Quantcast

@@@Good Monday Morning!@@@

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
f'in awesome weekend. hung out w/ good friends i'd not seen in a while, hit up some sweet DH runs, had some great food and wine, tons of laughs, no big crashes, and picked up my road bike. total success. the only slight downer was that my family couldn't make it.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
We went to VT and rode twice, drank beer, did some shopping and ate some food. My only regret is that the rides weren't longer.

Damn does Vermont have some good road climbs. You know it's a good climb when you're bent over sucking wind when you reach the top.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Saturday I played a nice golf course. Shot a 3 over par 75. Lowered my handicap to slightly over a 2. Well done I would say.

Sunday it was my birthday. 20 years old. My parents gave me some new golf shoes and a propane torch. It was a good time.

Had a terrible time sleeping last night. Tossed and turned and finally got up around 4 since I could no longer stay in bed. Came in to work early, and will more than likely be dead tired tonight.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning,

Been way too busy to post of late. Silly work thing. Speaking of...I wasn't looking but had someone contact me with a position that they wanted me to submit a resume for. I have an interview on Wednesday. Guess I'll see what they have to offer and if my present manager wants to counter their offer. Kind of looks like a possible win/win either way.

Did all night riding this weekend. One of the local county parks opened their trails for a full moon ride. We had quite a few people show up and had a great ride.

Narlus, anxious to check out that Galaxie 500 tune.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good morning all! I have been up with the baby since 5:15am :eek: Aparently, she had decided to boycott sleeping and play all day...unfortunately I didn't get the memo but all is well thus far. Had a nice weekend that included a great solo mtb ride on Friday night. I was hauling ass and having so much fun I didn't even notice that I had a broken spoke :clue: Saturday we had a wedding to go to and on our way home, stopped for Chinese and a walk through town to watch the fireworks. Syd seems to love fireworks as she was wide-eyed and laughing at them throughout the whole show. Sunday we drank a few beers, floated around in the pool and basically accomplished nothing.

Road ride tonight to my folks house and tomorrow I plan on commuting half way to Schenectady for my lessons. Should be interesting.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Yo. I rocked Panorama all weekend and it was good. I tried some clipless pedals on the DH bike and it was also good. Skinnies were a bit unnerving, but it wasn't too much of an issue.

I'm working from today..:thumb:

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Yo all.

Got some good XC riding in on Fri night by myself and with Maureen on Saturday.

Sunday I woke up early and a bit sick, but headed out to Mt. Snow to do race #2 in their DH series. Despite getting stuck behind local sunday drivers, made it to the Mountain by 8:15 and got in 3 practice runs before racing began.

The course was one of the better courses I have ridden there - incorporated pieces of the old sport course, the latest Super D course and part of the pro course, plus a lof of fast off camber ski slope with wide turns and tons of braking bumps.

My class (40+ sport) was actually a lot more competetive than I have had at Platty - the 1st and 2nd dudes were 50+ were blazing! the winner had a 4:06 time, which was good by 40+ expert times. I managed an OK run - bobbled in one turn and picked a safe but slow line in the last rock garden and took 4th place out of 8 or so old dudes.

Narlus - How was Jiminy Peak?

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
morning Yinz guys and girls!

all week last week was landscaping at my parents getting ready for Emma's 2nd birthday party.

Sat. Emma's party, and we had a great time, she opened a bunch of gifts and as she was distracted I got my gift to her out of my van, and put it in the driveway. As she finished with all of the gifts I said "I think you forgot something up in the driveway..." she looked up and said "no..." (she didn't see it) I said " yeah go up and check..." she took 2 steps and saw it started running screaming "BIIIIIKE" I almost bust into tears! and now when we are at home all she wants to do is go to "Papa Tom's"...."Bike" it is awesome!

Sunday, Trail work at a local park food drink... then ride.... then more food and BEEEER:drool: then off to my parents to watch Emma ride her bike!

life is good!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
brungeman said:
morning Yinz guys and girls!

all week last week was landscaping at my parents getting ready for Emma's 2nd birthday party.

Sat. Emma's party, and we had a great time, she opened a bunch of gifts and as she was distracted I got my gift to her out of my van, and put it in the driveway. As she finished with all of the gifts I said "I think you forgot something up in the driveway..." she looked up and said "no..." (she didn't see it) I said " yeah go up and check..." she took 2 steps and saw it started running screaming "BIIIIIKE" I almost bust into tears! and now when we are at home all she wants to do is go to "Papa Tom's"...."Bike" it is awesome!

Sunday, Trail work at a local park food drink... then ride.... then more food and BEEEER:drool: then off to my parents to watch Emma ride her bike!

life is good!
:thumb: I hope you captured her excitement either on film or video.

kindtrails

Monkey
May 23, 2006
Humboldt
I REALIZED THE BEST WAY TO START THE WEEK IS TO ROLL OUT OF BED AT 530A AND GO FOR A RIDE BY THE RIVER BEFORE WORK! IT WAS FOGGING CATS AND DOGS, BUT IT WAS NICE UNDER THE REDWOODS! iT IS GOING TO BE A GREAT WEEK!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
kindtrails said:
I REALIZED THE BEST WAY TO START THE WEEK IS TO ROLL OUT OF BED AT 530A AND GO FOR A RIDE BY THE RIVER BEFORE WORK! IT WAS FOGGING CATS AND DOGS, BUT IT WAS NICE UNDER THE REDWOODS! iT IS GOING TO BE A GREAT WEEK!
THAT IS A GREAT FEELING!

oops I just realized i was e-shouting cause my caps lock was on!

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
I'm rolling around bed in pain, I called in sick today. I was contemplating riding, but it rained a crap load last night and if I took a fall, it could be over.
So today I'm shipping out a bike, and playing with my new cell phone.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Morning! I'm guessing Stosh is still passed out from his party...

Had a great weekend! Did my first race on Sun. at Stewart in Campmor's H2H series. It was definitely challenging, but I'm just glad I finished! I passed a bunch of people early on and then was knocked down when someone swerved when I was passing them. I have a little battle scar and am really sore this morning, but I finished with a decent time and have caught the race bug for sure!

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Sup y'all. Went to Diablo this weekend with Tweek, man they REALLY have that place dialed this year. My new favorite drop on the planet is the Phantom drop, followed closely by the Road To Nowhere drop. They aren't huge but damn they sure are fun. The Dom's Denial drop looks big in pictures but in actuality it's tiny. Still fun though. No major wrecks and my wrist survived the day with only a little soreness. My Nicolai rode like a dream, damn I love that bike. :thumb:

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Morning monkeys

Went downstate for the weekend. Rode at Stewart friday after being stung by a bee. Apparently I had a little reaction to the venom, but a benadryl and a good night's sleep took care of it.

Saturday we went south to pick up beth's new guinea pig (which is very cute) and we basically relaxed and did nothing. We cleaned up the bikes and lubed them up for sunday before heading for an early bedtime.

Sunday we rode our first race. Lots of fun, and the race course was deceivingly hilly. Lots of hammering (actually, the entire course was a hammer fest). Lost my lunch after sprinting up the last long climb to the finish line. I'm pleased that I finished and not at the tail end of the pack.

Today...very sore, very tired, for some reason, very thirsty.

splat

Nam I am
Morning !!!!!
wooo Hoo I'm On Vacation

Up in New london NH at the In laws
and I started out By going over to Henniker and Pre riding Pats Peak this morning !!

More to Follow in ride 24 HR racing

after lunch we we leave for the Kingdom trails woo hoooo

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Echo said:
Sup y'all. Went to Diablo this weekend with Tweek, man they REALLY have that place dialed this year. My new favorite drop on the planet is the Phantom drop, followed closely by the Road To Nowhere drop. They aren't huge but damn they sure are fun. The Dom's Denial drop looks big in pictures but in actuality it's tiny. Still fun though. No major wrecks and my wrist survived the day with only a little soreness. My Nicolai rode like a dream, damn I love that bike. :thumb:
Sweet! We were bummed we couldn't make it. Sq-Earl's going to be "ill" soon so we can hit those trails mid-week :thumb:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
splat said:
Morning !!!!!
wooo Hoo I'm On Vacation

Up in New london NH at the In laws
and I started out By going over to Henniker and Pre riding Pats Peak this morning !!

More to Follow in ride 24 HR racing

after lunch we we leave for the Kingdom trails woo hoooo
So, how was the course?

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
afternoon all...not a very exciting weekend. More house painting. Went for a ride yesterday but rear cassette is all f'd up and kept skipping links. Got very annoying. And then the chain started jumping onto the chain stays and locking up. Needless to say, we are visiting Bikeway today.

Oh yeah, and turned down a job offer today...

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
dogwonder said:
afternoon all...not a very exciting weekend. More house painting. Went for a ride yesterday but rear cassette is all f'd up and kept skipping links. Got very annoying. And then the chain started jumping onto the chain stays and locking up. Needless to say, we are visiting Bikeway today.

Oh yeah, and turned down a job offer today...
Was that what was wrong with it on Friday?

We need to get back to Stewart in short order to do some more riding.

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
robdamanii said:
Was that what was wrong with it on Friday?

We need to get back to Stewart in short order to do some more riding.
Yeah, but the problem progressed from Friday. Friday it was just a little skipping of links. Yesterday we played the chain over chainstay game which is MUCH more annoying. There is nothing like being in mid-crank and have the whole drivetrain lock up.

Absolutely on Stewart. This weekend I'm out of town but there are plenty of days left before the summer is out.

Edit: Did you feel better yesterday? Your report seems to suggest it, minus the vomit of course.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
dogwonder said:
Yeah, but the problem progressed from Friday. Friday it was just a little skipping of links. Yesterday we played the chain over chainstay game which is MUCH more annoying. There is nothing like being in mid-crank and have the whole drivetrain lock up.

Absolutely on Stewart. This weekend I'm out of town but there are plenty of days left before the summer is out.

Edit: Did you feel better yesterday? Your report seems to suggest it, minus the vomit of course.
I felt pretty good. Lungs were good and clear (burned like hell from the exhertion, but that's all).

I spent 82% of the race right around LT, and topped 208 max HR on the final sprint. Then I puked up my raspberry hammer gel and some banana right next to the Campmor van.

I now know what they mean when they say "leave it all out on the trail".

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
robdamanii said:
I felt pretty good. Lungs were good and clear (burned like hell from the exhertion, but that's all).

I spent 82% of the race right around LT, and topped 208 max HR on the final sprint. Then I puked up my raspberry hammer gel and some banana right next to the Campmor van.

I now know what they mean when they say "leave it all out on the trail".
Please tell me there are photos. That would be priceless. What was your final time?

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
dogwonder said:
Please tell me there are photos. That would be priceless. What was your final time?
There are photos somewhere that the race promoters took. I'll e-mail George and see if he has them. No pics of the raspberry-banana smoothie I created though.

Final time was 0:46:10 for 7.4 miles. There were some people that posted 36 or 37 minutes leading my class. Funny thing...they've been top 3 in most of the races so far...:think:

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
bluebug32 said:
Had a great weekend! Did my first race on Sun. at Stewart in Campmor's H2H series.
Congrats on your first race!

This weekend I did some riding and some house cleaning. I'm taking one of my co-workers out for a ride along some bike paths tonight...this will be her thrid ride and she seems excited, so it should be fun.

Have a good day everyone! :)

fubar5

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
Houston, TX
Hey guys!

I raced yesterday and got first place in the sport 29 and under class. It was a fantastic race. The course was a 6 mile loop, and we had a 1.5 hour cut off time which was just enough to get in 3 laps. The really cool part is I raced on my cro-mo rigid singlespeed.

Today I am still feeling a little warm and fuzzy, but that is fading way to quickly because I have a test on Wednesday that I am not prepared for in any way shape or form.

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
robdamanii said:
There are photos somewhere that the race promoters took. I'll e-mail George and see if he has them. No pics of the raspberry-banana smoothie I created though.

Final time was 0:46:10 for 7.4 miles. There were some people that posted 36 or 37 minutes leading my class. Funny thing...they've been top 3 in most of the races so far...:think:
Nice time, that's moving at a good clip. And I'm seriously disappointed there are no pics of the banana raspberry smoothie.