Quantcast

Good news Thursderp GMT

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
4000ft up, 4000ft down. Chased off the peak by storms :(

2hr50 to the top, 1hr20 back down and some sore hands, forearms and legs from the rocky descent with a rigid setup :D

profile.png
20190822_112150-1280x720.jpg

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
my good news is that I am at Targhee Schralping the gnar.
Well, nearly saw god at around 25 miles an hour. Managed to roll my ankle going that fast, with the rear tire swapping back and forth uncontrollably, a 5 foot rocky drop on one side. Never rolled an ankle while actually staying on my bike before.
Did get a Strava trophy on another trail though...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
From yesterday's list...

Money$auce, motherfuckers. Scored this beauty for less than a handful of Benjis, less than 6 months old and barely a scratch on it. Travel is 170mm, offset is 44mm. Eventually this is likely to go on a long, low, slack hardtail I want to build this winter but for now I think I oughtta throw it on the 5.5 and send it.

Proper gnar, fully sanctioned, in Colorado, on a public trail. The trail is super unique for Colorado... it's not all a blazing fast high-speed DH run, there's some more slower tech in there too. Lots of weird, janky rock roll and drop maneuvers. Alt lines everywhere. The soil and rock work really need riders on it... everything was super loose and not very confidence inspiring. My bald rear tire didn't help either. The way some of the jumps and features were built has me scratching my head a bit, but I also concede that A. this type of riding isn't my strength and B. it really needs time to get ridden in and C. I only did one (1) lap so we were going really slow and doing inspection of everything rather than sending things. We did hit a few of the features though. Once it's ridden in, and I learn the moves, I think it'll be plenty awesome.

I was/am a little bummed that the climb up is ~25-30 minutes and not 15, which would facilitate/inspire me to do multiple laps a little more. But the climb up is fairly easy, and just techy enough to keep a person engaged without being so techy or steep that it blows you up for the DH. Climb is 2-1/2 miles for a 1-1/2 mile descent.

I didn't get any pictures, nor can I find any on the internets, of the scene at the bottom of the trail system. But rest assured, there was free BBQ pork sammiches with sides from a local joint (Smokin' Yards) and plenty of Bro Beers to go around. Beer and profit, for sure.

Unrelated or maybe semi-related... "Summer's over folks. Moose out front should have told ya."

CC: @SkaredShtles
Cool Rocks. Jim Rep given...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Power out here. Stop lights out, chaos on the road (fine on bicycle), house dark and quiet. Well, except for my 3 kids.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Shake down ride on new-to-me fat shaft RC4. So much nicer than the DHX2. :think:
My DHX2 started leaking oil on the shaft a lot sooner than I would have expected. Sent it along with wife's fat shaft RC4 off for service. I've never got the DHX2 exactly how I think it should perform.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
new to me cane creek dbc-cs arrives tomorrow. super curious to see how it is compared to the super deluxe. previous owner bought it for a mega trail bit never mounted it, so will have to figure out a base tune from the CC website. might need to also get a different spring eventually, as it's a 400# and i need more like a 425#-450#, i think. we'll see how it goes. stoked.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
new to me cane creek dbc-cs arrives tomorrow. super curious to see how it is compared to the super deluxe. previous owner bought it for a mega trail bit never mounted it, so will have to figure out a base tune from the CC website. might need to also get a different spring eventually, as it's a 400# and i need more like a 425#-450#, i think. we'll see how it goes. stoked.
You ride any CCDB stuff before?

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Great, now I want to ride a moose...

The inlaws booked 4 rooms at a gastro-pub in Victoria for the duration (Spinnakers) and beer flights with paired choco truffles were included...
IMG_20190822_214457.jpg

(Ipa, stout, bitter and Scottish)

More large trees
IMG_20190822_214536.jpg

(Avatar Grove)

And low tide pooling
IMG_20190822_214611.jpg