Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

It was a rainy weekend here in NY so I didn't do much.
My cousin (aka my best man) was up from Philly to get fitted for his tux and to just hang out. We did a lot or driving around the area to see the sights. Other than that, nothing much else to report.

Hope ya all have a great day!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

Like you said, rainy weekend. Friday night have a couple of friends over for drinks and chitchat. Saturday was spent indoors with the kids. Got some cleaning done and tinkered with my truck a bit while they napped, but just generally puttered around most of the day. Did some reading. And watched the Devils DESTROY the Rangers! WOOOT!!!

Sunday... more of the same. We are trying to sell our boat - had some people over to look at it in the am, then my wife had her sister's wedding shower in the pm. Once she got home I did some yard work (moving the leftover brick from our chimney)... nothing exciting.

Looks like a rainy start to the week too.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I'm glad we took Friday off to ride since the weekend was a rainout (see Ride Report forum for recap). And my hockey game was postponed last night on account of a power failure at the rink.

MBC and I did a whole lot of nothing this weekend. Just chores and beer drinking.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Had an excellent weekend. Willow's birthday party was great. Had it at the Little Gym and it was a zoo but no one cried and everyone had a good time.

Got in an hour on the road bike yesterday.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I consumed alcoholic beverages Friday night. Odd for me, but I had fun.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
friday night was the Bob Pollard show, plenty of fun and good times to be had there.

sat morn was a death march, which is in the Ride Reports.

yesterday we went to visit my mom, who's going in for back surgery this week.

i bet the wife is glad that school vacation is over.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Morning Monkeys!

Friday I cant even remember! Oh I bought a case of beer and re-comondeered the bottom shelf of the fridge to chill it down:)

Sat, rain. rain. rain. Hung out with Emma all morning and went to the bike shop in the afternoon for a few hours. Sat. Night went with Bek, My parents and a friend to the Tutonia Club for their concert and a buffet dinner of great German food, and good german Beer:thumb:

Sunday started out looking like a washout, but cleared up Manhattan, his dad, I and a friend went for a good ride on some trails we know drain well. It was a great ride. After that Manhattan and I hiked a new section of trail we want to put in. Our local park has some sections that completely lack flow. We want a new trail set that brings flow back to the area. :thumb:

Have a great day folks.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good morning! Had a GREAT MTB ride on Friday night with the hubby & some of his co-workers. I was excited to not be the last/slowest...there were 2 guys behind me the whole ride. I am amazed that I am getting faster after only 4 outside rides...must be the rollers helping out in between.
Sydney's Christening was Saturday so that kept me busy. She was SO good...didn't cry at all and was smiling and happy for the whole service.
Sunday was raining so we watched Madagascar and I got some work done for school in between feedings and playing with Syd.

J

JRB

BurlyShirley said:
I rode my bike yesterday.
:stupid:

Good morning everyone.

Anyone have a good idea on how to keep my wheel from moving in the horizontal drops on my Roscoe? I had hell with it yesterday. If I run it all the way forward, the tire is too wide. Should I just move it all the way up and get a smaller tire. I made a spacer for the drive side, but don't have a good plan for the non-drive yet. I can't find a 10mm bolt on axle yet for my hub, so I am using a skewer. I did tap the inside of the axle on a Ritchey hub to build on a single track. Should that help make it work??? Anyone???

J

JRB

bluebug32 said:
Your head?
If that's all you got, wait for another day to start pissin' matches in the GMT. :D Thank you for your cooperation.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
loco said:

Good morning everyone.

Anyone have a good idea on how to keep my wheel from moving in the horizontal drops on my Roscoe? I had hell with it yesterday. If I run it all the way forward, the tire is too wide. Should I just move it all the way up and get a smaller tire. I made a spacer for the drive side, but don't have a good plan for the non-drive yet. I can't find a 10mm bolt on axle yet for my hub, so I am using a skewer. I did tap the inside of the axle on a Ritchey hub to build on a single track. Should that help make it work??? Anyone???
Chain tensioner (bmx style) loco. The LBS should have one, if not, surly makes a nice one that doubles as a beer opener.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
loco said:
If that's all you got, wait for another day to start pissin' matches in the GMT. :D Thank you for your cooperation.
Yeah, I wasnt even going to dignify that with a response:rofl:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
BurlyShirley said:
Its been broken...

you don't say!

I have been following your angst about the "damn LBS" and your damn wheel for a week and a half!:cool:

Just glad you’re riding again so you can get back to ball fondlin and ball bustin instead of focusing on the F'ers at the LBS!:thumb:

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
work 10 - 8:45 (meeting from 7 - 8:45).

hope to get the build for my bike today. one shipment is at the warehouse, and the other is due for delivery today. ordered some King hubs 2 weeks ago and they still haven't come in, apparently, despite being in stock at the time of order.

hm, a bluejay just landed on my patio. haven't seen one of those in quite a long while.

and Lexi had another hair ball this morning.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning,

Had a pretty nice weekend. Cut out of work two hours early Friday, got in two rides over the last two days, spent quite a bit of time with the family and even got stuff done around the house.

Have a good day.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
loco said:
Thanks - I have one, but the way the hanger mounts, it's not going to work. I'll post pics tonight. I am thinking about just tapping a hole in the hanger and a little indention in the frame, ever so slight, and putting a set screw in. Would that work???
Could you post a pice of the dropout/hanger?

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
TreeSaw said:
Good morning! Had a GREAT MTB ride on Friday night with the hubby & some of his co-workers. I was excited to not be the last/slowest...there were 2 guys behind me the whole ride. I am amazed that I am getting faster after only 4 outside rides...must be the rollers helping out in between.
Sydney's Christening was Saturday so that kept me busy. She was SO good...didn't cry at all and was smiling and happy for the whole service.
Sunday was raining so we watched Madagascar and I got some work done for school in between feedings and playing with Syd.
the ride sounds great T!

did you have a full house for the Christening? its a pretty cool thing. My sister in law, caught the water the priest was pouring in mid air as it dropped onto Emmas head. it is an amazing shot. post up some pics if you get a chance!

J

JRB

the Inbred said:
work 10 - 8:45 (meeting from 7 - 8:45).

hope to get the build for my bike today. one shipment is at the warehouse, and the other is due for delivery today. ordered some King hubs 2 weeks ago and they still haven't come in, apparently, despite being in stock at the time of order.
Should have bought Hope or Hadley.

BS - I'll get one tonight.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
loco said:

Good morning everyone.

chain tugs mang!

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
Hadley's still aren't in stock at BTI. and they wouldn't go well with the King hub tool i ordered.

Carlos told me his Kings will be 10yrs old at some point this year.

J

JRB

Here's the deal. I have tugs for it, but I can only use one on the non-drive side. The way the dropout/hanger works, is it slides in the dropout, but there is no way to attach the tug with the hanger on. If it fit on the inside of the stay, it would work, but as it is, it won't.

I'm thinking I need to get the non-drive side fixed and let the drive side push into the bushing that I have on it now. It's kind of a weird set up. I like the bike, but this makes me wish I have bought the woodman.

J

JRB

the Inbred said:
Hadley's still aren't in stock at BTI. and they wouldn't go well with the King hub tool i ordered.

Carlos told me his Kings will be 10yrs old at some point this year.
Yeah - but he's only had them for about 2. :think:

:D

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
loco said:
Here's the deal. I have tugs for it, but I can only use one on the non-drive side. The way the dropout/hanger works, is it slides in the dropout, but there is no way to attach the tug with the hanger on. If it fit on the inside of the stay, it would work, but as it is, it won't.

I'm thinking I need to get the non-drive side fixed and let the drive side push into the bushing that I have on it now. It's kind of a weird set up. I like the bike, but this makes me wish I have bought the woodman.
Just dremel the hell out of it til it does fit in the stay.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
loco said:

Can you find those converters that you switch out with the locknut to make it into a bolt on?

J

JRB

Changleen said:
Can you find those converters that you switch out with the locknut to make it into a bolt on?
I have been trying to find a bolt on axle. The Azonic is 12mm thought. I think it would work, but it's too big for the drop outs. I am on the verge of getting it and filing two sides down.

I tapped the inside of a hub, like I said earlier, but don't really feel like building a wheel right now. I was going to see if I could find spacers and an axle at the shop tonight. I don't want to tap the axle on my Loco wheels, since one side has a 5mm hex slot to tighten the bearing preload.

J

JRB

robdamanii said:
God forbid she's not sitting in your lap. :rolleyes:

Morning. It's raining here, again. New fork and headset were installed saturday and now are just waiting to be ridden. *yawn* Maybe I should go back to bed.
What fork and headset???

As far as boning Beth, no offense, but you go ahead. :D