Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Sorry I'm so f'ing late today.

Commute was a f'ing pain... is it time to go home yet.

My weekend rocked and I'm going to kick Rob in the nuts for not posting pics of our ride yet.

Hope ya all have a great day!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. Had a killer ride Saturday (see ride report) and spent yesterday recovering.

I've got a three hour workday today (leaving at 10:00). I've got a golf outing for work this afternoon. It's $125 to play a round there, but free for me! Free food, too. :dancing:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning stosh. Had an awesome vacation last week, see my trip report thread. Bummer to be back at work!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
'morning stosh. Had an awesome vacation last week, see my trip report thread. Bummer to be back at work!
I just took the time off for my vacation to Saint Lucia this summer.

Your pics rock!! You've got a great looking girl too! Apparently she's smart as well!!

splat

Nam I am
Morning Stosh !

What a weekend !

Saturday did an Awesome ride ( see ride reports :) ) then got home and went and bought a New Lawnmower.

Yesterday , help move a 300 Pound contractors Work Box into the woods to keep our tools in for trail maintance, Then Used the new lawn mower to cut the grass, next my son had a little league parade. and next my wife called teh contractor who is going to be redoing the front of our house to say we accept the proposal and when can he start and he floored us by saying today!! so we spent the rest of yesterday and last night , clearing the whole front of the house.

then I rode in to work today by bike. I hope I beat the rain Home.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
It's a charity event and my foursome has a corporate sponsor. They paid our fees.
I hope it's 3 girls and one guy in your foursome.

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Good morning! Fabulous vacation last week and not so happy to be at work today. I guess that's it; BV summed everything up in the BDA thread. Have a good start to the week, everyone! :D

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning,

Completed the hardtail project Friday night and had the initial ride on the Sunday. It rocks! This is the one I'm going to ride in the Whiskey Offroad in a couple of weeks.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Morning

Awesome weekend of riding and then relaxing. Hopefully Rob will get the pics up soon. I was going to do it last night, but he said he wanted to. They look really nice, though!

After 7 days of nothing but riding, it's almost good to be back at work where I'm forced to rest:cool:

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Morning - I had a full weekend of mountain biking and am pooped. Yesterday was a 27 mile brisk pace up by Mt. Hood. Good views, lots of adventure, nice trails. I have a few pictures to post later.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Awesome weekend! Did a road ride on Saturday with Tweek and Crashby, then did a MTB ride yesterday with a bunch of people, then rode into work this morning. Season has started :thumb:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
busy weekend...my wife went to a memorial service for the mom of a good friend from college, so i had the kids. sat AM was soccer (damn was it cold; that wind sucked) then at 1PM i took miles to t-ball (pretty funny). otis was amusing himself on the jungle gym stuff.

grabbed a quick lunch and got some food and beer for my college friend dave who was coming over. drank a bunch of beer and ate a bunch of food, played music for hours.

yesterday was recovery day; a bit too hungover to go running so i did a bit of yard work and played hockey in the driveway w/ the kids. in the afternoon, hil took miles to a b-day party so i played w/ otis. we threw the frisbee around and chased it, and then he wanted to go for a hike behind our house. good stuff.

oh, and i worked on my DH bike a bit too, getting it ready for bromont this weekend.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
Morning

Awesome weekend of riding and then relaxing. Hopefully Rob will get the pics up soon. I was going to do it last night, but he said he wanted to. They look really nice, though!

After 7 days of nothing but riding, it's almost good to be back at work where I'm forced to rest:cool:
I've been checking RM every 5min since Saturday night waiting for the pics. WTF?

J

JRB

Good morning. Rode with Julie yesterday on the road and did a short urban jaunt through some local apartment complexes last night.

Got a call from the shop owner yesterday saying that we should be able to work something out for the money I want. That means a little pay cut, less Ridemonkey and a job I actually look forward to. He has to work out a few things with his accountant and then we will talk about when to start.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco said:
Good morning. Rode with Julie yesterday on the road and did a short urban jaunt through some local apartment complexes last night.

Got a call from the shop owner yesterday saying that we should be able to work something out for the money I want. That means a little pay cut, less Ridemonkey and a job I actually look forward to. He has to work out a few things with his accountant and then we will talk about when to start.
I'm sorry for not keeping up on your life but will this be a full time thing?

J

JRB

stosh said:
I'm sorry for not keeping up on your life but will this be a full time thing?
I'm pretty sure you have commented in the threads before, but I don't expect you to remember sh*t, since you can't remember to read a thread anyway. Anyway - yes it will be.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I drove around in a convertible all weekend listening to the Jesus and Mary Chain's "Stoned and Dethroned" CD.

The perfect pop record.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco said:
I'm pretty sure you have commented in the threads before, but I don't expect you to remember sh*t, since you can't remember to read a thread anyway. Anyway - yes it will be.
You could have just said YES.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Morning all,

Manhattan and I kicked some serious A$$ on trail building Friday, & Sat. we even got one of his bros. in on it. Yesterday I booked out there, after mowing the dirtpatch we call a lawn, and secured some of the ladder bridges that cross a huge dead fall log. I built the bridges out of pallet wood, and they are super sweet looking. they remind me of the Northshore style stuff. I have to stain them darker cause they are super bright in the woods in their natural state.

Manhattan and his brother found this ditch with an 8+ foot side and a 4 foot side along side of our trail. on the 8 foot side there is a log at the top that is perfect to put a bridge/drop off of with the wall of the ditch perfectly tranny'd out to the other 4 foot side. It is going to be soooooo smooth I can't wait.:thumb:

the plans are all made for us to head out tonight to work!:thumb:

J

JRB

stevew said:
I drove around in a convertible all weekend listening to the Jesus and Mary Chain's "Stoned and Dethroned" CD.

The perfect pop record.
Those guys rock.

stosh - I learned from Tame Ape that I should post the most direct thought that I have.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
loco said:

RIGHT ON! as I said in the feedback, the shop life is good! :thumb: one piece of advice, you will be tempted plenty, by every company offering blowouts on their gear. Make sure you REALLY need stuff before buying, cause the temptations will be there trust me!

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!

BV.....Loved the vacation thread. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

Sounds like everyone had a fun weekend. Mine was very nice. The weather was beautiful, and I was able to do about an 8-mile ride Saturday on my still-recuperating knee. No jumps or drops allowed for a few more weeks, but that's fine.......my winter-tummy could use a little more cardio XC work and less let's-session-these-drops-for-about-two-hours style.

Oh yeah.......all of our Hispanic workers showed up today. :thumb:

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
bluebug32 said:
Is that a squirrel wearing sausage curls???
He's a lil'Hasidic hitch-hiker.

Those sausages are in fact, finely crafted and lucsiously (sp) permed curls called Payas! Like 'playas' but without the 'L'.

No, there is no good reason for them.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Morning all. Not much to report here, I'll probably just relax after classes today after a weekend of doing work. Jackson you will be sad to know I had to shave the playoff beard, it just was too absurd and patchy looking. It was also stuck in the itchy annoying stage for like 4 days and I couldn't take it anymore.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Hola to all and to all a good night. Had an almost entire "Outdoor Weekend" which was great. Did a so-so ss ride on Friday night, trying to shake work out my head. Saturday involved trail work at Pittstown SF from 9-2 then a ride after with some folks who stayed behind, nice to actually see the rocks you're about to hit now that the leaves have been raked off of them! Approximately 8 miles of trail was cleared. Sunday had me getting to Plattekill by 10 and riding with my bud "downhill" Mike, who runs the Whiteface Mtn mountain bike program in the summer up in Lake Placid, NY. 1st time on my "rebuilt" bike and it felt good - getting my shock PUSHED and the DT Swiss/King wheelset stayed solid despite the flying shale that is Plattekill. Damn I'm sore from this weekend!