Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
loco said:
Don't tell me you built it for the baby. :D
LOL! My wife picked up some block makers for my nephews and wanted to see how well they worked. It's been a while since either of us had played in the snow and, well, before we knew it, we had a minature fort on the deck. :)

J

JRB

BikeGeek said:
LOL! My wife picked up some block makers for my nephews and wanted to see how well they worked. It's been a while since either of us had played in the snow and, well, before we knew it, we had a minature fort on the deck. :)
I'd be lying if I told you I wouldn't play if it snowed here. I would play snow balls with the dog too.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
loco said:
It's this fork, without the fender, of course.

Alright, well,

...let me think about it, and do some more research on air forks and the like. The way my bike is set up right now, either fork would work great, but I do like the beefitude of marz. Ill PM you if I decide to go through with it.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Yo. Did some trail work on Saturday and rode one run down the mountain. The conditions were amazing - it was ~57F, but the ground was a little bit frozen so it was super fast. The new fork kicked ass! About halfway down the run I tailwhipped into a tree and took a good tumble that resulted in sideways humping another bigger tree and denting the rear triangle on the F1. :( We drank a bunch of beer in the process too so that was good. :D

The woman's b-day is on the 15th so I got her a nice sleeping bag and a gift card to the bike shop yesterday. I also did a bit of ring shopping. :love: :cool: Other than that my leg was pretty sore yesterday as it took the brunt of the impact so I didn't do a whole lot...its still sore as hell, but well worth it!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I have a bruise on my left shin from someone's head hitting me in the mosh pit during Friday nights Supersucker concert. :)

Saturday I tested the new Yeti out (see separate thread). Sunday I went skate skiing, and then water running and swimming. FULL, FULL weekend.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good morning! Things are going well here with the new baby. She was up a lot this weekend with family visiting (celebrating Sq-Earl's Birthday) so last night was interesting, but she's a good baby for the most part so we're definitely lucky. I have been posting some new pics here http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136446&page=9(if anyone is interested)
We have SO many pics of her already...it's amazing. She really does make some interesting faces too :D My favorite so far:

Today I am going to teach a couple of private lessons afterschool so we'll see how she does with those. My students (and their parents) are SO eager to meet her that I couldn't say no. I still feel great so I am hoping to do a light workout too, but we'll see.

Jackson - sorry to hear your trip wasn't what you had planned for. Hope you all are resting and feeling better.

J

JRB

the Inbred said:
so when do you start shopping for a bike? (for the babe, i mean)
Caroline's first tricycle is being ordered today. No idea what it is, other than pink, with a 10" wheel.

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
TreeSaw said:
We have SO many pics of her already...
Hey, get used to that!
My Sony camera names the pictures sequentially, so we always know how many shots I've taken.
My daughter is 16 months old and we're about to break 10,000 pictures.....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Mackie said:
Hey, get used to that!
My Sony camera names the pictures sequentially, so we always know how many shots I've taken.
My daughter is 16 months old and we're about to break 10,000 pictures.....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
She's a cutie!!! I have already taken about 150 :p and I haven't even busted out the camera today!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
BikeGeek said:
G'morning all. We got 7" of heavy, wet snow here. It didn't stay cold for long and everything was starting to melt by 11:00. :( Boredom set in so I built a fort for the dog. He was doing pretty well catching a majority of the snowballs I threw at him.

I also found that, when put on the ground in the snow, babies have no idea how to make a snow angel.

Damn that is funny.