Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I'm sick again today!!

I think I cursed myself the other day saying that in the past 3yrs at my job I've never used a sick day...

I'm feeling a little better today but I just want to take it easy and not hurry back to work.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

Weekend was pretty uneventful. Was supposed to ride Saturday, but got bogged down with other stuff, so I never made it out. Sunday we had an open house - hopefully something will come of that. Sunday night we had some friends over... had a great time. Had a couple bottles of wine, so fish, shrimp, steamed clams, pasta... :drool: To top it all off, we watched Amadeus (one of my favorite movies) while we enjoyed the first burn in our new fireplace.

Man, there's nothing like a good movie, a fire, and a glass of wine.

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
Gooooood morning! Got some shuttles runs in yesterday as I didn't feel like riding the trail bike. Been up since 3:30 for some unknown reason. My 6 month old woke up at 5am and my wife's sick. Yay!

Could be worse though.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Man, there's nothing like a good movie, a fire, and a glass of wine.

yes there is and it begins with S and Ends with X.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
hey stosh -

my weekend kinda sucked...i was sick sat, and spent most of the afternoon sleeping. didn't even leave the house.

yesterday we got our xmas tree, and the kids had fun playing @ the local farm we got it from. cooked up a nice meal, trimmed the tree, watched some football, burned a couple of cds.

still haven't totally rid myself of the headcold though.

work sucks.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Had a great weekend. Got a good 3 hour ride in on Saturday then went skiing all day yesterday. I swapped out my crappy 14 year old ski's for a friends high end modern ones. Wow what a difference!!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning! Sorry to hear you're still sick Stosh! Hopefully you'll get this cold out of the way and be able to enjoy your holidays though. Saturday I helped my sister work on a big presentation for her final project and we went to see Harry Potter. Sunday I had my baby shower and got to visit with a bunch of family and friends (including Isabelle whom I haven't seen in a whole year!!!!). :D Other than that, nothing too exciting going on at my house. Part one of the nursery furniture was delivered Friday and the crib comes today so we'll have some work to do tonight!
So far, this morning has been slow...maybe I need some coffee!

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Morning stosh. How was the concert?

An uneventful, but certainly very relaxing weekend was had, which involved riding in the cold, watching lots of good DVDs and just generally relaxing and doing nothing productive.

This week is exam week.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
Good morning.... or is it night? It seems like all nighters are the only time I get in on the morning forums. I'm getting ready for finals and finishing up a big paper that took me way too long to write. Hope you get better Stosh and narlus.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Holy crap... I just walked over to the office kitchen to make some oatmeal for breakfast - someone has some NASTY morning BO!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
jacksonpt said:
Holy crap... I just walked over to the office kitchen to make some oatmeal for breakfast - someone has some NASTY morning BO!
The lingering kind like the Seinfeld episode?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
it's THE BEAST!

i had a classroom @ college which hosted some very advanced level math class prior to ours...damn did that place stink.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
narlus said:
it's THE BEAST!

i had a classroom @ college which hosted some very advanced level math class prior to ours...damn did that place stink.
Eww, grad student funk.:dead: :oink:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Rained all weekend. Still raining today.

My brother got his latest project up and running. Just needs tuning. Boost is fun.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning all! I had a cool weekend. It was nice (after working 4 weekends in a row) to actually spend one with my family. :) Started off on the right foot with my first ever SS ride on Friday night. Myself and 3 other SMBA member did a 2 hour SS only group night-ride. It kicked ass and I have to say that I'm hooked. So quiet, so smooth, so simple... I :heart: my SS. :love: So much so that I suggested to one of the guys that was riding with us and was on my 24-hour team at Dalton that we put together a SS team for next year. :eek: :dead: :sneaky: We'll see how that goes over... Sat. I went to a birthday party for my bro-in-law who just turned 39. Many beers were consumed. :drool: Yesterday I got up in the morning and went and got a xmas tree and we spent the day trimming that bad boy. Turned out pretty nice this year. That's about it I guess... Happy Monday! :thumb:

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Good morning. Had a nice weekend with Rob. Like he said, we had a chilly, mud-filled ride on Saturday and I think that pushed us to really pack in the XC for the winter. I got a higher riser block for the trainer so hopefully that'll help with actually riding it.

And the most exciting part, I found an '05 King Kikapu frame online (the frame I've been wanting since the first time I laid eyes on it). It was a steal so I ordered it and will transfer the parts from my Cinder Cone onto the frame. I just hope they really do have it in stock! :crossfingers:

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Mornin all. Went to Ray's MTB this weekend for some mayhem. That place is even better than last year, and last year it was awesome. I forsee making many trips there this winter. My upper body is killing me.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Morning everyone. Awesome weekend here. I went snowboarding in over a foot of new powder on Saturday; the base is up to 85" and growing steadily. WOOHOO. Anyway, it was my first time on my board since knee surgery and I did aiiight. I still get some sharp pains in the knee cap but I'll live. Sunday we went xc skiing to test out my new skis. Awesome bluebird conditions and the best day out there so far. ROCK ON.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Echo said:
Mornin all. Went to Ray's MTB this weekend for some mayhem. That place is even better than last year, and last year it was awesome. I forsee making many trips there this winter. My upper body is killing me.
Sweet! I am hoping that someone took some pics and/or video. Sq-Earl was sad to miss out this time, but was sure you'd be heading back again soon :D

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Morning!

My weekend was pretty boring mostly just sitting around the house. I worked for 8hours on Saturday which sucked a lot... started snowing sometime Friday night and didn't stop until early Sunday. So we have a good 8" of snow here, although we have high winds so it's all blowing around. Luckily I have a 2hr delay this morning so I get to hangout for another half hour since the roads are so icy and what not.

And apparently it's supposed to snow again from Tuesday to Thursday. :evil: :)

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
TreeSaw said:
Sweet! I am hoping that someone took some pics and/or video. Sq-Earl was sad to miss out this time, but was sure you'd be heading back again soon :D
Yeah he would have tore that place up!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Westy said:
Got a letter from the IRS telling me that I owe them $9K. This is going to be fun. :dead:
is that in regards to (and i know i will screw this up) some changes about deferred taxes, capital losses, and mutual funds? i do recall glancing about this in the paper, but perhaps it's a MA-only thing.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
narlus said:
is that in regards to (and i know i will screw this up) some changes about deferred taxes, capital losses, and mutual funds? i do recall glancing about this in the paper, but perhaps it's a MA-only thing.
No just some money I got from my mothers pension after she died. Looking back I really screwed up everything up from a tax perspective, I was put in charge of all her assets when she got sick. At the time the last thing on my mind was money.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Westy said:
No just some money I got from my mothers pension after she died. Looking back I really screwed up everything up from a tax perspective, I was put in charge of all her assets when she got sick. At the time the last thing on my mind was money.
D'oh! Good luck settling things up...I hope you get a good IRS person to talk to .

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Good Morning/afternoon

Well it is official, I am now a new Homeowner!!! I closed onmy house on Friday, wasnt nearly as bad as i thought it would be. The owner isnt movong out until wednesday though, so now I have to be patient. Cat wait to get in there and start working!!!! well not really but...
I am stuck on nights once again, this time for just a week. I am taking off all of next week to paint the house, re do the floors and make it all our own, should be a fun week.. other than that not much going on!!

have a great day