Quantcast

~~Good Monday MOrning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
HOw is everybody today?

I'm late because it's an f'ing mess outside. I'll probably be leaving early today.

I'm amazed at how people driving little toyota's fly down the highway only to be pulled out of the snow covered median moments later.

Anyway hope ya all have a great day!

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Morning stosh.

Class this morning was cancelled, so I'm home just doing some work. It's nice to not have to go out in the nasty winter weather in the morning.

Got my stem in last night, and installed that. Otherwise, nothing is new.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
morning Stosh its raining good here... and on my way in to work the roads were like a swimming pool tons of hydroplaning!!!

did you have a good B-day?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
It's ugly down here as well, but it's just a little chilly and raining - none of the white stuff, fortunately :D

Yesterday was a fun day. Football all day, and Jenn made nachos, brownies, and some absolutely delicious blackeyed pea gumbo last night - had a great kick to it. I felt so lazy - got all my food made for me, the dishes done, and beer brought to me :love:. Had locally brewed beer to go along with the meal.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Hah class cancelled, there is a foreign phrase. Its snowing here, so yeah its cold and not as fun to ride but at least it feels more normal.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I was late today b/c other people forget how to drive in the snow :idiots:

I did a 3 hours trail ride saturday, it was freakin crazy nice out for Jan in NY......trails were pretty good except a few spots were all ice (someday I'll spend the $ on studs)

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Man, I am exhausted after a fun, tiring weekend. This weekend is how every weekend should be. I'm coming to the realization that I have more fun on winter weekends than summer weekends. Not sure what's up with that.

Stuff we did this weekend:
  1. Went showshoeing for charity (more like mudshoeing)
  2. Skied all day Sunday
  3. Ate lots of good chow
  4. Drank beer and red wine
  5. Won some cool raffle prizes (EMS fleece, sunglasses, shirts, hats)
  6. Did some shopping

Got home last night and crashed. Hard. I can't for next weekend to do it all over again. :)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
last day of single parent duty...despite the snow, both kids have school, although otis' bus was ~45 minutes late and i was about ready to drive him in. trying to get some work done but the email connection to my work server is pretty slow, so i can multitask.

not much else going on.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
good morning.

weekend was ok, snow started Friday eveining so the g/f and I walked to one of our fav Mexican joints. Went to gym on Saturday then a play reading & afterparty. (by the playwright, never done that before) then worked out yesterday am and watched the games.

Days since I've ridden a bike on dirt ... too many, I've lost count.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Morning Monkeys!!!!

I had a great weekend.. i got to go on a nice long nightride. I have to buy me a nice set of lights this spring. Sat I worked in my LBS. I wound up taking my bike apart and giving it a proper cleaning...
other good news .. My wife and I put a deposit on a chocolate lab!!!! she will be born towards the end of March and able to be picked up in MAY very exciting for us

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
brungeman said:
morning Stosh its raining good here... and on my way in to work the roads were like a swimming pool tons of hydroplaning!!!

did you have a good B-day?
I had an awesome b-day!

What state do you live in?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
hooples3 said:
Morning Monkeys!!!!

I had a great weekend.. i got to go on a nice long nightride. I have to buy me a nice set of lights this spring. Sat I worked in my LBS. I wound up taking my bike apart and giving it a proper cleaning...
other good news .. My wife and I put a deposit on a chocolate lab!!!! she will be born towards the end of March and able to be picked up in MAY very exciting for us
TOO CUTE. :love:

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

Beautiful morning this morning... fresh snow, few drivers, slick roads - I love this stuff... this is what January is supposed to be like.

Had a good weekend. Renae's birthday stuff took up most of the weekend... everything went off without a hitch, and she was more than surprised and very happy with everything. So all in all it was a good weekend.

Got in one short (but intense) session on the trainer over the weekend... no real riding though.

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Good morn'. Just started snowing here. I got 2 great rides in this weekend. Sat was a little soft, but yesterday the ground firmed up nice.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
hooples3 said:
My wife and I put a deposit on a chocolate lab!!!! she will be born towards the end of March and able to be picked up in MAY very exciting for us
Are the parents show parents or hunting/field trial parents?

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
'Morning all. Nice weekend...got some dirt under my wheels, some parts installed on the 29er, got the kayak cleaned up and put on a new coat of varnish, and laid on the floor and read books to my son. His favorite seemed to be Sheep in a Jeep. :D

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
stevew said:
Are the parents show parents or hunting/field trial parents?
The dad Duke, just got his Junior Hunt title at 11 months old and will start training for Senior and Master hunt in March.

the mom Sadie, has not gone for cert , she has been used to breed. she comes from a hunting line too though
labpuppies.com Sadie & Duke

if you click the link scroll all the way down to see the litter I left a deposit for.. then you can click on each dog to see there titles

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
hooples3 said:
The dad Duke, just got his Junior Hunt title at 11 months old and will start training for Senior and Master hunt in March.

the mom Sadie, has not gone for cert , she has been used to breed. she comes from a hunting line too though
labpuppies.com Sadie & Duke

if you click the link scroll all the way down to see the litter I left a deposit for.. then you can click on each dog to see there titles
Cool. Six of the nine dogs of the Vet I worked for in CO were hunting labs.
I think all of them were out of Black Forest Kennels in CO.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good morning.

Spent a weekend just being a giant couch-potato. Got a new keg for the kegerator on Friday and rented some movies after a chow-session at the local Mexican joint. Hung out Saturday and goofed off around the house in my robe and slippers all Hugh Hefner style(well...minus all the hotties, giant mansion, and booming magazine sales and television channel). Went over to my parents house nad hung out with them for awhile. That ended up pretty fun as pops broke out the Tequilla and we started doing shooters of Don Juilo Blanco. After that was finished, he started us in on his Port wine collection and that was about the time we decided it was time to go before things turned out bad for all of us the next day!

Took my truck in for a maintainence session on Sunday(new brake pads, rotor turning, bearing re-packs, 4WD service, transmission flush and fill, etc) to the tune of just slightly over $400. Ouchie! ...Just when the savings are starting come back up, another hit to the account. But, it was a necessary thing......ya gotta keep your ride working properly, but damn.....that's never fun.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
I live in Pittsburgh PA. but have a bunch of family from Upstate NY anywhere from Buffalo over to the Binghamton area and a few in NYC.

I got to ride Sunday... about 11 miles with bunches of new logs down it was awesome!!! not as muddy as I expected it kept my mind off of the pending Steeler game.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
hooples3 said:
Morning Monkeys!!!!

YEAH!!!! Chocolate labs are absolutely adorable!!! That's what Sq-Earl and I would like someday!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Good morning! No baby yet :( Driving into school today was a mess...probably should have just called in. Oh well. I am meeting up with my sub today (if she doesn't cancel because of the weather) for lunch so that should be nice. Not really looking forward to my drive home as everyone seems to have forgotten how to drive on any snow.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Treesaw, your a Teacher too? I think I saw in a post or something you teach Music? Where do you teach?

Have you started to get any chills or anything? for some reason, the day before Bek had Emma (the one in my Avatar) she got the chills etc. we had a C-section planned for Monday morning (footling breech sp?) but at 3:20 in the AM on Sunday her water broke... and off to the Hospital we went!!!

I hope all is well with you... have a safe trip home!!!

Dave

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Yo. Not at work today. I start my new job on wednesday so Im a bum for a little bit. I'm pretty excited about it.

I went to the indoor BMX track on saturday and raced in the mountain bike class - jeebus its tiring - its such a totally different fitness that you need. I almost puked...then I almost passed out. :thumb: good stuff. Ill be going back this saturday!

splat

Nam I am
did close 2 6 hours of riding on Saturday . was awesome weather , almost spring like, then today! it sucks out there !! took mean our to get my Daughter to school. then another 45 min to get to the office.

advice: NEVER drink a big glass of OJ just before getting in the car for 1:45 !!!

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Good Afternoon Stosh! :D

I was finally starting to feel better this weekend, so I took the opportunity to get outside and play on the bike and with the new camera.

Other than that not much going on. Have a good day everyone! :)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
brungeman said:
Treesaw, your a Teacher too? I think I saw in a post or something you teach Music? Where do you teach?

Have you started to get any chills or anything? for some reason, the day before Bek had Emma (the one in my Avatar) she got the chills etc. we had a C-section planned for Monday morning (footling breech sp?) but at 3:20 in the AM on Sunday her water broke... and off to the Hospital we went!!!

I hope all is well with you... have a safe trip home!!!

Dave
I am a music teacher...Elementary and Middle School Band in the Schenectady City School District. I haven't gotten the chills yet...my classroom is REALLY warm though.

My trip home was quite uneventful...most of the roads are cleaner than they were this AM so it wasn't bad. Now I am off to hit the stationary bike for a little spin.