Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh - congrats on the cruiser. Looks pretty nice.

Not much going on today - supposed to rain forever, so it looks like I'll be off the bike for a while.

Sunday I spent some quality time pampering my bikes. I finally took the time to clean the Yeti (after Friday's sloppy ride, it definitely needed it) and tune up both bikes. After 700+ miles, the Jamis was due.

Yesterday, I did about 35 miles on the road. I went out with a buddy who's trying to get back in shape after braking his foot. It was good to log the miles, but damn was it a slow ride.

I've got a 50+ miler planned for as soon as I can get out for a few hours.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning! The wife and I had a fun weekend in Vermont despite the rain. We managed to squeeze in a road ride and a mountain bike ride between storms. We also enjoyed a cookout, did some shopping, ate pizza and drank beer, and went to the Greyhound track in Hinsdale, NH and bet on some dog races. Overall a very fun weekend...the way all weekends should be.

And WTF is with all the rain in the northeast this year? Seems like EVERY SINGLE WEEKEND it rains.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning stosh. Had a nice weekend with my dad coming down to visit. Drove around to show him the sights, ate at a couple nice places, talked a lot... Good times. It was nice to see him again, haven't seen him since Christmas.

Got this picture that reminded me a bit of robdamanii's avatar.

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
Had an uneventful w/e as well as it basically rained both days. Got my g/f's '73 Volvo back together (installed freshly balanced driveshaft). Put the lawn mower back together... did a bunch of laundry. About the only thing cycling related was I washed all of my cycling clothes, including my DH gear. :rolleyes:

Hoping to squeeze in a road ride or two in between the rain drops this week.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
'morning stosh. Had a nice weekend with my dad coming down to visit. Drove around to show him the sights, ate at a couple nice places, talked a lot... Good times. It was nice to see him again, haven't seen him since Christmas.

Got this picture that reminded me a bit of robdamanii's avatar.

Makes me want to buy insurance!

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Morning.

Driving back last night was BRUTAL. The rain was torrential from Highland to Ithaca, and was so hard at times I had to slow down to 40 mph. Unbelievable.

Other than that, it's going to be a busy week packing for Vermont and doing my laundry/cleaning my house before I leave. To top it off, I've got 2 exams this week, so it's going to be an intersting week.

And BV, I love that picture. May be a new avatar in the future.

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Morning! Had fun with Papa BV this weekend. My parents and brother come down Friday and stay through the long weekend! :weee: Woohoo! I am excited to have a couple days off next week, and to see the fam.

splat

Nam I am
Morning ! Rain Sucks!

I got a whole 4 miles of road riding in this weekend, I decided I was riding to work today rain or no rain. was raining , roads were wet , and it is threatening looking.

But I took the time this weekend , to swap out rear wheels on my FSR XC, take the fork off of my Rockhopper and put it on my Rocky Mt. patch about 30+ tubes.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I spent saturday around motorcycles...

The humidity was oppressive over the weekend.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
douglas said:
I did a century over the w/e, it was a freakin awesome good time

I submitted a ride report but it has yet to be posted :wonky2:
Ride Reports mods not doing their jobs. I think it's time to hand out some moderator pink slips.

:D

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I Are Baboon said:
Ride Reports mods not doing their jobs. I think it's time to hand out some moderator pink slips.

:D
Yeahhh... where is narlus anyway? :think:

His SOTD never came back after he came back from the trip.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Nice cruiser Stosh- classic.

stevew- thanks for the bike pics!

Did see one thing of interest on the ride yesterday, there was a sahuaro across the trail that had been struck by lightning.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning all! Busy weekend! Friday night the fam went to the Six Flags up the road. It was employee appreciation night and our baby-sitter who works there invited us to bring the kids up. So we spent from 6:30-8:30 riding all the rides, playing games, eating, etc. for free! It was a lot of fun. Sat. I had to drop my truck off at the shop @ 8am ($600 worth of work....OUCH!! :mumble: ) and then I went out for a 43 mile ride. I was about 30 miles in when work called and said they needed me to come in, so I pedaled my ass home and drove into work to fix an issue. That's the last time I take the phone with me on a ride!! :mad: Got home from that and the neighbors invited us up to their lake house to go swimming and out on the boat, etc... The weather was beautiful and Lake George was hoppin! Damn I want to get a boat! We were supposed to go to a graduation party after that, but we were whooped and the kids were exhausted so we went home. Yesterday we went up to my parents and swam in the pool and BBQ'd. I got a nasty sun burn....it hurts! :( Busiest weekend we've had in a while!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Trainwreck said:

Did see one thing of interest on the ride yesterday, there was a sahuaro across the trail that had been struck by lightning.

ROFL, around here a scene like that is usually because of a fallen tree, not a cactus.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Hi there!!

Good weekend. It rained for most of it, but it was still nice to chill and not do too much. Got some new speakers for the computer at home and spent many hours just jamming out to internet radio and burning some CD's.

The garden is producing much veggies.....we're currently drowning in peppers and corn. Tomatoes should be this week and next along with tons of squash and zucchini.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
Hi there!!

Good weekend. It rained for most of it, but it was still nice to chill and not do too much. Got some new speakers for the computer at home and spent many hours just jamming out to internet radio and burning some CD's.

The garden is producing much veggies.....we're currently drowning in peppers and corn. Tomatoes should be this week and next along with tons of squash and zucchini.
I'm so jealous! I can't wait till I'm able to have a garden. Right now I rent an apartment and to have a large enough garden to make it worth the work would be allowed by my landlords.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Ian F said:
Nice! Were I to get a motorcycle, something like that Norton would be my first choice.
I wish I had taken a picture of the guy riding it. He was about 6'4". He had a hard time riding it comfortably.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Trainwreck said:

wow hahaha looks like what we have everywhere on the east coast only that one has a bit more consequence...

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
Trainwreck said:
Please tell me you just bunny-hopped over that thing...

I had a pretty busy weekend over here; nothing of interest besides a 26-mile ride on the road yesterday morning. This week I'll be busy electro-shocking fish in a creek up north Tuesday - Thursday, and then Thursday night heading up to Flag to see String Cheese Incident and camping througout the weekend.

Train- has Kristi come up with a Plan B for this weekend? What a bummer, I was psyched!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Had plenty of rain this weekend but the sun shined long enough to get in a good ride on Saturday and a nice hike yesterday. Actually we really needed the rain. Has been so dry here the trails are have no traction from the dust on concrete like clay effect.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
MMcG said:
I'm jealous of all you upstate NYers who had a sunny weekend.
Some of us upstaters were not that lucky. I drove right into the storm to visit the Mom-in-Law in Long Line Land, NY: poured all the way there, poured all day Sat and Sunday, poured all the way home. Rode Sat/Sun in the rain on My rusting Steelhead...While I had a good time, I wished I was at Whiteface's opening day...bet they had awesome weather....

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
binary visions said:
Yeahhh... where is narlus anyway? :think:

His SOTD never came back after he came back from the trip.
It did but he went on another trip..... or at least he claims to have gone on another trip.

Had a good weekend. Ended up doing 60 on the road yesterday but it was miserable. It would rain, then the sun would come out, then it would rain and the sun would come out. I was both water logged and sun burnt. On the last big climb, I was giving it an all out effort and gapped the guys I was riding with by 50 yards or so. Then a bug the size of a raven decided to fly in my mouth. Tried to spit it out but I swear to God it was trying to crawl down the back of my throat. So then I freaked out, jumped off the bike and got into hand to hand combat with the bug in my mouth. Finally I was able to get it out of my mouth. I threw it on the ground and tried to kill it but missed it twice and it flew away......

I refuse to talk about it anymore as it was traumatic and I'm not sure I ever want to go outdoors again.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
DRB said:
It did but he went on another trip..... or at least he claims to have gone on another trip.

Had a good weekend. Ended up doing 60 on the road yesterday but it was miserable. It would rain, then the sun would come out, then it would rain and the sun would come out. I was both water logged and sun burnt. On the last big climb, I was giving it an all out effort and gapped the guys I was riding with by 50 yards or so. Then a bug the size of a raven decided to fly in my mouth. Tried to spit it out but I swear to God it was trying to crawl down the back of my throat. So then I freaked out, jumped off the bike and got into hand to hand combat with the bug in my mouth. Finally I was able to get it out of my mouth. I threw it on the ground and tried to kill it but missed it twice and it flew away......

I refuse to talk about it anymore as it was traumatic and I'm not sure I ever want to go outdoors again.
I bought a pair of socks with your avatar on them.

And how did you miss stomping a bug that was glued to the ground with spit?

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Got in some good riding this weekend.

A 2:30 mountain bike ride on Saturday that was cut short do a localized rain storm that stayed over the trails(and only the trails) all morning.:mumble: Then s trip to the museum with the kiddos in the afternoon.

Sunday I set out on a three hour voyage to scout some new roads for riding on. Well a three mile stretch on mapquest turned into a sometimes technical eight mile dirt road. Good thing I didn't let Loco talk me into swapping the 37cc cross tires for some 25 cc road tires. That would have really sucked. Four hours after my start I finally returned home.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
good morning Monkeys, it feels like forever since i've posted in here...
between working nights and work in general, throw in the puppy and part 2 of the deck... life has been a little hectic... but no complaints.. im just happy july is coming.. that means Diablo will be open daily!!!!!

hope everyone is doing ok and enjoy the day

I get to play hooky from work today and wait for my trex decking to come

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Morning! Another hot day out! I had to great days of riding - couple pics and some words about them in my blog.

This morning when I rode in, it was already hot. Woohoo

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Sup yall. Had a fun weekend except one part.

Friday was band camp, all good. Saturday I went to check out the Rochester Crit, that was freakin' awesome. A bunch of people I work with did really well, and the pros were freakin' insane.

Then on the way home from the crit, I was driving along minding my own biz, both windows down cuz it was an awesome night, this white SUV flies by going like 80. Didn't really think too much of it, but noticed. All the sudden I hear this CRUNCH, and the SUV starts swerving all over, and I see something big sliding all over the road, sparks everywhere. I thought maybe it was part of a car or something, so I swerve to miss it and I see it's a motorcycle. From my passenger window I hear a dude yelling in pain, so I pull over and call 911. Stuck around till the cops got there, just to make sure they knew that the stupid bitch was going WAY too fast and basically ran right into the back of the biker. She was whining about how her baby was in the car and she got distracted. HOW ABOUT IF YOU'RE DISTRACTED DON'T DRIVE 80 BITCH! They took the dude away on a stretcher, looked like he would live but I'm guessing concussion, broken leg, and some sort of neck injury. NOT what I wanted to see after such an awesome day :(

Then Sunday I had a nice trail ride to clear my head, worked like a charm :thumb:

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
macko said:
Please tell me you just bunny-hopped over that thing...

Train- has Kristi come up with a Plan B for this weekend? What a bummer, I was psyched!
Macko- The thought occurred but the penalty for failure was a little more than I was willing to chance.

Plan B seems to be a reschedule for August (it should be raining daily up there by then).

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
Echo said:
Sup yall. Had a fun weekend except one part.
Damn... just damn... at least the guy wasn't hurt too bad...

And to think the helmet laws in PA were repealed... THIS is why you wear 'em... because of idiots driving too fast and not paying attention... :redhot: :mumble:

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Ian F said:
Damn... just damn... at least the guy wasn't hurt too bad...

And to think the helmet laws in PA were repealed... THIS is why you wear 'em... because of idiots driving too fast and not paying attention... :redhot: :mumble:
I shudder to think what that dude would have looked like if he hadn't been wearing a helmet.

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
Mornin' (or afternoon) Stosh...another waterlogged weekend. The most exciting thing I did (aside from harrass Emu & Bluebug) was put in new ceiling fans. One in the bathroom and one in the bedroom. The one in the bedroom was a bitch and I quickly remembered how important it is to cut the breaker when playing with electricity.:hot:

It's quarter close and work will suck all week (and next week). I expect lots of booze consumption.