Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I had an awesome bike ride yesterday with Beth and Rob. Hopefully they'll post up some pics of rob's war wound.

I also had a totally awesome time Saturday night with my dad and future father in law at the America concert.

Hope ya all have a great day!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
stosh said:
How is everybody today?

I had an awesome bike ride yesterday with Beth and Rob. Hopefully they'll post up some pics of rob's war wound.

I also had a totally awesome time Saturday night with my dad and future father in law at the America concert.

Hope ya all have a great day!
sounds like a good weekend... did you cause the wound?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Morning ya'll im back in the office after a killer trip to Moab, went out last night and did a shoot with a local pro bmx guy...here is a keeper from it:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Ugggg.....awful weekend. :(

My whole house exploded with the flu this weekend. I was in bed from Fri. night through Sunday morning. My 5 y.o. daughter threw-up from Fri. evening until Sat. afternoon and then my wife was sick from Sunday morning until Sunday night. The only saving grace was that the baby seems to have gotten away with only a bit of a cough. Sucks because it was a weekend where we actually had a ton of fun things planned to do. That's just my luck I guess...

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Morning all!!!

I worked with my Bro-Inlaw the whole weekend (gotta pay for the new bikey somehow) anyway... now I am behind in my grad school work:help:

at least my grad school will keep me occupied while waiting for the bike to get here...

I am thinking of getting a set of Mavics for it or building up a set of King wheels... any suggestions?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
brungeman said:
sounds like a good weekend... did you cause the wound?
No but I'm sure when he or Beth get on they'll be more than happy to tell you all about it.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Morning ya'll im back in the office after a killer trip to Moab, went out last night and did a shoot with a local pro bmx guy...here is a keeper from it:

I like all the people in the background looking.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning,

Had a nice trip to Sedona yesterday. The ride was a little short but the effort factor was good.

I have an admin day off today because of the immigration reform march downtown. I'm either to check out a trail fairly close to home or just hit Trail 100 after taking the kids to school. Going to have to get out early the mercury is pushing close to 90 today.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
manhattanprjkt83 said:

where did Yinz shoot N@? who was there? and the last an best question... how did you get home from Ohio? and is your car still there?

*EDIT* WAIT THAT IS WEST VIEW? I JUST REALIZED!!! wow great shot mang!!!

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
brungeman said:
where did Yinz shoot N@? who was there? and the last an best question... how did you get home from Ohio? and is your car still there?
Us yinzers, shot at west view school, well actually below it, that is rt 19...

Josh has been shoveling that lip/transition for a few days, so we waited for the "golden hour" last night when the light was good and got a bunch of shots, he's pushing for them to be in "dig magazine".

My car needed jumped, luckily the gf's family had a flat bed and hooked me up. Im at work.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Us yinzers, shot at west view school, well actually below it, that is rt 19...

Josh has been shoveling that lip/transition for a few days, so we waited for the "golden hour" last night when the light was good and got a bunch of shots, he's pushing for them to be in "dig magazine".

My car needed jumped, luckily the gf's family had a flat bed and hooked me up. Im at work.
did you figure out what the problem was???

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Morning to all. Worked 7 days straight last week through yesterday between the 2 jobs. The Downtube's "stupor sale" was not as bad as it had been in the last year or so...It was busy but for the most part customers were very nice and patient which was awesome. I always love the feeling of shoving a pile of onion rings in your mouth then selling a bike without the customer laughing at you due to the aforementioned "onion ring crust" that has now formed around my mouth.

"Fixed" my SS to a more proper gear for climbing and ratcheting over the rocky trails of Rensselaer County. My knees say thanks. Banged out a 2 hour ride last night in Pittstown - no gunshots, rednecks or people trying to flip cars, just the sound of coyotes and owls at sunset..ahhh.

Gonna do some trailwork today after work at Gibbs Farm and hopefully will make some foul attempt at dirt jumping afterward.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
No riding this weekend, which I am only mildly bummed about. Got lots of crap done, saw Ice Age 2 and played two hockey games. Last night's game was great because we beat the first place team 3-2. I love hearing the other team yelling "Stay on 91! Stay on 91!!", (that's my number) then when I score they yell "YOU'VE GOT TO STAY ON THAT GUY!"

:dancing:

Should be a nice week and I see some road rides in my near future...

Edit: Sorry to hear about your sick household, Tigg!

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Brunge, i think my battery was pretty spent, and i was getting low on gas...

Car started to sputter, so i pulled over and shut it off, once it was shut off it wouldnt start again. I think the jump along with a long idle is what it needed to charge back up.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Brunge, i think my battery was pretty spent, and i was getting low on gas...

Car started to sputter, so i pulled over and shut it off, once it was shut off it wouldnt start again. I think the jump along with a long idle is what it needed to charge back up.
WERD!!! glad that is all it was... Your SPEED couldn't have handled much more!!!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
McGRP01 said:
Ugggg.....awful weekend. :(

My whole house exploded with the flu this weekend. I was in bed from Fri. night through Sunday morning. My 5 y.o. daughter threw-up from Fri. evening until Sat. afternoon and then my wife was sick from Sunday morning until Sunday night. The only saving grace was that the baby seems to have gotten away with only a bit of a cough. Sucks because it was a weekend where we actually had a ton of fun things planned to do. That's just my luck I guess...
:( That sucks!!!!

J

JRB

Good morning. Got my Roscoe built up and will post pics tonight. The ones I took need a little work. Rode yesterday with a dude in Waco and then met up with Wumpus for a brew and burger. Hung out with Julie and Caroline in the late PM.

Who the F skips a ride to watch Ice Age 2??? :nonono:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Good morning! Had a nice weekend. Went for a road ride (on my xc bike) with Sq-Earl on Friday...he was testing out his new road bike (thanks Westy) and WOW is he fast! I didn't have a prayer of keeping up (although, I was riding knobby fat tires ;) ). Saturday we did some housework and worked on my SS build...I still need a few parts (wheels) to finish it up though. Ended the day by watching Harold & Kumar go to White Castle and having a couple of manhattans.
Sunday, I had an AWESOME ride at our local trails. A group of us did a Rememberance Ride in honor of our friend Murph's memory (he's the friend who passed away on our local trails 1 year ago). I can't believe it's been an entire year since his passing!!! The ride was SO much fun and I did well...especially since it was my 2nd off road post-baby ride. My legs felt great and my lungs were hurting at the beginning when it was cold out, but felt great about 1/3 into the ride. I am pleased to say that I haven't lost my mojo and was able to clean a tough trail (Bee Loop) -- ok, I hiked up the really big climb, but I rode all the techy stuff. :D
After my ride on Sunday, took the hubby and kid to my folks for a little pre-Easter dinner (we're going to be out of town so we celebrated with the family early). Syd was great all weekend too...she's smiling up a storm and we're having a TON of fun with her!!!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Westy said:
Same here. I just want to go back to bed.

my body is weird, youd think i would have slept great after riding for almost 6 hours, but it took forever to fall asleep then I woke up at 4:40 (1 1/4 hours before my alarm was set for) :mumble:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
douglas said:
my body is weird, youd think i would have slept great after riding for almost 6 hours, but it took forever to fall asleep then I woke up at 4:40 (1 1/4 hours before my alarm was set for) :mumble:
LOL! I was up at 4am with the baby...she's been going to be a little earlier which means she gets up earlier. I was contemplating just staying up and working out, but I pumped and went back to bed instead. :rolleyes: I definitely needed that extra hour and a half of sleep.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
douglas said:
I never sleep well after a really hard ride. If possible I try to start such things early in the morning so come bed time I've recovered a little better and can sleep.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
douglas said:
This was probably one of your first real long rides of the year, correct? Your central nervous system was most likely cranking on all cylinders hours after your ride. That would make it tough to fall asleep.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Brungeman, we still on for an epic at appollo on saturday? I have a friend coming in (guy i went to Moab with)...he is looking for a good ride.

Schultzy is gonna show us the ropes as well...

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Yo.

Short weekend: worked all day Sat. so it feels like I just left this place. We're running the plant 24hrs a day this week to help get us over the hump we're facing right now, so I'm not looking forward to the 12-hour shifts at all. I start to lose concentration after about 9 hrs as do the rest of these knuckleheads around here, so I'm not sure exactly how productive we're really going to be, but......we're here, and that's what counts, right?

I've got my knee scope surgery set for thursday morning.......after the long week we're running into right now, I'll be more than happy to take a few days off to get my knee invaded. Sad when you'd rather be operated on than go to work. :rofl:

splat

Nam I am
Morning all.

Get well Tigg.

got a short ride in yesterday. Had to use my Rocky Mt because ther ewas also sorts of Play in the rear end of my FSR. Discoverd a Broken shock Bolt in the linkage, took it down to the shop because I couldn't get the broken half out. he looks at it and discovers I actually Cracked the Linkage. So Now I need to get a New 4 point linkage.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Morning all, got in a nice ride yesterday even though conditions weren't ideal. I picked up a great cd over the weekend as well. The London Howlin' Wolf Sessions (deluxe edition). If you guys don't know Howlin' Wolf is an old bluesman and this album features a bunch of the english guys that liked his music like clapton, steve winwood, charlie watts, and bill wyman.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
morning all.
rippin' good weekend. rode 9-5 yesterday under beautiful blue skies, followed up with a gigantic meatball sandwich and an ice cold beer afterward.

life is good :monkey:s ... life is good.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Morning :stosh:

Beautiful day here, Satarday did not provide much due to the weather. Got out yesterday on the bike for a few hours, had a good ride. Got home and visted my friend for a short bit then had to get home was expecting company. So all in all a hectic weekend, but a very good one. :):)

Today, cleaning the car, then going for a ride later.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
McGRP01 said:
Hmmm....might I join you for this sometime? Not many DJ's up my way...
Tigg, of course you can! We have a few stashed here and there in Renss. Co. and to tell you the truth, I pretty much suck at jumping despite a childhood of BMX racing, maybe it's the old(er) age? Everyone else I ride with is amazing, so I'd be into riding with someone more at my level. One of my goals this year is to learn to look at the lander and NOT the gap in between! HA!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I Are Baboon said:
This was probably one of your first real long rides of the year, correct? Your central nervous system was most likely cranking on all cylinders hours after your ride. That would make it tough to fall asleep.

yeah, but you'd think the tequila would have numbed it some :looney:

yup, definitely 1st long ride in '06

- road rides so far this year:32, 25, 25, 100

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Great weekend! Headed up to Aspen for some spring skiing on Friday afternoon. Saturday the wife got out for 1/2 day by herself then skied with the boys in the early afternoon. Then after naps I took the two older boys out for a run after the resort had closed. Nice skiing with nobody else around.

Sunday I hit the slopes with my oldest (4yo) around 9:00 then went back at 10:00 to get my middle boy (3yo). And the best thing happened - my 3yo let go of my ski pole and skied all by himself. And he spent the rest of the morning doing it on his own. :thumb:

I have a feeling that next season is going to mean a *LOT* more days on the hill for my boys.

Now I just have to get the 16 month old on some. :D

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
stosh said:
No but I'm sure when he or Beth get on they'll be more than happy to tell you all about it.
I'll let Rob fill in the details on this one (and hopefully post some pics). Let's just say that the gravel road at Stewart resembled the site of a homicide yesterday afternoon...

Great ride, though! 4.5 hours of Stewart-goodness. I didn't even mind the post-ride trip to the ER, as we were in and out of there in no time!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
douglas said:
yeah, but you'd think the tequila would have numbed it some :looney:

yup, definitely 1st long ride in '06

- road rides so far this year:32, 25, 25, 100
LOL! Silly Douglas...you should have started with the tequila and finished with it :devil:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Brungeman, we still on for an epic at appollo on saturday? I have a friend coming in (guy i went to Moab with)...he is looking for a good ride.

Schultzy is gonna show us the ropes as well...
Yep as long as I have a BIkey... (should be here weds or thurs.) I am looking at wheels also... I made some cash money this weekend working for my Bro-inlaw and I am looking to upgrade a few things on the build...

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
bluebug32 said:
I'll let Rob fill in the details on this one (and hopefully post some pics). Let's just say that the gravel road at Stewart resembled the site of a homicide yesterday afternoon...

Great ride, though! 4.5 hours of Stewart-goodness. I didn't even mind the post-ride trip to the ER, as we were in and out of there in no time!
No pics, since it's still oozing through layers of gauze, and I'm not supposed to peel the antibiotic pad away from it tet....

Morning monkeys. I'm hurting this morning (see below).

Had a good weekend, visited OMTB and chatted with the owner for a while, checked out the new Kona King among other things, and bought a new front tire to replace the one my exhaust melted. Sunday we had an awesome ride with Stosh and Aubrey at Stewart, lots of climbing and nice technical singletrack. Everything was excellent until I tried to jump off the last little ramp next to the parking lot. Hit a nasty rock, lost it, fell on my left and shredded my left elbow, sprained my left shoulder, sprained my right thumb, ripped up my left ankle bone, and bruised up my left hip nicely.

Trip to the ER (for the deep shreds on my elbow) basically said that it should be stitched, but there wasn't enough skin left to stitch. Debrided it, dressed it, and sent me home.

Overall, a :thumb:s up weekend!