Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I had a nice fairly mellow weekend. Nothing of great importance to report!

Hope ya all have a great day!

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Good morning! Pretty lazy weekend, but enjoyed the gorgeous weather on Saturday. Went out and sat in the hot tub, and lounged by the pool for a bit...and accidentally got a tan! Who wouldv'e thought I could get a tan in January. :D

Short rant: I still hate the man upstairs. It's been 3, almost 4 weeks, since they said they were moving him out. He's ruined our lives for 7 months now, and made it impossible to sleep, so I think it is uncalled for that they aren't moving any faster with the inconsiderate a--hole. All he does is sit around all weekend, so I am not quite sure why he can't move his stuff out then...:mumble: :angry:

And to end on a positive note with that, I hope you all have a great Monday!

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Morning Monkeys!!!

I had an interesting weekend... a friend brought me back to ringwood to a whole section of trails i have never -ever seen before. pretty steep/techinical stuff, we did shuttle runs all day long. a lot of the stuff was above my ability level but some areas were perfect... we would ride some sections over and over again, as the day went on and i became more and more comfortable <and tired> i took a nice header that totally rang my bell.. the next 25 minutes are a little blurry but i walked down the rest of the mountain, wobbly, to the car.. after a few hours, and a trip to the ER, just to be safe.. i felt a lot better but was pretty damn sore.. I knew i should have quit while I was ahead..
then sunday my toliet began to leak.. i could tell from the walls downstairs.. i had to rip it out, replace the Johnny ring/bolts etc.. and replaster the toilet.. fun fun fun. especially when you have a headache the size of china...
the good news of the weekend was I finally got my furniture and it is NICE!!!!. thats about it for now
have a great day!!!

Stosh how did u make out at IKEA?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. I gauge whether my weekend was good based on how tired I am when I come into work Monday. I am frikkin exhausted right now. :) 'Twas a great weekend of skiing and we partied with Mt Snow locals Saturday night.

Saturday I bought a new pair of Mountain Hardware ski pants for $95 (msrp $160). Frikkin SCORE. :thumb:

May 12, 2005
roanoke va
morning all
i killed my right knee on a ride yesterday and i still can't put but 1/2-1/4 of my weight on it,(even though i rode off the mtn after the crash...?) so i got a cane for today. i know if i find a wheelchair, i'll hurt my self even more. hmmm.... extreme all mtn wheelchairing...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
Morning Monkeys!!!

I had an interesting weekend... a friend brought me back to ringwood to a whole section of trails i have never -ever seen before. pretty steep/techinical stuff, we did shuttle runs all day long. a lot of the stuff was above my ability level but some areas were perfect... we would ride some sections over and over again, as the day went on and i became more and more comfortable <and tired> i took a nice header that totally rang my bell.. the next 25 minutes are a little blurry but i walked down the rest of the mountain, wobbly, to the car.. after a few hours, and a trip to the ER, just to be safe.. i felt a lot better but was pretty damn sore.. I knew i should have quit while I was ahead..
then sunday my toliet began to leak.. i could tell from the walls downstairs.. i had to rip it out, replace the Johnny ring/bolts etc.. and replaster the toilet.. fun fun fun. especially when you have a headache the size of china...
the good news of the weekend was I finally got my furniture and it is NICE!!!!. thats about it for now
have a great day!!!

Stosh how did u make out at IKEA?
That place is great if you can get there before 11am. We did well picking up the bed for a friend. Then I stopped at the bike shop on the way home. :)
PS. IKEA 99cent breakfast rocks!!!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Great weekend, summer like warmth. Got a nice long ride in on Saturday. Unfortunately on Friday I screwed up my Superlight riding after work. A stick got jammed into the wheel mangling my wheel, derailleur and derailleur hanger. The Derailleur was brand new and the hanger is non-replaceable.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Morning Stosh, and all of you Monkeys!

Wedding Friday was kinda lame... the bride had a page and a half list of songs she didn't want played, and threatened the DJ that if he played them she wouldn't pay!!!

Sat. was beautiful out, so I washed my Pig of a bike, and made a couple of side dishes for the PORC party Sat. night... where we watched a couple great riding videos, and saw pics of local rides that members had taken.

Sunday was a wash because of the rain and wind... I don't mind going riding in some spitting rain/drizzle, but this stuff came in horizontal at times! so no riding:mad:

I woke up today with an ULCER in my EYE so I have to cut out early to get to the eye doctor. MAN DOES THIS HURT!!! i had them before so I know that is what it is!!! It just sucks!!!:mumble:
Hope all is well with the Monkeys today!!!

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Hey Stosh, Whatched alot of CSI, slept alot. Still recovering, and a little school work here and there. Going on a "break" on wednesday for about a week in Acton, Mass. Should be a good time with some friends.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Westy said:
Great weekend, summer like warmth. Got a nice long ride in on Saturday. Unfortunately on Friday I screwed up my Superlight riding after work. A stick got jammed into the wheel mangling my wheel, derailleur and derailleur hanger. The Derailleur was brand new and the hanger is non-replaceable.
yikes.. so is the frame shot?? or can you bend it back???
that one thing I hated about the first hecklers... the didnt have replaceable hangers.. but they were so beefy you could just bend them right back

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
ThePriceSeliger said:
Hey Stosh, Whatched alot of CSI, slept alot. Still recovering, and a little school work here and there. Going on a "break" on wednesday for about a week in Acton, Mass. Should be a good time with some friends.
My house is literally 300 feet from Acton in Westford. What exactly are you going there for?

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Damn Westy, that sucks! New swingarm time?

I did a day trip to Ray's yesterday. Managed to get out of there without breaking any bones. 5 hours of sprint riding on stunts has given me some interesting sore muscles today though :think:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
hooples3 said:
yikes.. so is the frame shot?? or can you bend it back???
that one thing I hated about the first hecklers... the didnt have replaceable hangers.. but they were so beefy you could just bend them right back
It is a Superlight so it has the same type hanger as the Heckler. Not replaceable but beefy as hell. I should be able to bend it back.

I think this is the last straw with this frame though. It's done a great job for a long time but I think it is time for a new bike.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
brungeman said:
Morning Stosh, and all of you Monkeys!

Wedding Friday was kinda lame... the bride had a page and a half list of songs she didn't want played, and threatened the DJ that if he played them she wouldn't pay!!!

Sat. was beautiful out, so I washed my Pig of a bike, and made a couple of side dishes for the PORC party Sat. night... where we watched a couple great riding videos, and saw pics of local rides that members had taken.

Sunday was a wash because of the rain and wind... I don't mind going riding in some spitting rain/drizzle, but this stuff came in horizontal at times! so no riding:mad:

I woke up today with an ULCER in my EYE so I have to cut out early to get to the eye doctor. MAN DOES THIS HURT!!! i had them before so I know that is what it is!!! It just sucks!!!:mumble:
Hope all is well with the Monkeys today!!!
F'ing brides can be crazy!!

splat

Nam I am
Morning !!!

did a great ride on Saturday Down at Otis airforce base.

yesterday got up early and Went Balloning , chased half the time , then they landed on a golf course, Peter and I jumped in and we went for a float . Landed in the parking lot of an Ice arena .

Later in the after noon I did a 29 Mile road ride .

Westy: goinbg to replace the whole bike or just the frame ?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
It is a Superlight so it has the same type hanger as the Heckler. Not replaceable but beefy as hell. I should be able to bend it back.

I think this is the last straw with this frame though. It's done a great job for a long time but I think it is time for a new bike.
Just in time for SPRING!!!

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good morning.

It was.....well, a weekend. That's just about it. Some friends and I started a new trail at a local spot on Sat. Mostly really techinical skinnies that are just a foot or two above ground but are next to impossible to clean everytime. All built out of cedar we hand-split on site and really, really narrow. Spent Sunday working on stuff around the house that I've neglected because I've been spending too much time in the woods throwing dirt around. As antimony had mentioned a few posts above, the weather here in NC continues its staggering display of spring-like conditions well into the teeth of Winter. My snowboard sits another winter out in the corner gathering cobwebs and dustbunnies. Maybe next year, my friend.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
.....Annnnd we'll just file that one away in the Thank-God-Aubrey-doesn't-look-at-this-website-for-Stosh's-posts file. :p
Actually she just wanted a small backyard wedding with hot dogs and hamburgers.
We ended up opting for a hall because it will be less work for us, may end up being less money and with elderly family members and our wedding being at the end of July it's probably best to have it indoors.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
stosh said:
F'ing brides can be crazy!!

You said it. The wedding is why my first fiance and I didn't get married....

Morning all,

Turned in my notice today. My manager will be here at about 9am Arizona time....Meltdown anticipated.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Yep brides can be crazy... the whole afternoon we rode around in a limo to take photos at different locations, and if you dont know the Steelers are going to the super bowl, and the whole city of Pittsburgh is going CRAZY!!! there was a pep rally at the stadium and the place that the wedding was at overlooked the stadium... somebody would make a comment like "wow that looks like fun" and then I cant tell you how many times she said in reply...
"How is this about the STEELERS this is MY DAY!!!"

However... I could get used to riding around in a limo drinkin top shelf liquor at 1:45 in the afternoon

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
stosh said:
Actually she just wanted a small backyard wedding with hot dogs and hamburgers.
We ended up opting for a hall because it will be less work for us, may end up being less money and with elderly family members and our wedding being at the end of July it's probably best to have it indoors.
.....is she still getting the hotdog?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
brungeman said:
Yep brides can be crazy... the whole afternoon we rode around in a limo to take photos at different locations, and if you dont know the Steelers are going to the super bowl, and the whole city of Pittsburgh is going CRAZY!!! there was a pep rally at the stadium and the place that the wedding was at overlooked the stadium... somebody would make a comment like "wow that looks like fun" and then I cant tell you how many times she said in reply...
"How is this about the STEELERS this is MY DAY!!!"

However... I could get used to riding around in a limo drinkin top shelf liquor at 1:45 in the afternoon
Well aside from the bride that does sound fun.

J

JRB

ThePriceSeliger said:
Oh, guess what Loco, I might be moving to Auston for school next year, or late this year. We shal ride.
That would be bad ass, Price. We will ride a lot.