Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. Got in from our Florida vacation at 3:00PM yesterday. I should have taken today off to ease back into things. Zzzzz......

I miss the sunny, 90 degree weather already.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
'Morning. Got in from our Florida vacation at 3:00PM yesterday. I should have taken today off to ease back into things. Zzzzz......

I miss the sunny, 90 degree weather already.
just wait till this weekend!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
on saturday i had the kids for the day, as the wife went to the UNH commencement with a bunch of her college friends, since a good friend of theirs was giving the commencement speech. i met up w/ them later @ for a one woman show, given by another one of their college friends. good times; it was pretty funny.

yesterday we just kicked back, i did a 75 minute road ride, and we went to t-ball. a couple of pictures from that:

miles fielding the ball:

i think he needs a bigger helmet:

sometimes playing in the dirt is more interesting:

i wish the warm weather would get here. :mad:

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin stosh, all...

Nothing much to report on. It was cold and rainy all weekend, so no riding for me. Took advantage of some sales and got some clothes for work (3 dress shirts, 2 ties, 1 pair of pants for < $100) and started mowing the grass.

Gotta get grass planted out back this week... also gotta get back on the bike.

We have a big meeting this morning to announce job shifts/position reorganization. No surprise to me, but it should make for some miffed folks in other parts of the office - so this afternoon should be fun.

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
Morning monkeys.

I had an awesome weekend. A riding bud and I went down to Arkansas and rode 26-27 miles of the Syllamo trail. We saw an adult black bear, made a wrong turn, and struggled for the last hour or so. It was a miserable, good time. The high for the day was forecast for 82, but it hit at least 92. When we were done we laid down in a creek to cool off. Can't wait to go back.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin stosh, all...

Nothing much to report on. It was cold and rainy all weekend, so no riding for me. Took advantage of some sales and got some clothes for work (3 dress shirts, 2 ties, 1 pair of pants for < $100) and started mowing the grass.

Gotta get grass planted out back this week... also gotta get back on the bike.

We have a big meeting this morning to announce job shifts/position reorganization. No surprise to me, but it should make for some miffed folks in other parts of the office - so this afternoon should be fun.
Ray and Devon (from MBW) are coming up this weekend for Aubrey's wedding shower, well Devon is. Me and Ray are going riding!!!

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Morning Stosh.

Nice weekend downstate, with a nice ride on Sunday. I saved a guy's ride by having a new shimano pin in my pack (the pin in the chain just would not hold and he'd broken the chain 4 times in 6 miles) and had a nice easy loop in the morning. Then we checked out the williams lake race. We saw the sport/expert/semi-pro race yesterday, and they were almost crying out there. George was an extremely unhappy camper during his laps, and it was quite funny to watch him out there. I would have liked to do it with you, but I'm actually glad I didn't with all the crap on that track. How many were in your class?

Anyway, just hanging out, doing work before class, and that's about it. I'm also looking for an octalink BB to install on the roadbike for my new cranks, but that's the extent of my life.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - my Windstar died on Rt 4 in Farmington on my way to Liam's baseball game. Jumped it, but it would only run for a few minutes and then it would lose all power and stall out again.

Had it towed to a repair shop and they will try to fix it today.

I'm praying that it is nothing too expensive, because that is the last thing I need right now.

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
Mornin'.

Took a couple spills during a ride on Friday. Hiked an overnighter in a canyon in northern AZ; almost killed my dog. Now I'm working like crazy tryin' to catch up. Why am I even on here...

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
MMcG said:
Morning - my Windstar died on Rt 4 in Farmington on my way to Liam's baseball game. Jumped it, but it would only run for a few minutes and then it would lose all power and stall out again.

I'm praying that it is nothing too expensive, because that is the last thing I need right now.
Damn man, you caught some bad juju. You should have buttloads of good kharma coming to you soon.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MMcG said:

:(

Well that sucks.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
robdamanii said:
Damn man, you caught some bad juju. You should have buttloads of good kharma coming to you soon.
I could sure use some good kharma, but all I seem to get lately is the other kind.

I guess I can look back on it and say that it was good that the car didn't die on the highway or something like that.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
MMcG said:
I could sure use some good kharma, but all I seem to get lately is the other kind.

I guess I can look back on it and say that it was good that the car didn't die on the highway or something like that.
It'll all come around in time. Hopefully sooner rather than later though... :)

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Good morning. Was a good weekend. Did not do anything productive yardwork/house chore-wise, but I rode myself silly both days. :) Yesterday's ride was fairly brutal. I'm a little banged up.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
MMcG said:

Yah, hopefully its a quick fix like an alternator swap (which I'm assuming is quick).

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Replaced the window motor in my car as well as the speaker on the drivers side door. Taking doors apart is a major pain in the ass, too bad the passenger side still needs its speaker replaced as well. Oh well.

Got in a good ride with my dad yesterday. We went over to the local park, and oddly enough we ran right into a bike race and ended up riding against traffic to the park where it turned out to be park day. There were tons of people, hay rides, barn tours, and the likes. One of the park rangers took a picture of my dad and I for some reason. Highlight of the day: Getting a picture next to a huge snapping turtle that we came across. Perhaps I'll have him send it to me at some point.

splat

Nam I am
Morning !

Nice Pics Narlus, I have been having fun taking pics of hte Kids at my Sons little league games.

Busy Busy Weekend
Saturday Started out by Helping Berkshire_rider Move, then Had to high tail it home and went to A Gymnasticas show, then Peter had Baseball Practice. then on Sunday we had trail school.

Today I rode into work, There was barely anyhot water in the shower , and Then I got to my Desk to discover we had Airconditioner Failure in the compouter room over the weekend ( and Nobody called me ) so I just spent the last hour and half , getting all the system that shut down due to heat over loads back up.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
MMcG said:

Getting your balls torn off in a wagon accident would be the last thing you need right now :eek:. This is only in the top 5.

Seriously though, good luck with that. :thumb:

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!

Looks like things in my life are going to be changing.........I may need to sit down for a minute.....:)

We were trying, it was still a shock to see "Pregnant" in that little window.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
Good Morning!

Looks like things in my life are going to be changing.........I may need to sit down for a minute.....:)

Congrats man!!!

splat

Nam I am
Greyhound said:
Good Morning!

Yup , your life is going to change.

Now the question is this a good thing or a bad thing ?

I Find it quite interesting , how the Same thing can mean be so differeetn to different people. To Some it is the Best news int eh world ! and to other it is the absolute worst. with not to much middle ground

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
splat said:
Yup , your life is going to change.

Now the question is this a good thing or a bad thing ?

I Find it quite interesting , how the Same thing can mean be so differeetn to different people. To Some it is the Best news int eh world ! and to other it is the absolute worst. with not to much middle ground
Yep - and then once the kid gets here... it's both the best and the worst... one minute it's the best, next minute it's the worst :eek: All in all though, the bests far out weight the worsts... at least for me.

But regardless... if you were trying, that's got to be good news, so congrats to you, greyhound.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
greyhound, awesome! :thumb: best wishes for you now changing-future.

MMcG, you've had the worst luck w/ that car. dump it and get an Element or something like that.

splat/jackson, thanks for the picture compliments. here are a couple more, including my favorite of the day:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
jacksonpt said:
narlus... you either have a camera with good continuous drive, or you have really good timing with the shutter.

nice job!
i'll chalk it to the camera. it supports up to 2.8 frames per second, which is pretty good, but i think the bigger component is the lens (; it's got really good autofocus capabilities and is great for stuff like this.