Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

Busy f'ing weekend for me!! I did some riding on Saturday and then we went to the US Open on Sunday which was pretty cool!
It's pretty hot in here today, we haven't put the AC's in the windows yet and there is no air moving around.

Ok well hope ya all have a great day!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh

Busy weekend up here too, but unfortunately, nothing even remotely bike-related happened. I spent the vast majority of the weekend (yes, all 3 days of it) doing yard work.

I got a hell of a tan though :rolleyes:

The good news is that I got all my chores done, so I should be able to ride in Rochester next weekend... assuming the bosslady doesn't assign more chores.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Skookum said:
It's Monday again?
F'ing schit!
All the way into work I'm like "It's Tuesday, remember, it's Tuesday....only 2 days till pay day.....It's Tuesday...."

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good morning!

Real sore this morning. Four of us did about 25 miles on Sunday in the Wilson's Creek area of Pisgah National Forest. Lots of screaming DH and long fireroad climbs in the 90 degree weather. Lost about 5 lbs. on the ride, and gained a whole new appreciation for the beauty that is NC. Funny how you can live in an area your whole life and if you're not careful, miss some of the most beautiful places this state has to offer.

I would elaborate more on my weekend, but nothing else comes close to how perfect Sunday in the mountains was. Pisgah sucks--don't come here.:rofl:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning. I didn't get to do nearly as much riding as I would have liked this past weekend. I had a picnic at mom's Saturday so that pretty much killed that day. Sunday we did a road ride, then had a wedding to attend that night (meh). Yesterday was a whole lot of nothing, except for getting a new grill.

Looking forward to the MS Bike Tour with douglas, MMcG, and Ms MMcG this weekend. :)

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Two things that pissed me off this weekend:

1. Bike shop promised me that they would have my bike done. They did not. Not only that, but it has taken them over 2 weeks to ream and face my headtube then press in my headset.

2. My car broke. The exhaust pipe rusted and broke at one of the flanges, so I had to drive home in an unmuffled car. It is amazing how much noise the muffler gets rid of.

Good things:

Golfed with my brothers and dad. Shot a 10 over 82 on a fairly difficult course, not too bad for the first time out. If I get out enough and strike the ball like I did today I see rounds a few strokes over par in my near future.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
did a fast ride @ foxboro yesterday; some 60 y/o dude took us on a ton of trails i'd never been on. he was cooking. we also saw two riders probably close to 70 y/o, which was great to see. husband/wife duo, they were having fun (and not just riding carriage roads).

grilled up some shrimp, which was tasty. the corn wasn't so great.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Good morning peoples, i had an incredible weekend my company has given us half day fridays from memorial day - labor day...So I felt like i was off forever, rode a couple days, drank a bunch of good beer, and went to the beach yesterday...

Finished off the day with 2.5 lbs of fresh crab legs and a couple corona's...back at work for the short week...

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Good Tuesday Morn'. Lemme see....

Saturday: a friend and I hit Jiminy Peak's opening day for some quick dh action...they only open the slow lift (shared by the Alpine Slide users). This lift only allows us to access about 1/3 of the mountain, unfortunately. There were TONS of tent caterpillars, I was covered and was super glad to be wearing goggles...They alre also building some major slide that can be run all year long, it looks like a roller coaster through the woods which has also chewed up a few lower trails. Anyway, got a lot of good and muddy but short runs in for the day, hitting all the drops we can (not that big on the lower side). They've also "buttered" up the existing trails, putting jumps and some berms in where they can. And despite my pledge of only clif bars and beer for food this weekend, we head off to an impromptu BBQ where I enjoy veggie dogs and Quorn cutlets on the good old Homer Simpson grill! Oh yeah, and beer.

Sunday: 3 of us head down to Plattekill for a day long riding session. It's nice and dry and more crowded than I thought it would be due to the US Open in Joisey. Had a blast and "felt the flow" as they say, though I did eject my bike (and then myself running through the air after it) on an unknown drop that I came up to a bit too fast, denting my top tube slightly. OOPS! The only downside to the day was getting stuck on the lift for 45 minutes as the power suddenly died...then it took them a bit to get the generator started. They're doing a bit of work to improve the MTX course, so next weekend's race should be a good one. Afterwards we hit a friend's party where we witnessed full grown adults doing funnels...The master of ceremonies introduced himself to us as, "it's great to meet you all, I think I have to thrown up...". Excellent!

Monday: Got in a "long" (at least for me) 2 or so hour XC ride over In Lenox, MA. Awesome place. Awesome humidity. Awesome dehydration.

Result: I am friggin' tired today.

End Transmission.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. Had a busy weekend. Spent Sat. doing a little landscaping around the house. Laid down a ton of landscape fabric and then spread out 18 bags of mulch. Mowed the lawn and then ran through the sprinkler for a while with the kids. :) Sunday was spent grilling, drinking beers and doing Tequila shots with my neighbors. I think I was pretty much ready for bed around 9pm.

Yesterday I was here at work all day, but at least I got paid double-time to be here. :thumb: Headed to the LBS on my lunch hour today to see if my bike is in. Wish me luck!

splat

Nam I am
Morning Busy Busy weekend for me, 3 rides , went to a Paw Sox game , slept in the out field of McCoy stadium one night, lots of Kayaking yesterday. some how managed to cut the Grass , and Played Ice Hockey This morning before work.

and friday Night , I didn't see any rain inthe forcast , but I got caught in a Down Pours , 2 inches of rain and 20 miles later I was home.

J

JRB

Good f'n morning. Only rode on Sunday. It was hot all weekend. I should have mowed, but did not. I did get all the ticks off of the dog. Now to get the neighbors to do the same. :mad:

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
I've been in Boulder, CO since Thursday and just got home last night. Didn't do any riding, but I got a fair amount of hiking in. 13 hours is a loooong time to spend in the car. Not to mention, upon getting home last night I walked inside to a disturbing sight: Most of my **** was either on the floor or strewn across the backyard lawn. Sofa pillows were all over the place, the foam from one of the sofas had been torn apart, papers and mail all over the place.

No, the CIA had not finally caught to me and raided my place. Remember that dog I found a while back and decided to keep?? Well, apparantly he doesn't like to home alone for extended periods of time. What a kick in the balls.

I was pissed, but he hadn't truely destroyed anything beyond useable condition so after scolding him I dropped it. That is, until I went upstairs to crash on my bed. Feathers from my down comforter were all over my room, my pair of North Face convertable zip-pants had a new hole in them, and my Chaco sandals now had a sufficient tear in one of the straps. It was on like donkey kong. I ran that dog all over the house yelling at him then threw him in the back yard for the night.

I estimate total damges at about $250 (not counting the sofa, obviously). This is the thanks I get for taking in a skinny, dirty, hungry, dog and providing a loving home.

Welcome back.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Nothing bike related for me this weekend. I was up in Grand Isle VT opening our summer house. Got 3 acres of lawn to cu, water to connect, ended up having to replace a heating element in the hw heater. That was Saturday morning. Saturday evening I took a trip to the Magic Hat brewery in S. Burlington and came back with 6 growlers of brewery fresh beer. Sunday I made another trip to Burlington to do a little people watching on Church St and have some lunch out. I also had 4 growlers that I had to refill before my trip home. :D Yesterday we took it easy, it was kind of hazy in the am but once the sun got high in the sky it burned the haze right off and made for a beautiful afternoon. I really didn't want to leave and was dragging my feet as much as I could. The ride home was pretty uneventful and after I got back I had my own lawn to cut. Now here we are on Tuesday morning, I'm back in the office and wishing I was still at the lake.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
macko said:
Feathers from my down comforter were all over my room, my pair of North Face convertable zip-pants had a new hole in them, and my Chaco sandals now had a sufficient tear in one of the straps. It was on like donkey kong. I ran that dog all over the house yelling at him then threw him in the back yard for the night.

I estimate total damges at about $250 (not counting the sofa, obviously). This is the thanks I get for taking in a skinny, dirty, hungry, dog and providing a loving home.

Welcome back.
Bummer, at least you can get new straps on the Chacos for like $20 if you send them in.

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Good Morning Stosh! :D

No biking for me this weekend, but had a nice time in Las Vegas with Orv's family. A couple more long days of work ahead of me and then it's off to Fontana for the CalState race this weekend. :)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good f'n morning! Had an AWESOME 4 day weekend with lots of riding and some relaxing with Syd!

Thursday after work Sq-Earl and I decided to enjoy the nice weather with a fast hour-hour and a half XC ride. We quickly learned that the mosquitos were out in force and decided not to take any unnecessary breaks which made for an excellent workout.

Friday morning I headed out for a short road ride in the AM (only about 30 minutes) and anticipated an evening XC ride (that was cancelled due to the rain).

Saturday, Sq-Earl headed out with his friend Don for a really long, hard ride and Syd woke up with some heafty congestion (her first cold). I wasn't sure about leaving her all day so I did a solo hour ride without any stops and was loving life. I used my new MP3 player and was amazed at how much faster I rode with the tunes playing.

Sunday Syd still wasn't feeling well, so we did a leizurly long walk with the baby and BBQ with my family.

Monday, Syd's still got a bad cold, but we managed to do some yard work & house work and headed out on a 2 hour fun MTB ride with a couple of other club members. All-in-all, a great weekend.

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
Jim Mac said:
The only downside to the day was getting stuck on the lift for 45 minutes as the power suddenly died...then it took them a bit to get the generator started.
Damn, you were stuck on that lift? I finished my run and was just about to get back on the lift when it konked out. I feel for ya though, you must have been cooking! It limited me to 4 runs. I thought about doing the shuttle thing but figured it just wasn't meant to be and I bailed early. Did some yardwork when I got home.

That was the extent of my riding. Was going to go yesterday but 2 hours of yardwork in the blistering sun wiped me out. Plus our neighbors had a keg.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
dogwonder said:
Damn, you were stuck on that lift? I finished my run and was just about to get back on the lift when it konked out. I feel for ya though, you must have been cooking! It limited me to 4 runs. I thought about doing the shuttle thing but figured it just wasn't meant to be and I bailed early. Did some yardwork when I got home.

That was the extent of my riding. Was going to go yesterday but 2 hours of yardwork in the blistering sun wiped me out. Plus our neighbors had a keg.
It wasn't that bad except that it was 3 of us plus a bike on the lift so it was a bit cramped...at least we finally got to the top and did our final run of the day!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Jim Mac said:
It wasn't that bad except that it was 3 of us plus a bike on the lift so it was a bit cramped...at least we finally got to the top and did our final run of the day!
Hope you guys at least had some herbal refreshment to help pass the time. :evil:

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Morning Stosh.

Great weekend with Beth upstate. Caught some nice photography Saturday and Monday at the wildlife preserve and Taughannock Falls. Sunday we met up with GumbaFish for a ncie 10 mile heat filled torture fest in Rochester. Excellent trails and lots of fun. Beth's new wheels (early birthday present) arrived Friday as well (see below).

Today is finishing some work, mowing the lawn, vacuuming the pool and trying to put the air conditioner in my bedroom window.

Wheels:

Completed bike:

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
Jim Mac said:
didn't opt for the shuttle huh? do you know if that really worked out and people went for it?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
Morning Stosh.

Great weekend with Beth upstate. Caught some nice photography Saturday and Monday at the wildlife preserve and Taughannock Falls. Sunday we met up with GumbaFish for a ncie 10 mile heat filled torture fest in Rochester. Excellent trails and lots of fun. Beth's new wheels (early birthday present) arrived Friday as well (see below).

Today is finishing some work, mowing the lawn, vacuuming the pool and trying to put the air conditioner in my bedroom window.

Wheels:

Completed bike:
Lookin good man!

You have a pool up there?

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
McGRP01 said:
Hope you guys at least had some herbal refreshment to help pass the time. :evil:
Nah, that only seems to happen when I DH with Downhill Mike from Whiteface...and then he follows it up with a Marlboro red!

J

JRB

robdamanii said:
Indeed. 24' above ground that came with the house.

Damned vacuum broke half way through. Now I need a new skimmer plate for it. Oh well, at least I got the second shock in it.
That's a deep pool.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco said:
That's a deep pool.
I have a picture of that super deep pool from a few months back in my head now.

He also has a hyperbolic chamber should any kids accidentally fall in.