Quantcast

&gOOD MORNING&

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Morning, kids! I feel pretty good after a short night of sleep...good enough to get up at 5:00 for a 2700 yard swim. More exercise later!

From yesterday:
How were your meatballs? I'm too full of nachos and french fries to make wings. So I'll have my wings tomorrow after they marinate another 24 hours.
My meatballs came out great, thanks for asking. Four balls on a poppy seed roll with provolone, in the oven at 400 degrees until the cheese starts to brown. Awesome. I'll have another for dinner tonight. Enjoy your wings!

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
was all set to do some work this morning being that it's freaking cold out. Of course they had to send me a corrupted excel file. Now I wait.

[coolfatbikestorybro] Trails around here are primo right now, about 24 inches wide and crazy fast. One of the trail got a flowy fast middle section and the end is steeper with a really sharp turn at the end. In the summer you have a nice catch berm to whip you around, none in the winter so you have to be hard on the brake and double side skid the turn. Fun! But this time around I kinda dabbed in the upper portion and somehow layered my hot discs with snow.... Come to that last turn, hit the brakes and NOTHING! Twas a spectacular trail departure! [/coolfatbikestorybro]

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Woke up in an unnatural position pinned between the wife and the cats.
The good news, no headache this morning :banana:
The bad news, hip is sore as fuck due to the aforementioned lack of mobility. :disgust1:

Winning! :rofl:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
somehow layered my hot discs with snow.... Come to that last turn, hit the brakes and NOTHING! Twas a spectacular trail departure! [/coolfatbikestorybro]
Having that happen is something else. But thankfully a lot of us have experience with that sort of feeling, thanks to the wondering bite point on Shimano brakes.

Keeps you on your toes for sure. :rofl:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Didn't really realize how late I left for work this morning. Oops, strolled in here almost an hour past when I normally do. And then my laptop was frozen or some crap, so that added to the time. No one seems to have noticed, sweet.

Got passed by a police car on the freeway doing at least 140kmh this morning. Dude blew passed the traffic doing the regular 110-120/kmh, with no lights on. And then tail gated a bunch of pickup trucks in the left lane, still with no lights or anything. What a dickbag.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Didn't really realize how late I left for work this morning. Oops, strolled in here almost an hour past when I normally do. And then my laptop was frozen or some crap, so that added to the time. No one seems to have noticed, sweet.
its gonna be really tough going back to the office. i've grown quite accustomed to just rolling out of bed whenever.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I am eating two Costco butter croissants now. They are good.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Work. Working to schedule lunch with Director of potential new role. Not super stoked on idea, but at a certain point, my hands are tied if I'm going to go for this position.

MIL was bit of a pita making snarky comments yesterday when she heard what wifey and I were looking at spending to get her a new, properly insulated, ski jacket. Things ain't fucking cheap to start with and even at blow out prices from the outlet they are near $500. She has serious cold issues (amusingly from her mom's side of the family) and multiple layers on top of base layers isn't cutting it, so we're upscaling.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
MIL was bit of a pita making snarky comments yesterday when she heard what wifey and I were looking at spending to get her a new, properly insulated, ski jacket. Things ain't fucking cheap to start with and even at blow out prices from the outlet they are near $500. She has serious cold issues (amusingly from her mom's side of the family) and multiple layers on top of base layers isn't cutting it, so we're upscaling.
you should make your MIL a jacket out of a trash bag stuffed with old newspapers.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Gotta do battle with KS warranty regarding my second post failure in 8 months, oh Joy
RS response to my post having 1-2cm of drop upon sitting? "Withing range" Fuck that. I almost want to go back to a KS.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
you should make your MIL a jacket out of a trash bag stuffed with old newspapers.
She was all pissy when she spent $100 on a jacket from the Columbia outlet a few weeks ago. She's never lived outside of Santa Cruz since the age of 10, let alone gone up to 4* alpine and had to dealt with wind. Fucking ignorant soapbox preaching... "I don't need it, so why do you?" Fucking Boomer shit. Liberal, conservative, doesn't matter. Fucking Boomer self-righteousness.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
who schedules 8am meetings on a monday? assholes thats who

I have a 6:00 AM every Monday. Had three of them last week. This is with a team in India, it is late at night there so I cannot blame them. However my teammates constantly show up late if at all, doesn't really matter as I end up having to answer all the questions.

Kind of sick of it so called in sick this morning and went back to bed.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
She was all pissy when she spent $100 on a jacket from the Columbia outlet a few weeks ago. She's never lived outside of Santa Cruz since the age of 10, let alone gone up to 4* alpine and had to dealt with wind. Fucking ignorant soapbox preaching... "I don't need it, so why do you?" Fucking Boomer shit. Liberal, conservative, doesn't matter. Fucking Boomer self-righteousness.
"back in my day we made jackets out of dungarees the same as the curtains in the living room and pappy's truck! remember when a bowl of soup was a nickel?"

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
@stoney

I'll have her try her existing coat on with her similar vest. If it fits, we might try that. The secondary issue is that she can't zip her jacket up all the way with all her layers and gaiter, and the hood won't pull over her helmet. Adding another vest won't help with that. I've already gotten her heated socks and gloves, both of which are at full heat, and her hands and feet are still cold; just no longer hurting.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'll have her try her existing coat on with her similar vest. If it fits, we might try that. The secondary issue is that she can't zip her jacket up all the way with all her layers and gaiter, and the hood won't pull over her helmet. Adding another vest won't help with that. I've already gotten her heated socks and gloves, both of which are at full heat, and her hands and feet are still cold; just no longer hurting.

Sounds like she just needs to do some pushups or squat thrusts.

Or maybe a demon core in her pocket

Last edited:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
over hood version

extra toasty per my wife and kids

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Ah yes, the ignorance of someone whose only requirement for a winter coat is that it does an acceptable job of keeping you warm when the temperature drops.

Winter sports are much, much more enjoyable if you have the correct (and often expensive) gear.