Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

G'damn rain! Man I wanted to ride so badly this weekend but saturday was taken up and Sunday rained all day. GRRRRRRRRR now it's still raining and I'm sure the trails area muddy mess.

How was everybody's weekend?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Ahh, the resurrection of the Stosh good morning threads...

I got a phone call from a friend at 3:30 Sunday morning:

"Hey. The party I was at got busted up. The cops won't let us go home unless someone picks us up. Can you drive a half hour to get me?"

I show up.. And no frickin' wonder the party was busted up, there must have been fifteen or twenty whored-up 16-year old girls still there (not counting those who had already left or those who ran when the cops showed up), and a ton of 21+ year old guys, with the neighboring houses not 10 feet away. :rolleyes:

Every single person over 21 there got charged (on paper) with providing alcohol to minors. The cops ended up finding out who bought the keg though, so most of 'em won't actually get hit with that charge.

J

JRB

stosh said:
How is everybody today?

G'damn rain! Man I wanted to ride so badly this weekend but saturday was taken up and Sunday rained all day. GRRRRRRRRR now it's still raining and I'm sure the trails area muddy mess.

How was everybody's weekend?
Good morning yo

Rain's not so funny when it's plaguing you and not Wumpus and myself huh? :)

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

Spent most of the weekend working around the new house... getting furniture moved from the basement to the bedrooms mostly. It's looking like this weekend we'll be spending our first nights up there.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
Ahh, the resurrection of the Stosh good morning threads...

I got a phone call from a friend at 3:30 Sunday morning:

"Hey. The party I was at got busted up. The cops won't let us go home unless someone picks us up. Can you drive a half hour to get me?"

I show up.. And no frickin' wonder the party was busted up, there must have been fifteen or twenty whored-up 16-year old girls still there (not counting those who had already left or those who ran when the cops showed up), and a ton of 21+ year old guys, with the neighboring houses not 10 feet away. :rolleyes:

Every single person over 21 there got charged (on paper) with providing alcohol to minors. The cops ended up finding out who bought the keg though, so most of 'em won't actually get hit with that charge.

Bwahhhhhhhhhhhh AWESOME!!!!! Chicks love older men!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh.

Spent most of the weekend working around the new house... getting furniture moved from the basement to the bedrooms mostly. It's looking like this weekend we'll be spending our first nights up there.
Wow awesome!!!
Pics? Must be exciting!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco-gringo said:
Good morning yo

Rain's not so funny when it's plaguing you and not Wumpus and myself huh? :)
Actually I've gotten kind of used to sitting around and doing nothing.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
chicodude01 said:
i went for a 20 mile road ride and got a new skateboard
a skateboard... ha ha ha... oh man my knees hurt just thinking about it.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Went on a 20 mile mountain bike ride on Saturday. Think 20 folks showed. Don't think I will be riding at noon again for a couple of months, though.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
Wow awesome!!!
Pics? Must be exciting!!
No pics yet... forgot to snap some over the weekend. Exciting and frustrating. Just because we might start staying there this weekend doesn't mean the house is anywhere near finished. The mason is still MIA, so our siding still isn't done (nice, considering the weather lately), and we still have a huge hole in the wall where the fireplace might someday be. They guessed wrong, way wrong, about how many tiles they would need for the kitchen floor, so we are waiting for more tiles to come in.

We are hoping that this week they'll get the common bathroom upstairs finished (still needs a vanity/sink and a toilet) and get the fridge installed. If they can get that far (which seems very reasonable to me), then we'll have 2 finished bedrooms, a finished bathroom, a fridge to keep stuff cold and a microwave to heat stuff up in.

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
I hear ya... My Sat was booked as well doing g/f stuff... And then it rained most of yesterday (although I was busy doing non-riding stuff as well).

Now it will be a mad-scramble for me to get everything ready to leave for Whistler on Friday. :rolleyes: I still have to find out if the bike will fit in the Iron Man case I rented... :think:

My training for Whistler has been: Ride the mtn bike last at Mtn Bike w/e in June, then do a couple of hundred miles worth of road riding... then don't ride for two weeks prior to the trip... Oh boy... I'm :dead:

J

JRB

Wumpus said:
Went on a 20 mile mountain bike ride on Saturday. Think 20 folks showed. Don't think I will be riding at noon again for a couple of months, though.

Wumpus was so hot he tried to rip his shirt off. I didn't even call him for yesterday's ride. I made a climb that I haven't made in a while and descended well. Soon following the descent, I hacked and coughed and puked on the top tube. It seems I am back on form. :think:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I had a great weekend - Friday night hanging with my sons eatin some pizza at Barb's Pizza "Simply the Best" - then hanging poolside on Saturday with the boys. We went to see the New Britain Rock Cats play but it got rained out - but we did have time do eat and have cotton candy (Blue is WAY better than pink cotton candy btw). Sunday, DHing with Douglas and Tonyhawk at Jiminy Peak for only $10!!!

I have a short work week this week - Heading to Boston on Friday for my birthday and then I have the following week off on vacation with my sons, and then Monkeyfest!!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning!

Spent the weekend with the in-laws for my father-in-law's birthday. Not sure if I posted a picture of his cake, but it was funny. I will have to see if I can dig one up and put it up. Goin' to do laundry today and headed to Whiteface this weekend (rain or shine) :D

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh.

Congrats on the house. Sound like a lot of work still to be done, but if you are staying there, perhaps the contractors will get it odne faster???

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Mornin all. I had a great weekend. On Sat I got out for a good ride, then the wife and I actually got to go on a date! Some friends came over and watched Evy while we went to diner then to a movie (Anchorman). If you're a Will Ferrell fan, I highly recommend it.

Sunday I spent working on the yard. Actually didn't do too much work. Mainly just went to Home Depot and bought materials to build a picket fence around the front yard.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
TreeSaw said:
Morning!

Spent the weekend with the in-laws for my father-in-law's birthday. Not sure if I posted a picture of his cake, but it was funny. I will have to see if I can dig one up and put it up. Goin' to do laundry today and headed to Whiteface this weekend (rain or shine) :D

Post the cake pic! mmmmmmmmmmmm....cake! :drool:

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
No riding for me this weekend. :(

I did, however, complete construction of my kayak (pictures pending). All that remains is paint/varnish and rigging. :D

I wanted to go for a ride tonight, but my body hurts. I got checked into the boards in a bad way in last night's hockey game. I have a hockey stick-shaped bruise across my knee and my back is killing me. We lost 5-4 in overtime. :(

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
TreeSaw said:
Here you go....Devil's food cake, w/chocolate pudding in the middle (filling) and chocolate buttercream frosting. Everything's edible except the turtle, frog and beer bottle candles.
You are a true cake Artiste Treesaw!! Awesome cake!! Sounds like it tasted even better than it looked too!

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
G'afternoon.

I had 18+ hours of cpa review this weekend. On Saturday night I had a date with a girl that I met in Vegas. Funny how that works out. Sunday was half of the review and was still a very long day.

I'm looking forward to a nice relaxing week of work.