Quantcast

*** Good Monday/X-mas Eve Morning ***

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning monkies! Syd just opened her "santa" gifts at home as we'll be travelling to the folks tonight & inlaws tomorrow. She was REALLY excited and had a lot of fun. Now, we're playing with the new toys and trying on her new jammies (she's obsessed with PJs).

This weekend I put on my Betty Crocker hat and made 8 different types of cookies (about 48 dozen), fudge (4 lbs), cheesecake (3 of them) and now I am making lasagne. Needless to say I am ready to relax with several glasses of christmas cheer.

I hope you all are enjoying your day!

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
Yes, holiday greetings to all. Geargrrl is winding down after working nonstop since before Thanksgiving. Yesterday was my first day off in weeks. ** I AM taking the week off. I'm not quite the baking maniac that Treesaw is, but I managed to make 5 different kinds of cookies.

I took a gift plate to the LBS yesterday, love to see those guys smile.
We do our holiday things tonight, and then go skiing on Xmas day.
Merry Xmas to all, and to all a good ride.

**got the Team Front Row GB uniform coats off to UK by Fed Ex on Saturday; the riders leave for Lisbon Dec. 29. Whew!!!

geargrrl

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Hey everybody. Good Christmas Eve to all. great weekend relaxing with my kid, took in a great minor league hockey game Sat. nite and lounged watching football all day yesterday. Visiting the 2 LBS in town today and dropping off bottles of Christmas cheer to the gang that keeps my sleighs running all year.

Merry Christmas and Happy holidays to all the Monkeys!!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Yes, holiday greetings to all. Geargrrl is winding down after working nonstop since before Thanksgiving. Yesterday was my first day off in weeks. ** I AM taking the week off. I'm not quite the baking maniac that Treesaw is, but I managed to make 5 different kinds of cookies.

I took a gift plate to the LBS yesterday, love to see those guys smile.
We do our holiday things tonight, and then go skiing on Xmas day.
Merry Xmas to all, and to all a good ride.

**got the Team Front Row GB uniform coats off to UK by Fed Ex on Saturday; the riders leave for Lisbon Dec. 29. Whew!!!

geargrrl
Sounds like fun!!!

What types of cookies did you make? I always like to do a few standards and throw in 1-2 different ones each year.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
you don't do "santa" gifts Xmas morning?
Yes, she gets 3 different days of Christmas. X-mas even morning (this year -- next year we want to stay home and do it all on X-mas morning) we do our santa gifts, then we head to my folks for x-mas eve dinner and gifts from my siblings. X-mas morning santa gives us all gifts (my folks side) and then we leave for Rochester to have x-mas dinner with Sq-Earl's great grandmother, aunt & uncles. Finally, the day after x-mas we receive santa gifts from Sq-Earl's folks. Phew...it's a marathon.

dirttastesgood

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2006
CT
I was supposed to go ride but I'm still sick. Everyone is doing family stuff so there's no one to chill with. So far this x-mas blows and I plan on being the Grinch

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Morning. I gave up on the notion of baking a pumpkin cheesecake this year. I'm just not feeling up to doing much either, since I think I have a sinus infection. Nothing quite like feeling like crap over the holidays.

Besides that, all my shopping is done, most of my wrapping is done, most of the decorating at my parent's house is done. All that's left is to have to cook a bleedin' turkey, eat and fall asleep again. Oh, and drink a bunch of burbon.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Morning. I gave up on the notion of baking a pumpkin cheesecake this year. I'm just not feeling up to doing much either, since I think I have a sinus infection. Nothing quite like feeling like crap over the holidays.

Besides that, all my shopping is done, most of my wrapping is done, most of the decorating at my parent's house is done. All that's left is to have to cook a bleedin' turkey, eat and fall asleep again. Oh, and drink a bunch of burbon.
Mmmm....pumpkin cheesecake & bourbon. Merry Christmas for sure!!!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Morning! I'm tired and sore from so much skiing. Tonight we're off to some friends' house for a get together with drinks and food. Woot Woot!

G-spot

Monkey
May 3, 2004
Chester,Va.
Good Xmas Eve day and hope all those not working enjoy there time off with your families. I will enjoy mine at 4pm when I leave work and start the Xmas Cheer.Hope Every monkey has a GREAT Xmas Day and gets all the bike toys they want!!!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Happy Christmas Eve day everyone. At work right now, but barely workin.

Have a wonderful Christmas all you Christmas-celebrating Monkeys!!

Cheers,

MMcG

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
Sounds like fun!!!

What types of cookies did you make? I always like to do a few standards and throw in 1-2 different ones each year.
Russian Tea Cakes aka Snowballs
Toffee Bars ( pastry base w/chocolate on top, tastes just like toffee)
Cinnamon bars ( like a cinnamon shortbread)
2 batches of Nut Bars (pastry base w/pecan coconut goo on top)

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Merry Christmas Eve!

Sitting here, on a paid holiday from work, surfing the web. Been at BigT's parents house since yesterday. Tonight we're going to my parents house for the traditional family meal. Tomorrow is my family's presents, then back to BigT's for her side of the family.

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
I'm tired and sore from so much skiing.
Same here! My lower leg muscles need some serious strengthening. They are taking a beating these days.

Off to Psycho-Aunt's tonight for the 'Eve. It should be interesting. May be a short night, depending on whether she goes off or not. She doesn't handle stress well, but for some reason though it'd be a fan-tab-ulous idea to host our annual 'Eve party this year. It's like waiting for a bomb to explode & not knowing what the timer is set for... tick... tick... tick.... :crazy:

Then tomorrow Jordan & I will open gifts in the morning, and then we'll head over to my mother's for Christmas dinner in the afternoon. It'll be a little weird just being me & Jordan this year, but I'm sure it'll be fine. It may even be better, since the ex- was such a freaking Grinch!!!

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Same here! My lower leg muscles need some serious strengthening. They are taking a beating these days.
My shoulders are sore. The legs are fine from cycling so much, and I thought all the swimming I do would take care of the upper body part but I guess not.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
It is snowing hard outside. Woot woot. I went for a walk and came back covered in powder. I love winter!

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
morning all.
i just rolled out of bed. i went to bed at 1230, so i got a solid 14 hours of sleep. now it is time to head downstairs to most likely be yelled at for sleeping all day instead of being around to be yelled at for either not helping around the house or getting in the way.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
merry xmas!!
I just finished up a nice XC loop near my parents place in Ojai.
Sunny, in the 70's.....freakin sweet!

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Good afternoon everyone!

I am about an hour away from starting the annual Christmas Eve party at my parents place. Normally consists of a lot of family coming over from all over, getting tanked, singing, white elephant gift exchange, etc.

Can't wait. I haven't been able to drink for a week because of the antibiotics I was taking after getting my 4 wisdom teeth removed. I love beer and hanging out with my family. Should be awesome!

Hope everyone is well and has a great Holiday. =]