Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I had a fairly mellow weekend. I did get out to see a band Aubrey and I really like so that was cool. Other than that no much else to report.

Hope ya all have a great day!@

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning!! MBC and I went skiing yesterday. Holy frikkin cold. :dead: 5 degrees plus wind. Mt Snow was friggin mobbed. We skied half a day then packed in it. Ahhh, the beauty of a season pass. :)

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Morning! Med school interview went really well on Friday. Not that it means much, but one of the doctors said she really liked me, so that was nice! Not too much this weekend. Bought some cute nesting cube tables, and went out Saturday with some friends from work. Looking forward to some fabulous weather this week... about 80 on Thursday! :weee: Have a good one!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
Good morning!! MBC and I went skiing yesterday. Holy frikkin cold. :dead: 5 degrees plus wind. Mt Snow was friggin mobbed. We skied half a day then packed in it. Ahhh, the beauty of a season pass. :)
I'm kicking myself for not purchasing a season pass this year.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
stosh said:
I did get out to see a band Aubrey and I really like so that was cool.
And the name of the band was................?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
antimony said:
Morning! Med school interview went really well on Friday. Not that it means much, but one of the doctors said she really liked me, so that was nice! Not too much this weekend. Bought some cute nesting cube tables, and went out Saturday with some friends from work. Looking forward to some fabulous weather this week... about 80 on Thursday! :weee: Have a good one!
OH oh oh, I hope it warms up for Thursday.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
stosh said:
I'm kicking myself for not purchasing a season pass this year.
I think we paid something like $450. We were getting hooked up with $35 lift tickets (half price), but those were in limited family quantity and we had to scrape to get them. I figured we had to ski 13 times this year to make each day cost $35. Yesterday put us at 12. But, you have to figure we also skied Killington once (the pass is good there) and we would not have gotten discount tickets there, so IMO we have officially gotten ours money's worth out of the season passes. :D

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I rode Friday night and Saturday and had a full day's worth of homework to do yesterday...which sucked because it was pretty nice out. If all works out, Ill be able to ride this afternoon and do another ngiht ride tomorrow night.
Im getting all, in shape, or something before I go to colorado/moab

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
I think we paid something like $450. We were getting hooked up with $35 lift tickets (half price), but those were in limited family quantity and we had to scrape to get them. I figured we had to ski 13 times this year to make each day cost $35. Yesterday put us at 12. But, you have to figure we also skied Killington once (the pass is good there) and we would not have gotten discount tickets there, so IMO we have officially gotten ours money's worth out of the season passes. :D
Down here we can get season tix at the end of this season for next season and we get to ski mid March of this year, if there is anything left.

I would have already made my pass worth it if I had gotten one. Plus the 2 days I left early because of bad conditions wouldn't have hurt so bad.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
stosh said:
How is everybody today?

I had a fairly mellow weekend. I did get out to see a band Aubrey and I really like so that was cool. Other than that no much else to report.

Hope ya all have a great day!@
Morning All

pretty cool weekend for me... did a bunch of work on my rental appt. so my nephew (who is my new tennant) could move in.

Went riding Sat. afternoon with Manhattanprjkt for his B-day... good ride here is my unedited photobucket of the ride...

the rider in brown is Manhattanprjkt. I am not in these cause I was behind the shudder the whole time!!!

Got all my supplies to brew my next batch of beer!!! should be a good amber ale... I cant wait...

Have a great day all!!!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh

Back in the N Y this morning. Had a decent weekend. Saturday was pretty uneventful, Sunday what kind of hectic. We were supposed to have an open house from 2:30-4, but there was a misprint in the paper stating the open house ran from 12:00-1:30. Our real estate agent had set up a few appointments with people to come around 3:30 (during the intended open house). We ended up with people coming through from 12:00 - 4:45 or so, and we showed the house until about 3:00 when our real estate agend finally got there. During much of the chaos I took our very obnoxious dogs out for a hike. That was fun... spent almost 2 hours in the woods with them... all 3 of us needed the exercise.

I've been really itching to ride lately... everything I see I think about how it would be to ride it - steep hills on my road bike, big rocks on my mtn bike, etc. It's like my perspective is changed and I see everything from the saddle of my bike. I'm planning on bringing all my riding gear to work with me on Wednesday and hitting the trails right after work. I'm really looking forward to it.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
stosh said:
Down here we can get season tix at the end of this season for next season and we get to ski mid March of this year, if there is anything left.

I would have already made my pass worth it if I had gotten one. Plus the 2 days I left early because of bad conditions wouldn't have hurt so bad.
Mt Snow sells season passes at the end of the season for the following season too, and it's the cheapest you can get them. I'm not sure if you can use the pass for the current season though (not that it matters for me).

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
yo -

tough weekend for my wife...we got home friday from 80F florida (it's 5F today...what is up w/ that??) and she had a bunch of voice mail messages from good friends of hers from college, which were ominous in tone but offered no details. she got ahold of one of them and found out that a good friend of theirs died in a plane crash in telluride last thursday. he had two kids, 4 months and 2 years old. :(

she flew out early yesterday for the memorial service, so i have the kids. we didn't do much this weekend; went shopping for a bit sat and shoveled some snow sat and sun. made probably my best roast chicken ever last night, the roasted parsnips, carrots, baby potatoes and onions absolutely ruled.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
The obnoxious guy and I took a little road trip to ride some nice technical singletrack Sunday. 14.5 miles of rock crawling took about 3 hours. Next time I won't do legs at the gym the day before.:mumble:

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
good morning Monkeys!!!!
I had a great weekend. I got out on a nice early morning ride Saturday, it was coooold though, the ground was frozen beneath my tires for the whole ride. we havd a great time. after that i went to my cousins babies 1st birthday!!! we bought him this: Kettbike Jumbo. I spent half the day pushing him around in it!!!
sunday was work.. outside in 20 deg weather .. yes it was cold...

Brungeman.. nice pics.. looks like a great place to ride

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
hooples3 said:
we bought him this: Kettbike Jumbo. I spent half the day pushing him around in it!!!
Nice! My daugther is going to need a new bike this year, and depending on how my son does, he might need his first bike this year. I can't wait!!!

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
jacksonpt said:
Nice! My daugther is going to need a new bike this year, and depending on how my son does, he might need his first bike this year. I can't wait!!!
yeah those are aweome .. the front wheel locks in place and it comes with a big handle to push.. also the frame extends so its good for up to a 5 yr old... .. the thing is solid.. very well made, from germany

J

JRB

Good morning. The 'obnoxious' guy Wumpus is referring to is me. We rolled some new trail in Austin that kicked ass. Next time we'll take some pics. I thought Wumpus would post a ride report, but he apparently is just going to whine about his legs. :D Wumpus didn't want to go, but I was able to talk him into it. It was a little damp when we started, but not sticking to the tires much, and was perfect by the second trail we rode. :thumb: Beautiful day. I hope to get out early today to ride, before leaving for Orlando for a week with work.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
hooples3 said:
yeah those are aweome .. the front wheel locks in place and it comes with a big handle to push.. also the frame extends so its good for up to a 5 yr old... .. the thing is solid.. very well made, from germany
wow, nice. I saw that the bars lock, which is definitely a cool feature.

We are going to be looking at 2wheelers with training wheels for my daugther (something like that Jamis Ladybug or Miss Daisy. My son is just coming up on a year old and I don't think he could handle a bike just yet. We'll have to wait and see what summer brings though.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
hooples3 said:
good morning Monkeys!!!!
I had a great weekend. I got out on a nice early morning ride Saturday, it was coooold though, the ground was frozen beneath my tires for the whole ride. we havd a great time. after that i went to my cousins babies 1st birthday!!! we bought him this: Kettbike Jumbo. I spent half the day pushing him around in it!!!
Those things are cool... Emma is diggin the tricycles in the LBS... so I am not sure what I am going to get her... but those Kettler's are cool

hooples3 said:
Brungeman.. nice pics.. looks like a great place to ride
yep the funny thing is that that out of all the places that we have to ride that is the one we use as our fast paced training ride... lots of fairly open trails... but if you know where to look:clue: there is some great single track:thumb: it is a fun place to ride but it isn't the best around by far!!! I am glad you liked the photos!:)

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Morning - full weekend of riding for me. I took the 575 out on Saturday and let it play on some rocks while I rode :) Then Sunday I took my cross bike out and hammered out a long loop that killed my legs. KILLED

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning everyone,

And a good weekend it was...
Friday night ride on the single speed, up too late and slept in on the Saturday morning ride so my son and I went on a short spin in the afternoon, Sunday- did a nice hike up Squaw Peak and went to an all afternoon blues festival.

Finally back at work to get some rest!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Trainwreck said:
Good morning everyone,

And a good weekend it was...
Friday night ride on the single speed, up too late and slept in on the Saturday morning ride so my son and I went on a short spin in the afternoon, Sunday- did a nice hike up Squaw Peak and went to an all afternoon blues festival.

Finally back at work to get some rest!
It was like 10 degrees here this weekend.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
Hey!
It was mellow for me as well. Did a little printing and a little design work for my (hopefully) forthcoming semi-technical line that I'm tenativly calling 'Tractor'. Also been researchong Norwegian and Fair Isle sweaters for another project. Oh, and working on a business plan to get some ducets.

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
Good morning My legs are tired, did an 85 mile road ride yesterday with some decent climbs, I hit the wall with about 10 miles left and still had on more Mountain to climb, I was in pain but when I got to the top of Thornburg Mtn, it was shear exctasy, knowing it was less than 4 miles to the house and 3 of it is all downhill ! woohoo, never been happier during a decent, definitly need more work on my endurance conditioning....

J

JRB

Heidi said:
hmmm, sounds self explanatory to me.
If I knew what 'technical' was, in this context, I am sure I could deduce, but as it stands, I have no idea.

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
brungeman said:
Kettler's are cool
My kid rolls on a basic model I got for $10 at a yard sale.
She loves it, as you can see in this shot from last september:

Note the smile & the scraped nose from the recent faceplant:) .

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Mackie said:

they do sell a seatbelt for the models too!!

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
loco said:
If I knew what 'technical' was, in this context, I am sure I could deduce, but as it stands, I have no idea.

Non technical clothing with technical aspects. In this case, reflective qualities...

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Mackie said:

that is an adorable shot!!! I love it!!!

we carry the Kettler stuff but we also have this which is what Emma loves. I don't care as long as she is having fun with it!!! she is 19 months and is getting the hang of pedaling the tri... so maybe I'll wait a bit and get her a 2 whlr with training wheels!!!:sneaky:

J

JRB

Tame Ape said:
Non technical clothing with technical aspects. In this case, reflective qualities...
So like a t-shirt with reflectors???

Is technical something like wicking fabric or something??? Am I on the right page???

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Tame Ape said:
you talking reflective ink? that S#!t is spensive mang!!! I had our local VFD ask me to print their logos for them with reflective ink... after pricing it for them... they were blown away and then understood why the place they normally had print stuff was soo expensive.