Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

Who's shoveling out today? I'm not, we only got about 4".
Got my board all packed up and I'm hoping to hit the slopes tonight.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
We have snow today, and the ground is nice and frozen. What a perfect day for a ride on my new bike.

...oh wait, I have class all day. ****!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

We got nothing :( ... barely even a dusting.

Oh, yea... back from vacation, which turned out to be pretty much a waste of a whole ton of money. We got to Floriday Saturday afternoon, spent Saturday night in the ER with Emma (turns out she had Croup). Then Sean got sick (which means he hasn't slept for more than an hour at a stretch in a week), then Renae and I got sick. I spent the vast majority of the time inside either working or surfing the 'net while the kids napped. Renae and Emma got some time on the beach, which is good, I guess.

So now I'm back to work... still fighting some kind of a cold (was in my chest, now seems to be moving to my head). Both kids have doctor's appointments this morning, and Renae will probably get looked at while she's there too. Hopefully we can get a handle on this so I can start sleeping again.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. MBC and I just got back from Mt Snow. We decided to relax there last night instead of braving the storm. We came home to 15"of snow to clear out. I decided to call in sick today because I can. :)

Awesome day of skiing yesterday, but holy crap was it cold. :dead: We had to break after every three runs to warm up.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jackson

Hey man I'm sorry to hear your vacations sucked!

You see my RIP xterra thread?
I'm tossing the idea around of picking up a 4runner? THe 05's are sweet!!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I went to the Easyriders show Saturday with my brother. 16.00 dollars and 20 minutes later, we were done. It was like being stuck in an episode of Orange County Choppers. Oddly enough my favorite bike there was made by Brew.

99% of the bikes were visually disturbing.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Sorry your vacation sucked, jackson :(

We got snow this weekend. About six flakes. Maybe seven. Ten minutes later, it was back to being sunny and it's supposed to get back to almost 70 again this week :D

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
11 inches here in Worcester. Good thing the plow crews have been working all through yesterday to clear things so we wouldn't have to miss classes.

As usual I have work, class, and homework to do today and it is a fairly heavy load, to be expect. Luckily though we have Thursday off for academic advising. Get to pick my IQP project then...anyone have any foreign countries that they highly recommend visiting?

Went for a nice ride on Saturday. It was good to get out and see how kick ass some of the riders around here are. Too bad I don't have pictures, both Justin and Mark boosted the big drop that was recently finished in Nam.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
stevew said:
I went to the Easyriders show Saturday with my brother. 16.00 dollars and 20 minutes later, we were done. It was like being stuck in an episode of Orange County Choppers. Oddly enough my favorite bike there was made by Brew.

99% of the bikes were visually disturbing.
I saw OCC has a perfume for men out now.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
good morning Monkeys

I did a ton of shoveling yesterday , my house, my moms, my gramps all twice.. rumor has it we got hit with 22". it doesnt seem that bad. at least i didnt have to shovel out my car... but i did have to put it in 4wheel low.
I am actually looking forward to taking my single speed out later for some fun!!
Today is a floating holiday for me.. if I come to work <which I did> i can take off any other day in the next year and get paid for it. or i could have just taken today off. Since schools are open and my wife had to go to work i came in, i'd rather take off a 85 deg sunny day!!
Stosh.. how are you feeling?? any better??? any more aches???

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
You see my RIP xterra thread?
I'm tossing the idea around of picking up a 4runner? THe 05's are sweet!!
Yea, I just saw that... holy crap dude. Glad everyone is OK, but that's sucks about your truck - I know how much you liked it.

The 05s are nice, Renae has one and is really happy with it. You can probably get them for a song right now if you can find them on the lots.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
good morning Monkeys

I did a ton of shoveling yesterday , my house, my moms, my gramps all twice.. rumor has it we got hit with 22". it doesnt seem that bad. at least i didnt have to shovel out my car... but i did have to put it in 4wheel low.
I am actually looking forward to taking my single speed out later for some fun!!
Today is a floating holiday for me.. if I come to work <which I did> i can take off any other day in the next year and get paid for it. or i could have just taken today off. Since schools are open and my wife had to go to work i came in, i'd rather take off a 85 deg sunny day!!
Stosh.. how are you feeling?? any better??? any more aches???
I'm feeling fine! I just took it real easy this weekend.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Yea, I just saw that... holy crap dude. Glad everyone is OK, but that's sucks about your truck - I know how much you liked it.

The 05s are nice, Renae has one and is really happy with it. You can probably get them for a song right now if you can find them on the lots.
There is one for sale at my local dealers. The only reason I'm looking at them is because we built the local dealership and I know the owners of the dealership pretty well. I'm hoping they can give me a good deal on, otherwise I'll probably just stick with an Xterra. The 05/06 xterra's are awesome, they have more HP and get the same MPG as the 05 4runners.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Morning Stosh, and all you monkeys out there!!!

we were missed by most of the storm only about an inch overall!!! man and I had the plow on my Quad ready to play around and everything... when snow falls it is about the only time you can ride on the streets without getting screamed at by the cops...

I always plow the intersection infront of my house... it seams that people like to wreck into my cars, and I want to make sure that the roads arent the reason... :rolleyes:

Have a great day guys...

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Polandspring88 said:
Luckily though we have Thursday off for academic advising. Get to pick my IQP project then...anyone have any foreign countries that they highly recommend visiting?
what are your interests? is foreign language fluency a factor? i would definitely consider the following:

spain
italy
sweden
denmark
switzerland

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Morning everyone! Pretty uneventful weekend. Went out Friday for some drinks with the guys from work, and bought some wicked fun curtains and lamp for the bedroom on Saturday, so that looks all spiffy now! :D Had some chinese food on Saturday night, and cooked collard greens on Sunday. Overall it was a pretty lazy and yummy weekend! Have a good Monday, everyone!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
kinda low key weekend. highlights:

- did a solo spin class (ie, after hours w/ no one else in the room) and managed to keep my heart rate up to 160 average for 60min w/o being crushed by boredom.

- watched _Grizzly Man_ sat night...awesome movie. highly rated.

- found out that the bastard squirrels pulled the wire screen away and are back in the attic. :mad:

- got clobbered by snow yesterday and had to shovel twice. probably got about 16" or so, i am guessing.

- miles got sick late yesterday and threw up a bunch of times, poor guy. he's out from school today, but is better. must have been that 24 hr stomach bug that my wife had last week.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Polandspring88 said:
11 inches here in Worcester. Good thing the plow crews have been working all through yesterday to clear things so we wouldn't have to miss classes.

As usual I have work, class, and homework to do today and it is a fairly heavy load, to be expect. Luckily though we have Thursday off for academic advising. Get to pick my IQP project then...anyone have any foreign countries that they highly recommend visiting?

Went for a nice ride on Saturday. It was good to get out and see how kick ass some of the riders around here are. Too bad I don't have pictures, both Justin and Mark boosted the big drop that was recently finished in Nam.
Bermuda, Roatan (honduras), Caymans, Belize, Palau (micronesia)...

Of course I'm biased by warm water and scuba tanks.

Morning monkeys. Great weekend here with Beth and our friend. Beth just left to get home (thruway looked like sheeite yesterday all day on the NYDOT website) and I just finished doing some work.

Not much planned for the week, just a bunch of exams and that's about it.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!

Woah! ...Sorry to hear about you guys up North who got the bad end of the lollipop on that storm. That sucks to have to deal with that crap for months at a time. This is how we deal with winter here in central NC----> Mid 60's and lots of riding....

Keegan no-hander:

SubOptimus Prime with the point.

Dogboy tweaking...

Yours truly with a bowlegged table and my dog in hot pursuit....

J

JRB

Good morning. No snow here, but it's frikkin' cold enough to snow. :mad: Had a great ride with Wumpus yesterday, and even took some pics. If I am less lazy today than I was yesterday, I will sign up for imageshack or something tonight and post them. I also got me an 06 Z1 Light from a dude in Austin (thanks Dan) for $470. I had a few rides on it, but Dan is clearing some bikes out for a bit. It is really nice. It's just what I wanted to do with my Z150 SL, but is already done with compression damping as well. Now I am going to sell the Z150 SL or the Z1 FR SL, probably the Z1, since I likely won't get the $300 for the Z150 that I think I need. That was a lot, but it's what I had. No snow, no sick, no crappy vacations, and no car wrecks. Just a cool new fork and a great ride.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
loco said:
Good morning. No snow here, but it's frikkin' cold enough to snow. :mad: Had a great ride with Wumpus yesterday, and even took some pics. If I am less lazy today than I was yesterday, I will sign up for imageshack or something tonight and post them. I also got me an 06 Z1 Light from a dude in Austin (thanks Dan) for $470. I had a few rides on it, but Dan is clearing some bikes out for a bit. It is really nice. It's just what I wanted to do with my Z150 SL, but is already done with compression damping as well. Now I am going to sell the Z150 SL or the Z1 FR SL, probably the Z1, since I likely won't get the $300 for the Z150 that I think I need. That was a lot, but it's what I had. No snow, no sick, no crappy vacations, and no car wrecks. Just a cool new fork and a great ride.
You need a pike for it.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
loco said:
For the Z150??? I would consider that. I thought I had mentioned that before.
A z150 is what I have been looking for. I just wanting something a little meatier than what i have. The pike is great, im just afraid Im going to explode it at windrock.

J

JRB

BurlyShirley said:
A z150 is what I have been looking for. I just wanting something a little meatier than what i have. The pike is great, im just afraid Im going to explode it at windrock.
Mine is air though. It won't explode, but I didn't think it is as plush as it could be. I changed the oil twice, and it has finally broken in, but I was still going to put a coil in one side. It won't explode, but I don't think the pike will either. That said, it's taller than the pike, which would be nice on the bullit. I would put it on the haro for an urban fork.

How long is the steerer?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - we got over 2 feet of snow here in Burlington.

Went to a fun Black Tie Valentine's Day Ball on Saturday Night. New Marriot in downtown Hartford - really nice hotel, good food, free drinks and good music.

Yesterday - just chilled, and watched a lot of women's olympic hockey. Also did some shoveling. ugh.

Gotta return my tux later tonight and I'm going to try and manage to get some real work done too.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
G'morning all. We got 7" of heavy, wet snow here. It didn't stay cold for long and everything was starting to melt by 11:00. :( Boredom set in so I built a fort for the dog. He was doing pretty well catching a majority of the snowballs I threw at him.

I also found that, when put on the ground in the snow, babies have no idea how to make a snow angel.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
loco said:
Mine is air though. It won't explode, but I didn't think it is as plush as it could be. I changed the oil twice, and it has finally broken in, but I was still going to put a coil in one side. It won't explode, but I don't think the pike will either. That said, it's taller than the pike, which would be nice on the bullit. I would put it on the haro for an urban fork.

How long is the steerer?
Steerer is 8 inches.
Dont disgrace the Z1 by putting it on a haro.

I dont find the bullit too steep with the pike, but im sure the z1 wouldnt hurt.

J

JRB

BikeGeek said:
G'morning all. We got 7" of heavy, wet snow here. It didn't stay cold for long and everything was starting to melt by 11:00. :( Boredom set in so I built a fort for the dog. He was doing pretty well catching a majority of the snowballs I threw at him.

I also found that, when put on the ground in the snow, babies have no idea how to make a snow angel.

I refuse to be referred to as the "village idiot" after this post. :think:

J

JRB

BurlyShirley said:
Steerer is 8 inches.
Dont disgrace the Z1 by putting it on a haro.

I dont find the bullit too steep with the pike, but im sure the z1 wouldnt hurt.
Bah - the haro is a fine jump off of little crap bike. I actually got on quite well as a trail bike, but I wanted something fancy, so I got the Reign. I don't know if 8" is long enough. I think it is, but it'll be close. I'll measure it tonight, if you are interested in the air fork.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
loco said:
Bah - the haro is a fine jump off of little crap bike. I actually got on quite well as a trail bike, but I wanted something fancy, so I got the Reign. I don't know if 8" is long enough. I think it is, but it'll be close. I'll measure it tonight, if you are interested in the air fork.
Yeah, let me know for sure.

What the HT length on your bike? It fits my bullit w/ a CK headset no problem.

J

JRB

BurlyShirley said:
Yeah, let me know for sure.

What the HT length on your bike? It fits my bullit w/ a CK headset no problem.
Is your Haro a medium? That is what I will put it on. The Z150 SL has 8 1/2" on it.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
loco said:
Is your Haro a medium? That is what I will put it on. The Z150 SL has 8 1/2" on it.
yeah, the Haro was a med. and it fit on there w/ room to spare. It will fit easily then.