Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning~~

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
And Happy St Patty's Day to all you Irish folk out there. Anyone drunk yet?

Did anyone do anything exciting this past weekend? The wife and I skied yesterday. We did the Mountain Dew Vertical Challenge at Mt Snow (a "fun race"). I had my best time yet and still finished DFL in my category. :plthumbsdown: I wish I was as good a skier as I am mountain biker. Oh well. It was a beautiful day of skiing though and I managed to ski all day without back pain. Rock on.

splat

Nam I am
I forgot to wear green today :(

VEry WIndy this morning , and it was right in my face for most of my ride in , made for a slower and harder .

then when I got here as I Was bout to take a shower I noticed a Strange black dot on my Stomach, it was a Tick!! :eek: had not attached yet , but still after what I went through it really bothered me. but I got it off and sent in to the local sewer system.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Yo all. Did the St. Patty's dinner Saturday at a friends parents house in Western MA. They had a baby 2 months before ours, so we got the kiddos together for the 1st time. My bud Charlie is already asking when the wedding date will be set between Ewan and his daughter...

In bike news, finally wrapped up the Gruitr build. Here are a few low res snaps:

Love the S:

1 build down, 1 rebuild to go:

The ride: While I was only able to take it for a little urban ride (in front of a ton of news trucks, waiting for our new NY Governor to be sworn in), I have to say that I felt instantly comfortable on the Gruitr. Despite my tall fork, I felt that it turns well, accelerates quickly, and was a ton of fun jumping stairs. Can't wait for the dirt to see how well it does for XC, though it can't be any worse that my RM Pipeline. Have a set of Mallet pedals ready and waiting for trail. Decided to go single ring up front - 32 and 11-34 in the back - Never saw a hill I couldn't walk up! :cheers:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning everyone.

IAB: who cares if you came in last as long as you had a good time. Nothing fun this weekend, still sick with tha fru.
Splat: I'm so envious of your commuting, I feel like I lose 90% of my cycling fitness every off season.
Jim Mac: new bike looks good! Is that a Z1 up front? Which model? I'm pretty sure you can lower all but the HSCV model. I run a 34t ring and 11-34 cassette on my bike. You'll adapt to your climbs in no time.

vtjim

Beware of Milo & Otis
Jan 6, 2006
North Andover MA
Good morning all.

Got drunk on Saturday night when some friends came over for dinner and then took our 1 year old on her first hike yesterday. We were in the woods for about an hour and a half. She liked it but got cranky by the end, we realized when we got back to the car that her feet were freezing!!!

We picked up a baby carrier from Kelty so I plan on taking her our a lot this summer.

Felt great to be outdoors again, been a long winter.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Top O' The Morning to ya Monkeys! Happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone!!

I had a very busy weekend, but managed to squeeze in a short demo/test ride on the Soul Cycles Dillinger on Saturday afternoon. The majority of the weekend was consumed with lots of hockey. My Squirt Cs were in their state tourney this weekend and we played great!! We made it to the championship game but fell just short to a really good Simsbury team. The final score was 3-2, but the game was very evenly played and we had our chances. One of our team goals for every game was to give up 3 goals or less - and I was pleased that we achieved that goal in the final game, we just couldn't get that third goal past the Simsbury netminder to send things into overtime. All in all it was one helluva fun season and I had a blast coaching these kids.

My voice is a little hoarse this morning from 4 games over two days and I feel tired, but it is a good tired.

Tonight will probably be a restful St. Patrick's day for me.

Slainte!

Mark

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. Good weekend. Picked up a cassette and disk brake adapter at the LBS(s) on Sat.. Hope to have the new bike done next weekend. :thumb: Just hung out Sat. afternoon/evening with Jamis while the wife and daughter went to a "jewelry party" of some sort. Yesterday they whole fam went to the State Museum in Albany. I haven;t been there in years and the kids never had, so it was cool. Dinosaur bones, old vehicles, and even a small exhibit of "Early recreational bicycles". I'll try to get some crappy camera pics up later. Last night we just chilled and ordered some pizza. :)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning. Good weekend. Picked up a cassette and disk brake adapter at the LBS(s) on Sat.. Hope to have the new bike done next weekend. :thumb: Just hung out Sat. afternoon/evening with Jamis while the wife and daughter went to a "jewelry party" of some sort. Yesterday they whole fam went to the State Museum in Albany. I haven;t been there in years and the kids never had, so it was cool. Dinosaur bones, old vehicles, and even a small exhibit of "Early recreational bicycles". I'll try to get some crappy camera pics up later. Last night we just chilled and ordered some pizza. :)
The NYS Museum is a cool place! They also have a cool gift shop where you can find some unique items for those hard to shop for types.

Tigg - I'll get those shifters off to you tomorrow. They are all packaged up and ready to go. BUt quick question - would you prefer a SRAM 9.0 grip shifter over the X7 Trigger for the rear? Cuz if you do, I could send you one of those instead. Just lemme know.

Mark

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!!

Happy St. Pats day to everyone. I took the day off work for no reason at all, so you'll have to pardon me if I'm sliding in here a little late. :biggrin:

Saturday was supposed to be full of rain, but the weatherman missed it by 12 hours, so I went over to Nice Guy Mikes to work on a new line. We built a takeoff for the 2nd set and dug some drainage lines for it all. This one is gonna split off a few different ways, so it should be fun and challenging to keep it all tied together and flowing well. Saturday evening, Justine's parents offered to watch Colin overnight while we went out to dinner and had drinks afterwards. It was nice to sleep in for a change, and a wild team of Kirstie Allie-sized horses couldn't drag me outta bed Sunday. Kids are awesome, but getting a sanity break is necessary too.

Sunday was pretty relaxed. We had some storms finally roll in, and gave all of our drought-stricken lakes and ponds the shot in the arm they needed to get back to normal levels--just in time for summer to wreak havoc again. My father and law and I pulled apart a swingset a neighbor down the street was giving away and hauled it down to our back yard for Colin to get lots of use out of in the coming years. Gonna have to hit that bad boy with the pressure washer to get the old pollen stains off of it, but it's still in great shape.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Good morning, happy drinking day everyone.

Had a good weekend of getting things done. I did some cleaning in the basement getting the workshop cleaned up, did some laundry, took part 3 boards and hung out with Beth.

I also finished the last bits of building my new (to me) bike over the weekend. Now if I can just find a mount for my Cateye Wireless computer I'll be all set.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
PS, favorite Irish quotes:

1. May the cat eat you and the Devil eat the cat (double curse!)

2. "How many people out there in the audience have a little Irish in them? (Audience cheers). How many more ladies out there in the audience want a little more Irish in 'em? (Audience REALLY cheers!)" - Thin Lizzy, live.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
PS, favorite Irish quotes:

1. May the cat eat you and the Devil eat the cat (double curse!)

2. "How many people out there in the audience have a little Irish in them? (Audience cheers). How many more ladies out there in the audience want a little more Irish in 'em? (Audience REALLY cheers!)" - Thin Lizzy, live.
Ahhhh Thin Lizzy! :thumb:

Jim Mac and other Irishmen and women - Here's one for ya, maybe you've heard of em, maybe not. And if not, you should.

How about a little Horslips?

If you claim to like Irish Rock - a must have in your collection is this:

The Book of Invasions, A Celtic Symphony by the band Horslips

Trust me - you won't be disappointed.

And for a touch of Horslips Live - another must have is their live recording The Belfast Gigs

I never saw them live, but my older brothers did. The best I can do is to listen to the Belfast Gigs and live vicariously through that recording.

Horslips - give em a listen if you can.

http://www.horslips.ie/

Cheers,

Mark

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
You can't talk some Irish without a mention of Rory Gallagher.

Got to work this morning and found it was the network admin's flex day so I scored a parking place on the surface lot. Sweet!

Good riding this weekend, great weather! The highlight was driving down to Tucson and riding the 50 Year Trail. Will definitely go back and do some more exploring.

Back to work- have a good day.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
I don't know a thing about anything Irish, and if anyone pinches me today, they are getting punched in their d!ck. Except my wife, she woke me up this morning on her way to work yelling "PINCH PINCH PINCH PINCH" and pinching me all over. I looked at her like she was crazy and she said I wasn't wearing any green. NO KIDDING, I WAS SLEEPING!

Anyway, my lawyer shot down some hopes and dreams this weekend for a new business idea, and I'm going for a ride today in about an hour.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
morning!

busy today! we have a short work week so I am trying to get everything done lickety split!

Had our annual eggs and kegs party on Sat. then headed down to the parade! Well to be honest, we actually didn't see but 15 seconds of it as we crossed the parade route just to get to the Pub! :clapping:

as was stated in another thread... I found a few extra fake tattoos on my rear when I took a shower Sunday morning! I remember the frisky chick in the bar lifting my kilt and laughing... etc. needless to say it was a great day!

missed out on a trip to Ray's cause I was summoned to help with surveying my Bro-In-Laws property lines... got there an found out that he already had done it a few years back he just didn't remember doing it! :disgust1:

happy St. Pats all!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
my mom's birthday is st. patty's day, and, yes, i've already sent her an iCard. :D

today is a big day for me, and this is a big week, as i find out where i matched. i posted a thread about it: http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2866618#post2866618

also, on sunday i autocrossed all day. 16 hours including travel to the site, lots of windburn, 10 runs, 1 class win :) , much adrenaline. good times.

unfortunately my floor jack broke after the event and i was only halfway done changing my tires. now my car has street tires on the left and (slick) race rubber on the right, and i have no jack to use to remedy this. grrr.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
It's Monday so that means a post lunch ride of some sort with the wind I suspect its going to be on the dirt.

Busy weekend especially Saturday. St. Paddy's day parade, then lunch, then the St. P's festival, and then the ACC funfest all sandwiched between train rides. Made the driveway just as the bottom dropped out with the rain and storms. Willow was a tired little trooper.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Ahhh, Top o' th' mornin...nah, I'm not Irish. Wife is, so that means corned beef and cabbage 2nite!!! Giddy-up. Rode a local parkway a good 12 miles w/ Jr.X3pilot to get miles built up for the C&O canal trip this summer. Just a hint of spring and it feels gooooooood.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
My wife's Granddad used to make everyone where orange for St. Patties because he hated the Irish so much. He even had a book called "The problem with the Irish" He was to Irish as Nazi's were to Jews. Strange.

My wife however has no quams with the Irish, nor do I. We made Corned Beef and cabbage for dinner last night and plan on devouring the left overs tonight.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Happy St Pats day. My missus is Nth Irish and she forgot!

My day turned up a nice man with a package from the states:

Big cheers to Yeti Cycles!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all and Happy St. Patty's Day to all the Irish Monkeys out there. Friday night my folks took Syd for the night so we could take our time hiking/sledding and surveying the damage to one of our best trails by loggers. We took our sleds to help get everyone out there quickly so the bulk of our time could be spent checking out the damage rather than just walking there. After that, we headed home to eat some lunch and shower before grabbing dinner with my folks. We managed to stay there WAY too late and rewarded ourselves by sleeping in late on Sunday. Then we played around the house with Syd and drank a few Jameson's and headed to bed. Not sure what's on deck for today.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
So, one of my HS classmates & friends was selected to design one of the limited edition Mountain Dew bottles. Yeah Scott!!! He's designed quite a few Burton Snowboards and done some other cool things in NYC, but I thought this was really cool! :clapping:

Attachments

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
So, one of my HS classmates & friends was selected to design one of the limited edition Mountain Dew bottles. Yeah Scott!!! He's designed quite a few Burton Snowboards and done some other cool things in NYC, but I thought this was really cool! :clapping:
What is the subliminal message written in the smoke?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i never once saw corned beef in an irish restaurant.

good weekend. on saturday i worked up some photos, bummed around the house mainly, and finished some music reviews. yesterday we had Otis' b-day party and curious creatures once again provided the entertainment. good stuff.

watched _Dr Strangelove_ last night. great movie. George C Scott is dynamite in that.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
What a craptastic day so far. Got a bad feeling the fork is cracked on the fisher, blew the hose off of the lever on my front brake and I think I broke a rib sometime over the weekend.