Quantcast

Good news Thursderp GMT

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Good news. My contract got renewed so I can finally stop sweating about spending money.

Maybe a trip to the hills on the weekend will be a good way to celebrate that.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
HEY! I've slept almost 30 hours since Monday night and I need more. :lazy2: I did get out for an easy jog last night and felt surprisingly good. I managed to avoid the torrential rain that was swirling around the area too.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
:wave:

It's possible I've once again consumed too much dried fruit. Was contemplating a ride, but I feel like I should stay near a toilet for a while. :twitch:
At least your body did not program itself to get the shits every time you are in a hurry to go to work.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
oh my fuck. IT linked Salesforce and Outlook. It wiped half of my appts to ".". I have no idea what my calendar looks like for the next two months. Fucking mother fucking fuck. Thankfully I have a Google calendar I setup so that Wifey can schedule daycare for Haley, but that's only address and company name, not who I'm meeting with and if I have multiple meetings. Fucking fucking fuck.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
oh my fuck. IT linked Salesforce and Outlook. It wiped half of my appts to ".". I have no idea what my calendar looks like for the next two months. Fucking mother fucking fuck. Thankfully I have a Google calendar I setup so that Wifey can schedule daycare for Haley, but that's only address and company name, not who I'm meeting with and if I have multiple meetings. Fucking fucking fuck.
:popcorn:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
tell IT to hit "crtl-Z"
that'll fix everything.

you're welcome.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Rolled into work, found that there's a major network outage here. VoIP phones down (just up now), EMR super slow, ultrasound machines can't connect to the network thus can't pull up patient info.

Turns out a hospital relies quite a bit on the network these days. Go figure. (I wonder how many bitcoin the ransom will be! :D)

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
putting in a few hours in the orifice. no one's here. chill day.
May fish after work or go shoot some hoops, depends if I have my J's in the truck i guess.

-ss- -out maters are coming along nicely. I can't wait to prove you wrong. :D

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Rode bike downtown, did not shit myself. Cortado and a surprisingly tastey gluten free oatmeal cream pie at local roaster/coffee hole. Perhaps the GF bullshit will make me shit myself on the ride home?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
From yesterday's list...

5. Buy new to me Fox 36

Money$auce, motherfuckers. Scored this beauty for less than a handful of Benjis, less than 6 months old and barely a scratch on it. Travel is 170mm, offset is 44mm. Eventually this is likely to go on a long, low, slack hardtail I want to build this winter but for now I think I oughtta throw it on the 5.5 and send it.

6. Grocery store
7. Work
8. Ride some new trail...
Proper gnar, fully sanctioned, in Colorado, on a public trail. The trail is super unique for Colorado... it's not all a blazing fast high-speed DH run, there's some more slower tech in there too. Lots of weird, janky rock roll and drop maneuvers. Alt lines everywhere. The soil and rock work really need riders on it... everything was super loose and not very confidence inspiring. My bald rear tire didn't help either. The way some of the jumps and features were built has me scratching my head a bit, but I also concede that A. this type of riding isn't my strength and B. it really needs time to get ridden in and C. I only did one (1) lap so we were going really slow and doing inspection of everything rather than sending things. We did hit a few of the features though. Once it's ridden in, and I learn the moves, I think it'll be plenty awesome.

I was/am a little bummed that the climb up is ~25-30 minutes and not 15, which would facilitate/inspire me to do multiple laps a little more. But the climb up is fairly easy, and just techy enough to keep a person engaged without being so techy or steep that it blows you up for the DH. Climb is 2-1/2 miles for a 1-1/2 mile descent.

9. Beer
10. Profit!
I didn't get any pictures, nor can I find any on the internets, of the scene at the bottom of the trail system. But rest assured, there was free BBQ pork sammiches with sides from a local joint (Smokin' Yards) and plenty of Bro Beers to go around. Beer and profit, for sure.

Unrelated or maybe semi-related... "Summer's over folks. Moose out front should have told ya."

CC: @SkaredShtles

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
From yesterday's list...

Money$auce, motherfuckers. Scored this beauty for less than a handful of Benjis, less than 6 months old and barely a scratch on it. Travel is 170mm, offset is 44mm. Eventually this is likely to go on a long, low, slack hardtail I want to build this winter but for now I think I oughtta throw it on the 5.5 and send it.

Proper gnar, fully sanctioned, in Colorado, on a public trail. The trail is super unique for Colorado... it's not all a blazing fast high-speed DH run, there's some more slower tech in there too. Lots of weird, janky rock roll and drop maneuvers. Alt lines everywhere. The soil and rock work really need riders on it... everything was super loose and not very confidence inspiring. My bald rear tire didn't help either. The way some of the jumps and features were built has me scratching my head a bit, but I also concede that A. this type of riding isn't my strength and B. it really needs time to get ridden in and C. I only did one (1) lap so we were going really slow and doing inspection of everything rather than sending things. We did hit a few of the features though. Once it's ridden in, and I learn the moves, I think it'll be plenty awesome.

I was/am a little bummed that the climb up is ~25-30 minutes and not 15, which would facilitate/inspire me to do multiple laps a little more. But the climb up is fairly easy, and just techy enough to keep a person engaged without being so techy or steep that it blows you up for the DH. Climb is 2-1/2 miles for a 1-1/2 mile descent.

I didn't get any pictures, nor can I find any on the internets, of the scene at the bottom of the trail system. But rest assured, there was free BBQ pork sammiches with sides from a local joint (Smokin' Yards) and plenty of Bro Beers to go around. Beer and profit, for sure.

Unrelated or maybe semi-related... "Summer's over folks. Moose out front should have told ya."

CC: @SkaredShtles
I will try to look at the sidewalls when I leave this meeting. Today's been a rolling clusterfuck (see above).

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
i foresee someone getting in a lot of trouble. in canada moose are practically citizens.
Oh yeah they did...

Unofficial Networks said:
Update: Shortly after the video became public, B.C. conservation officers investigated and identified the two men. In June 2016, they were charged with three counts under the Wildlife Act, including harassment of wildlife with the use of a boat; an attempt to capture wildlife, and hunting big game that is swimming.

The men were convicted and fined $2,000 each and also ordered to pay an additional $2,000 to the Habitat Conservation Trust Foundation.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I have a feeling that tomorrow is going to be full on fuck you Friday mode. After my boss quit, I got stuck under somebody else who might suck. Turns out he invited the rest of his group to a happy hour except for my coworker and I who just got put under him. Let's see how long this job search takes....