Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I didn't do to much this weekend. I went to see my grandma in NJ for the weekend. It was good to see her!
Other than that made some boneless buffalo wings last night and watched about 10min of the supper bowl before I got bored and switched to The Simpsons.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning stosh.

Definitely feeling the beer this morning. Had a nice Super Bowl, watched all of it and had a ton to eat. Jenn made gumbo, mini-sandwiches, salsa con queso and topped it all off with a Superbowl decorated cake :love:. Plus beer, of course! Microbrews from a local brewery.

Got enough gumbo to last for a couple weeks, too... I could eat this stuff for breakfast, lunch and dinner. :drool:

...going to need a lot of coffee this morning.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
good morning Monkeys!!!

good weekend... had a great friday night with happy hour and all... sat morning did some hiking in NJ before the weather got rough, sunday got some riding in at bethpage for a few hours. it went by way too quickly. Last night was a late night due to a superbowl party.. good friends, food and spirits makes me want to never go home.. I am paying for it this morning though...

Have a great day

splat

Nam I am
Morning!

Got to work this morning and Relized I forgot my Laptop , sitting at home . oh well, thank good ness I can at least surf the Monkey on my Solaris Box , actually there isn't much I can't do on my Sun box , that I need to do for my Job

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good morning.......

Kind of a wet and windy weekend.....didn't do a whole lot. Had some fabulous sushi on Sat. night and hung out with my family last night while watching the game. Justine and I had some killer numbers on the local betting pools, but none of them panned-out, so no go on the extra dough. :nopity:

Hope y'all have a good day!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Puppy Bowl II on Animal Planet was far more entertaining than the Super Bowl.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
we learned its good to flirt w/the waitress: 8 beers, 1 soda, 1 huge buritto, 2 huge taco's, gravy fries, cheese fries, sweat potatoe fries, and the best view of the pasma screen: $21 :thumb:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
douglas said:
we learned its good to flirt w/the waitress: 8 beers, 1 soda, 1 huge buritto, 2 huge taco's, gravy fries, cheese fries, sweat potatoe fries, and the best view of the pasma screen: $21 :thumb:
But the big question is - did you get said waitress' number??

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Morning Stosh and all you :monkey:
Awesome weekend, Friday got something to eat, and went driving around the city with Bek and Emma listening to a great local band on the radio, and following a group of cop cars in hot pursuit of something never did figure out what but was fun none the less.
Sat. Put a new chain on the bike.
Sunday went on an awesome and cold ride (started at 29 and ended at 27 degrees) with Manhattenprjkt and some other cool riders. got cleaned up and went to a friends for the 1st half of the Super Bowl back home for the second and for all the debauchery that ensued afterwards!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
brungeman said:
Morning Stosh and all you :monkey:
Awesome weekend, Friday got something to eat, and went driving around the city with Bek and Emma listening to a great local band on the radio, and following a group of cop cars in hot pursuit of something never did figure out what but was fun none the less.
Sat. Put a new chain on the bike.
Sunday went on an awesome and cold ride (started at 29 and ended at 27 degrees) with Manhattenprjkt and some other cool riders. got cleaned up and went to a friends for the 1st half of the Super Bowl back home for the second and for all the debauchery that ensued afterwards!!!
Awesome man!

Do you guys ever ride out by Penn State? I know it's a hike for you but I was just curious. I'll be out there from time to time this summer.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
doug, i think i would pass on the sweat potato fries. :help:

decent enough weekend. did a 5 mile run sat which my legs are still sore from, finally hung the bathroom mirror, so that room is now officially complete, and cleaned up around the house. oh, fished a dead squirrel out of the attic too. :dead:

good feed last night; made a slew of ribs (the 13 spice mixture was dead on; i need to remember what i put in it), and my friend greg came over w/ a huge pot of red beans and rice w/ kielbasa. ate and drank too much and i feel like a slug today.

J

JRB

Good morning. I had my first good big ride on the Reign yesterday. I was'nt a 100% sure that the 20" frame would work, and hadn't changed stems around on it before I test rode the 20" and it felt huge, because of the stem and Easton off set post. It turns out that I may need about an 85mm stem, but other than that, it seems perfect. The suspension kills bumps, but doesn't feel dead at all, like some do to me. I will get some good pics up in a day or two. It's 34.5 lbs, but it climbs better than most bikes I have ridden, especially in rough stuff. I think I am going to dig it a lot. No super bowl for me. I installed Aztec Power Lines on a friends road bike. I would say, save your money. He has FSA Wing Carbon, or something like that. The way the housing makes the turns inside, it seems to kink and drag. That's a pisser for $75 worth of cables. It is also a pain, with all of the little pieces that can fall out. :mumble: I cable a complete bike in 20 - 30 minutes usually. This one took over 2 hours for the front.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Morning all. I was tossing and turning till about 7 this morning then got about 2 and a half solid hours of sleep in. Time to shower and get to class, this should suck pretty bad.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh

No real excitement to report on. On vacation in FL with the family - Sean is asleep, so I'm about to do some work on the downtime. Both kids are sick, and the weather is about to turn crappy, so it's not much of a vacation.

I miss my trainer.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh

No real excitement to report on. On vacation in FL with the family - Sean is asleep, so I'm about to do some work on the downtime. Both kids are sick, and the weather is about to turn crappy, so it's not much of a vacation.

I miss my trainer.
I'm sorry to hear your vacation sucks!

You staying with family?

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
I went snowboarding in Snowshoe on Friday and Saturday.
It was the first time I have been since my board got stolen 4 years ago. We did a cannonball run trip, and it was really fun but extremely tiring. I felt like a got hit by a truck Sunday morning. So, I chilled all day and kept it mellow with the Super Bowl.
Next year, I am heading to up BV's though for some gumbo and cake.:drool:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Awesome man!

Do you guys ever ride out by Penn State? I know it's a hike for you but I was just curious. I'll be out there from time to time this summer.
I haven't ridden out there in years... but the area has some great rides in it... it is only about 2.5-3 hrs away so that isn't that far!!! we have driven farther for less!!! if I can break Mannhattan away from his job and women long enough we should road trip over an we could meet up for some rides...

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Yo. I'm tired like ass today. I didn't sleep at all on Saturday night and didn't get caught up last night. Tonight's a write off.

The bmx track kicked ass on Saturday - I finally got the gate all figured, but my timing still sucks. I also didn't feel like puking my guts out after. :thumb: I need to pick up some hookworm/XXX tires to make me faster!

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh

I miss my trainer.

Sounds like a good time to take up running.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
brungeman said:
I haven't ridden out there in years... but the area has some great rides in it... it is only about 2.5-3 hrs away so that isn't that far!!! we have driven farther for less!!! if I can break Mannhattan away from his job and women long enough we should road trip over an we could meet up for some rides...
Ok cool, my Cousin and her Husband live out there. I know I'll be out there for a long weekend this summer.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
what are your plans while your down there?
Plans had been to do nothing but sit on the beach. But with bad weather supposedly rolling in over night tonight, that will have to change. There's an aquarium near by which I'd love to check out... a bit of shopping, no doubt... that kind of thing.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Spent the majority of my weekend doing homework.

Our Electrical Engineering professor handed back quizzes today. I got a 33 (out of 100). Class average was a 30 with a high of 66 and a low of 4. I hate Electrical Engineering.

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Good Morning Stosh! :D

Saturdaymorning we headed out to a local trail to ride and explore some possible new trails

Saturday night we headed over to Balboa Park and had a nice relaxing walk. I tried to get some shots, but there was a thick coastal fog that kept getting in the way...but I managed to salvage a few pics.

Yesterday I was pretty lazy, did some light cleaning around the house, grilled some squid and beef ribs, and then sat down and watched the Superbowl.

Well guess it's time for some coffee and I should probably get started on my work day. Have a good day everyone! :)

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Poll while I drink down some Java...Today should I:

A. Hike Teton Pass/ snowboard
B. Get out on *skis* at Targhee (I suck on two planks)
C. Skate Ski
D. Cross country ski
E. stay home and furiously yank

2 out of three might be possible.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I don't *have* to work this winter for a variety of reasons...wanna come on the May Peru trip?

Oh, hey, I went down to Snowbird and ripped around with Bartman Saturday. Good times...he is a straight-up east Texas redneck, fo-sho. It was fun SCHOOLING him on the snow...

J

JRB

rideit said:
I don't *have* to work this winter for a variety of reasons...wanna come on the May Peru trip?

Oh, hey, I went down to Snowbird and ripped around with Bartman Saturday. Good times...he is a straight-up east Texas redneck, fo-sho. It was fun SCHOOLING him on the snow...
hahaha - I can imagine. Even when you can't school him, he's easy to insult. :D