Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

How was everybody's weekend?
My weekend at the beach sucked! If it wasn't raining then it was really really overcast!!! Thank god for bars! I tied a nice one on Saturday night then want to an all night dinner and had eggs and Scrapple at 3am. :)

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello Stosh!

Back at work after our Disney vacation. It sucks to be at work again, but one week of all the crowds was about all I could handle. It's nice to have elbow room again.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Had a great weekend! Left for Whiteface on Thursday morning. Arrived & rode a bit on Thursday with Squirrel, Squid, Gee-Spot & Mtnbkrgrl. Then it was cliff jumping at the flumes to cool off. Rained on Friday, but Tweek, Squirrel & I braved the mud and took some runs. BEAUTIFUL on Saturday for some more runs with the whole group (everyone already mentioned and Crashby, Sorge & Ghettorigged). LOTS of crashes for me, but all in all, good times! :D

Today, I am doin' bike laundry and getting to the grocery store.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
You're late Stosh. Past 9:00 already.

Had an utterly fantastic weekend :D :D

Worked an appalling 14 hour day on Friday, but hit up the bars afterwards. Went for my first real ride on my new road bike (Click for short ride report) on Saturday, then went climbing all day on Sunday. Got burned to a crisp and am very sore, but had a blast :thumb:

The weather here was beautiful. Sorry to hear you got blasted with the rain...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
Hello Stosh!

Back at work after our Disney vacation. It sucks to be at work again, but one week of all the crowds was about all I could handle. It's nice to have elbow room again.
The last vacation I would ever take in my entire life would be to Disney. I however do not have any kids at this point so that may change when I do.

Thats cool though for you! You got any pics! Glad to see you're back! How's the house by the way?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

After almost 3 weeks of steady rain, we finally had a couple of nice days. I rode Saturday morning (trying to get in shape for monkeyfest), and worked around the house Sunday. We did end up spending the weekend at the new house... so it looks like there's no turning back now. We still have no hot water and no lights in a lot of crucial places (i.e. the bathrooms), so that kept us on our toes. But despite all that, it sure was nice not to have to drive an hour into work this morning. I almost didn't know what to do with myself... being able to sleep till 6:30 and all.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
Had a great weekend! Left for Whiteface on Thursday morning. Arrived & rode a bit on Thursday with Squirrel, Squid, Gee-Spot & Mtnbkrgrl. Then it was cliff jumping at the flumes to cool off. Rained on Friday, but Tweek, Squirrel & I braved the mud and took some runs. BEAUTIFUL on Saturday for some more runs with the whole group (everyone already mentioned and Crashby, Sorge & Ghettorigged). LOTS of crashes for me, but all in all, good times! :D

Today, I am doin' bike laundry and getting to the grocery store.
Wow Ghetto went? Thats awesome!! Hadn't seen her around much lately.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
stosh said:
The last vacation I would ever take in my entire life would be to Disney. I however do not have any kids at this point so that may change when I do.

Thats cool though for you! You got any pics! Glad to see you're back! How's the house by the way?
:think: You need kids to go to Disney :confused:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
TreeSaw said:
Which park(s) did you do?
Hmmmm...pretty much all of them except the Animal Kingdom (we don't care for it). We got Park Hopper passes, so we could come and go to all the parks as we pleased. We hit:
  • Epcot (we went there a lot because of all the good food). We rode the new Mission Space ride...the ride with barf bags right on it. It made me queasy, but I did not puke. :D
  • MGM Studios (multiple rides on the Aerosmith coaster and Tower of Terror)
  • Magic Kingdom (crowded as hell, but we paid $12 for after hours access to all the rides. Best $12 we spent)
  • Downtown Disney
  • The Boardwalk
  • Blizzard Beach waterpark (I rode a slide that puts you at 60 MPH)

Good times. :) I put on 5 pounds. :)
stosh said:

I have a ton of pics. Maybe I will post some later.

We're moving into the house in less than a month. We started packing yesterday and our apartment is in shambles right now.

stosh said:
You've never seen Disney like we have then.

IAB, our friend Kathy and myself are going to write a book on how to get the most out of your Disney vacation.

Personally, I would never go there with kids! Not young ones anyway....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh.

After almost 3 weeks of steady rain, we finally had a couple of nice days. I rode Saturday morning (trying to get in shape for monkeyfest), and worked around the house Sunday. We did end up spending the weekend at the new house... so it looks like there's no turning back now. We still have no hot water and no lights in a lot of crucial places (i.e. the bathrooms), so that kept us on our toes. But despite all that, it sure was nice not to have to drive an hour into work this morning. I almost didn't know what to do with myself... being able to sleep till 6:30 and all.
Well in some ways thats good to hear that you moved. What happened Friday? You said there was a lot of people at your house Friday?

I Are Baboon said:
Hmmmm...pretty much all of them except the Animal Kingdom (we don't care for it). We got Park Hopper passes, so we could come and go to all the parks as we pleased. We hit:
  • Epcot (we went there a lot because of all the good food). We rode the new Mission Space ride...the ride with barf bags right on it. It made me queasy, but I did not puke. :D
  • Magic Kingdom (crowded as hell, but we paid $12 for after hours access to all the rides. Best $12 we spent)
  • Downtown Disney
  • The Boardwalk

You forgot Universal!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
TreeSaw said:
:think: You need kids to go to Disney :confused:
it would definitely seem to help. i'm w/ stosh on this one, and i've got two young kids. hopefully they won't be brainwashed too soon.

we checked out waterford county this weekend; weather was crap but managed to have a bit of fun at the beach and had a decent time anyway. saw lismore castle which was pretty impressive.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
Well in some ways thats good to hear that you moved. What happened Friday? You said there was a lot of people at your house Friday?
There were a few guys working on the plumbing - setting toilets and hooking up a sink.
2 guys working on the hard wood floor
1 guy putting in door knobs/dead bolts
1 guy painting
1 guy supervising

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
it would definitely seem to help. i'm w/ stosh on this one, and i've got two young kids. hopefully they won't be brainwashed too soon.

we checked out waterford county this weekend; weather was crap but managed to have a bit of fun at the beach and had a decent time anyway. saw lismore castle which was pretty impressive.
Wow, you actually agree with me on something.

I watched some of the British Open this weekend. It was being played in Ireland somewhere. They were showing pics of people surfing.... I couldn't believe there was people surfing in Ireland.... seemed weird.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
There were a few guys working on the plumbing - setting toilets and hooking up a sink.
2 guys working on the hard wood floor
1 guy putting in door knobs/dead bolts
1 guy painting
1 guy supervising
OH cool! Well I'm glad things are moving along a bit now.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
OH cool! Well I'm glad things are moving along a bit now.
Well, sort of. That was Friday. Let me recap the rest of the week for you...

Monday: 2-3 guys for most (but not all) of the day
Tuesday: 1-2 guys for most of the day
Wednesday: no one
Thursday: no one
Friday: See above
Saturday: no one
Sunday: no one

They owed us a good day on friday. I don't expect them to work all weekend every weekned, but I do expect them to put in a full week's worth of work... or at least something close to it. Seems to me that even though they put in a good day friday, they still put in basically a half of a week last week. Being 2 months behind schedule, that doesn't exactly leave a smile on my face.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:

They owed us a good day on friday. I don't expect them to work all weekend every weekned, but I do expect them to put in a full week's worth of work... or at least something close to it. Seems to me that even though they put in a good day friday, they still put in basically a half of a week last week. Being 2 months behind schedule, that doesn't exactly leave a smile on my face.
Weird!!!
It seems like they can button up the house quickly if they just got to it.....

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
jacksonpt said:

ugh, I couldn't deal with that.....

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Construction contractors suck.

I worked for two, and have had direct experiences with many, and the only good one I've ever seen was the first guy I worked for who worked hard all day, every day, and didn't take on more jobs than he knew he could complete.

There are always unexpected delays that push off the completion date of a house, but simply not showing up all week is unacceptable. Unfortunately, so many of 'em are like that, it's really hard to do anything about it. "I'll go to your competitor" is a fine threat except that the competitor won't show either.

Good luck with your house, though; I look forward to the day when I have a house I can call my own...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
stosh said:
I do..... I don't really like to support Disney.
I know a lot of people feel this way which is why I have not posted vacation pics. They'd probably get greeted with negative comments. But hey, MBC and I like good food, good rides, and nice weather, which is why we went. :) I don't care about all the political, corporate BS.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
my god what a weekend.if only i could post the pictures! the belle chere festival was outstanding!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
I know a lot of people feel this way which is why I have not posted vacation pics. They'd probably get greeted with negative comments. But hey, MBC and I like good food, good rides, and nice weather, which is why we went. :) I don't care about all the political, corporate BS.
Sounds good to me. Sorry for jumping down your throat so quickly.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
stosh said:
Wow, you actually agree with me on something.

I watched some of the British Open this weekend. It was being played in Ireland somewhere. They were showing pics of people surfing.... I couldn't believe there was people surfing in Ireland.... seemed weird.
i can't be contrarian my whole life, can i? ;)

a couple of guys i work w/ are surfers. apparently there are some good spots in donegal and out in mayo/sligo.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
i can't be contrarian my whole life, can i? ;)

a couple of guys i work w/ are surfers. apparently there are some good spots in donegal and out in mayo/sligo.
How cold is the water there?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Hey stosh... you every get your bash ring installed? You ridden with it yet? What do you think?
it's installed and I've not yet ridden it. I'm planning on riding later this week. I'll let you know then.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I've been tossing around the idea of applying for a different job...There is an ad in the paper today. I'm a perfect fit.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
I've been tossing around the idea of applying for a different job...There is an ad in the paper today. I'm a perfect fit.
Same here... good luck with yours.

But I thought you liked your job???

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
binary visions said:
Construction contractors suck
You don't really want to get me started do you?
Welp, my bitching finally paid off. An engineer from the city of Worcester forced the builder to come to my house and basically told the builder I have 2 options for my garage floor (which has cracked in the middle and sunk 7" in the back)
Now this is normal settling as far as the builder is concerned.
It's still functional, but the bench I put in 2 years ago, which was level is now down about 2" off level on the left. So basically it sunk and cracked, but I don't think It's gonna get any worse.
2 Options
1. Grout the floor (pour another layer of concrete over the existing floor and level it off
2. Rip up the floor completely, recompact, repour

I chose options 1 as it will be quicker. It was so funny being next to the builder :D
He had an uneasy look on his face the whole time. The inspector mad him very nervous. On top of that work, he has to give me a written statement, signed as to what is to occur and when, and also has to provide me with an extended warranty for the floor. So I have until Friday to clean all my crap out of the garage, rip out the stair, bench and whatnot. Then I, YES, I will have to rebuild another bench and stairs. The builders original stairs in the garage seperated from the wall and collapsed, and as well was built out of concrete form wood, complete with concrete. I picked them up, carried them out of the garage and threw them on the lawn a week after I moved in and then built a real set of stairs. The builder witnessed this event too (me throwing the stairs) :D
Someday my NEW house will be finished.

Knuckle :D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Same here... good luck with yours.

But I thought you liked your job???
I do but my boss is killing me.

I hate working till 5 because I don't get home till 6. I asked him if I can change my hours and he didn't even give me a response. He gave me a $1/hr raise after working here 1.5yrs and taking classes to better my skills. He gave another woman who works here a $0.96/hr raise. If thats what I have to look forward to well... maybe it's not a bad idea.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Knuckleslammer said:
You don't really want to get me started do you?
Welp, my bitching finally paid off. An engineer from the city of Worcester forced the builder to come to my house and basically told the builder I have 2 options for my garage floor (which has cracked in the middle and sunk 7" in the back)
Now this is normal settling as far as the builder is concerned.
It's still functional, but the bench I put in 2 years ago, which was level is now down about 2" off level on the left. So basically it sunk and cracked, but I don't think It's gonna get any worse.
2 Options
1. Grout the floor (pour another layer of concrete over the existing floor and level it off
2. Rip up the floor completely, recompact, repour

I chose options 1 as it will be quicker. It was so funny being next to the builder :D
He had an uneasy look on his face the whole time. The inspector mad him very nervous. On top of that work, he has to give me a written statement, signed as to what is to occur and when, and also has to provide me with an extended warranty for the floor. So I have until Friday to clean all my crap out of the garage, rip out the stair, bench and whatnot. Then I, YES, I will have to rebuild another bench and stairs. The builders original stairs in the garage seperated from the wall and collapsed, and as well was built out of concrete form wood, complete with concrete. I picked them up, carried them out of the garage and threw them on the lawn a week after I moved in and then built a real set of stairs. The builder witnessed this event too (me throwing the stairs) :D
Someday my NEW house will be finished.

Knuckle :D
I would have went for option 2, they never compacted the soil properly to begin with.

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
Yeah I know, but it takes them 2 months to do that. The guy next door to me is having his third floor poured next week. Yes, that's 3rd. His back wall is separating from his side wall for the garage and has a 1/2" space after they dug it out, refilled it and recompacted it. Now nobody knows what to do with it.
IDIOTS

Knuckle

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
I Are Baboon said:
  • Downtown Disney
  • The Boardwalk

I have a ton of pics. Maybe I will post some later.

We're moving into the house in less than a month. We started packing yesterday and our apartment is in shambles right now.
Did you guys go to Pleasure Island?

MtnBikerNJ

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
jerrrrrsey
stosh said:
I do but my boss is killing me.

I hate working till 5 because I don't get home till 6. I asked him if I can change my hours and he didn't even give me a response. He gave me a $1/hr raise after working here 1.5yrs and taking classes to better my skills. He gave another woman who works here a $0.96/hr raise. If thats what I have to look forward to well... maybe it's not a bad idea.
um, there are those of us that being able to leave at 5 is a complete LUXURY! and that is AFTER getting to work by 9am. I'm lucky to be home before 8 or 9pm. forget being able to ride after work...

so, again, why are you bailing on monkeyfest?