Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Had an awesome weekend!

Headed to the Fat Tire Festivalon Sun. with Rob and ended up riding almost all day with a friend and an ever-growing group of people. I think we were on the intermediate trails because they were quite ass-kicking -- lots of rocks, logs, ridges and climbing. It was the most challenging trail I've ever done. The area was absolutely beautiful and we ended up running into TA at the end. Other than that, the food was good, band was entertaining and there were tons of sweet demos. I also got a free adjustment from a chiro. who does benefits for the park. After all that riding, my body doesn't feel too bad today. Can't wait to go back!

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Had an awesome weekend!

Headed to the Fat Tire Festivalon Sun. with Rob and ended up riding almost all day with a friend and an ever-growing group of people. I think we were on the intermediate trails because they were quite ass-kicking -- lots of rocks, logs, ridges and climbing. It was the most challenging trail I've ever done. The area was absolutely beautiful and we ended up running into TA at the end. Other than that, the food was good, band was entertaining and there were tons of sweet demos. I also got a free adjustment from a chiro. who does benefits for the park. After all that riding, my body doesn't feel too bad today. Can't wait to go back!

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
bluebug32 said:
Had an awesome weekend!

Pick a date already!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
binary visions said:
'morning everyone.

Our offer was accepted! We are now the proud new owners of a piece of land with a contract to build a new house :D

Sweet!

(link to image posted so as not to screw up everyone's screen widths)

Make sure to put a clause in the contract to have the builder landscape with some table tops and burms.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Westy said:
Make sure to put a clause in the contract to have the builder landscape with some table tops and burms.
I was thinking about picking through the scrap lumber to build some foldable/storable North Shore-style stunts :D

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Afternoon. Not much can be said that hasn't already. Fat Tire was excellent. I demo'd an IH Azure, and it's a hell of a bike. Really nice.

trails were slick and technical, and wore me the hell out. I was fighting to survive near the end of the 11 miles, cramping badly and really tired. It was a blast though.

Now I need to find lunch.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
Afternoon. Not much can be said that hasn't already. Fat Tire was excellent. I demo'd an IH Azure, and it's a hell of a bike. Really nice.

trails were slick and technical, and wore me the hell out. I was fighting to survive near the end of the 11 miles, cramping badly and really tired. It was a blast though.

Now I need to find lunch.
So nobody has pics from the weekend?

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
Weird, I think you were there afterall. I got this pic of you about to pull the HT out of the pickup.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Tame Ape said:
Weird, I think you were there afterall. I got this pic of you about to pull the HT out of the pickup.

]
Don't you have some women's clothing to sell?

J

JRB

stosh said:
I think you made him mad.

Loco, I thought RM asked us not to say things like that.
He also asked us not to insult one another.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
robdamanii said:
I thought you said Blue was easy? Slave labour would have been easier.

Or did our ride leader just try to kill us?
psshaw! You need some hair on that chest boy! If you want hard to the point of frustration, try Ninham.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Tame Ape said:
psshaw! You need some hair on that chest boy! If you want hard to the point of frustration, try Ninham.
My sexy blondeness leads me to be naturally hairless.

I think we were on Ned's Left Lung and Stinger (if I remember any others I'll spit them out). The slick rocks made for...interesting times.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
robdamanii said:
My sexy blondeness leads me to be naturally hairless.

I think we were on Ned's Left Lung and Stinger (if I remember any others I'll spit them out). The slick rocks made for...interesting times.
oh. No one goes UP Neds. Its a total mess! All eroded and gnarly. I haven't touched that particular trail in several years. There are better ways to get to the kindernugget trails in the interior.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco said:
He also asked us not to insult one another.
True!

It's funny, I NEVER comment on people weight. Even when I was more of a light weight than I am now. I just think it's rude, just like commenting when someone is losing thier hair.

J

JRB

stosh said:
True!

It's funny, I NEVER comment on people weight. Even when I was more of a light weight than I am now. I just think it's rude, just like commenting when someone is losing thier hair.
It's totally my fault that I am 15 lbs over weight, but it bugs me a little. It's not like I need some punk kid from NY to be an ass about it though. I think it's just time for me to ignore him. He isn't intelligent enough to have anything useful to say.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
loco said:
edited since sissies in NY can only talk trash, but can't take any back.
See, this is what confuses me, why should I let you insult me and act in an immature manner then allow you to walk away from it? No adult or child gets to change the past, why should you? If you cause a mess, you have to deal with it.

I'm not gay, but calling me a 'fag' is pretty damn insulting and weak. Even you can do better then that...

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Tame Ape said:
oh. No one goes UP Neds. Its a total mess! All eroded and gnarly. I haven't touched that particular trail in several years. There are better ways to get to the kindernugget trails in the interior.
Then our leader WAS trying to kill us.

I don't want kindernugget. But I don't want sweaty, cramping, rack-my-nuts-on-the-stem difficult either.

That reminds me to check my rear brake sometime soon. It was making the most gnarly grinding sound during the second half of the ride.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco said:
It's totally my fault that I am 15 lbs over weight, but it bugs me a little. It's not like I need some punk kid from NY to be an ass about it though. I think it's just time for me to ignore him. He isn't intelligent enough to have anything useful to say.
Actually he is pretty cool and he is pretty intelligent.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
robdamanii said:
Then our leader WAS trying to kill us.

I don't want kindernugget. But I don't want sweaty, cramping, rack-my-nuts-on-the-stem difficult either.

That reminds me to check my rear brake sometime soon. It was making the most gnarly grinding sound during the second half of the ride.
Is it broken in yet? Make sure that the caliper is aligned and then check bolt tension on the whole unit including the rotor.

What did you do with the old brakes? Those Formulas looked pretty trick.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Tame Ape said:
Is it broken in yet? Make sure that the caliper is aligned and then check bolt tension on the whole unit including the rotor.

What did you do with the old brakes? Those Formulas looked pretty trick.
Completely bedded in. I'll check all the bolt tensions and see what the deal is.

I think there's just a lot of s**t in the pads though. There was some sandy crap out there yesterday.

The old J7s? They went on my better half's ride.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
robdamanii said:
Completely bedded in. I'll check all the bolt tensions and see what the deal is.

I think there's just a lot of s**t in the pads though. There was some sandy crap out there yesterday.

The old J7s? They went on my better half's ride.
What was Beth running before? I only used the Juicy's for the first time yesterday and am now in love with them (except for that silly plastic dial).

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Tame Ape said:
What was Beth running before? I only used the Juicy's for the first time yesterday and am now in love with them (except for that silly plastic dial).
HFX9s. I like the K24s due to a little more modulation. Not quite as much top end power as the J7s offered.

The Juicy Carbons have an anodized little red knob instead of a plastic one.