Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I had a busy weekend of snowboarding.

I have a BUSY day today at work so I gotta jet!

Hope ya all have a great day!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good morning! This weekend went by pretty fast for us. Friday night we went out to dinner with a couple of friends...nothing fancy--hooters--and then we saw "Hostel". We had birthing class all day Saturday (a little boring and again, I didn't learn anything new as I have already done quite a bit of reading but we're still glad we went). Sunday was bum around the house, clean and cook day.

Today should be pretty slow at school as the Elementary students are doing NYS testing and I have just a few middle school kids scheduled for make-up lessons and a jazz band rehearsal. Tonight I teach a couple of lessons at home and then plan on working on the baby's scrapbook. I have some funny pictures to put in depicting all of the crazy things I have done while carrying her :D

That's about all for now.

I almost forgot the baby count-down--19 days!!! :eek:

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh. I had a good weekend. Renae was out of town all day Friday and Saturday... I rode Saturday and did a 10-mile hike on Sunday. I'm dragging today.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning!

We had a GREAT day of skiing Saturday. We were pretty wiped out Sunday morning and MBC didn't feel all that well, so we blew off skiing yesterday and just drove home and spent the day napping and watching football. :)

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning monkeys.

Getting pretty close, eh, TreeSaw? Best of luck! :)

Spent part of yesterday lounging by the pool, since it was pretty nice out and the sun was bright. It's supposed to be up near 70 all week this week :eek: - I'm excited!

Too bad the Panthers/Giants game was such a blowout.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
binary visions said:
'morning monkeys.

Getting pretty close, eh, TreeSaw? Best of luck! :)

Spent part of yesterday lounging by the pool, since it was pretty nice out and the sun was bright. It's supposed to be up near 70 all week this week :eek: - I'm excited!

Too bad the Panthers/Giants game was such a blowout.
Yeah...getting closer everyday. I had what I believe to be my first few "practice" contractions over the weekend. They really weren't bad but then again, they weren't the real thing yet either. We're excited that we'll be having another ultrasound on Friday to determine the baby's size...the Dr. is estimating about 6 lbs. but we'll know more for sure on Friday afternoon!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Friday, was a female friends bday.....she choose to start the evening off at a strip club :D

Sunday, I did a snow/ice bike ride...pretty tough going w/o studs

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
johnbryanpeters said:
Not so good for me, my niece's husband, a Dade county law enforcement guy temporarily doing contract work in Iraq, went down in that blackhawk that crashed yesterday. :dead:
I'm very sorry to hear that. I haven't heard why it happened yet, have you?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
johnbryanpeters said:
Not so good for me, my niece's husband, a Dade county law enforcement guy temporarily doing contract work in Iraq, went down in that blackhawk that crashed yesterday. :dead:
:eek: I am SO sorry to hear that. Best wishes to him and his family/friends.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
johnbryanpeters said:
Sorry to hear that, JBP :(

I didn't even know he was there until I saw my niece at a wedding in September - she said his going was the only disagreement with him that she had ever lost - I spent time efter the wedding hanging out with family, including Carolyn and her son, who's 16 or 17... I was driving her nuts telling him I'd give him a motorcycle.

This sucks so bad...

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
johnbryanpeters said:
Ugh! That is terrible. Sorry to hear that, JBP. :(

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
good morning monkeys!!

I was able to get out on the trails this weekend. I took a friend who has never really had the opportuniyt to ride on the trails before. It was great showing him around and just being outside. he came from a BMX background so he was quite comfortable on the bike. all in all a great day to be outside!!!

JBP sorry to hear about your friend, please keep us informed on any new information. best wishes go out to you and your family

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
johnbryanpeters said:

JBP so sorry to hear of your sad news. I'll include your neice in my prayers tonight.

Had a pretty good weekend. Connor played goalie in Mini-mites this weekend and he did really well. He's got some natural talent between the pipes! Liam's team broke a five game losing streak on Sunday with 3-2 win over a Squirt A team. I felt so happy for the kids - they played great and deserved the win. Liam really stepped up his play on Sunday and it was cool to watch - hopefully he'll build on his performance on Sunday.

Tonight I have a Mens League Game - hopefully we can post up a win.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning all. Sorry JBP. :( I had an uneventful weekend. Worked as usual. Nothing of interest to report.

My baby countdown: 8 days. :help:

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Morn'
Yesterday did the best winter snow ride I've ever been on. 15 mi, almost all singletrack, and it was snowing while we were out there. The studded tires I made worked great.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Good morning.

Sorry to hear your news, JBP. I don't even know what to say. I can't imagine. I just found out that a friend since childhood who did ROTC is being shipped off to Iraq this month.

I guess there's no correct way to transition to the weekend. But it was really good. I spent it with my Rob in Seneca Falls. We had a great time and hung out at his LBS for a couple hours on Sat. getting my roadbike adjusted to alleviate some of the shoulder pain I've been having. Got a nice new stem for it. Now it's back to work until next weekend when we build up our new bikes! :thumb:

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Good morning everyone! Pretty uneventful weekend...watched football and spent some time outside in the beautiful weather! :) Had a retirement party for our company's VP Friday afternoon at work, which carried over into Friday evening. Hung around the office drinking wine and beer, and eating amazing food! Good times! :D

Sorry about the horrible news, JBP. My thoughts go out to your family.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Good mornin' monkeys!

How's life for yall?

Today, nothing much planed except for some doctors appointments. I think I am going to build my new set of wheels today with my free time. Also, need to start packing to get back to school on Saturday, which I'm really worried about.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Saturday was a quiet day at home with the boys........ :eek: Ok - maybe it wasn't so quiet.

Sunday I got a stellar backcountry ski day in. Thigh deep snow and the sky was positively puking fresh snow. I'm pretty tired today. :)

J

JRB

Good morning. Had a good weekend. Going to lunch to discuss specifics and start date for the new job. It was rough not having a job for 8 hours and 35 minutes on Friday. I may go to NM and ski for a couple of days, since I have a week or two off, and some extra money.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco said:
Good morning. Had a good weekend. Going to lunch to discuss specifics and start date for the new job. It was rough not having a job for 8 hours and 35 minutes on Friday. I may go to NM and ski for a couple of days, since I have a week or two off, and some extra money.
Now what will you be doing?

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
loco said:
Where in NM? Taos? Rethink that. The snow is god aweful and wouldn't be worth your whole drive up there. And speaking of traveling, I'm expecting you sometime this summer so I can show you a real Texas DH trail.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
loco said:
Congratulations on the new job!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Morning all. I had a busy weekend of skate skiing. I'm totally addicted to it - probably because it is such a direct crossover with cross country riding. I went over and watched the half pipe competition too. Damn, those guys and gals get some air!!!!!!!!!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
loco said:
Congratulations loco!!! Details on the new employer?

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Hi folks!

Interesting weekend for me....... Our hot water heater decided to take a seista on Fri night, so much of Saturday was spent taking care of that situation. Took a friend of mine out that afternoon for his birthday for some beers and to watch the TarHeels/NC State b-ball game. Came home and found out that my C02 regulator for my kegerator had also decided to act up and ran out a whole tank of gas. Crap. Saturday---no place open to get a replacement. No draught beer for the weekend. Double-crap. Alternative solution: Mexican joint for cold Sol's and tostada's.

Sunday I had a bunch of folks out to my place for some riding and dirt-moving. We got several new jump lines mapped out, some new jumps built and an exit to a logride that we've been working on. I slung that maddox for 6 hours and my shoulders are really feeling it today. Our ride group is awesome---they're down for trailwork just as much as riding. Hard to find that kind of passion for digging dirt. Even had the portable TV set up out there to keep tabs on the Panthers/Giants game!!! That's living, right there!!

J

JRB

More details on the new job tomorrow. I want to know more before I spill details, but it is with some folks in the same market I am leaving, doing what I initially started doing at the old gig. I have a 30 minute commute, but I get a little more dough, and I will work with some very cool peeps. Thanks for the congratulations, all. I will spill more tomorrow. For now, tune in to the "friendly reminder" thread to see where Wumpus owned N8. hahahaha

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
hey JPB - tough news, sorry to hear it.

didn't do that much this weekend...spent friday night going through boxes of old photos, ditching the dupes and crappy ones, and saving the good ones. that was fun, going back through a lot of old baby pics and biking trips.

sat ran some errands, and later on a friend came over and we watched the pats. yesterday we did some more sledding, taking advantage of the fresh snow, and my brother and family came over w/ his 6 mo old and we did present exchange. watched some more football, and did some music library maintenance. almost done ripping and archiving my cds.

today i took off from work, as i had a stomach bug yesterday and was feeling crappy overall. got a good sleep, but now i've got a caffeine headache. the pot is on.

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Good Morning Stosh! :D

I had a pretty busy weekend. On Friday night we went to see Hostel, I could hear Orven behind me holding back fits of laughter when the guy who sold me the tickets asked me for my I.D. before he would sell me the tickets.

On Saturday sparks were flying at the Zaragoza residence. :p

Hayes brake adapter 0 Orven 1

Yesterday we went up to L.A. and went riding with a great group of people. Today it's back at work and it's going to be a busy day.

JPB...sorry to hear the bad news. My thoughts are with your family. :(

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
johnbryanpeters said:
UHG :( Sorry to hear that.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Oh wow, no more allen wrenches for Shrymp, just burn the damn thing off. lol.

I can see it now

"Can you take off my fork?"
"No, I don't have me allen keys."
"You don't have anything?"
"I normally just weld the headtube off, its quicker."

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
ThePriceSeliger said:
Oh wow, no more allen wrenches for Shrymp, just burn the damn thing off. lol.
Allen wrenches are overrated ;)

I'm under the firm belief that whoever attached the adapter to the caliper used superglue to hold the bolt in there. :p

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Shyrmp said:
I'm under the firm belief that whoever attached the adapter to the caliper used superglue to hold the bolt in there. :p
I seem to remember a couple posts in the Tech or Mechanics forum where someone was suggesting that a poster use red loctite to secure threaded parts... your part probably either belonged to the guy suggesting the red loctite, or one of the poor bastards that read the post and believed him :p