Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Morning everyone...

my weekend r0x0rzed i went out to abercrombie and picked up a couple pink polo's and lowrise slimfit jeans, popped the collar and went out for a few appletini's with some honeys :love:...Wow those things will mess you up. still feeling it today.

Saturday was cool, I got an exhaust put on my cavalier and raced a dude in a 911, smoked him...

Did anyone see those new smarty pedals from crank bros? :love:...
I don't care how fast your Cavalier is, I can still beat it with my High Winged Neon, with carbon fiber hood and cat back corree can exhaust! :nuts: the ground effects make it stick to the road like white does to rice!

J

JRB

brungeman said:
I don't care how fast your Cavalier is, I can still beat it with my High Winged Neon, with carbon fiber hood and cat back corree can exhaust! :nuts: the ground effects make it stick to the road like white does to rice!
You two do realize that there are white trash kids baggin' on you on some forum today too, right??? God knows that metro gives them plenty of ammo too.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco said:
You two do realize that there are white trash kids baggin' on you on some forum today too, right??? God knows that metro gives them plenty of ammo too.
Why do you have to ruin everything...?

J

JRB

stosh said:
Why do you have to ruin everything...?
As funny as you might think it is, I think these little inside jokes from you guys weekend rides are stupid. No one else thinks they're funny, or know what people are talking about.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco said:
As funny as you might think it is, I think these little inside jokes from you guys weekend rides are stupid. No one else thinks they're funny, or know what people are talking about.
WTF are you talking about?

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
good day today. no school because of flooding in the town, which is really good because i would have had a chem test and an ap stat final, both of which i was not prepared for at all. i have work in a few hours and then ill be there late because we have a meeting after we close.

J

JRB

brungeman said:
:stupid: WTF are you talkin about loco? we aint talkin bout no weekend riding Yo, we talkin bout streeeeet racin, and driftin!
I know this is something that happened while you two were doing nails and curling one another's hair. I was pointing out stosh and rob's ability to come in on Monday and talk for hours about something that happened that is not remotely humorous to the rest of the world.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
loco said:
I know this is something that happened while you two were doing nails and curling one another's hair. I was pointing out stosh and rob's ability to come in on Monday and talk for hours about something that happened that is not remotely humorous to the rest of the world.
Dag! I thought it was funny when they do that. Why aren't people allowed to friends Loco? Why?

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
gnurider1080 said:
good day today. no school because of flooding in the town, which is really good because i would have had a chem test and an ap stat final, both of which i was not prepared for at all. i have work in a few hours and then ill be there late because we have a meeting after we close.
we got flooded out 1 day last year, it would have been more but the flood came on a Friday and by Monday all that was left of the flood was washed away homes. I had several students who lost everything. it was sad! I hope nothing like that happens with you folks up in the North East it looks like the front is supposed to just hang out and dump more rain!:rolleyes:

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
brungeman said:
we got flooded out 1 day last year, it would have been more but the flood came on a Friday and by Monday all that was left of the flood was washed away homes. I had several students who lost everything. it was sad! I hope nothing like that happens with you folks up in the North East it looks like the front is supposed to just hang out and dump more rain!:rolleyes:
well in my area it seems that all the flooding is doing is closing roads. i live on a big hill so im not too worried about flooding. although i know other sections of the town wont be so lucky.

J

JRB

Tame Ape said:
Dag! I thought it was funny when they do that. Why aren't people allowed to friends Loco? Why?

They are. I am allowed to make bitchy comments about it too. :)

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Sup y'all. Even though it's not morning anymore.

Ended up playing roadie this weekend. Saturday I took Tweek, Crashby, Evergrey and another dude on a nice 35 miler with a couple of steep climbs. Pretty uneventful, except at one point there was some random person who stopped his car and was taking pictures of us as we crested one of the climbs. Wierd.

Then Sunday I decided to ride to Mom's house, since the weather looked great. I failed to take the wind into account however, and ended up with a 20mph headwind for the entire 33 mile ride. Man was that ever brutal... I just kept telling myself it would pay off come race time.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
loco said:
Oh thanks for clearing that up for us! but still WTF? I would have never thought of doing someone’s nails or curling hair? These thoughts and homo-erotic fantasies must be suppressed and pent up inside of you from your years of compensating by doing all of your masculine activities:rolleyes:

and as for you ripping on people for having friendly rides and then discussing them on the monkey? STFU! remember these?
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145789&page=2
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152283

Not everything is an inside joke, having said that, you don't need to be a part of everything that goes on here! Why don't you bag on all the crew for joking Douglas about Tequila?

You need the debuncher in a major way! or you need to start wearing larger underwear and larger pants! I think your G-string has probably cut off the circulation of blood from your legs to your brain!

PS Wumpus, (I didn't mean to pull you into this, I am sorry I did, just had to prove my point that people here come to share experiences, and joke around with each other)

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
narlus said:
mavic is two towns over from me, in georgetown.
Don't try to explain anything to him, he will think you are being condescending, and then flame the thread some more!

How are you fairing with the rain? I saw your post 8.85" are you starting the ARK building process?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
we are staying dry, but others are not so fortunate. roads were a mess today (i had to drive to cambridge to return my rented lens). at least it's not raining anymore.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
narlus said:
we are staying dry, but others are not so fortunate. roads were a mess today (i had to drive to cambridge to return my rented lens). at least it's not raining anymore.
Who do you rent lenses from? I know that some of the pro's do from time to time, but is it just finding a reputable shop or something? I am going to have to look into this, it may be cool to get a few good lenses to shoot some of the races at Snowshoe WV. this year! Is there some insurance you have to buy etc.?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
brungeman said:
Who do you rent lenses from? I know that some of the pro's do from time to time, but is it just finding a reputable shop or something? I am going to have to look into this, it may be cool to get a few good lenses to shoot some of the races at Snowshoe WV. this year! Is there some insurance you have to buy etc.?
i got my lens @ Calumet; they have a bunch of locations so see if one is near you. you don't get insurance, but you are liable to any damage which may occur; they take a card swipe for the equipment cost amount. the guy who was before me was renting a ton of stuff...canon 1D body, 70-200 f/2.8 IS lens, 580 flash, and a few other goodies...damn!

i thought it was definitely worth the $25 for basically 2 full days of usage...they will also use 50% of rental fees against the purchase price if you buy from them. but i've decided that the 85 is too long for concert photos; i've now got my eye on the 50 f/1.4.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
narlus said:
i got my lens @ Calumet; they have a bunch of locations so see if one is near you. you don't get insurance, but you are liable to any damage which may occur; they take a card swipe for the equipment cost amount. the guy who was before me was renting a ton of stuff...canon 1D body, 70-200 f/2.8 IS lens, 580 flash, and a few other goodies...damn!

i thought it was definitely worth the $25 for basically 2 full days of usage...they will also use 50% of rental fees against the purchase price if you buy from them. but i've decided that the 85 is too long for concert photos; i've now got my eye on the 50 f/1.4.
mMMMMM 50mm 1.4 great for low light:drool: specially for how close you usually are in the shows! you don't need the overkill of the 85mm!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
brungeman said:
mMMMMM 50mm 1.4 great for low light:drool: specially for how close you usually are in the shows! you don't need the overkill of the 85mm!
definitely...but the 85mm is a *great* portraiture lens...

for shows, i could use a fast wide angle lens too (or a body which has 3200 ISO...). too bad the 24mm f/1.4L is over a thousand dollars. :ouch:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
narlus said:
definitely...but the 85mm is a *great* portraiture lens...

for shows, i could use a fast wide angle lens too (or a body which has 3200 ISO...). too bad the 24mm f/1.4L is over a thousand dollars. :ouch:
$1000. YEP thats enough to pucker your A-hole!!! :dead: I am sure it is great friggin glass though!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
well they make a 28mm USM for about $350 or so...

argh, i wish i was getting paid for this crap so at least it would be a tax write-off. ;)

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
narlus said:
well they make a 28mm USM for about $350 or so...

argh, i wish i was getting paid for this crap so at least it would be a tax write-off. ;)
OH I thought you were gettin paid for it!;) ;) ;)

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
brungeman said:
Not everything is an inside joke, having said that, you don't need to be a part of everything that goes on here! Why don't you bag on all the crew for joking Douglas about Tequila?

You need the debuncher in a major way! or you need to start wearing larger underwear and larger pants! I think your G-string has probably cut off the circulation of blood from your legs to your brain!

PS Wumpus, (I didn't mean to pull you into this, I am sorry I did, just had to prove my point that people here come to share experiences, and joke around with each other)

I'm Tequila Doug, biotch!

:D

splat

Nam I am
brungeman said:

I Approve this !!! Well Said ! I rather enjoyed the joking

J

JRB

brungeman said:
Don't try to explain anything to him, he will think you are being condescending, and then flame the thread some more!

How are you fairing with the rain? I saw your post 8.85" are you starting the ARK building process?
I hope you and metro don't get flooded, but in the off chance that you do, maybe it will loosen things up for you to get the sticks out of your asses. :D

It was a joke about Mavic, and talking about rides and 4 pages of inside jokes are two different things.

All of that said, I practice double standards and hypocrisy, so you may want to find a different congregation to preach to. :think:

J

JRB

manhattanprjkt83 said:
He probably forgot that you arent allowed to post content that is worth anything in the lounge...Im sure it wont happen again. :dead:
Shaddup - we post all kinds of good stuff, it just pales in comparison.

J

JRB

robdamanii said:
You don't like it, nobody's forcing you to read it. There *IS* an "ignore user" button you know.

Go sit on a fencepost. :rolleyes:
Shouldn't you save all of your creative energy for stories about major air or fancy bike parts you haven't ridden, instead of trying to prove a point to me???