Quantcast

Good Morning, Miami!

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Back on terra firma. Two more flights to go...big props to American Airlines customer service. My son left his Nintendo Switch on the flight to Lima last week. They called us last Friday and said they found it, and it was in the Lima airport, just come and pick it up. They tracked it by seat number. Never had that happen before.

Last edited:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Hadn't ridden for three months, I watched the Finke Desert race documentary and seeing a paraplegic race it on a motorbike guilted me in to going for a ride tonight.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Slept on the floor with Layla again. Much better once I crawled down with her, but not even having gotten up yet, I know I'm going to be sore as fuck.

Apparently there is a daddy/daughter dance today. More bike work and studying.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Slept on the floor with Layla again. Much better once I crawled down with her, but not even having gotten up yet, I know I'm going to be sore as fuck.

Apparently there is a daddy/daughter dance today. More bike work and studying.
Dunno why, but there's something that makes me incredibly uncomfortable about daddy/daughter dances. I'm sure I'll have to attend one during dad duties, but it all just feels weird.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
You coming out Monday night, Stoney?
(Heh.)
Trying. Need to sort out Hannah's gymnastics and Layla, with Monday being an office day for Wifey. I'm leaving Wifey solo with Hannah and Layla Tuesday because it's Haley's league night, but she can't carry Layla. Leaving her solo 2 nights in a row, she'd kill me.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Dunno why, but there's something that makes me incredibly uncomfortable about daddy/daughter dances. I'm sure I'll have to attend one during dad duties, but it all just feels weird.
I agree so much. Apparently they have an awesome dessert bar, which is why all the girls want to go. The 2-3 dads I know are all like "Dessert? Cool. I meet you there and the girls can just play."

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
What it do, brotatoes. I've got a 5K race to run and am here an hour early because that's how I roll. I'm trying to talk Wife into skipping our road ride tomorrow in favor of MTB. We've got a half Ironman in a couple of months so she's feeling some pressure to get the road fitness up. 56 miles in that race...she can roll out of bed and hammer out 56 miles.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
gym, taking kid go karting, then annual gala for work. hate it but at least it's free booze and i don't really have to do anything other than show up and chit chat a bit. better go make sure my tux still fits. brb.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I guess growing up at the beach in Santa Monica/ Malibu was a bit different. I can't recall father /daughter dances. I do remember father daughter surfing contests though.

It was nice to sleep in today. yard work and minor camper repair and clean up in on the docket. Working a horse show from 0630 to 1830 tomorrow. at least its only 10 miles down the road. still going to camp there as I really don't want to get up at 0430 tomorrow vs 0600 if I am already there and set up

but first. Espresso

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
35ish miles and 6000ish verts have got my name on them today. It's just about above 40 freedums to drop in at the start from home for a 1600ft descent, BRB.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
My girls loved them, though. I'm glad they're not in dance activities now, so I don't get dragged into them anymore. (Now they're in play-level gymnastics, swimming, and one's still playing violin.)

taking kid go karting
not you, too, now

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Trying. Need to sort out Hannah's gymnastics and Layla, with Monday being an office day for Wifey. I'm leaving Wifey solo with Hannah and Layla Tuesday because it's Haley's league night, but she can't carry Layla. Leaving her solo 2 nights in a row, she'd kill me.
You telling her "but honey, RIDEIT IS IN TOWN!!!" isn't going to fly?

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Desayuno on a solo ride.

I actually set the ride up better than usual...parked at the cafe 2/3 of the way up to the DH trailhead, climbed from there, kitted up, descended the whole way, then dekitted and finished the easy dirt road climb back to the cafe to eat and load up. Normally we just start at the bottom and climb up, but then you have a big part of the descent after eating all that junk...
IMG-20220430-WA0002.jpg

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
So 15 years ago I bought a chair from the old lift 4 at Loveland Ski Area, the same ski area in @Nick ’s pictures today. It's been sitting in my buddy Josh's (motionboy2) garage that entire time. He's one of the main instigators of the Baja race team, and has been such an influence on me in so many ways including pushing me towards my current career path.

Anyways... My plan was always to make a patio bench or swing or something out of it, but life and bikes and skiing and getting married and moving and whatever else has relegated it to the deep dark recesses of my admittedly short attention span.

I'd mostly forgotten about the project, to be honest. Last night I got a text from Teh Spousal Unit™ informing me that "we have a ski chair now".

Wait. What?

Then I got a message from Josh on the the Baja team text thread that simply said: "Surprise!"

I cannot even begin to tell express how grateful and stoked and humbled I am right now.

EA4DB318-5E52-4074-A504-6D8FABA14DC7.jpeg

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
5th place overall out of 130 in my race, and took the age group win by six minutes. 22:02 on the race time which is slow for me, but the course was long and hilly, and the wind was pretty rough, and reasons and excuses.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Power still out...

Neighbors mist be freaking out now...our street is only a foot or two above the water level of the lake at the end of the street and they have a basement.

They've got a generator going in the front yard now, with extension cable going through the basement window. I'm guessing their sump pump pit is at critical levels. :busted:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Ran some errands in one of the sketchiest parts of town. In addition to the normal depressing human menagerie I am pretty sure I saw someone actually frothing at the mouth as they fought off invisible Jedis with a toy double bladed lightsaber.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Relocated Layla outside to get some smells and make it easier to go to the bathroom. It's the little things.
IMG_20220430_130139_01.jpg

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Went to house party until 2:45am. Haven’t done that for a while. Was great, there were lasers and smoke machines and lots of things and stuff. My feet hurt.