Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

Well now we have NO heat in the building. This place F'ing blows....
I tried to mail some christmas cards this morning, there was about 20 people in line at the post office so I decided not to wait around.

Well I'm excited for Christmas but I feel this is going to be a long week at work for some reason.

splat

Nam I am
Morning Stosh !

Lead a Road ride yesterday . Did 33 Miles on the road using my Tandem , my 9 year old son was my stoker , had to watch out for some serious Ice patches . Might have been a good idea to put the studded tires on it , but hind sight is 20/20

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Morning, Stosh! Had a pretty fabulous weekend. :D The company party was unbelievable. Great food, great company, great bar... and they handed out Christmas bonuses for everyone! I can't believe how fun it was. Everyone at work this morning is still excited about it... they are all bouncing off the walls. Finished my scrapbook for my little bro this weekend too, which was exciting! 13 hours Saturday, then finished it up Sunday. Looks pretty good I must say. Also exchanged a gift w/ bv this weekend. He got me a very pretty necklace. Have a good Monday!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Crazy weekend. Went on a chilly 40 mile road ride on Saturday. Roads were nothing but ice, slush, salt and gravel. Good times.

Had meetings all day yesterday about a possibly business venture. I'm excited about the possibily of busting my ass and making little to no money.

Had an uncle die Saturday night from cancer. I only remember meeting him once in my life, really cool guy, I feel bad for his wife and kids. He had just retired a few months before getting sick, that seems to be a pattern in my family.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
hey stosh - the weekend was abbreviated, as sat was spent travelling back to the land of the yanks. for details of my trip, take a look here or here.

yesterday i just hung around the house and played w/ the boys. cooked a great dinner (see B&F for details), ordered the christmas roast, and didn't do much else.

hopefully today is the that the secret santa gift gets here. :think:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Morning monkeys.

As antimony said, did a gift exchange this weekend and scored the 7th season of the Simpsons! :love:

The party was really fun, had a lot of drinks at the open bar and the food was delicious. Good times... I can't believe they go all out like that!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello. An uneventful weekend....I spent most of it getting all our present wrapping done and did housework. It didn't mind the quiet weekend considering the CHAOS that will take place this upcoming weekend.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
antimony said:
Morning, Stosh! Had a pretty fabulous weekend. :D The company party was unbelievable. Great food, great company, great bar... and they handed out Christmas bonuses for everyone! I can't believe how fun it was. Everyone at work this morning is still excited about it... they are all bouncing off the walls. Finished my scrapbook for my little bro this weekend too, which was exciting! 13 hours Saturday, then finished it up Sunday. Looks pretty good I must say. Also exchanged a gift w/ bv this weekend. He got me a very pretty necklace. Have a good Monday!
THats awesome! My end of the year party is a nice resturant. It should be... um... ok but we should be getting our bonuses then.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Sup yall. Got a wild hair yesterday and got my ass up at 5am and drove to Cleveland for a day of riding at Ray's MTB. That place rocks!

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Term ended last Thursday, so now I am off for a few weeks. Had a fairly eventful weekend. Met up with some friends on Friday and just hung out. Saturday I met my friend Ashley and Joanna and went and saw a girls hockey game. The girl that wants to date me is a hockey player. Sunday was more Christmas shopping and out again with Ashley to look for a fish. Got my sister a little game called 20 Questions. Creepy how much that little thing knows...

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Good morning. Had a nice weekend in Seneca Falls with Rob. Now he's on break and I'm back at work...ick. Hopefully the week will go fast.

Thanks for the cd, Stosh! It was a nice surprise when I got home last night :) I'm still waiting for the secret santa and my elf hasn't said anything (but should have gotten the package last week) Strange.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good morning!

Long weekend......well, it seemed like it anyway. Helped a friend move halfway across the state on Sat. morning. The company I work for has a big box truck they were willing to let me use, so I dropped it off for them to load on Fri evening, and picked it up around 6am Sat. My wife and I were also having a Christmas party later that evening, so I had to have that truck at the location and emptied out by at the latest, 2pm in order to make it back in time for the party. I pulled into the driveway at 5:30 and my poor wife was still up to her neck in decorations that she still hadn't been able to get put up. So we put it into overdrive and somehow managed to get it done before everyone started arriving at 7:30.

The party was a great one. A lot of my riding buddies showed up, so I broke out the Tres Generations Tequila and we started doing shooters until it was gone. Completely polluted. Merry Christmas, tiny Tim.

Stayed up and cleaned the house after everyone left at around 2:30 am. Washed the last dish and put the last garbage bag out at around 5:30 am---24 hours away from when I woke up the previous day! The wife was so impressed, she left me alone for the whole day Sunday while the dog and I watched football and recovered our aching heads......

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
Good morning. Had a nice weekend in Seneca Falls with Rob. Now he's on break and I'm back at work...ick. Hopefully the week will go fast.

Thanks for the cd, Stosh! It was a nice surprise when I got home last night :) I'm still waiting for the secret santa and my elf hasn't said anything (but should have gotten the package last week) Strange.
I contacted your ELF and I haven't heard back from him yet either.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Good morning... I am back.. vavcationing at work. well its over I moved into the new house yeasterday. I took all last week off to rip up carpets/flooring, paint some rooms etc. basically made it ours. Yesterday with some help from my friends we moved everything in!!!! it was weird sleepingthere last night , but very very exciting. I am loving the new house. I will be sure to post pics once I get my computer hooked up again!!!
and I am back on the monkey... last week was hell week. 8 am - 9pm working in the house, no monkey for me... I m sure you all just missed me terribley :)

everyone have a great day!!!!!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Squeezed another ~250mhz out of my computer this weekend with a second round of overclock, too... Total of 585mhz increase over stock speed.

I'm such a hopeless geek :o:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
binary visions said:
Squeezed another ~250mhz out of my computer this weekend with a second round of overclock, too... Total of 585mhz increase over stock speed.

make sure Stosh's fire extinguisher is nearby. :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:

Thats awesome! YOu still using air cooling?

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Good Morning! More snow here this weekend - I did alot of xc skiing and exploring. Oh, and guess what? I'm officially an aunt now!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
douglas said:
how did that happen?

and were you unofficially an aunt previously?
My brother and his wife just had a boy! Yes, it was unofficial before because they hadn't had it yet. Don't make me move this to the political forum. :mumble:

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
hooples3 said:
Good morning... I am back.. vavcationing at work. well its over I moved into the new house yeasterday. I took all last week off to rip up carpets/flooring, paint some rooms etc. basically made it ours. Yesterday with some help from my friends we moved everything in!!!! it was weird sleepingthere last night , but very very exciting. I am loving the new house. I will be sure to post pics once I get my computer hooked up again!!!
and I am back on the monkey... last week was hell week. 8 am - 9pm working in the house, no monkey for me... I m sure you all just missed me terribley :)

everyone have a great day!!!!!
Awesome! Congrats! And, of course we missed you :D

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Had a great weekend here.

Fri nite was anniversery nite so MizN8 and I ate dinner at Copeland's. It's pretty good for a New Orleans style resturant.

We didn't hit a lick Saturday... We had intentions of going out Sat nite but when the kids were all out roller skating we just stayed home and enjoyed playing around with out liquor stash.

Sunday I took my daughter to see King Kong... that pretty much shot the whole day. I was a good movie however. A little slow to start but great later on.

Looking forward to doing some night riding this week.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
stosh said:
Thats awesome! YOu still using air cooling?
Not only am I still using air cooling, I'm still using the stock heatsink/fan. The thing only runs a few degrees warmer than stock - not sure why the CPU runs so cool. Temperatures seem to be reading accurately, though, since they do normal curves during intense use, and the BIOS reads the same temperature as the motherboard monitor. I'm happy about it, though :D

narlus said:
make sure Stosh's fire extinguisher is nearby. :)
Ahh, yeah, I was worried that the temperatures would shoot up but they haven't so far... Thus far, it's just been a free 2.4ghz upgrade over the 1.8ghz chip :D

Got a thread in the geek-- I mean, tech forum if anyone's interested in specifics.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
good morning Stosh.
good morning Ridemonkey-ers.

Friggin' cold here ... -1F this am, -15F wind chill. Sucks to be me.

No riding this weekend (see above) but went to a fun Christmas party Sat. night and listened to 3 women talk smack and tell stories about another woman, only to turn 180 and be all hugs and kisses when she surprised them by showing up. Nice!! ;)

Ate lots of homemade sweets at said party. Don't let anyone tell you that brownies and beer don't go together. They lie.

I also figured out a cool variation of Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas on my guitar.

Got together with friends at a pizza joint to watch the Bears game last night. Cheap pitchers and $.25 wings.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. My GOD it's cold.

have a great day everyone.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good morning! Had a nice weekend. Friday night the hubby and I went to his company Christmas party and had fun. Saturday I decided to clean the house and took my sisters shopping (I can't believe they haven't finished yet). Sunday I spent the day relaxing and putting the nursery together, making my lists of things to do for the week and deciding which cookies I will be making this year. Other than that, nothing much going on...at school today and it's uneventful thus far so I hope it stays that way. ;)

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
N8 said:
Had a great weekend here.

Fri nite was anniversery nite so MizN8 and I ate dinner at Copeland's. It's pretty good for a New Orleans style resturant.

We didn't hit a lick Saturday... We had intentions of going out Sat nite but when the kids were all out roller skating we just stayed home and enjoyed playing around with out liquor stash.

Sunday I took my daughter to see King Kong... that pretty much shot the whole day. I was a good movie however. A little slow to start but great later on.

Looking forward to doing some night riding this week.
You have kids??

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
'Morning all. Not much to report since the arrival of my son. Seems like every waking hour is spent attending to his needs. Tiring to say the least. However, my wonderful wife took over Sunday morning and told me to go for a ride. :heart: I hooked up with a MORE/Bike Lane group ride for a good 3 hours around the local trails. Luckily it was cold enough and the ground was relatively solid. There was even snow still on the ground in a couple of spots making everyone laugh as we attempted to climb in it. Good stuff. :)

Andy_B

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
whereabouts unknown
Morn` Folks

Weekend as followed...Well it started Friday am....

Get up at 5.00am grab skis jump in truck. Drive 1.5 hours to meeting point/breakfast... Arrive at the resort around 9.00. Get lift tic's (6 for 1 day)... Ski till 4.30... Upgrade tic`s at this point for 10$ ski another 4 hours. Drive home.

Sat. am off to work for 8 hours on the slopes. Bail out at 3.30 get ready for my office party. It was fun. Good food, music and a Hot Date (+ she rides). Bail from this party around 11p run home change in to "normal clothes" and head to the next party, The Annual X-Mas party thrown by fellow biker/skier... Well we all know how these party's go.

I get home around 5am, sleep for about 3 hours. Back to work at the slopes around 9am... logged another 10 hours in my boots.

Today, I'm on my 5th cup of coffee. I hate Monday's.

Mr. ShortShorts this picture is for you. Yes that's Bacon...

Attachments

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
Partied. Broke up with the girl. Partied. Shaved head. Packed stuff for upcomming move. Watched football. Changed up gears on the SS. Partied.

It was rough weekend and I'm glad it's over.