Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I had a pretty good weekend! I painted the house we're moving into most of the weekend. I did however get to squeeze in a ride early Sunday morning. It felt really good to get out and ride again, but boy does being off a bike for 3 weeks put you out of shape quickly.

Hope ya all have a great day!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

Not much in the realm of earth shattering news today. Had a solid ride (road) Sunday morning with a buddy - made a climb I thought would be all but impossible (turned out to be rather easy). Also found a pocket knife that I thought I had lost, which was pretty cool.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh.

Not much in the realm of earth shattering news today. Had a solid ride (road) Sunday morning with a buddy - made a climb I thought would be all but impossible (turned out to be rather easy). Also found a pocket knife that I thought I had lost, which was pretty cool.
pocket knives have a way of doing that.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning, monkeys. Stosh, you're moving into a house? Congrats!! I must have missed that thread/post. Good for you! :)

We had a good, tiring weekend. Saturday I rode Vietnam with Splat, TurnerGrl, PolandSpring88, and a few other folks for 4.5 hours. Yesterday the wife and I did 35 tough road miles....lots of climbing. Aside from riding, we managed to squeeze in wings and beer, we saw the movie "Cars" and we hit up a father's day picnic. I've got that wonderful Monday morning "I kicked my own ass this weekend" fatigue. :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
'Morning, monkeys. Stosh, you're moving into a house? Congrats!! I must have missed that thread/post. Good for you! :)

We had a good, tiring weekend. Saturday I rode Vietnam with Splat, TurnerGrl, PolandSpring88, and a few other folks for 4.5 hours. Yesterday the wife and I did 35 tough road miles....lots of climbing. Aside from riding, we managed to squeeze in wings and beer, we saw the movie "Cars" and we hit up a father's day picnic. I've got that wonderful Monday morning "I kicked my own ass this weekend" fatigue. :)
Was it as f'ing hot up there as it was here?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
stosh said:
Was it as f'ing hot up there as it was here?
Saturday was warm, but not unbearable. Mid-80's. I could have ridden a couple more hours if my water wasn't running low. Yesterday we started our ride at 8:00AM and it was very comfortable. The heat was awful though later in the day (mid 90's).

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning everyone.

Went to Atlanta this weekend to watch a Braves vs. Red Sox game. Sox won, thanks to runs like this one from Ortiz:

We had decent seats, too. Click here for a handheld panorama from our seats (trying not to screw up everyone's page view).

Ate at a nice local brewery. I had a salmon dish with a spicy coconut curry sauce... :drool: Also had a nice beer sampler there.

One last shot... Handheld and braced on the car :dead:. I took some better exposed ones but they weren't as sharp, 3+ second exposure just doesn't work while handholding.

Fun weekend!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
binary visions said:
Went to Atlanta this weekend to watch a Braves vs. Red Sox game. Sox won, thanks to runs like this one from Ortiz:
YYYYYYYEAH, BOIIII! That was cool to hear how loud the Sox fans were at those games. Good job. :)

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
pocket knives have a way of doing that.
I'm usually pretty good about them. This one in particular I've had for 3 years, and this is the first time it had been misplaced. Turned out it was in the pocket of a pair of shorts I don't wear very often.

*phew* - cause it's a good knife that they don't make anymore... a spyderco dyad jr.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I Are Baboon said:
YYYYYYYEAH, BOIIII! That was cool to hear how loud the Sox fans were at those games. Good job. :)
It was crazy. They had huge Red Sox cheers going - it was almost bizarre to see all the TVs and banners showing Braves stuff with all the shouting for the Red Sox going on.

They did, of course, do the tomahawk chop every two minutes once the Braves actually put a couple runs on the board :rolleyes:

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
Buenos Dias a todos. I got a ride in on saturday with some friends who are just getting into the sport. Fireroad from the Blueridge parkway down into the town we live in. Good ride, not too taxing (no pedaling required). I have today off, then I start 5 days of 11 hours a day.....no fun at all. Have a great day monkeys

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
As mentioned previously, had a good ride on Saturday. It was good to meet a few people and it was a solid ride overall. Little rough after having been off the bike for 3 or so weeks, but it was nice to get back out.

Golfed yesterday, and it was absolutely awful. It had to be up in the high 90s with oppressing levels of humidity. You could see the humid haze in the air. At some point I stopped keeping track of my score and just started hitting the ball around trying to survive until I got back to my car.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!

Not a lot to report, I guess. Just an easy-going weekend.

I was out doing some trailwork on Sat. afternoon and got into a yellowjacket nest while digging a new berm. Got stung about 10 times on my legs and back before I could even get out the words "Holy Sh*t!!" They itch like hell today. I look like a crackhead--scratching at every part of my back I can possibly reach.

Watched the Hurricanes get their ass handed to them by the Oilers on Sat. night as well. A real bummer of a day if I do say so myself.

Hung out w/my dad Sunday and watched Phil Mickleson throw away an amazing opportunity at the U.S. Open. Tough to watch that happen to another person, no matter who it is.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
I'm usually pretty good about them. This one in particular I've had for 3 years, and this is the first time it had been misplaced. Turned out it was in the pocket of a pair of shorts I don't wear very often.

*phew* - cause it's a good knife that they don't make anymore... a spyderco dyad jr.

Yeah I know that knife of yours, it's your special Speedie cutting knife.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Greyhound said:
Hung out w/my dad Sunday and watched Phil Mickleson throw away an amazing opportunity at the U.S. Open. Tough to watch that happen to another person, no matter who it is.
That was rough, though I saw it happening. He was missing fairways all day long, something you cannot do in major championships. That and he was far too aggressive considering some of the situations he put himself into. The last hole especially. Why hit driver off the tee? It was extremely disappointing to see it unfold that way. I wish Phil had smartened up.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
binary visions said:
It was crazy. They had huge Red Sox cheers going - it was almost bizarre to see all the TVs and banners showing Braves stuff with all the shouting for the Red Sox going on.

They did, of course, do the tomahawk chop every two minutes once the Braves actually put a couple runs on the board :rolleyes:
The Sox have a pretty good following no matter where they play. I love when they play in Tampa Bay and the Sox fans are much louder than Tampa fans. Of course, part of the reason is because Tampa fans don't go to games. :p It pisses off the Tampa players. The same thing happens in interleague play when the Sox go to Montreal.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
Good Morning!

Not a lot to report, I guess. Just an easy-going weekend.

I was out doing some trailwork on Sat. afternoon and got into a yellowjacket nest while digging a new berm. Got stung about 10 times on my legs and back before I could even get out the words "Holy Sh*t!!" They itch like hell today. I look like a crackhead--scratching at every part of my back I can possibly reach.

Watched the Hurricanes get their ass handed to them by the Oilers on Sat. night as well. A real bummer of a day if I do say so myself.

Your user title should be Trail Rat, all you do is build trails!!!

splat

Nam I am
Morning !!!

Had great Weekend , started friday with the photo Shoot with Mt Bike action . ( hope fully ythey use the 1 or 2 pics that snapped of me riding ) Saturday as said before , Great ride with IAB, Pollandspring , etc and then Yesterday did a Tough road ride , went out with the intention of doing 62 Miles ( 100 KM) and took a very hard route , well it was hot and I ran out of water nad Bonked so I cut it short to 45 miles , then went down to the lake and Kayaked for 2 hours with Wife and Kids. Road the Bike in to work this monrning , only to find the AC is failing here at work, so Went around propping all the doors to the computer room, and labs open and putting fans in them, o fun.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Fri was diner at El Mariachi (my fav local mexican place) then saw 'the breakup'; Jen Anistons naked butt :drool:

Saturday was mount snow, no race for me but I did ride the xc and the super D course, watched the pro xc and some of the pro dual salmon race

Sunday, mtn ride cut short - busted my rear derail., worked on opening the pool, then did a 25 mile road ride

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I Are Baboon said:
The Sox have a pretty good following no matter where they play. I love when they play in Tampa Bay and the Sox fans are much louder than Tampa fans. Of course, part of the reason is because Tampa fans don't go to games. :p It pisses off the Tampa players. The same thing happens in interleague play when the Sox go to Montreal.
Same stuff happens w/ my cubbies. Even when the White Sox were in the Series last year, the announcers talked about the Cubs often. Its great. And everyone has WGN, so there are Cub fans everywhere.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
awesome weekend:

friday night, met friends (some in from LA) @ redbones for beer and ribs. afterwards, caught Espers at PA's Lounge, great set.

sat morn, drag my ass out of bed early to get miles to soccer and let hil sleep in. it's hot. i'm tired and hungover. thankfully, the day's heat lets up and saturday is really nice. don't do too much aside from getting a bike box for my NC trip, and we have some german friends over for dinner, and watch the italy/US world cup game.

sunday, check out the thread in the RR forum for my early morning activities. after t-ball, we made good use of the new deck umbrella and played Uno w/ the boys. grilled some pork chops and made a kickass peach/chipotle salsa. got the kids in bed, then drove down to Cambridge to see MONO. got there a bit later than i wanted to and didn't have that great a camera angle, but i made do. pics will be up later.

sweet! this week should be a breeze too...3 days of work, red sox wed night, off to asheville thurs morn.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. Busy weekend. Glad I'm back at work where I can relax! :p I'm actually riding a bike tonight believe it or not!! Group ride at 6 and I've got the SS with me today. :thumb: After the ride we have a SMBA meeting and BBQ at a friends house. Looking forward to it. :)

Oh, and my central air crapped the bed yesterday....on the hottest day so far this year! :mumble: Gotta call the repair guy in a minute...

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Awesome awesome weekend.

So my Saturday played like this
1. Breakfast with the family.
2. Mountain bike ride with the clan
3. Quick lunch with the family + Father's Day presents. Best gift a keychain with Willow's picture.
4. Emma dropped me off at the bar for the last bit of the Ghana v. Czech Republic game. Then the US v Italy game. MANY MANY MANY beers. Rowdy crowd made it huge fun to watch.

Yesterday
1. Got up early and hit the road for a century. The three of us pushed hard trying for a 20mph average. Good until the last 20, when a sneaky headwind (or the after affects of the nights drinking)slowed us to about 19.2. Still really happy about it.
2. Ate babyback ribs at my parents house until I went into a food coma.

splat

Nam I am
DRB said:
Awesome awesome weekend.

Yesterday
1. Got up early and hit the road for a century. The three of us pushed hard trying for a 20mph average. Good until the last 20, when a sneaky headwind (or the after affects of the nights drinking)slowed us to about 19.2. Still really happy about it.
2. Ate babyback ribs at my parents house until I went into a food coma.
19.2 for a century still isn't too shabby

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
A small miracle occured this weekend. I actually rode a bike. :) Twice! :eek: All on the road, though. About 35 miles on Friday after work and about 67 miles on Sunday. Yesterday was slow as although I felt pretty good, I'm so out of shape this year I took it really easy on the climbs - and Sunday's ride had about 4 climbs of over a mile. I paid attention to not going anaerobic and as a result, my legs don't really feel sore today, but instead have that really nice "spent" feeling. :thumb:

Nothing like starting your base-training 6 months late... :rolleyes:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
Thanks, man!

"Trail Rat" I like it. :)
Sweet, I've never given someone a user title.

Anyway how is your knee? (it was your knee right?)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Ian F said:
A small miracle occured this weekend. I actually rode a bike. :) Twice! :eek: All on the road, though. About 35 miles on Friday after work and about 67 miles on Sunday. Yesterday was slow as although I felt pretty good, I'm so out of shape this year I took it really easy on the climbs - and Sunday's ride had about 4 climbs of over a mile. I paid attention to not going anaerobic and as a result, my legs don't really feel sore today, but instead have that really nice "spent" feeling. :thumb:

Nothing like starting your base-training 6 months late... :rolleyes:
Ha, awesome man! Glad to hear you were on a bike!

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Morning.

Went home for father's day. Not much went on. I got a nifty Magic Hat #9 tap for my dad for father's day, and it was the king item of the day.

Other than that, I picked up my laptop and did some work around the house. I came home to a lot of notes to go through for today's exams and a $638 bill for the ER in april. Insurance paid $199.54 to this point. I sent them the information they requested, but have heard nothing for a month. No EOBs, no denials, NOTHING. I'm so pissed I just want to get ahold of an adjuster and bite them in the face. :mumble:

Oh yeah, and I've got exams all week. Going to be a wonderful week.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Ian F said:
You an me both. I have two goals for this year. A century at a decent pace and an XC race or two towards the end of the season.
Cool deal man!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
Morning.

Went home for father's day. Not much went on. I got a nifty Magic Hat #9 tap for my dad for father's day, and it was the king item of the day.

Other than that, I picked up my laptop and did some work around the house. I came home to a lot of notes to go through for today's exams and a $638 bill for the ER in april. Insurance paid $199.54 to this point. I sent them the information they requested, but have heard nothing for a month. No EOBs, no denials, NOTHING. I'm so pissed I just want to get ahold of an adjuster and bite them in the face. :mumble:

Oh yeah, and I've got exams all week. Going to be a wonderful week.
Sounds like a fun week! :)

Insurance sucks!! I'm still dealing with crap from my accident.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
Fun like a stomach pump.

You dealing with health or auto?
Auto, but it's just them getting the money from the person who caused the accident. I didn't sue or anything, I just want my deductable.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
you haveto get the Money from the person who caused teh accident or teh insurance company of said person ?
the insurance company of the person who caused the accident.