Quantcast

~~~Good Monday Morning!!~~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I know this GMT's got nothing on the monkeyfest but I'm glad everybody seems to have made it him ok.

Anybody else do anything this weeked?

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
man i didnt do anything was gonna go to dukesfest but my copilot bailed on me so i raced go-carts a lot at the track down the road. then made a super bad ass dinner last night:

puerco pebil-mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. my new favorite dish

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh

Rode Friday after work - or at least I tried to. Taco'd my front wheel about half way into the ride, had to hike out bummed and bruised. Regular run of the mill stuff the rest of the weekend - birthday party, errands, house stuff, etc..

Hey, those Kenda tires you bought at MBW - what model are they, do you know? I'm kicking myself for not buying those Klaws for $10 :rolleyes:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Since I had to miss Monkeyfest to work on Saturday afternoon, I told my boss I wasn't coming in Friday. Went for a good road ride, packed up a bunch of stuff and went camping with the girl I'm dating. Good midnight swimming, some beer.. An excellent night :thumb:

Then spent a significant portion of Saturday working and being extremely jealous of you :monkey: 's who were up in VT...

Spend all day on Sunday doing yardwork at my dad's with the promise of excellent steaks and good wine at the end of the day which were faithfully provided to me :D

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Morning all, did a good ride yesterday...but it was really wet, the trail ends really cool with a super long steep drop into the parking lot at the end...but right as I was about to get to the beginning of the drop i heard the ever pleasing sound of a pinch flat. :think:. Being the smart college student i am i decided Fvck it ! im gonna ride it. So i rode the flat all the way to the bottom. now i have a crossmax that is pretty outa true :think:.grrrrrrrr gonna spend tonite wrenching

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh

Rode Friday after work - or at least I tried to. Taco'd my front wheel about half way into the ride, had to hike out bummed and bruised. Regular run of the mill stuff the rest of the weekend - birthday party, errands, house stuff, etc..

Hey, those Kenda tires you bought at MBW - what model are they, do you know? I'm kicking myself for not buying those Klaws for $10 :rolleyes:
Oh man you always screw things up on your bikes... you're always breaking stuff.

Thats sucks though dude. Sorry to hear about your fall.
I'll get you the model in one min. They all begin with "K" so I can never remember the model... it's like Kenetics or something...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
Morning! Had a fun time at Monkeyfest (see the pics and you'll enjoy them). Today, I am teaching lessons off and on throughout the morning and then it's housework. YEAH! :rolleyes:
who are you teaching?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Yo.

My bike needs some serious love. It's squeaking and creaking everywhere, and my goddamn chain broke AGAIN, so I removed two links to fix it. Cripes.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
*see my custom title*
Yeah.... like even when we went riding in Tamaqua you crashed pretty hardcore.... why do you feel you need new tires?

Oh the Dark Horse 40 was this weekend. MTA should be nice and cleaned up. I'm riding there this week. Think you can swing down this weekend?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
Yeah.... like even when we went riding in Tamaqua you crashed pretty hardcore.... why do you feel you need new tires?

Oh the Dark Horse 40 was this weekend. MTA should be nice and cleaned up. I'm riding there this week. Think you can swing down this weekend?
Not this weekend - got a full plate for once - golf tourney on saturday and Paragon on Sunday. I'm thinking about taking a sick day next week to ride though... you feel a cough coming on?

As for tires, my favorite tires (TyrannoRaptors) are pretty worn, and the Ritchey's I got for the 575 don't have enough lateral traction... Thinking about Kenda Klaws or Fire XCs. How do those Kendas compare to the Fire XCs?

The scary thing about the Tamaqua crash was that it wasn't even all that rough - at least not by my standards. I usually get my money's worth out of wreck.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I Are Baboon said:
Yo.

My bike needs some serious love. It's squeaking and creaking everywhere, and my goddamn chain broke AGAIN, so I removed two links to fix it. Cripes.
your custom title should be "smooth shifter" :rolleyes:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Not this weekend - got a full plate for once - golf tourney on saturday and Paragon on Sunday. I'm thinking about taking a sick day next week to ride though... you feel a cough coming on?

As for tires, my favorite tires (TyrannoRaptors) are pretty worn, and the Ritchey's I got for the 575 don't have enough lateral traction... Thinking about Kenda Klaws or Fire XCs. How do those Kendas compare to the Fire XCs?

The scary thing about the Tamaqua crash was that it wasn't even all that rough - at least not by my standards. I usually get my money's worth out of wreck.
I can't take a day off next week. I'm going to Cali Friday so I have that day off.

Comparing the Fire XC's and my new Kenda's is kinda like apples to oranges. The kenda's totally rock but are slower and heavier.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Got a 40 mile road ride in yesterday -- about 5 miles too long.

Looks like summer is finally here. 98F today and suppose to top out at 100F tomorrow.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Wumpus said:
Got a 40 mile road ride in yesterday -- about 5 miles too long.

Looks like summer is finally here. 98F today and suppose to top out at 100F tomorrow.
Yeah looks like summer is here too 86 today... Wahoooo!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
manhattanprjkt83 said:
I'm bored out of my skull at work :nopity:
Yeah and it appears my boss will be coming into the office in a bad mood today.. yeppie!!

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i'm having a blast here at the homestead wooo hoo! :p

my freind is gonna help me take a shower pretty soon.

she said she might even get naked this time.

life isn't bad at all. :p

Actually goin to the doc today and maybe get some staples pulled out of my knee where they opened me up last week. If you want i could send em to ya Stosh, y'know in case you have any really big huge paper files you need heavy duty staples for. Best not to be wasteful i say, and your company may look favorably on that, shaving expenses and all. :dancing:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Skookum said:
i'm having a blast here at the homestead wooo hoo! :p

my freind is gonna help me take a shower pretty soon.

she said she might even get naked this time.

life isn't bad at all. :p

Actually goin to the doc today and maybe get some staples pulled out of my knee where they opened me up last week. If you want i could send em to ya Stosh, y'know in case you have any really big huge paper files you need heavy duty staples for. Best not to be wasteful i say, and your company may look favorably on that, shaving expenses and all. :dancing:
Yeah send them right out!!!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
A little late to this thread - but good Morning (hey it is still morning) - had a blast at Monkeyfest, and I was able to get out for a road ride on Sunday evening. I might do another road ride tonight and hopefully a MTB ride on Tuesday night.

I think IAB's new custom title should be "the masher" :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
A little late to this thread - but good Morning (hey it is still morning) - had a blast at Monkeyfest, and I was able to get out for a road ride on Sunday evening. I might do another road ride tonight and hopefully a MTB ride on Tuesday night.

I think IAB's new custom title should be "the masher" :)
wanna ride MTA this weekend?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Echo said:
pfft. Like anyone's gonna ride with you now.

Didn't you say you would forfeit your right to post on RM after you bailed?

:devil:
I'll accept my punishment if you wish.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I Are Baboon said:
Mark can't make it. He's riding with me Sunday. :D
Ahh......Stosh should come up and ride with us. Or we could scope out some new trails in and around the Danbury area - that would be good middle ground.

What say ye Stosh and Babs??

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Mornin all.
Decent weekend here. Sat was spent running around. Talked to a few banks about getting a line of credit for an investment opportunity. Haven't signed any papers yet, but the way this whole deal is working out, things are looking sweet.

On Sunday, I got out for a short (2.5 hour) mtb ride with a buddy. For all you Front Range people, I finally climbed Mt Falcon non-stop to the shelter :thumb: Took almost 50 minutes to do it (slow and steady) but we did it. Ride pictures to come soon. Went home and spent the afternoon playing with the kid while the wife went to a bridal shower.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MMcG said:
Ahh......Stosh should come up and ride with us. Or we could scope out some new trails in and around the Danbury area - that would be good middle ground.

What say ye Stosh and Babs??
I'm just busting Stosh's balls. :D Feel free to do as you please.

I'll ride wherever. All I know is me and MBC FINALLY have nothing planned for the next five or six weekends....except that whole packing and moving thing (hopefully we can get the packing done on weeknights).

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MtnBikerChk said:
no way. if he's riding with us, he's going to drag his ass all the way here.

:eviltongu
If you came down here you could go shopping at Woodburry Commons!!