Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

How was everybody's weekend?

I spent mine packing and working. That is all that I have to report for today. This week will be another busy week at work and at home.

Hope ya all have a great day and week!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning.

Nothing but FUN this past weekend for me and the wife. We went out for a nice meal Friday night then saw X-Men 3. Saturday we had cookout at our place with the MS monkey team, but it rained so festivities were moved indoors while I grilled in the rain. But we had lots of beer keeping me dry. Yesterday was the 52 mile MS road ride.

Why does Monday have to be here? :(

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

My weekend was a total rainout. I feel like such a fat slob today because of it... gotta get back on the bike at lunch today.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning,

For not having much planned had a busy weekend.

Got to meet Macko on Sunday's ride. We got a late start because of a no-show and had to cut the ride a bit short due to the temps this weekend.

Have a good day.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning everyone.

Our offer was accepted! We are now the proud new owners of a piece of land with a contract to build a new house :D

Sweet!

(link to image posted so as not to screw up everyone's screen widths)

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Morning to all and to all a good morning.

As previously reported, I headed off to Plattekill in the pissing rain Saturday morning to get in some practice for Sunday's race. Let me just say that I was glad I packed extra shoes, gloves, goggles, etc because I was soaked to the bone by the end of the day...wet diaper feeling and all. It took me several sprays with the hose to knock the several lbs. of mud off my pants...The sport course (fortunately or unfortunately) was the same as last month. Fortunately because it is a good one even when it's wet. Unfortunately: because it's pretty easy technically and I was looking for a bit more of a challenge. Of course riding in the wet (and after it's been chewed up for 2 days) alters the riding a bit!

Race Day was good: it "slightly"dried out..I have red clay on everything, including the underside of my EZ Up. As I spun my bike on the stand and grabbed the rear brake hard: Rooster tail marks splattered under the tent! Yes! There were actually a few more spectators than usual with people yelling/jeering by some of the small drops (it all sounds the same with a full face helmet). I rode OK, didn't fall at all unlike my practice runs, but I rode conservatively and ended up getting 3rd again in the 40 until death sport class. Let's just say that sprinting in the mud sucks, OK?

My friend Jack did his 1st race ever and also ended up getting 3rd by 1 second in the Mens' 30 + beginner class as well.

Afterwards, we loaded up the red clay covered crap into and on top of our trusty Suburu, we headed directly to the local Albany brew haus and chowed and downed a couple of pints of wit each to celebrate.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
'morning everyone.

Our offer was accepted! We are now the proud new owners of a piece of land with a contract to build a new house :D

Sweet!

(link to image posted so as not to screw up everyone's screen widths)
Looks Flexy...

I mean sandy.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I Are Baboon said:
HOORAY! Congratulations! How big is the lot? Looks pretty nice. :)
Almost an acre and a half. Big ol' lot for the area.

It's on the end of a cul de sac, and is a triagular shaped lot - the part we own is narrow up near the cul de sac, and extends outward all the way back to the tree line. Pretty nice lot.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I Are Baboon said:
. Saturday we had cookout at our place with the MS monkey team, but it rained so festivities were moved indoors while I grilled in the rain. But we had lots of beer keeping me dry. Yesterday was the 52 mile MS road ride.

(
:stupid:

suppose to go kayaking tonight

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Morning, all! As BV said, I am pretty excited about my dirt and weeds! :weee: I started a project this weekend. I have a dresser that was my mom's when she was little, which is pretty beat (both the finish and the hardware), so I am refinishing it. I sanded the drawers yesterday, and am doing the frame today. Hopefully I'll get it all stained this weekend and then add the new hardware. I am hoping it turns out ok! Other than that, just a boring day at work, it looks like. I hate slow days. Have a good one, everyone! :D

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Congrats BV and Antimony :)

This morning the bike path was a wildlife refuge. A fox, a cat, a kitten, a rabbit, and about 20 billion birds.

Had a decent weekend. The gig on Friday night was awesome, great crowd and we rocked their faces off. Saturday rained all day and I never left my house. Yesterday was supposed to rain all day too, but I looked outside at about noon and the sun was shining! So I called Tweek, Crashby, and Squid and we did a quick 27 mile road ride. 13 days to the Cutler 24 :devil:

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
stosh said:
.....I mean sandy.

Ya know.....they are right on the coastal plain of NC. I would expect to see a little sand here and there. :clue:

Looks great, BV. If you need roof trusses for that bad boy, give me a holla. It's what we do. We'll hook you up on the efriend-discount.
---------------------------------------------------------

Goood morning, kiddies!!

Not much to report. Moved a friend of my wife's from the boonies to the middle of downtown Durham on Saturday. Had a 40 ft. truck packed to the gill with crap and had to negotiate road-ragers, city traffic, low power-lines and tight streets. My nerves were a wreck afterward. Told my wife "Tomorrow is MY day, dammit. No more volunteering me for stuff for the rest of the weekend."

Turns out, when you get married.....you can say those things---but that doesn't mean she's gonna listen. I think it goes without saying that my Sunday wasn't my day, and that a nice list of honey-do's were waiting for me when I awoke. Love ya, sweetie!!!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
morning all,

SICK ALL weekend with a FVCKING sore throat!!! still on the mend from my cartweel I did last Weds. nights ride also!:rolleyes: My shoulder is still really sore!

Stosh,
when you were talking about your friend last week, and I made a few comments, well on Friday My Bro-Inlaw checked himself into rehab. I am super proud of him, and I just hope he finds the care and direction that he needs. I wish your friend as much luck with his recovery as I do for my Bro.:thumb:

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
I saw Reth and Bob at the Blue Mtn Fat Tire Festival this sunday. Demo'd a Stumpjumper Expert and now must have one. Conditions were slick and my buddy really re-hurt his knee pretty baddly. Spent like two hours hiking with the EMTs to get them out of the woods only to find them at their cars.:nopity:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
brungeman said:
morning all,

SICK ALL weekend with a FVCKING sore throat!!! still on the mend from my cartweel I did last Weds. nights ride also!:rolleyes: My shoulder is still really sore!

Stosh,
when you were talking about your friend last week, and I made a few comments, well on Friday My Bro-Inlaw checked himself into rehab. I am super proud of him, and I just hope he finds the care and direction that he needs. I wish your friend as much luck with his recovery as I do for my Bro.:thumb:
Thanks man!
Good luck to your bro-in law too.
I need to sched a visit to see my friend.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Tame Ape said:
I saw Reth and Bob at the Blue Mtn Fat Tire Festival this sunday. Demo'd a Stumpjumper Expert and now must have one. Conditions were slick and my buddy really re-hurt his knee pretty baddly. Spent like two hours hiking with the EMTs to get them out of the woods only to find them at their cars.:nopity:
:confused:

What exactly happened?

No pics?

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
stosh said:
Thanks man!
Good luck to your bro-in law too.
I need to sched a visit to see my friend.
you may not be able to! a lot of times you cant see them. they are in lockdown except for a few immediate family members!

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
stosh said:
:confused:

What exactly happened?

No pics?
If you hadn't bail't on Beth and Rob, you could have been so close that you would heard the meniscus crap itself as he went over!

edit: My buddy was going over a larger log and his rear wheel slipped pretty severly, causing him to put his left leg down. Problematically the leg didn't stay in alignment when it came down, causing the knee to F itself in the A. He was hurting but seemed to be the mend as this was not a new injury.

J

JRB

Good morning. I would rather be riding than to be here today. Heading to the club meeting after work and hopefully out for urban.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Tame Ape said:
If you hadn't bail't on Beth and Rob, you could have been so close that you would heard the meniscus crap itself as he went over!

edit: My buddy was going over a larger log and his rear wheel slipped pretty severly, causing him to put his left leg down. Problematically the leg didn't stay in alignment when it came down, causing the knee to F itself in the A. He was hurting but seemed to be the mend as this was not a new injury.
I told beth and rob I was interested, I didn't ever say I was going. I didn't even know they were going till Thursday.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
brungeman said:
you may not be able to! a lot of times you cant see them. they are in lockdown except for a few immediate family members!
Oh....
I still need to call his mom and find out exactly what's going on.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
stosh said:
I told beth and rob I was interested, I didn't ever say I was going. I didn't even know they were going till Thursday.
Well, I didn't tell them either! I only PM'd you last minute. No big whoop. I only ran into them at the end on the festival. B said it only took them an hour to get there too and she that he had good time. I guess its more intense then Stewart?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Tame Ape said:
Well, I didn't tell them either! I only PM'd you last minute. No big whoop. I only ran into them at the end on the festival. B said it only took them an hour to get there too and she that he had good time. I guess its more intense then Stewart?
I haven't been on my bike in over a week. I'm crying inside....

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
Hot as hell out here this weekend. It's supposed to be 111F today, not sure what it got up to yesterday but it was pretty brutal. Suffered through a hot-but-great ride with Trainwreck yesterday morning, then as if my ass hadn't been kicked enough the gf "coincidentally" showed up at the trailhead so I busted out a post-ride hike with her.

As for this week... Nothing huge planned. No more Suns games. Goin' to the O.A.R. show on Thursday, and I'm taking a couple of internet classes. Might go riding after work one of these evenings, who knows if I'll have time. Ahh, I love* mondays.

*by love, I mean hate.

Oh, just saw on the news that some lady was bitching about a $115 littering ticket she got for throwing the remainder of her MacDonalds salad out her car window. BEAUTIFUL! For some reason, that brightened my morning.