Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
I rode on Friday for the first time this season. I can honestly say, I've never been in this bad a shape. :dead: I've got a lot of work to do... :(

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
brungeman said:
Jackson, thanks for the info, I am not sure about the carbon rear end, but it really is a weigh savings... as for the fork, I will ask about the upcharge for a talus.
What's the difference in weight? I've had my bike as light as 28lbs and as heavy as almost 30lbs - I never felt the difference in weight when out riding. If I thought about it, maybe every now and again... but if I was out riding having a good time, weight was never an issue.

I got real wrapped up in grams when I built mine. If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't be sooo worried about it. Just make sure it will do what you need it to do. A broken 27lb bike is of far less value than a rideable 30lber.

I should also add... when I built the bike I weighed about 180lbs. I'm now down to about 163 and the bike still rides great... I just had to tweak the pressure in the shock a bit.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Morning. Rode Lenox, MA on Friday night. Dry as a tinderbox. In fact, some schmoe at Olivia's Overlook tossed a cigarette out the window and burned a half acre in about 10 minutes. I looked ridiculous trying to stamp it out...Luckily the real firemen showed up. Found out that my SS gearing is a bit too high for the mountains of Western MA...either that or I'm way out of shape (most likely both!). Nice to ride on rocks again! Set up the garage workshop on Saturday and got a quick ride in Pittstown Sunday late in the day on the FS, snapped a derailler hanger ended up marking some new trail. Not a bad weekend in the end. Ran into some locals in Pittstown riding around in a beater car trying to flip it...they were wearing full face helmets and all. Pittstown is the true no man's land of the Capital Region.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Jim Mac said:
Morning. Rode Lenox, MA on Friday night. Dry as a tinderbox. In fact, some schmoe at Olivia's Overlook tossed a cigarette out the window and burned a half acre in about 10 minutes. I looked ridiculous trying to stamp it out...Luckily the real firemen showed up. Found out that my SS gearing is a bit too high for the mountains of Western MA...either that or I'm way out of shape (most likely both!). Nice to ride on rocks again! Set up the garage workshop on Saturday and got a quick ride in Pittstown Sunday late in the day on the FS, snapped a derailler hanger ended up marking some new trail. Not a bad weekend in the end. Ran into some locals in Pittstown riding around in a beater car trying to flip it...they were wearing full face helmets and all. Pittstown is the true no man's land of the Capital Region.
You were trying to stamp out a 1/2 acre of wild fire?

Thats... hot....

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
It started as like 10 feet but then the wind kicked up and we got the hell out of there! I looked ridiculous trying to chuck a 1.2 gallon of water on the blaze, lemme tell you.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
You wanna hear about a great day?
Last day of skiing at Jackson Hole, last day for the tram...tons of people, fresh pow, bluebird...and wifey and I got a gondola car by ourselves at 10:OO AM!! (This is unheard of)...
Well, guess what.
I got my hummer too!!!! (YUP, TRUTH)
The rest of the day was amazing, powder, backcountry, cliff hucking, and partying till the wee hours.
Good stuff. My wife RAWKS!!!!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
robdamanii said:
Good luck to your giggleberry. Hopefully you'll be back on the bike soon enough.
right on! I hope to order the bike asap (that is barring any problems the doc may have with me riding)

THanks!

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Good Morning Stosh! :D

I had an awesome weekend. Saturday I went to yoga in the morning and met up with the mini SoCal gathering in the afternoon.

Some of my favorite shots......

Rest of the pics here

Sunday was spent relaxing, a little bit of housecleaning, and getting ready for Sea Otter. I can't wait for Thursday! :D

Have a good day everyone :)

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Morning :stosh:

Got my car repaired finally then came the task of putting the new crankset and the new (to me) stem on.

Huge props to Sanjay for the stem.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning,

Had a fantastic weekend riding. Friday night ride with some friends that I don't see all that often.

Saturday, knocked out a fast 15 mile cross country ride. What started out as a casual ride turned race pace. Had the light bike so it was fun.

Yesterday had a fun day on Mormon-National with a large group. Then we went over to one of the rider's house for a birthday party. Will try to post a ride report with pictures this evening. Here's a shot of what I accomplished on the ride. Gotta get some pads.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Morning....well early afternoon all. I was out for about 4 hours yesterday riding and it felt great to be out. I still have tons of work this week to do, oh well.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Morning Monkeys... woke up a little early ,( I am still working nights), to cut up anmd old pool and take it down.. well the rain is coming down hee so it will have to wait.
I ve been able to ride a lot due to being on nights.. ive ben working to 5 am , then leaving right from work to ride, come home, sleep until 4 ish and head to work... its awesome actually I am getting 2-3 rides in during the weekday...
the downside is I am always tired!!!

enjoy the afternoon!!!!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
loco said:
Yeah - Caroline is making little sounds, and since I don't make sense when I talk anyway, I just make incoherent sounds back. We have quite the conversations. Her funniest look is a lip snarl like Elvis. Her best time is first thing in the morning. She just smiles and smiles. She has started reaching for her toys in her bouncy seat, and it is awesome. I never knew I would love her so much. We are such suckers, we got a bed rail and she stays in bed with us most of the time now. They say she should go to a different room soon, but I would rather her stay.
LOL! Elvis huh? ;) We moved Syd into her room already and she does well. We're both light sleepers (Syd & I) so it was best to get her into her own room as early as we could.

J

JRB

TreeSaw said:
LOL! Elvis huh? ;) We moved Syd into her room already and she does well. We're both light sleepers (Syd & I) so it was best to get her into her own room as early as we could.
Now I feel especially bad that we are spoiling Caroline and letting her sleep next to Julie. Julie is very still, so I don't worry, but I wouldn't want her right next to me.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
loco said:
Now I feel especially bad that we are spoiling Caroline and letting her sleep next to Julie. Julie is very still, so I don't worry, but I wouldn't want her right next to me.
Don't feel bad...I don't really believe that you can "spoil" an infant anyway. ;)