Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
It's so nice actually waking up when the sun is still kind of low in the sky.

I had a great weekend. I didn't get to do any riding but I did get all 3 of our bikes ready and tuned. I also ordered a hitch so now I can transport our bikes.

How is everybody today?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

Renae and I both worked the bulk of Saturday, so it was a short weekend for us. Spent most of sunday outside, but didn't do any riding. Got all the debris/garbage in the yard cleaned up, got the garage cleaned out, washed both trucks, cleaned/tuned up the Yeti, gave the Jamis and the GT a once-over, did a short hike with the kids.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning.

Man, I'm frikkin exhausted...but it's such a good exhausted. I had a great workout Friday night followed by a late night hockey game. I did my first ride of the new season Saturday (a road ride), and holy crap did I struggle. Then yesterday we got our last day of skiing in. Heh, this was the first time I ever rode one day and skied the next. :)

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Morning! Had a fun weekend with my aunt and uncle and enjoyed the most beautiful weather. :weee: Now we have tornado watches in effect for this afternoon and tonight, and it's a little stormy already. I am not happy about that. We're supposed to get that system that moved through TN. I think I'd feel better if I had a basement to crawl into. :(

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Oh, and you've got to love all the end of season ski sales. I picked up a ski travel bag that holds two pairs of skis, and a travel boot bag. $75 total. Half price. I'll need the travel bags for our Tahoe vacation next Feb.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
knee is still sore from my crash last week, but I still did get a ride in friday, and Sunday evening

One of my coworkers had way too much fun at happy hour Friday, not so much fun on the way home: DWI, speeding, hitnrun, leaving the scene.......no bail. He hit a lady/broke her leg. Total dumbass, but I still fell bad for him & worse for the lady he hit.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
80's over the weekend. Lower back pain sucks @ss. Sitting and walking are not any fun today.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!

Had a good weekend-- did lots of stuff around the house, got the mower prepped for the summer, washed the truck, planted some shrubs, had lots of Jager-bombs Sat. night and........did lots of this:

...and this:

Hope you guys had a good one too.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
Good Morning!

Had a good weekend-- did lots of stuff around the house, got the mower prepped for the summer, washed the truck, planted some shrubs, had lots of Jager-bombs Sat. night and........did lots of this:

Hope you guys had a good one too.
I thought your knee is F'ed up?

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Well, I am spent... I had a pretty uneventful weekend, up until yesterday when I went on a trail building day at one of the best new riding areas in Western PA. I move tons of stone, literally tons... my back is sore today and my arms feel like jello :help: but the end result is one hell of a bad A$$ showcase of a trail. we logged 87 man hours, and had a reporter from our local NPR news station on site interviewing and recording the sounds of the trail building... should be a great radio broadcast :thumb:

other than that, I am going to “Dr. Ballfondler” today... and hopefully he doesn't tell me to stay off the bike... :help: if all goes well I think I am ordering a Yeti 575, anyone have any experience, or comments about that bike?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
good weekend...sat was great outside, and did a bunch of yardwork. went for a short run but got caught in the downpour, and then had neighborhood friends and their kids over for dinner.

yesterday was a bit cooler; went for a short ride in the neighborhood w/ the kids, played a bunch of street hockey in the driveway w/ them, went for a hike behind our house, and i finally removed my avalanche from my DH bike, to be sent out for service (thanks loco, that doohickey worked fine and i managed to pop the mangled euro penny out of the bb spindle)

late afternoon i did a short, fast ride in boxford state forest, which is only a ~5-10 minute road ride from my house. man is it dry in there! usually in the springtime it's crazy swampy/muddy, but aside from the beaver dam spot, it was bone dry. boney, too. i forgot how bony that place is; thank god for FS.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
brungeman said:
Yeti 575, anyone have any experience, or comments about that bike?
it kicks total ass - that's all you need to know. It will be the best money you've ever spent, and will ever spend.

here's mine :drool:

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
brungeman said:
Well, I am spent... I had a pretty uneventful weekend, up until yesterday when I went on a trail building day at one of the best new riding areas in Western PA. I move tons of stone, literally tons... my back is sore today and my arms feel like jello :help: but the end result is one hell of a bad A$$ showcase of a trail. we logged 87 man hours, and had a reporter from our local NPR news station on site interviewing and recording the sounds of the trail building... should be a great radio broadcast :thumb:

other than that, I am going to “Dr. Ballfondler” today... and hopefully he doesn't tell me to stay off the bike... :help: if all goes well I think I am ordering a Yeti 575, anyone have any experience, or comments about that bike?
Doesn't your wife perform the ballfondling adequately?

Urologist?

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
robdamanii said:
Doesn't your wife perform the ballfondling adequately?
well now that you ask NO:think: thanks for asking you b@stard:nuts: :D

robdamanii said:
Urologist?
YEP there is a first time for everything... I gotta go have me old beanbag checked, I have been having a little pain in the right fig! so we will see what is up today...

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
jacksonpt said:
it kicks total ass - that's all you need to know. It will be the best money you've ever spent, and will ever spend.

here's mine :drool:

Jackson that is SAWEET... did you buy it with one of their build up kits? if so which one? I was thinking the "enduro race" with the carbon rear, ti-bolt kit, and black ano frame... :drool: Is that the bike you use for XC riding?

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
brungeman said:
well now that you ask NO:think: thanks for asking you b@stard:nuts: :D

YEP there is a first time for everything... I gotta go have me old beanbag checked, I have been having a little pain in the right fig! so we will see what is up today...
Good luck to your giggleberry. Hopefully you'll be back on the bike soon enough.

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Good morning,
Last week I snuck away for a week. Today is my first day back on the job.

We flew into Las Vegas for a 2 night stay. Just enough. I've done a whole week before and that was too much. In our day there we were busy: Some drinking, some shopping, & a nudie show :clue: .

Rented a car & headed west to explore for the next 5 days. Our base for the week was this beautiful little place in 29 Palms.

Having never been to this part of California we drove a fair bit to see as much as possible. Hiked in Joshua Tree park, saw the Salton Sea, the Living Desert preserve, Pioneer Town - Pappy & Harriets Palace, & a ghost town / mine (sort of lame).

J

JRB

Good morning. I did the most crappy ride ever on Saturday. It sucked so bad I wish I had just mowed instead. :dead: Yesterday Bob came over and we put in a drop on some trails by my house, a little 3 1/2' ladder. Rode a little bit and hit my little rock drop I put in the other day. Didn't see any chicken f*ckers, so that is good. Did not rebuild the Pike like I was going to so I can help stosh with some pointers, but hope to tonight or tomorrow. I need to make a bushing puller. Also have the local bike club meeting tonight. I think my crappy day started when I got up at 6 Saturday to go wrench on bikes with the shop at a local road ride. It's the first time I didn't roll it, but I haven't been on the road bike since October. It was also raining. All I did for anyone was change flats. WTF??? Just because the shop offers wrench services, people can't change their own f*cking tire. Swear to God - 3 people brought their own tubes over and had us change flats. If I were the owner, I would say piss off. One guy yelled that we kept his presta valve adapter. Uhm - it's a quarter and you brought a tube you bought at someone else's shop, so sorry I overlooked it. What say you have a little initiative and at least pull the f*cking adapter off yourself, asshole. I won't help them again at a ride. F*cking asshole wannabe roadies. :mumble:

Now that I think of it, today sucks too.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
brungeman said:
Jackson that is SAWEET... did you buy it with one of their build up kits? if so which one? I was thinking the "enduro race" with the carbon rear, ti-bolt kit, and black ano frame... :drool: Is that the bike you use for XC riding?
No, I bought the frame and all the parts, then built it up myself with the help of a buddy.

If I'm not on the road, I use it for all my riding. I've taken it jumping a couple of times, but mostly it gets beaten on trail riding. I don't know where you draw the line between XC and all mountain, but I'm pretty hard on my stuff (I think I'd probably destroy a carbon rear end), so I have a "sturdy" build. With pedals and tires, it weighs just a hair under 29lbs and is rock solid. I :love: this bike!

2 pieces of advice...
First, if you do much steep climbing, I'd recommend a fork with adjustable travel. Being able to lower the front end helps keep the bike balanced on climbs. Second, stay away from the ARC post - the stem and the bars are nice, but the post is junk. Other than that, buy it, build it, ride it.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
brungeman said:

other than that, I am going to &#8220;Dr. Ballfondler&#8221; today... and hopefully he doesn't tell me to stay off the bike... :help: if all goes well I think I am ordering a Yeti 575, anyone have any experience, or comments about that bike?
The Yeti is an awesome all around bike. My husband rides one for XC and racing and loves it. I am actually hoping (fingers crossed) to get one this season as well (but that means I have to sell my Jekyll first). I have ridden one a few times and it pedals like a dream uphill and can handle rugged technical terrain with ease. Echo had one, Westy also has one and quite a few other monkeys (Jollytime, Jacksonpt, Instigator had one and a couple of others that I can't think of right now). If you have specific questions, I can try to answer them or have my husband do so for you.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Good morning...it's been quite a while since I've seen a GMT. I am back to school now so my time is limited when I am at home becuase I want to spend as much time as possible with my little monkey and school has been crazy getting ready for a huge band festival...somehow I always get rooked into chairing these things. :think:

Anyway, had a WONDERFUL weekend. Went out for a nice ride with the hubby on Friday and did a road ride on Saturday (just around my house on my XC bike as I don't have a road bike). Sunday I worked out inside and got a bunch of laundry done too. I am hoping to get some spinning in tonight, but am not sure whether it will be inside or outside.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
jacksonpt said:
Hey treesaw... how's the kiddo?
Hey there! She's great and getting bigger by the day (I really need to post some more recent photos). She was a bit grumpy last week because it was my first week back to work and she wasn't used to me not being home with her all day/everyday. Today she was happy when I left which is the hardest time to leave her. It's SO much easier to get up and go to work after I feed her and put her back to bed, but this morning she wanted to play and I couldn't play :( Oh well...I get to play with her when I get home tonight.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
TreeSaw said:
Hey there! She's great and getting bigger by the day (I really need to post some more recent photos). She was a bit grumpy last week because it was my first week back to work and she wasn't used to me not being home with her all day/everyday. Today she was happy when I left which is the hardest time to leave her. It's SO much easier to get up and go to work after I feed her and put her back to bed, but this morning she wanted to play and I couldn't play :( Oh well...I get to play with her when I get home tonight.
My wife went back to work 2 weeks ago... Sean does NOT like being left at daycare. It's not that he doesn't like daycare, he just doesn't like mommy and daddy to leave.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning :monkey:s !

I had a great weekend. Dug and jumped on Saturday, went street riding Saturday night and again Sunday inbetween the downpouring.
Managed to get almost ALL of my projects done at my girlfriend's place while she is out of town. Total hours spent on a bike this weekend: 14+ !

I feel good. Have a great day everyone.

J

JRB

TreeSaw said:
Caroline is about 10 lbs and so much fun now. She has really developed a personality. I will post some more pics to my photobucket account and send a link, T. She didn't like the bottle when we first sent her with Julie's parents, but she is doing better now. I even gave he a bottle at Julie's grand dad's place with Julie in the room yesterday. She is awesome, as I am sure Sidney is.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Rockland said:
Good morning,
Last week I snuck away for a week. Today is my first day back on the job.

We flew into Las Vegas for a 2 night stay. Just enough. I've done a whole week before and that was too much. In our day there we were busy: Some drinking, some shopping, & a nudie show :clue: .

Rented a car & headed west to explore for the next 5 days. Our base for the week was this beautiful little place in 29 Palms.

You stayed at the Bunny Ranch?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
jacksonpt said:
My wife went back to work 2 weeks ago... Sean does NOT like being left at daycare. It's not that he doesn't like daycare, he just doesn't like mommy and daddy to leave.
:( That's the way it is with Syd. Luckily, she's home with my sister most days and my mother helps out when my sister has to work. She just doesn't like me not being there. Now Earl and I have to divide up time when we're both home and it's a little tough.

We did have a wonderful weekend with her and took her outside for a couple of long walks which she thoroughly enjoyed.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
loco said:
Caroline is about 10 lbs and so much fun now. She has really developed a personality. I will post some more pics to my photobucket account and send a link, T. She didn't like the bottle when we first sent her with Julie's parents, but she is doing better now. I even gave he a bottle at Julie's grand dad's place with Julie in the room yesterday. She is awesome, as I am sure Sidney is.
Excellent! I am looking forward to seeing some new pics. Syd is amazing! She smiles a lot and has some amusing facial expressions (my personal favorite is her one-eybrow raised look). She's even making sounds like she wants to talk already...it's hilarious.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Got in a 50 mile road ride on Saturday. Then yardwork the rest of the day. More yardwork and chores on Sunday morning. Did a mountain bike ride that didn't go so well. First hard ride in the heat and as usual pushed it a little too far and bonked. So it was long slow ride back to the parking lot. It was okay because most everyone on the ride did the samething.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Jackson, thanks for the info, I am not sure about the carbon rear end, but it really is a weigh savings... as for the fork, I will ask about the upcharge for a talus.

Treesaw, right on thanks for the info, I may have a few questions as I get closer to the ordering! :thumb:

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
morning all.
not doing so hot today. whether its allergies or something else i just feel like ****. im completely congested and have a sore throat. this weekend was really looooooong. had to work both days because of the trek supersale so i was at work for 9 hours on saturday and 6 hours yesterday. got in my first road ride of the season yesterday mornig before work. that was pretty good aside from it being a little windy. i rode to georgetown and back so it was somewhere around 35 miles and took me just under 2 hours. im pretty sore from that because the bike is a 30 year old univega that is not a proper fit for me so my back and neck area is really sore. have to work today after school till 8 and the term ends friday so i dont think this week is going to be fun. but on the plus side, in 2 weeks i will be on april vacation.

J

JRB

TreeSaw said:
Excellent! I am looking forward to seeing some new pics. Syd is amazing! She smiles a lot and has some amusing facial expressions (my personal favorite is her one-eybrow raised look). She's even making sounds like she wants to talk already...it's hilarious.
Yeah - Caroline is making little sounds, and since I don't make sense when I talk anyway, I just make incoherent sounds back. We have quite the conversations. Her funniest look is a lip snarl like Elvis. Her best time is first thing in the morning. She just smiles and smiles. She has started reaching for her toys in her bouncy seat, and it is awesome. I never knew I would love her so much. We are such suckers, we got a bed rail and she stays in bed with us most of the time now. They say she should go to a different room soon, but I would rather her stay.