Quantcast

~~Good Monday MOrning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody?

Friday I took the day off to go to the doctors office and get up-to-date on a physical and shots and stuff.

Anyway the place I went to for the first time ever was packed with hot nurses. WTF? Totally awesome!

I had a great weekend of just doing stuff around the house and visiting friends.

Hope ya all have a great day!

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
Mornin Stosh. Daylight savings time is messing with me. But I did manage to wake up and exercise this morning.

Went to a Halloween party on Saturday, hoping to get some pics later. It was...memorable...:brows:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
awesome weekend...went out for beers after work friday, saturday was spent indoors, sheltered from the howling wind and driving rain. we ventured out later for some Indian food, then went to see the Merrimack/Brown hockey game. good stuff.

yesterday was spent chasing mtbtom and larry through the woods of HP.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I had pretty good w/e, finally got to get back to racing.
But a friend broke his C7(neck) goofing around on his bike before one of the races. Word so far is (thankfully/luckily) Docs said he will be fine, no surgery & 4 month to heal up.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning Monkeys.

Had a nice weekend this weekend. Filled with lots of hockey games. Liam's team won both of their games and Connor's team split with one win and a loss. But yesterday's win was a come from behind classic and we did it with only 8 skaters and a goalie!! Sorta like a men's league roster of player - only with made up of 6,7, and 8 year olds!

Oh, and I threw a seatpost and saddle from Laura's Hybrid on the Zion - I think it is gonna work out just fine. It fits well and the angles feel doable for trail riding. :thumb:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I had pretty good w/e, finally got to get back to racing.
But a friend broke his C7(neck) goofing around on his bike before one of the races. Word so far is (thankfully/luckily) Docs said he will be fine, no surgery & 4 month to heal up.

Doug - sounds like you kicked ass this weekend on the single speed Monocog 29er.

Wow, scary stuff about your friend, what was he doing that caused the crash that hurt his neck?

splat

Nam I am
Morning

Felt good to et back on the road Bike, after being off of it for 2 weeks.

Good weekend, didn't do much on saturday , except build a Wheel for MMcG , and then Sunday did trail work most of the day ( pics later ) , got home an d aparently a Gust of wind removed a good half dozen shingles off of my roof. one of them put a Huge scratch across my wifes windshield. So up on the roof , and replace teh missing shingles. ( pics later )

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Doug - sounds like you kicked ass this weekend on the single speed Monocog 29er.

Wow, scary stuff about your friend, what was he doing that caused the crash that hurt his neck?
I did well. thanks!

he was goofing around bunny hopping a garbage can, and crashed on his head/neck.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Morning

Felt good to et back on the road Bike, after being off of it for 2 weeks.

Good weekend, didn't do much on saturday , except build a Wheel for MMcG , and then Sunday did trail work most of the day ( pics later ) , got home an d aparently a Gust of wind removed a good half dozen shingles off of my roof. one of them put a Huge scratch across my wifes windshield. So up on the roof , and replace teh missing shingles. ( pics later )
You should wear a santa suit. That would be funny.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Morning all, All that rain this weekend gave me plenty of time to work on the house. only working half day today:cheers: I love inspection day
Dude, I want to see some pics of your house.

We had some pretty bad flooding out by us.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Morning Stosh.

Had a good day Saturday... my mother took my daugther for the day, so Sean and I has some quality time. He slept a lot, I read a lot, we played a lot. Then had dinner at my parents.

Sunday was also good. Ran a couple of errands, then spent the bulk of the afternoon doing this:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning all. Weekend was ok. Wedding Friday night was kinda fun. Went to a birthday party with my daughter Sat.. Torrential rains and high winds canceled SMBA's Halloween ride which sucked. Yesterday we carved pumpkins and played outside in the leaves.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Mornin everyone

I worked all weekend doing the lighting for the Latin Ballet of Virginia. now I get to go to my regular shop job all day today, and all day tomorrow on my birthday. my fiancee has somthing planned for us tomorrow night, but I'm not sure what it is. She just told me to be home, dressed, and ready to go by 7:30, and I get off work at 7........ should be interesting.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Hey folks!!

It was a good weekend.....up until the point at which grandma almost "checked out" on us. She was taking medication to control her heartrate.....and it slowed it so much, it stopped. Mom had to rock out the CPR until the paramedics got there and hooked grandma up with a trip to the hospital. Everything is alright, though......she was a bit loopy for awhile until they got her stabilized, but she's fine now. Quite the scary moment and mom is still pretty shaken about the whole thing.....but we're all happy grandma is such a scrapper and hung in there like a champ.

Other than that, Justine and I managed to get out and do a little house-hunting on Saturday. We found some really nice little places that would fit us perfect, but they're in a neighboring county which has about a 20% higher tax markup than the county we're in currently. Not thrilled about that, so we're gonna keep looking until we either get frustrated with the whole thing and enlist a real estate agent to help us or go crazy in the process and just decide to live in a cardboard washing machine box. :disgust:

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Hey Jacksonpt ,

Do you live on the top of a Mountain or somthing ? all your rides seam to end with a Hellicios climb. or do you just love pain that much ? Either Way , great its training
I live at the top of one of the worst (or best, depending on your perspective) climbs in town. You can see it from the first decent. Coming back the way I did is the "easy way" home.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Hey folks!!

It was a good weekend.....up until the point at which grandma almost "checked out" on us. She was taking medication to control her heartrate.....and it slowed it so much, it stopped. Mom had to rock out the CPR until the paramedics got there and hooked grandma up with a trip to the hospital. Everything is alright, though......she was a bit loopy for awhile until they got her stabilized, but she's fine now. Quite the scary moment and mom is still pretty shaken about the whole thing.....but we're all happy grandma is such a scrapper and hung in there like a champ.

Other than that, Justine and I managed to get out and do a little house-hunting on Saturday. We found some really nice little places that would fit us perfect, but they're in a neighboring county which has about a 20% higher tax markup than the county we're in currently. Not thrilled about that, so we're gonna keep looking until we either get frustrated with the whole thing and enlist a real estate agent to help us or go crazy in the process and just decide to live in a cardboard washing machine box. :disgust:

Wow good job to your mom!! Glad to hear grandma is ok though.

So you're moving out of the house you've been renting huh? I thought you loved that place.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Yo...Home with a "light" version of the flu today - had it all weekend too, thus killing my plans to get in a little practice for the 11/5 final Plattekill DH race. I think I am slightly beyond the "fever chills" stage! Woo Hoo! Anyway, I'm only 50 points ahead in 3rd place for my class and 11/5 is double points, so hopefully I'll heal up and will be able to actually ride a bike between then and now!

Also, hope the snow clears up:
http://www.plattekill.com/webcam/image1.jpg

EDIT: In more "me" news, I forgot to mention that I am now racing for Elevate Cycles (along with Tigg!), and we have some awesome cosponsors - Sinister Bikes, Kenda and the Rox Shox/Sram/Truvativ mega conglomeration. R9, here I come!

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
I had a great weekend. I went up and met with Orven, Shyrmp, Ed and Adrian for shuttle runs on Noble Canyon on Saturday. (pics will be up when I get home) I then hung out with Kevin and Beth and camped at Laguna. About 3:30 I let Kevin talk me into an XC ride. It was supposed to be flat, but I later found that he lied to get me to go and it was a ton of climbing. I thought I would die, having ridden about 35 miles that day. I think most would notice I had mostly ridden the computer lately, so it was tough. Yesterday we rode the whole Noble ride up. We skipped some parts, but we climbed the most stupid amount I have ever climbed on the mountain bike. I preferred shuttling that trail for sure. I screwed myself and let my wheel drop into a couple of rocks that I knew not to get into at the bottom of Stairway to Hell. It jerked my bars out of my hand and I crashed, dislocating my shoulder again. It popped back in, but that is 3 times in 2 months for that. Not really happy about that. After the ride we just packed up camp and headed back to San Diego. I'll have pics of the whole trip soon. I have ridden sooo much for me it's not funny. It has been an awesome trip. I'll be in the lone star at 10 pm tonight, and at the shop on Wednesday. This is the life. :thumb:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Doug - Wiley's crazy and I am sure he will heal in no time...glad to hear he doesn't need surgery though? Yikes! So, how was it...racing again?

Had a pretty uneventful weekend. Awesome ride on Friday night followed by good times at the local pub. Saturday was a washout and our SMBAween ride was cancelled due to the bad weather. :( Took Syd to a local halloween party on Saturday and she had fun, but was tired so we didn't stay long. Sunday I cleaned up the house and did a bunch of school work and halloween decorating.

Dropped my car off for service & inspection this morning so I will be walking between schools today. It's a beautiful day here today so I will be sure to enjoy my walk.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Morning all,

Splat I too spent a bit of Saturday morning building up a wheel to replace the "French Taco"! then went to a painful birthday party for a friends kid who just turned 2! I was the only parent paying any attention to what the kids were doing:rant: and Emma was the best behaved kid there! go figure:disgust: so the party completely Fvcked up my chances to ride over the weekend! Saturday was the only day I would have had free if Bek hadn't rsvp'd that we would be there without checking with me first:rant:

TO be honest, I would have rather been at work this weekend:disgust:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Yo...Home with a "light" version of the flu today - had it all weekend too, thus killing my plans to get in a little practice for the 11/5 final Plattekill DH race. I think I am slightly beyond the "fever chills" stage! Woo Hoo! Anyway, I'm only 50 points ahead in 3rd place for my class and 11/5 is double points, so hopefully I'll heal up and will be able to actually ride a bike between then and now!

Also, hope the snow clears up:
http://www.plattekill.com/webcam/image1.jpg

EDIT: In more "me" news, I forgot to mention that I am now racing for Evelate Cycles (along with Tigg!), and we have some awesome cosponsors - Sinister Bikes, Kenda and the Rox Shox/Sram/Truvativ mega conglomeration. R9, here I come!

Sweet! Congrats on the new team. I would love to race DH...maybe I'll do a few next season.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Sweet! Congrats on the new team. I would love to race DH...maybe I'll do a few next season.
Thanks, Treesaw! They were lacking in the area of 'old men who race but use all the go arounds', and I fit that bill!

You should try racing! I have to say, the beginner and sport courses this year at Plattekill have been very, very user friendly. I stopped bugging my wife to race this year...in October, she accidentally got onto the expert/pro course and loved it, but finds the beginner/sport courses "too pedally" - and this is coming from a person who this riding season has basically only done road riding and DH...

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Thanks, Treesaw! They were lacking in the area of 'old men who race but use all the go arounds', and I fit that bill!

You should try racing! I have to say, the beginner and sport courses this year at Plattekill have been very, very user friendly. I stopped bugging my wife to race this year...in October, she accidentally got onto the expert/pro course and loved it, but finds the beginner/sport courses "too pedally" - and this is coming from a person who this riding season has basically only done road riding and DH...
Sweet! I might give it a whirl. I plan on doing 4 endurance races next year so we'll see how they fit in. I heard good things about the Mt. Snow, and P-kill courses and I actually rode both courses at Whiteface (well, I got owned by the expert course several times, but atleast I survived).

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning,

One of the best riding weekends I've had in a long time. Went out Saturday morning and knocked out 30 miles on the single speed. Just me and the bike. Haven't been riding as much as I'd like to lately so it was nice just to get out and get back in touch.

Sunday, the gang headed up to Sedona. It was probably one of the most perfect days of riding since the last time we did this loop. Everything was spot on, flawless weather, the trails were great, etc. Hope to get a ride report together when time permits. Here's a sample...

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Morning! Beautiful weekend here... mid 70s and sunny! It's supposed to continue today and get to near 80 tomorrow and Wednesday! :D I enjoyed some outdoor time and bought paint for the house this weekend... 6.5 gallons and 5 different colors. BV and I are going to be busy beavers next weekend! Have a good start to the week, all! :)

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Sweet! I might give it a whirl. I plan on doing 4 endurance races next year so we'll see how they fit in. I heard good things about the Mt. Snow, and P-kill courses and I actually rode both courses at Whiteface (well, I got owned by the expert course several times, but atleast I survived).
Those are the 3 places I'll be next year. Easy to get to (for us in the Capital Region of NY) and not too death defying..hell, the sport Whiteface DH course (as well as some of the Platty ones) had some bas ass uphills! Good for people with an xc background.