Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

Nothing real crazy this weekend aside from seeing my friends band which was pretty cool.

I'm pretty psyched for this week in NY they're talking 60's by the end of the week, should be sick for snowboarding!!
I may have also picked up a new/used board from a friend. I set it up this weekend so I'll be test riding it tomorrow. It's a 158 Rome Anthem.

Have a great day everybody!!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello! Pretty uneventful weekend. MBC's hitch rack came it, but we weren't able to install it yet.

I'm going to be in Chelmsford, MA the next two days for a training class. I hope there are some decent restaurants around there.

stosh said:
I'm pretty psyched for this week in NY they're talking 60's by the end of the week, should be sick for snowboarding!!
I'm planning on riding my bike!

:dancing:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
Hello! Pretty uneventful weekend. MBC's hitch rack came it, but we weren't able to install it yet.

I'm going to be in Chelmsford, MA the next two days for a training class. I hope there are some decent restaurants around there.

I'm planning on riding my bike!

:dancing:
Nah, the trails are a mess down here where I ride. Although MARCH 1st does mean the first day bikers are allowed back in Stewart.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
stosh said:
Nah, the trails are a mess down here where I ride. Although MARCH 1st does mean the first day bikers are allowed back in Stewart.
The place I'm going to ride has lots of fireroad bailouts if the trails are too messy. I just want to pedal my bike, man. It's been a while.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Morning Monkeys

I had a rough weekend... I worked sat and sunday.. the only great part of the whole weekend was sat night. # of my closest friends and there wives/girlfriend came over to hang and for some dinner. marcy and i cooked up a storm. My friend brough a case <yes a case> of GOJ wine GOJ wine. I thought he was crazy for bringing so much.. but it was good and 6 of us went through 9 bottles!!!. Good food, wine and friends... before you knew it was 2am!!! they were there since 4pm.. we had a blast!!!! then came work at 4am.. yikes.. i think I still had a buzz!!

Have a great day !!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
The place I'm going to ride has lots of fireroad bailouts if the trails are too messy. I just want to pedal my bike, man. It's been a while.
I just bought a season pass so I need to get my money's worth.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
Morning Monkeys

I had a rough weekend... I worked sat and sunday.. the only great part of the whole weekend was sat night. # of my closest friends and there wives/girlfriend came over to hang and for some dinner. marcy and i cooked up a storm. My friend brough a case <yes a case> of GOJ wine GOJ wine. I thought he was crazy for bringing so much.. but it was good and 6 of us went through 9 bottles!!!. Good food, wine and friends... before you knew it was 2am!!! they were there since 4pm.. we had a blast!!!! then came work at 4am.. yikes.. i think I still had a buzz!!

Have a great day !!!
Wow... thats a schit ton of wine!!

Sounds like an awesome time though.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning everyone.

Went to an awesome wine tasting on Saturday - loads of good food, and 100+ wines for us to try. Had several amazing wines, including a Geyser Peak reserve meritage that I could drink every day for the rest of my life...

Absolutely delicious! Met some very nice people, got a recommendation on a great place to eat as well which we will be trying soon.

Little lazy yesterday, watched a movie, cleaned the apartment, etc.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
narlus said:
IAB, are you planning on riding in chelmsford, or back in CT?
I'm not planning on riding until this weekend, back in CT. I'll be in Chelmsford tomorrow and Wednesday (staying tomorrow night at the Wyndham) sans bike.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Morning all, I was a bachelor this weekend so Manhattanprjkt and I rode Sat. and Sunday... I brewed some beer on Friday and had a catastrophic boil over... while I was not watching it, and working on some grad school crap... bit its all good cause I had plenty of time to clean it up before Bek comes home tonight!!!

trails were great and frozen on Sat. but super wet and muddy on Sunday...

lots of gradwork this weekend, other than that... pretty sh!tty weekend for being free from obligations:dead:

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Morning monkeys.

I overslept this morning....badly. Forgot to turn ON the alarm last night, even though I went through the trouble of setting it. Damnit.

Other than that, not much going on. My point and shoot digital camera is beginning to give up on me, so last night I picked up a DSLR for use above and below water. Sho\uld be here tomorrow (I'm guessing) so I'm looking forward to playing with it.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
Morning monkeys.

I overslept this morning....badly. Forgot to turn ON the alarm last night, even though I went through the trouble of setting it. Damnit.

Other than that, not much going on. My point and shoot digital camera is beginning to give up on me, so last night I picked up a DSLR for use above and below water. Sho\uld be here tomorrow (I'm guessing) so I'm looking forward to playing with it.
Do you have a job?

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Mornin' homies!

Not much to report from the weekend I guess. Justine and I had dinner with a good friend of ours on Friday evening and I just hung around the house all day Saturday. I've been off the bike for about a week now due to a piece of bone or cartlidge in my right knee that's floating around in there a wreaking havoc on my mobility. Doc said to just chill for a bit and maybe it will work itself into a more comfortable position that won't cause me as much discomfort. Otherwise he'll have to carve me up and go searching for it. Sucks too, cause our weather down here has been outstanding and is only getting better everyday.

We had a family friend pass away this weekend from a staph infection known as Mercer. He had a small place on the back of his hand that wouldn't heal and got this staph infection in it. Mercer is the flesh-eating version that you may have heard about in the news. Within 3 days his hand was toast and they had to amputate it. A few more days and they had to take the rest of the arm. One day after that, his kidneys and liver just shut down and he died. Unbelievable. Lots of folks are pretty devastated as he was a real pillar of the community, church leader, teacher and all-around good guy. He'll be sorely missed. There's some bad stuff out there, kiddos.......be careful and stay healthy.

Despite my knee issues, I loaded the bike up and went for a short spin yesterday for about 45 min. It was a bit painful, but rewarding to get out and ride nonetheless. Y'all have a good one........I still gotta be ninja with the corporate postings less I end up like biggins!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
Mornin' homies!

Not much to report from the weekend I guess. Justine and I had dinner with a good friend of ours on Friday evening and I just hung around the house all day Saturday. I've been off the bike for about a week now due to a piece of bone or cartlidge in my right knee that's floating around in there a wreaking havoc on my mobility. Doc said to just chill for a bit and maybe it will work itself into a more comfortable position that won't cause me as much discomfort. Otherwise he'll have to carve me up and go searching for it. Sucks too, cause our weather down here has been outstanding and is only getting better everyday.

We had a family friend pass away this weekend from a staph infection known as Mercer. He had a small place on the back of his hand that wouldn't heal and got this staph infection in it. Mercer is the flesh-eating version that you may have heard about in the news. Within 3 days his hand was toast and they had to amputate it. A few more days and they had to take the rest of the arm. One day after that, his kidneys and liver just shut down and he died. Unbelievable. Lots of folks are pretty devastated as he was a real pillar of the community, church leader, teacher and all-around good guy. He'll be sorely missed. There's some bad stuff out there, kiddos.......be careful and stay healthy.

Despite my knee issues, I loaded the bike up and went for a short spin yesterday for about 45 min. It was a bit painful, but rewarding to get out and ride nonetheless. Y'all have a good one........I still gotta be ninja with the corporate postings less I end up like biggins!
You've had a lot of friends die due to strange reasons.

A brother of a friend of mine died suddenly this past winter as well and they don't know what caused it still.

Sorry to hear about your loss, I'm not sure if it's just me but people seemed to be more sick this past winter then ever before.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Great weekend. A bit on the chilly side but the skies were blue and the trails were dry, too dry really.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
stosh said:
You've had a lot of friends die due to strange reasons.

A brother of a friend of mine died suddenly this past winter as well and they don't know what caused it still.

Sorry to hear about your loss, I'm not sure if it's just me but people seemed to be more sick this past winter then ever before.
Yeah man, it's been a really wierd year down here.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. I worked all weekend as usual. We did have a couple friend over for pizza and beers on Sat. night. That was fun. That's about it though. Have a good day all.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Greyhound said:
Mornin' homies!

wow I am sorry to hear about your friend... that truely is strange...

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Hey monkeys!

I had a great weekend. My mom came down Friday and Sat we went to visit a friend I grew up with who lives in NJ, just across from the city. We had a wonderful time roaming around in NY on Sat. and buzzed over to Ikea on Sunday to check it out.

I also had an alarm clock malfunction this morning, so it's a slow start to work. Looking forward to next weekend and hopefully some riding!

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Sup. Bike riding on Saturday and snowboarding on Sunday. I'm ready for the winter X-Games now. :thumb: I was going to go and watch the carnage at COP last night as one of the shops in town was putting on a 4X type race on the snow, but I never made it out...:(

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning- or I guess afternoon for most of you...

Had a good ride on Saturday and a tough one on Sunday. The area we rode on Sunday...just when you think you are riding well and building up some endurance all it takes is one outing on these trails to disspell that notion. Great workout though, well worth the effort.