Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
GumbaFish said:
Morning all, got in a nice ride yesterday even though conditions weren't ideal. I picked up a great cd over the weekend as well. The London Howlin' Wolf Sessions (deluxe edition).
howlin' wolf is great old-time blues. captain beefheart's vocal style would have been a lot different had he not heard mr wolf.

J

JRB

As big of a dillhole as I think you are, Rob, bummer you crashed. Heal well. I scuffed up my leg and it hurt like a bitch for 2 days. Yours will take a while longer. Bummer.

FYI - don't jump into rocks until you are really good at jumping into rocks. :nope:

Every time I drop into loose rock, and we have plenty, I wash out and go down. Then I have to listen to Wumpus lecture me about wheels on the ground.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
loco said:
As big of a dillhole as I think you are, Rob, bummer you crashed. Heal well. I scuffed up my leg and it hurt like a bitch for 2 days. Yours will take a while longer. Bummer.

FYI - don't jump into rocks until you are really good at jumping into rocks. :nope:

Every time I drop into loose rock, and we have plenty, I wash out and go down. Then I have to listen to Wumpus lecture me about wheels on the ground.
Thanks man. They said in MAYBE 2 weeks I'd have a thin layer of new skin over the mess, but somehow I don't think it'll be any less than 3 or 4.

I should have taken them up on some painkillers. Not too easy to sleep, especially since I sleep on my left most of the time.

As for rocks...yeah, I should not have been acting like an idiot, but live and learn I guess. Nothing broken, so I'll know better next time.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
hey monkeys...pretty low-key weekend. miles' soccer practice was rained out sat, and it was kind of a crappy day so not much got done. sunday was better, and we did a hike / picnic @ the nearby weir hill reservation.

otis did not want to share his chocolate bar

the kids got funky on the trail

had some friends over later, who are moving to ireland for 4-6 months (same facility i worked at). then got some chinese takeaway.

no rides, but did a 4 mile run. not quite the same.

splat

Nam I am
robdamanii said:
No pics, since it's still oozing through layers of gauze, and I'm not supposed to peel the antibiotic pad away from it tet....

Morning monkeys. I'm hurting this morning (see below).

Had a good weekend, visited OMTB and chatted with the owner for a while, checked out the new Kona King among other things, and bought a new front tire to replace the one my exhaust melted. Sunday we had an awesome ride with Stosh and Aubrey at Stewart, lots of climbing and nice technical singletrack. Everything was excellent until I tried to jump off the last little ramp next to the parking lot. Hit a nasty rock, lost it, fell on my left and shredded my left elbow, sprained my left shoulder, sprained my right thumb, ripped up my left ankle bone, and bruised up my left hip nicely.

Trip to the ER (for the deep shreds on my elbow) basically said that it should be stitched, but there wasn't enough skin left to stitch. Debrided it, dressed it, and sent me home.

Overall, a :thumb:s up weekend!

Wow Rob,

Was it were we parked ?, under the hiway bridge ?

Heal Up. Just rember If you gonna be stupid , you gotta be tough!

J

JRB

robdamanii said:
Thanks man. They said in MAYBE 2 weeks I'd have a thin layer of new skin over the mess, but somehow I don't think it'll be any less than 3 or 4.

I should have taken them up on some painkillers. Not too easy to sleep, especially since I sleep on my left most of the time.

As for rocks...yeah, I should not have been acting like an idiot, but live and learn I guess. Nothing broken, so I'll know better next time.
Yeah - it'll really suck when you start sticking to the sheets. ugh...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco said:

I told Rob, I did the same thing 2 years ago on the same rock in the opposite direction. I think I had the benefit of doing it on washed out 2" rocks instead of landing on pavement like he did.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Im so tired of NOT riding my bike. Its ****ing driving me crazy. The worst part is, i cant ride all week, cause I have to go to ****ing Chicago to be in my bros. wedding. I hate weddings, and I hate that I have to travel, pay for tux, hotel, food, gas etc, just to watch a wedding. Dont get me wrong, Im happy for the guy, but the tradition is killing me. They're putting on the full production too, and gettiing the parents for multiple thousands of $.
Anyway, I decided that when I get back, Im re-dedicating myself. Hopefully I wont have any more bike issues for a while, and school is winding down so I hope to be spending most my life on the trails this summer. I mean, I still have classes, but not til later...whatever. Dammit. I want to ride RIGHT NOW.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I was changing a flat on my bike this morning and as I was pumping it up the bead slipped off rim and the tube blew into a million pieces. There's a huge welt on my leg from the explosion and I'm deaf in one ear. That was my excitement for the weekend.

Saturday was rainy and nasty so my wife and I went to DC on to check out the Dada exhibit at the National Gallery of Art. That was pretty cool. Those Dadaists are some weird dudes. Sunday we took the dog for a hike. Unfortunately, no riding took place.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
splat said:
Wow Rob,

Was it were we parked ?, under the hiway bridge ?

Heal Up. Just rember If you gonna be stupid , you gotta be tough!
Yup, under the overpass.

Actually really wasn't too bad most of yesterday. Today's the rough day, but I've certainly done worse. It's gorgeous here and I'm jonesing to get out on the road. Don't think I shuold do that though.

loco said:
Yeah - it'll really suck when you start sticking to the sheets. ugh...
:dead:

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
jdschall said:
I was changing a flat on my bike this morning and as I was pumping it up the bead slipped off rim and the tube blew into a million pieces. There's a huge welt on my leg from the explosion and I'm deaf in one ear. That was my excitement for the weekend.
I've had that happen and it sucks! When the tube exploded, my cat bolted for the couch and hid underneath it all evening

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
brungeman said:
Yep as long as I have a BIkey... (should be here weds or thurs.) I am looking at wheels also... I made some cash money this weekend working for my Bro-inlaw and I am looking to upgrade a few things on the build...
Totally man, build that thing solid so you dont have to f with it. I would recomend the crossmax xl's strongly, except for the fact that my freewheels has just come loose, i dont think it is really an issue, as i will get the evil genius ken to fix it.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
jdschall said:

When that happens at the shop, we have to yell, "FIRE IN THE HOLE!" beforehand to give a heads up. I forgot to do that last year and had a tire blow up in customer's face. Once he got his hearing back, he said he got a kick out of it!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - no riding for me either.

I did officially completely move out of my apartment over the weekend. I guess that closes another chapter on my life so to speak. I don't think I'll really miss that place at all though, and I'm looking forward to the future with Laura. :thumb:

Thanks for letting me borrow the shop vac IAB and MBC - I'll return it tonight after work. :cool:

No riding tonight either, nor tomorrow, nor Wednesday.....hmmmm......Maybe Thursday and Friday morning though. I'm going to be so friggin slow and unbelievably rusty. :dead:

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
MMcG said:
I did officially completely move out of my apartment over the weekend. I guess that closes another chapter on my life so to speak. I don't think I'll really miss that place at all though, and I'm looking forward to the future with Laura. :thumb:
Congrats man! Many happy days are ahead of you.

J

JRB

robdamanii said:
I'm more concerned about the sprained shoulder and thumb. They won't make riding drops at all comfortable or productive.
Don't let Wumpus get away with that. I saw him grip a bar yesterday and he COULD ride his CX bike, but won't. :D

splat

Nam I am
Wumpus said:
Quit whining and go ride. I've ridden the day after with road rash on my butt and shin.
:stupid: I've ridden with My arm in a cast before , with Major Road Rash on my Butt, and carrying a set of crutches so I could walk once I got off teh bike.

bluebug32 said:
Road rash is the least of his problems. Rob can see the tendon in his arm and it's still bleeding :eek:
And you point is ?

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
robdamanii said:
I'm more concerned about the sprained shoulder and thumb. They won't make riding drops at all comfortable or productive.
Suck it up, princess. Rode with a seperated shoulder for weeks. Just don't ride in the drops then.

J

JRB

Wumpus said:
I didn't read anywhere that he has an 'appliance' protruding and inch out of the side of his hand.

And I should have the SS ready in the next couple of days to haul the kiddos around the hood.
You should have had the SS ready months ago. :mumble:

*disclaimer - you know I wouldn't be riding, and that I am just screwing with you. I want you well so we can ride and hug on a frequent basis again.

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
Good morning all. Nice shot Bill and thanks for the link on your site- yes I check it out now and then :)

Cute pics of the kids, Tim sounds like a good time was had. I keep an eye on your blog too. Nice recent concert shots as well. Hey what do you think of the refreshments? I came across their fizzy fuzzy big and buzzy cd and kinda liked the tunes.

Friday AM did a 4 hour cruiser ride with the wife(trip reports)
Then watered my yard for the rest of the day as it was sunny and I have to keep it wet. Pain in the butt, but it won't be long now..

Saturday, I gotta bunch of stuff done around the house, biked into town and picked up my rental car for the wedding I was shooting in Seattle

These things are really quick! Or maybe I'm just used to driving an 84 honda, I'm not sure. ( Chevy Malibu)

Sunday, got to hang out with my little nephew all day :)

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
BAH said:
Good morning all. Nice shot Bill and thanks for the link on your site- yes I check it out now and then :)

Cute pics of the kids, Tim sounds like a good time was had. I keep an eye on your blog too. Nice recent concert shots as well. Hey what do you think of the refreshments? I came across their fizzy fuzzy big and buzzy cd and kinda liked the tunes.

Friday AM did a 4 hour cruiser ride with the wife(trip reports)
Then watered my yard for the rest of the day as it was sunny and I have to keep it wet. Pain in the butt, but it won't be long now..

Saturday, I gotta bunch of stuff done around the house, biked into town and picked up my rental car for the wedding I was shooting in Seattle

These things are really quick! Or maybe I'm just used to driving an 84 honda, I'm not sure. ( Chevy Malibu)

Sunday, got to hang out with my little nephew all day :)

No prob derek :thumb:, yeah it's nothing that interesting at this point in time, but look for a major redesign and a bunch more improving shots as the summer nears...

I am loving the camera, just got back from moab and put it to very good use (im gonna throw up a trip gallery in the next few days), the 1.8 lense is amazing.

As always love the shots!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
MMcG said:
Morning - no riding for me either.

Thanks for letting me borrow the shop vac IAB and MBC - I'll return it tonight after work. :cool:

No riding tonight either, nor tomorrow, nor Wednesday.....hmmmm......Maybe Thursday and Friday morning though. I'm going to be so friggin slow and unbelievably rusty. :dead:
YEAH!!! Congratulations to you and Laura on beginning your life together. Don't worry, you'll be back in riding shape in no time ;)

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Jim Mac said:
jdschall said:

When that happens at the shop, we have to yell, "FIRE IN THE HOLE!" beforehand to give a heads up. I forgot to do that last year and had a tire blow up in customer's face. Once he got his hearing back, he said he got a kick out of it!
yep one of the bosses in the shop (Dave) loves f'n with people... and he'll see that a tire is about to blow, and hand you the wheel, and run... he'll yell "its gonna blow" when he is about 10' away and you won't have any time to react the thing will just blow in your face!!! we all laugh and yell profanities at each other... its all good....

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
good morning Monkeys!!!!

Rough weekend.. My plan was to to install french doors on sat, and finish up sunday morning... well the rain washed me out on sat so I was left with sunday to do it all.. My body is hurting and I missed a beautiful sunday to ride.. but hey at least its done..Now I just need to sheetrock.

Rob sorry about your mishap.. hopefully you will be back in action in no time at all

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
hooples3 said:
good morning Monkeys!!!!

Rough weekend.. My plan was to to install french doors on sat, and finish up sunday morning... well the rain washed me out on sat so I was left with sunday to do it all.. My body is hurting and I missed a beautiful sunday to ride.. but hey at least its done..Now I just need to sheetrock.

Rob sorry about your mishap.. hopefully you will be back in action in no time at all

Should be back in about 2 weeks. You around for a saturday or something around the end of april?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MMcG said:
That's awesome, Mark! As far as a dwelling goes, Laura's house is INFINITLEY better than that old apartment of yours. :D Looks like you're going to get to know your way around Massenheegen or whatever the fock it's called. :)

MBC will be working late, but I should be home by 6:30. If you stop by and no one's home, just leave the vac in our driveway by the garage. It'll be fine there.

J

JRB

narlus said:
<snip>
bah - never heard of the refreshments; nice photos!
really??? I never got around to buying the cd he mentions, but I really dig them. There was the really funny song about robbing a bank. They got lots of college radio play in the mid 90s here.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
loco said:
really??? I never got around to buying the cd he mentions, but I really dig them. There was the really funny song about robbing a bank. They got lots of college radio play in the mid 90s here.
:stupid: That song is really funny. I'd never heard of them until I listened to my wife's CD back in the late 90's.

J

JRB

SkaredShtles said:
:stupid: That song is really funny. I'd never heard of them until I listened to my wife's CD back in the late 90's.
So put some sugar in the tank of the sheriff's car, slash the deputy's tires, so he won't get very far....:thumb: