Quantcast

&gOOD MORNING&

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Shit... I carry a backpack with a large water bottle and cooler sack with our lunches. If I do it right, our only expenses for the day are gas up and down. We've gotten into the habit with Wifey of parking in the garage, but that's a negligible cost, all things considered vs. a normal day buying lunch on the mtn. Passes and Haley's Devo are expensive up front costs, but I consider that a flat fee vs. variable $50-75/day for food and misc.
the mountain i rode with was much smaller, and i learned about a parking lot that was all the way at the end of the road on the resort (until i learned about a separate access road entrance, both of which were open for the public but not well marked) that was mid mountain on the back (side?) face - which just coincidentally had higher elevation (about 1k ft). there were no après services on that side of the mountain at the time, so it regularly was much less crowded. better conditions, better terrain (the only natural snow areas at the resort - including glades - but weren't always opened), so that's where i spent my time. and damn was it a good time. i eventually got in the habit of getting there early enough for firsties. being able to start and finish the day riding (from the car in the am and to it in the afternoon) were a nice bonus.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
the mountain i rode with was much smaller, and i learned about a parking lot that was all the way at the end of the road on the resort (until i learned about a separate access road entrance, both of which were open for the public but not well marked) that was mid mountain on the back (side?) face - which just coincidentally had higher elevation (about 1k ft). there were no après services on that side of the mountain at the time, so it regularly was much less crowded. better conditions, better terrain (the only natural snow areas at the resort - including glades - but weren't always opened), so that's where i spent my time. and damn was it a good time. i eventually got in the habit of getting there early enough for firsties. being able to start and finish the day riding (from the car in the am and to it in the afternoon) were a nice bonus.
The MaryJane lot is similar enough. Depending on how early you get there, you can ski to your car, which is nice.

crashmtb

Chimp
Dec 14, 2020
and you call yourself a mountainbiker!?!

my condolences.
Dude, leave him alone! We are a welcoming community, if you identify as mountainbiker your are part of the gang! :D
I don’t think I’ve ever called myself a mountain biker, come to think of it

I have tumbled down plenty of mountains, and things which are labeled as mountains, while on a bicycle. So that probably counts

In fact, I’ve just come up with THREE new untapped market segment names:
FrownCountry™️, FrownDuro™️, and Frownhill™️
all of which can be experience here, with our 400ft of vertical in places :busted: