sq-Earl finished the mural on the nursery wall...it is absolutely amazing. I will take some digital pics and post them up later today. The crib and dresser/changing table should be here this week so we'll get that put together and everything will be put away in it place.
Did some online holiday shopping over the weekend...god I love sitting in the comfort of my home watching the yahoos on TV fighting for black friday bargains while I get the same deals online! Today I am back to school and back to work :( 20 days until Christmas vacation for me :D I guess that's something to look forward to.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
McGRP01 said:
Morning all. Turkey Day sucked and I had a crappy weekend. That is all.
Woah......not so good. Care to elaborate?

My weekend was fantastic. Glad to have the time off. Got incredibly wasted on Thanksgiving, did some Black Friday shopping, rode all day on Saturday and played a little golf on Sunday but got rained out halfway through. Watched the Panthers eek out a win over Buffalo, but was bummed Washington got clipped for a last minute loss.....

The wife and I also went to see the new Johnny Cash biopic "Walk the Line" on Sat night. It was a fantastic film and I was immersed into believing Pheonix and Witherspoon were Johnny and June. If he doesn't get an academy award for this one, something is wrong with the system. Two middle-fingers up!

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
TreeSaw said:
Good morning and CONGRATULATIONS Mancil! He's absolutely beautiful!!!! I am SO happy to hear that everyone is doing well. :D
Thanks TS... Kim only had to push 12 times and he came right out

Everything was really easy (the doc told her she was born to do this)

I told the doc not to give her any ideas haha

J

JRB

Congrats, Mancil. Now I know you are lying about all of the chicks you score. ;)

Beautiful kid.

Good morning. Off to work.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
MancilG said:
Thanks TS... Kim only had to push 12 times and he came right out

Everything was really easy (the doc told her she was born to do this)

I told the doc not to give her any ideas haha
That's GREAT to hear....I don't hear so many good birthing stories ;) I can only hope mine goes as smoothly :D

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
congrats mancil.

good break from work. good t-day, friday was spent doing a lot of nothing, went bowling w/ the boys sat which was fun, and did a ride w/ splat and a couple friends yesterday. no crashes either.

edit - a couple of bowling pics:

otis, w/ the textbook delivery:

dad rolled a gutter ball!:

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Congrats MacilG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a great time testing out the new xc skis the last 4 days. Skiing is such a damn good workout. Just out cruising for 2 hours burned 728 calories! For the fun of it, I wore my heart rate monitor to see what happened. I was pleasantly surprised with how high it got.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Heidi said:
Congrats MacilG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a great time testing out the new xc skis the last 4 days. Skiing is such a damn good workout. Just out cruising for 2 hours burned 728 calories! For the fun of it, I wore my heart rate monitor to see what happened. I was pleasantly surprised with how high it got.
I haven't been XC skiing in ages...I used to really enjoy it too. I am always amazed at what my heart rate monitor says. Little things seem to get the pulse going and other times it's lower than I expect. :think:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
TreeSaw said:
That's GREAT to hear....I don't hear so many good birthing stories ;) I can only hope mine goes as smoothly :D
if it's any consolation, my wife's were pretty smooth (of course, this is by my standards, i wasn't the one w/ a large wriggling mass struggling its way out of a body orifice).

1st one she was in hospital for ~4 hrs before birth, and about 20 min of pushing (was 7 cm at check-in, so her decision for epidural or no epidural was made for her; she opted for the nubane (sp?) for minor pain relief).

2nd one she was induced, and it was over in about 2 hr after the pitocin took over.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
narlus said:
if it's any consolation, my wife's were pretty smooth (of course, this is by my standards, i wasn't the one w/ a large wriggling mass struggling its way out of a body orifice).

1st one she was in hospital for ~4 hrs before birth, and about 20 min of pushing (was 7 cm at check-in, so her decision for epidural or no epidural was made for her; she opted for the nubane (sp?) for minor pain relief).

2nd one she was induced, and it was over in about 2 hr after the pitocin took over.
Nice! :thumb: I have never heard a good delivery story after labor was induced :D so it's good to hear!

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
I think my day just got better... rumor has it that The little brown dressed man stopped by my LBS with something for me.. i will just have to wait until after work to find out if its true!!!!