Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MtnBikerNJ said:
um, there are those of us that being able to leave at 5 is a complete LUXURY! and that is AFTER getting to work by 9am. I'm lucky to be home before 8 or 9pm. forget being able to ride after work...

so, again, why are you bailing on monkeyfest?
Man I come to work at 9 but I WISH I could come in at 7 or so so I could leave early.

What are you going to MonkeyFest now?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
stosh said:
How cold is the water there?
pretty damn cold, i think. maybe like coastal maine? not too cold for my sons, but too cold for me (and when there is no sun to warm you, and a constant cool breeze, it makes it seem colder).

MtnBikerNJ

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
jerrrrrsey
as for my weekend, my mother-in-law came to visit. FOR 3 WEEKS. I can hardly stand the excitement! actually, I really like her, but then again, its for 3 WEEKS...

I did alot of housework, played xbox (project gotham2) - I even got my wife to play but it was only because one of the cars is a mini cooper. And had my eyes checked (lost my glasses a while ago - like 1.5 years ago). Didn't get to ride at all though. had to do yardwork instead :(

MtnBikerNJ

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
jerrrrrsey
yea I think I'm going. 7 hours though. if there isn't going to be a ride on sunday morning I'm not going to go (7 hour drive 1 way to only ride on saturday is a bit excessive maybe?)

EDIT: if you don't firmly commit to going they can't give you sh!t for bailing ;)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
pretty damn cold, i think. maybe like coastal maine? not too cold for my sons, but too cold for me (and when there is no sun to warm you, and a constant cool breeze, it makes it seem colder).
ha we went swimming in Maine last year. I love to see people's faces when they jump in for the first time.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Brian HCM#1 said:
I see that sh*t all the time, I know here in CA, they have gotten real tough on stuff like that.
The compaction typ spec is like every 6" or 8" it's supposed to be compacted.

All houses do settle though but pouring a slab 3 times is crazy.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MtnBikerNJ said:
yea I think I'm going. 7 hours though. if there isn't going to be a ride on sunday morning I'm not going to go (7 hour drive 1 way to only ride on saturday is a bit excessive maybe?)

EDIT: if you don't firmly commit to going they can't give you sh!t for bailing ;)
Yeah I know... I was pretty firm but... things changed as the summer went along.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i spent a lot of summers as a kid up in maine, and we'd stay in the water until our lips were blue and we were dehydrated. funny how your internal thermostat changes as you get older...once i swam in the caribbean, the atlantic never held much allure after that.

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
Brian HCM#1 said:
I see that sh*t all the time, I know here in CA, they have gotten real tough on stuff like that.
My hood is brutal dood. They put the sidewalks in and realized that all the houses are 2' too low. Caus the builder was too cheap to bring in dirt and build a retaining wall behind the homes. So they had to rip up 1/2 my driveway to slope it up to the sidewalk so I can get my car out. So I have a ski slope for a driveway, 1/2 dirt, 1/2 tar. I'd opt to have the floor ripped out, but they are so slow it would take 3 months to do it and I want to have my driveway replaced also. It's been 2 YEARS and my house isn't done yet. I'm tired of my garage flooding, and dirt washing down my driveway. PATIENCE=EXPHUCKINGSPIRED. The builder offered as well to replace the driveway. I said nope, I'm having an ACTUAL driveway company do it for $1500, so my garage isn't like a swimming pool when it rains. 2 years man, and the street is not finished (final coat)
They don't know where the bases for the street lights are as they are buried. They went to look for the catch basins (drains) and realized that 1/2 of them were in the middle of peoples driveways. They had to rip up the unfinished street, rip up peoples driveways to move the drains. One guy has a drain at the end of his driveway with the piece of granite behind it. He has to make a 8 point turn to get his car out of the driveway, so the left side is basically useless. It's unreal this sheit. Yet the builder still builds houses and the town doesn't seem to care. The engineer who came to my house was awesome though. Got me all hooked up. The crack hasn't got any worse, so the repour should be ok.
Knuckle

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
i spent a lot of summers as a kid up in maine, and we'd stay in the water until our lips were blue and we were dehydrated. funny how your internal thermostat changes as you get older...once i swam in the caribbean, the atlantic never held much allure after that.
Bwahhhhhhh where did you go in Maine?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Knuckleslammer said:
My hood is brutal dood. They put the sidewalks in and realized that all the houses are 2' too low. Caus the builder was too cheap to bring in dirt and build a retaining wall behind the homes. So they had to rip up 1/2 my driveway to slope it up to the sidewalk so I can get my car out. So I have a ski slope for a driveway, 1/2 dirt, 1/2 tar. I'd opt to have the floor ripped out, but they are so slow it would take 3 months to do it and I want to have my driveway replaced also. It's been 2 YEARS and my house isn't done yet. I'm tired of my garage flooding, and dirt washing down my driveway. PATIENCE=EXPHUCKINGSPIRED. The builder offered as well to replace the driveway. I said nope, I'm having an ACTUAL driveway company do it for $1500, so my garage isn't like a swimming pool when it rains. 2 years man, and the street is not finished (final coat)
They don't know where the bases for the street lights are as they are buried. They went to look for the catch basins (drains) and realized that 1/2 of them were in the middle of peoples driveways. They had to rip up the unfinished street, rip up peoples driveways to move the drains. One guy has a drain at the end of his driveway with the piece of granite behind it. He has to make a 8 point turn to get his car out of the driveway, so the left side is basically useless. It's unreal this sheit. Yet the builder still builds houses and the town doesn't seem to care. The engineer who came to my house was awesome though. Got me all hooked up. The crack hasn't got any worse, so the repour should be ok.
Knuckle
The garage should NEVER EVER be lower than grade.

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
Forget swimming in MA, ME, RI

Just forget it. Unless your s-faced, or your a kid. My kid is out of control. She'll swim if it's 50 deg.

I'm going to disney in September. I can't wait :dead:
NOT

It's my kids dream though, so I'll put myself through the misery. We have the hopper thing and are staying in Disney. I can't wait till it's over
:mumble:

It's gonna be a miseryfest, I just know it. 2 hours to get on a ride. PFFFFFFFF................
They can take Disney and shove it up their ass. My kid will have a blast, so I'll grin and bear it. Driving down there too :dead:

Knuckle

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
stosh said:
Biggins: Well start using it now

well hopefully tomorrow will be a new avatar.no more comp at home so i will have to do it at a friends house tonight.

MtnBikerNJ

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
jerrrrrsey
what's grade?

my garage is slightly above the rest of the drive. is that what you mean?

that sucks knuckle. I can't believe the developer hasn't been strung up by his ballz

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
MtnBikerNJ said:
what's grade?

my garage is slightly above the rest of the drive. is that what you mean?

that sucks knuckle. I can't believe the developer hasn't been strung up by his ballz
This is what he means. This is what it is not supposed to be like. A sketch of the side view of my house. Wonderful ha? Nice lip on that 1/4 pipe ha?

Knuckle

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
biggins said:
well hopefully tomorrow will be a new avatar.no more comp at home so i will have to do it at a friends house tonight.
why no comp at home?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Knuckleslammer said:
This is what he means. This is what it is not supposed to be like. A sketch of the side view of my house. Wonderful ha? Nice lip on that 1/4 pipe ha?

Knuckle

Yep thats exactly it!

The driveway is one big gutter and it should never aim at a house.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Knuckleslammer said:
It's gonna be a miseryfest, I just know it. 2 hours to get on a ride. PFFFFFFFF................
They can take Disney and shove it up their ass. My kid will have a blast, so I'll grin and bear it. Driving down there too :dead:
Knuck, I can only think of one thing when I read your posts...

"It's true! I'm a Rageaholic! I just can't live without rageahol!" -Homer Simpson

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
binary visions said:
Knuck, I can only think of one thing when I read your posts...

"It's true! I'm a Rageaholic! I just can't live without rageahol!" -Homer Simpson

Well I come from a long line of rageholics. I couldn't believe the website was available so I bought it. Too bad I know nothing about html ha? Website sucks.
Welp, hopefully if I have a kid with my wife it will be another daughter caus the rage will end with me. No more Farrell's stalking the planet in an uncontrolable rage.

I wish I was looking forward to disney. I get panic attacks on planes, so I can't fly, and there's no ammount of medicine that will help. Valium and all that crap has little effect on me, so I have to drive. Sucks man. I know when I get to Disney I'm not gonna have my required 4' circle of space, so I'm not gonna be happy. Welp, booze and drugs will be the order of the day for the 10 days when I'm down there
:D

:nuts:

Knuckle

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
ROCKLAND said:
Swiming in the ocean!?! Ahhah haha! That's a hoot. Y'all are crazy. Brrrr :D
My parent's where up there this weekend actually.

I don't mind swimming in the ocean in Maine. Although I do do it a lot less now that I'm older.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
stosh said:
why no comp at home?
my work took it back.lol.i was technically not supposed to have it but they were cool about it so now im in the market for a very cheap computer. the avatars will be spectacular though i assure you of that

MtnBikerNJ

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
jerrrrrsey
yea I can see why having a driveway like that might suck. except when I used to skate, then it might have been kinda fun.

luckily I live at the top of a big hill. I feel sorry for the people at the bottom when it rains. it floods like a LAKE

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Mornin all.

I had a great weekend. Sat the weather sucked, so I just hung out at the house with the wife and kid. Ran around a bit, but kept it pretty low key. On Sunday the weather turned awesome and I got in a short yet fun ride with a buddy. Pictures here Went home afterwards and kept the low-key theme going.

Knuckle, your plight has helped me convince the wife to NOT look at new construction when we move (hopefully) next year.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MtnBikerNJ said:
yea I can see why having a driveway like that might suck. except when I used to skate, then it might have been kinda fun.

luckily I live at the top of a big hill. I feel sorry for the people at the bottom when it rains. it floods like a LAKE
People are supposed to know this stuff before they buy a house though.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
pixelninja said:
Mornin all.

I had a great weekend. Sat the weather sucked, so I just hung out at the house with the wife and kid. Ran around a bit, but kept it pretty low key. On Sunday the weather turned awesome and I got in a short yet fun ride with a buddy. Pictures here Went home afterwards and kept the low-key theme going.

Knuckle, your plight has helped me convince the wife to NOT look at new construction when we move (hopefully) next year.
I need to get some riding in this week. I'm going crazy!

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
stosh said:
People are supposed to know this stuff before they buy a house though.

Well the main problem is this.
#1 I'm not an architect :stosh:
Even though this is my 2nd build, I still diddnt' think of all the stuff you need to think about. You are so enthralled with "HOLY SHEIT, I'M BUYING A HOUSE" that you forget stuff.

In order to properly build a house, you have to
1. take 6 months off of work
2. camp out on the lot
3. watch every nail that is put in
4. Hire a civil engineer
5. hire a home inspector
6. see 3
7. see 3

See I was in a rush to buy the house too. My X had the option in court of having child support taken out of my check and I was like 1 paystub close to having the bank ask for 1 more. If they saw my check with -500 (at the time) they would have slammed down the hammer "DENIED"
So that's why I was in a rush and had to overlook some stuff. If I ever build another house. I will build it myself. Everything in life. Nobody does anything properly, with pride, and to completion.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
york beach, maine. still have v. fond memories of lobster bisque from fox's at nubble light, pulling out molars while chewing goldenrod saltwater taffy, and poking around for hours on end in the rocks and tidal pools of long sands, looking for crabs, starfish, etc.

MtnBikerNJ

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
jerrrrrsey
some of it should be common sense. although I do know a few people that are geniouses, but have the common sense of my big toe.

it was ONE of the factors that kept me from buying a house at the end of my street. the other factor was that houses at that end of the street are twice as expensive...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Knuckleslammer said:
Well the main problem is this.
#1 I'm not an architect :stosh:
Even though this is my 2nd build, I still diddnt' think of all the stuff you need to think about. You are so enthralled with "HOLY SHEIT, I'M BUYING A HOUSE" that you forget stuff.

In order to properly build a house, you have to
1. take 6 months off of work
2. camp out on the lot
3. watch every nail that is put in
4. Hire a civil engineer
5. hire a home inspector
6. see 3
7. see 3

See I was in a rush to buy the house too. My X had the option in court of having child support taken out of my check and I was like 1 paystub close to having the bank ask for 1 more. If they saw my check with -500 (at the time) they would have slammed down the hammer "DENIED"
So that's why I was in a rush and had to overlook some stuff. If I ever build another house. I will build it myself. Everything in life. Nobody does anything properly, with pride, and to completion.
So you rushed to buy a house just so your rage could screw your X!! :)

Just kidding! 2nd and 3rd opinions are always good. I always get 2 and 3 opinions from people on a house. They aren't as excited as I am.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
york beach, maine. still have v. fond memories of lobster bisque from fox's at nubble light, pulling out molars while chewing goldenrod saltwater taffy, and poking around for hours on end in the rocks and tidal pools of long sands, looking for crabs, starfish, etc.
Ahhhh Maine Tide pool rule!! The past years I've been noticing the difference in the amount of life in them though.

Here's a pic I took last year. This should send you back.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MtnBikerNJ said:
wow. that's neat. I've never been up there. wanna go though.
Maine is my favorite state. I've never been there in winter though.