Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
stosh said:
awesome pics! Was it overcast?
Yep. Not really overcast, actually, but very hazy skies. That, combined with the bright sun, gave the completely uniform backdrop.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
stosh said:
Ha, I can't wait to post a pic of our cake.

Did you guys take any pics?
BTW how did OCC go yesterday?
We took most of them on the disposable camera at the table

OCC was fun. Can't believe I've never been there. We grabbed some pizza with Ray and Devon afterward and sent them on their way. Rob and I had a great weekend and it was fun hanging out with you and your family.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
stosh said:
Ha, awesome! Got any pics?
Pics? It might have been THE BONK but I think that if that old dude could've got his hands on me he might've killed me. He was seriously pissed. But then again he might have been offering me some ice and I was just hallucinating his anger. Its really hard to say at this point.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
macko said:
Stosh, that's a good lookin' bride you've got yourself there...if you don't mind me saying so.

Here's the real question: Did your best man hammered and make an ass of himself at the reception?
My best man was a huge asset to the wedding.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
DRB said:
Pics? It might have been THE BONK but I think that if that old dude could've got his hands on me he might've killed me. He was seriously pissed. But then again he might have been offering me some ice and I was just hallucinating his anger. Its really hard to say at this point.
Ha, that would have been funny to see!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
We took most of them on the disposable camera at the table

OCC was fun. Can't believe I've never been there. We grabbed some pizza with Ray and Devon afterward and sent them on their way. Rob and I had a great weekend and it was fun hanging out with you and your family.
It was fun grilling Rob on disecting bodies.

We had a blast with you guys and both Aubrey and I said it was nice to have such great friends!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
Likewise :)

We felt pretty silly yesterday because we never realized you had a sister!
I get that a lot.
Did she talk to you or something?

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!

Spent the weekend just relaxing. The heat was opressive.......could not find the motivation to do much of anything. Played a little golf on Saturday with some old friends, but that was about it.

Congrats, stosh!! You both look happy and relieved. :cool:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
Good Morning!

Spent the weekend just relaxing. The heat was opressive.......could not find the motivation to do much of anything. Played a little golf on Saturday with some old friends, but that was about it.

Congrats, stosh!! You both look happy and relieved. :cool:
Yeah this huge weight was lifted off our shoulders.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
I thought she was a friend of yours and then she started calling your mom, "mom" and I was like, "huh??" I've known about your brother, but I swear you've never mentioned her.
Yeah well that and she looks like me.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Yo all.

Got to Jiminy Peak by 2 on Saturday - just in time to get caught in the LONGEST lift line I had seen there ever. Did a few solo runs before it deluged - total whiteout conditions on the lift up! It was nice to see tons of "Pedroites" trying out a little bit of DH! The dude on the lift in front of me kept cheering louder and louder as it rain increased in his face - I was glad someone was motivated to ride. Rain runs were great, actually. They washed all the mud off the rocks and I rode the streams down!

Sunday was even better - got in a few muddy runs with my wife, then hit up the Sinister bikes skill clinic and got schooled in making fast turns , picking lines and hopping steel water pipes by Mickey, FTW and Jamie Ford - awesome people, lemme tell you. The clinic at some point turned into a "let's ride as fast as we can" group ride which was good for my slow ass until I wiped out pretty hard on a hip jump. The sound of my carbon fiber helmet grinding across small rocks is a very unusual sound to say the least.

The trails tacked up and I hooked up again with my wife and a childhhood friend of hers who also got into DH'ing - they ran into each other on the lift line! Small world - so we did a few more runs until the lift closed and then drank good old 'Merican budweiser in the lot.

Killed my shoulder, all my pivots and I have no back brake/brake fluid left at all - all worthy losses for such a good time.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
CONGRATULATIONS to you and Aubrey! Definitely post up some more pics for us too! I'm glad to hear that everything went well (as planned).

I had an AWESOME weekend with my hubby & daughter. Friday night was my brother's birthday so I made him a cake (I'll find a pic later) and we had a BBQ. Saturday morning Sq-Earl and I hit the roads with our road bikes and did a nice 22 mile ride. Then, on Sunday we decided to hit Jiminy Peak for the day. It was slick and the first couple of runs saw me on the ground almost as much as I was on my bike. (see ride reports for a little more detail).

Today I am teaching some lessons and hanging with the baby before I lead a women's XC ride this evening.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Jim Mac said:
Yo all.

Got to Jiminy Peak by 2 on Saturday - just in time to get caught in the LONGEST lift line I had seen there ever. Did a few solo runs before it deluged - total whiteout conditions on the lift up! It was nice to see tons of "Pedroites" trying out a little bit of DH! The dude on the lift in front of me kept cheering louder and louder as it rain increased in his face - I was glad someone was motivated to ride. Rain runs were great, actually. They washed all the mud off the rocks and I rode the streams down!

Sunday was even better - got in a few muddy runs with my wife, then hit up the Sinister bikes skill clinic and got schooled in making fast turns , picking lines and hopping steel water pipes by Mickey, FTW and Jamie Ford - awesome people, lemme tell you. The clinic at some point turned into a "let's ride as fast as we can" group ride which was good for my slow ass until I wiped out pretty hard on a hip jump. The sound of my carbon fiber helmet grinding across small rocks is a very unusual sound to say the least.

The trails tacked up and I hooked up again with my wife and a childhhood friend of hers who also got into DH'ing - they ran into each other on the lift line! Small world - so we did a few more runs until the lift closed and then drank good old 'Merican budweiser in the lot.

Killed my shoulder, all my pivots and I have no back brake/brake fluid left at all - all worthy losses for such a good time.
What do you ride? We were at J-Peak on Sunday too. I was going to look for monkeys but realized I didn't know what they rode :clue:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
TreeSaw said:
Sunday we decided to hit Jiminy Peak for the day. It was slick and the first couple of runs saw me on the ground almost as much as I was on my bike. (see ride reports for a little more detail).
Poop. :( The main reason I didn't go on Sunday is because I didn't feel like riding down alone. Wish I had known you guys were going.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
McGRP01 said:
Poop. :( The main reason I didn't go on Sunday is because I didn't feel like riding down alone. Wish I had known you guys were going.
We decided pretty last minute and it worked out. There were tons of people there....had to wait in lift lines! We got there at lunch time and the lift (big one) closed at 5pm so we didn't get too many runs in. I am working on breaking in my new DH bike. It's definitely different than my Iron Horse.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
TreeSaw said:
What do you ride? We were at J-Peak on Sunday too. I was going to look for monkeys but realized I didn't know what they rode :clue:
Blue Kona Stab. I hope it makes it through the rest of the season! I also busted out an old BMX Mesh "Clifton Park Sports" Jersey I found in the back of my clothes drawer for a little bit more of a local effect! I also spent most of the day in the Sinister clinic, which was mostly up top.

What were you riding, Treesaw? Tigg, you should have come!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
CONGRATULATIONS to you and Aubrey! Definitely post up some more pics for us too! I'm glad to hear that everything went well (as planned).

I had an AWESOME weekend with my hubby & daughter. Friday night was my brother's birthday so I made him a cake (I'll find a pic later) and we had a BBQ. Saturday morning Sq-Earl and I hit the roads with our road bikes and did a nice 22 mile ride. Then, on Sunday we decided to hit Jiminy Peak for the day. It was slick and the first couple of runs saw me on the ground almost as much as I was on my bike. (see ride reports for a little more detail).

Today I am teaching some lessons and hanging with the baby before I lead a women's XC ride this evening.
Yeah we have only gotten a few pics so far. We barely took any so we're relying on other people to e-mail them to us.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Tame Ape said:
We can share. I know for a fact that there is more then enough of Stosh to go around.
I feel so honored!

Beth, we can always set up another Montgomery day/ride weekend.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
McGRP01 said:
Next time you want to go, drive down to my house and we can carpool. I am close to the 90/87 interchange - perfect Jiminy "meet up" point!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Jim Mac said:
Blue Kona Stab. I hope it makes it through the rest of the season! I also busted out an old BMX Mesh "Clifton Park Sports" Jersey I found in the back of my clothes drawer for a little bit more of a local effect! I also spent most of the day in the Sinister clinic, which was mostly up top.

What were you riding, Treesaw? Tigg, you should have come!
I was on my Black Yeti AS-X and my husband was on his Red Bullit. I was wearing my Trailblazers (red & yellow flames) jersey and Sq-Earl had his Thor jersey on. You may have seen me in a heap of mud a few times throughout the day ;) My bike and I were having some disagreements with a couple of sharp, slick turns :p

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
stosh said:
Yeah we have only gotten a few pics so far. We barely took any so we're relying on other people to e-mail them to us.
I definitely know the feeling. We didn't take any of our own wedding pics. Friends and family and the photographer (my Uncle's friend) gave us lots though.

Edit: I'm looking forward to seeing the cake too :D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
I definitely know the feeling. We didn't take any of our own wedding pics. Friends and family and the photographer (my Uncle's friend) gave us lots though.

Edit: I'm looking forward to seeing the cake too :D
Actually the cake topper rocked and you should be looking forward to it. Hopefully people got some good pics of the old bikes we used as well.