Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

Miss me? :)

I had a great honeymoon in Saint Lucia. I got somewhat of a sun tan, or as much as a white guy can. Did some snorkeling and some zip line'ing in the rain forrest too.
I know you're all looking for pics but I don't have any with me at work today, sorry!

THE ABSOLUTE BEST PART OF MY HONEYMOON IS THAT IT IS OVER SO AS OF TOMORROW I SHALL BEGIN RIDING MY BIKE AGAIN.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
STOSH! Welcome back! Of course we missed you. :D Glad to hear you had a fun honeymoon. :)

I'm pretty tired from the weekend. Hockey friday night, MTB Saturday, road ride yesterday, with lots of beer and good food in between. I've got an appointment to give blood at 9:00 this morning, so today will be a well deserved rest day.

splat

Nam I am
Morning Stosh !

hada good weekend ,
Welcome back

Saturday rented a Drain Auger and cleaned a clog out of my fondations french drain. when I broke through the colg , wow did Water come out ! I literally had to stop for an hour while it drained .

Yesterday gave a tourist to the area a tour of Vietnam , was a good ride. and then had dinner with my Mom.

Overall good weekend

stosh said:
THE ABSOLUTE BEST PART OF MY HONEYMOON IS THAT IT IS OVER SO AS OF TOMORROW I SHALL BEGIN RIDING MY BIKE AGAIN.
Something is just wrong about that

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
STOSH! Welcome back! Of course we missed you. :D Glad to hear you had a fun honeymoon. :)

I'm pretty tired from the weekend. Hockey friday night, MTB Saturday, road ride yesterday, with lots of beer and good food in between. I've got an appointment to give blood at 9:00 this morning, so today will be a well deserved rest day.
Thanks man!

It was hot down there, this was awesome weather to come home to!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
Morning Stosh !

hada good weekend ,
Welcome back

Saturday rented a Drain Auger and cleaned a clog out of my fondations french drain. when I broke through the colg , wow did Water come out ! I literally had to stop for an hour while it drained .

Yesterday gave a tourist to the area a tour of Vietnam , was a good ride. and then had dinner with my Mom.

Overall good weekend

Something is just wrong about that
Well I didn't want to be in a cast for my wedding or my honeymoon.

Why would I want to ruin either of thoes?

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Welcome back! Glad you had a fun time in St. Lucia, and that you made it home safely. :)

Pretty blah weekend here, and now it's Monday again. The effing idiot upstairs is the biggest *#E$^&* ever. It sucks when you just want to go home and enjoy some stress-free time, or even just sleep, and you can't. Anyway, rant over, and may the *#O)&@! rot in hell. :mumble:

Meeting with the builder tonight, hopefully to pick out siding or something. 19 weeks left!!! :weee: I can't wait. Have a good start to the week, all!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
antimony said:
Welcome back! Glad you had a fun time in St. Lucia, and that you made it home safely. :)

Pretty blah weekend here, and now it's Monday again. The effing idiot upstairs is the biggest *#E$^&* ever. It sucks when you just want to go home and enjoy some stress-free time, or even just sleep, and you can't. Anyway, rant over, and may the *#O)&@! rot in hell. :mumble:

Meeting with the builder tonight, hopefully to pick out siding or something. 19 weeks left!!! :weee: I can't wait. Have a good start to the week, all!
Yeah, customs and so on was a bitch entering back to the U.S.

What's the problem with the guy upstairs?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
good weekend. did a 35 mile road ride w/ a couple of friends on sat, went out to dinner in newburyport, then yesterday was spent playing w/ the boys and a bunch of their neighborhood friends. we played hockey, soccer, and cops and robbers. good stuff.

was gonna get around to priming and painting a door, but had to make dinner instead, while the kids were off swimming @ the neighbor's pool.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
I ment the bit about the best part that iswas over!! I know I would have liked it had my honeymoon gone on for a few more weeks.
I loved my honeymoon, it was a dream come true!
I guess after the long flight back and stuff I was just happy to be home.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh. Glad to hear you had a good time. Also glad to hear everything is over, so now you can get back to your normal life.

I had a pretty damn good weekend, actually (shocking, I know). Friday I didn't do much, Saturday I was on kid duty during the day... ran some errands, played with the kids, cleaned up around the house, the usual. Saturday night Renae got home from work and took the kids shopping with her, so I went trail running for about 45 minutes. I haven't done much running in a few years - it kicked my butt. I forgot what a workout running is. I'm still a bit sore from it. After my run I did a bit of mowing, then made myself some dinner (Hamburger Helper :drool:). It was nice having a quite house for a little while.

Sunday was kind of a lazy morning, then Renae took the kids shopping (yes, again, but I wasn't complaining). So I quick finished mowing the yard then threw my bike in the truck and hit the trails. I had a good ride, felt surprisingly strong considering how tight I was from the previous day's run. I took one spill and whacked my knee pretty good on my handlebars - right in the middle of my kneecap. It's still pretty sore, and going down stairs is sketchy. Later on, Renae took the kids to her mother's for dinner, so I grabbed a burger and a couple of beers with a buddy, then did a bit of shopping.

Nothing all that earth shattering, I know... but it was damn nice to not have to ask permission to do things.

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Loud and inconsiderate. He sounds like he has concrete blocks strapped to his feet at all times. Last night he was banging around in the kitchen and it sounded like an atom bomb exploded near the pantry. :rolleyes: My resting heart rate is around 84 bpm constantly lately. :redhot:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning all. Had plans to ride on Sunday which were blown when I gave my Forester a brake job Saturday night. Enough years of exposure to New England salt and mud had rusted the bolts tight, and the pads rusted into the calipers. I ended up wrenching (pun intended) my back trying to take the damn bolts out of the calipers.

Ended up doing half Saturday night and half Sunday morning, and I'm still a little sore :dead:. The trusty Craftsman ratchet and sockets are still intact, though - fortunately. But, it's done, and I don't have to think about it again for a while.

Saturday the apartment complex had a community party. I won a watermelon seed spitting contest and watermelon eating contest, and scored a gift card to Wal Mart and some calling cards for my troubles. And ate a ton of free wings.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Welcome home Stosh!! :)

I had a decent weekend. Went for a mtb ride w/ Treesaw Friday night and then out for beers and burgers. :drool: Sat. Kelley took the baby shopping with her and I spent the day with my daughter. We went to the park and played and then out to lunch. :thumb: Just stayed in and relaxed Sat. night. Yesterday I did a 50 mile road ride from Lake George up to Ticonderoga, NY.. This ride is cool because when you get up to "Ti", you ride the ferry back to the South Shore of Lake George. Also, the ferry leaves "Ti" promptly at 11:30, and if you miss the boat you have to ride the 50 miles home, so it can be a race against the clock sometimes. It's about a 2.5 hour ride by boat and the bar is open the whole time! Nothing like throwing back 5 beers or som after a 50 mile burner. :agree: I felt strong the whole ride and think I'm, ready for next weekends 75 mile Ididaride. :)

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Oh, and my wife went out to leave for work this morning and someone broke into her car right in our driveway last night. Went straight for her stereo (a decent Kenwood system w/ in-dash 6-disk changer). Funny though, they left all her CD's, her cell phone, etc.. They didn't get the radio, and just left it hanging out of the dash. Good thing I guess but the dash & center console is all torn apart, scratched up, etc.. :mumble: Also strange is that they didn't touch my Jeep which has my iPod sitting right in it's docking station in plain sight. Wierd... :confused:

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
binary visions said:
'morning all. Had plans to ride on Sunday .

That's odd you say that......I was about two seconds from taking a trip down to G'ville to ride the BP trails on Sunday, but decided at the last second to hit another spot.

We didn't do much of anything this weekend except for enjoying the moderate temps. I rode a bit on Sunday and then stopped back by my trails and worked on a new double for a couple of hours. Oh......and I inflicted major damage on the yellowjacket nest that lit me up last week with about 8 stings.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
McGRP01 said:
Funny though, they left all her CD's, her cell phone, etc..
I had someone break into my car, steal only my sizable CD case, and leave several hundred dollars in cash in the glove box (I had cashed my paycheck a few minutes before), a $500 Blaupunkt stereo, a cell phone in the cup holder, and an expensive axe that had just been purchased in the back seat.

I was glad they didn't take any of that stuff, it just seemed a little silly. If you're going to risk being in someone's car, I guess I'd probably thumb through the glove box and take anything else of value in plain sight.

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
I rode myself silly this weekend. 2 rides on Sat. Bradbury state park has a ton of new singletrack. No real elavation, but lots of fast twisty, turny fun. After that hit Mt. Apetite in Auburn. Pretty easy & still fun. Sun was some Attitash in NH. I let my buddy ride my dh bike, and I rode my splinter. It was cool how capable the little bike proved to be. The same can't be said for the single ply tires I had on it. 3 front flats! :rolleyes:

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
What up! Glad you're back!

I brought a car into the city for the weekend, which was a nice change. One saturday I drove up to Blue Mtn and rode my own MTB for the first time in forever. Awesome ride up until I got stung by some crappy crappy bees. Though bees are great for the ecology and do cool things like make candles and moleasses, they can kiss my ass!

On Sunday we drove out to Long Beach on Long Island to hang out at the beach and try to surf. The waves were small and we sucked at surfing. At the end of the day we were sunburned but pretty content. As an aside, I think I'll wear a rash guard next time. When I took a shower later, it felt like I getting ice pick't in the nipples! Unexpected ouch!

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Hey Stosh congrats!!!!!!

I did miss your GMT, I don't like when others start it, especally last week. I vote that ONLY Stosh can start the GMT's since they are his baby.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Tame Ape said:
What up! Glad you're back!

I brought a car into the city for the weekend, which was a nice change. One saturday I drove up to Blue Mtn and rode my own MTB for the first time in forever. Awesome ride up until I got stung by some crappy crappy bees. Though bees are great for the ecology and do cool things like make candles and moleasses, they can kiss my ass!

On Sunday we drove out to Long Beach on Long Island to hang out at the beach and try to surf. The waves were small and we sucked at surfing. At the end of the day we were sunburned but pretty content. As an aside, I think I'll wear a rash guard next time. When I took a shower later, it felt like I getting ice pick't in the nipples! Unexpected ouch!
I got stung when I rode with Jackson and Douglas a few years ago, my whole hand swelled up the next day.

Think you'll be up for a Stewart ride the weekend of the 26th/27th?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Brian HCM#1 said:
Hey Stosh congrats!!!!!!

I did miss your GMT, I don't like when others start it, especally last week. I vote that ONLY Stosh can start the GMT's since they are his baby.
I second this motion!!!

PS. Thanks but what happens when I'm away?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Brian HCM#1 said:
Hey Stosh congrats!!!!!!

But when stosh is away we need a backup. A day on the monkey just isn't the same when it's not started by a GMT.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning -

Great ride on Friday night - solo at the WH Reservoir - I tried to go as fast as I could the whole ride and didn't do too bad.

Even better ride on Saturday with IAB, MBC, Tonyhawk and two other non-monkeys (ride report has the recap thanks to IAB).

Sunday was a lot of yard work - mowing, weedwhacking (I hate that friggin contraption!), and tearing down an old swingset in the backyard. The backyard is a lot more pleasing to the eyes with that monstrosity. Capped the night off with ice cream.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
Brian HCM#1 said:
Sometimes very LAME people start the thread:nonono: :nonono: :stosh: :nope: Me no likey:nonono:

Shouldn't you be informing people about their local history right about now?

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
stosh said:
I got stung when I rode with Jackson and Douglas a few years ago, my whole hand swelled up the next day.

Think you'll be up for a Stewart ride the weekend of the 26th/27th?

I'd like to! I'm playing around with the idea of road trippin' to Toronto to see the city (not ride bikes) but its 9 HOURS IN A CAR!!! Thats like a whole tank of gas each way! Waah!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Tame Ape said:
I'd like to! I'm playing around with the idea of road trippin' to Toronto to see the city (not ride bikes) but its 9 HOURS IN A CAR!!! Thats like a whole tank of gas each way! Waah!
Well maybe we could do another Montgomery Day Ride/Block Party like I did last year with Beth and Rob.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Brian HCM#1 said:
Sometimes very LAME people start the thread:nonono: :nonono: :stosh: :nope: Me no likey:nonono:
Wah wah wah. Suck it up princess. :nopity:

Morning Stosh,

Glad the honeymoon went well and you'll be back on the bike soon. I'm leaving tomorrow for the Caymans for 11 days, and it's going to rock. Diving and biking on Cayman Brac the first 4 days, then 7 days of diving and sightseeing on Grand Cayman. If you send me your address, I'll send you a postcard from Hell too. ;)

Weekend was spent packing and organizing things. I also picked up a new camera case, 35mm macro lens and digital strobe for my SLR to go with me. Should be interesting learning the digital strobe on the plane.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
robdamanii said:

Morning Stosh,

Glad the honeymoon went well and you'll be back on the bike soon. I'm leaving tomorrow for the Caymans for 11 days, and it's going to rock. Diving and biking on Cayman Brac the first 4 days, then 7 days of diving and sightseeing on Grand Cayman. If you send me your address, I'll send you a postcard from Hell too. ;)

Weekend was spent packing and organizing things. I also picked up a new camera case, 35mm macro lens and digital strobe for my SLR to go with me. Should be interesting learning the digital strobe on the plane.

New Jersey ROCKS!

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
robdamanii said:

Morning Stosh,

Oh lookie here..........One of the LAME ones.