Quantcast

Good news

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Dead serious.

Your're a religious man. You should understand culture war.
Bike racers are my tribe.
These men are infidels, and I am a bike culture evangelical.
I want his culture out of my sport. Far, far, far away from it.

Rich folks with small sex organs and poor taste already have the whole world at their fingertips, I want my sport back.
Uh...I dunno much about rock racing, but I do know you are an elitist douchebag.

And the road scene is already too full of elitist douches as it is.

Edit: Hmmm...And I am sure they are the only ones doping, cheating or whatever. Get over yourself.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Uh...I dunno much about rock racing, but I do know you are an elitist douchebag.

And the road scene is already too full of elitist douches as it is.

Edit: Hmmm...And I am sure they are the only ones doping, cheating or whatever. Get over yourself.
I'm a populist, not an elitist when it comes to road racing (Think Teddy Roosevelt v. Adlai Stevenson).
For all intents and purposes I'm a broken-down, crooked, self interested demagogue with his heart in the right place. If this was belgium I'd be an arthritic hunchback who smells like piss and mayonaise, with a fist full of money making odds for the next days race. One who sleeps with his purse tied to his nutsack, one eye open and a knife under his pillow.

You appear to equate having an opinion with Elitism, and that coupled with a lack of reading comprehension and any frame of reference makes your interjection a non-starter.

It's not about doping, it's about hiring the worlds most famous un-repentant dopers. People so low and base that they don't even fess up to their crimes when caught and faced with insurmontable evidence.

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
It's not about doping, it's about hiring the worlds most famous un-repentant dopers. People so low and base that they don't even fess up to their crimes when caught and faced with insurmontable evidence.
so if they admitted it, your ok with that? is that all your looking for, an apology from these "un-repentant dopers"? what difference would it really make?

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
so if they admitted it, your ok with that? is that all your looking for, an apology from these "un-repentant dopers"? what difference would it really make?
Its the difference of being a man and admitting you did wrong instead of trying to play innocent. Look at Tyler, he has denied, denied, denied yet when the Puerto deal went down they found his doping schedule, name and all, from the year he was busted. It was obvious that he had a complete doping program year round

pumpkinator

Monkey
Dec 4, 2008
i personaly do not know all that much about any team other than discovery and astana as i am probably the biggest Sir Lance fan there is...not really but i do admire him as an individual so not agreed with Suspect device on that one but this was a nice thread all in all.

goOd debate.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA

It would make a huge difference. Robert Millar, as an example, is a class act.

Admitting that you did something wrong, and repenting is something that I appreciate. It shows that you aren't a slimy, childish jerk, and by admitting you have a problem, it makes it a whole lot easier to break the habit and move on...

Why should one believe an unrepentant criminal? Or respect them?
In the West, we have developed a legal system based on punitive measures instead of physical punishment. It can, in the right kind of criminal, leave the crime unpunished. Now, I'm not saying that Tyler Hamiltion should be Tortured, per se... Bike racing itself is torturous enough. But these dudes need to make peace with themselves or be destined for a life full of misery.

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
how do you know that they haven't already made peace with themselves? just because they didn't "man-up" like Millar in a public forum doesn't mean they haven't repented. were all innocent until proven guilty and those guys went the route of pleading how innocent they were, my guess would be that their lawyers told them to do so. i can see what your saying, it would have been nice to hear them say yeah i f'ed up, i did it and i'm sorry. why they didn't.. who knows, but like i said it was probably the d-bag lawyers. so Millar in your eyes is ok to race again since he appologized but Tyler and others can't?? or is it that your more at ease with Millar than Tyler? to me, both were guilty, both served their time and now they can race. what they do and how they do it is on them and i hope the UCI keeps closer tabs on them, which they should. if Tyler doesn't want to man-up that's fine with me, doesn't bother me one bit and i don't think the cycling community as a whole will loose any sleep over it. so what's your take on Vino then? should Astana let him race with them? does that make Astana the same as Rock? according to you it would. should i hate Johan as much as you hate Ball? would your opinion change if the Rock team was racing for Astana?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
how do you know that they haven't already made peace with themselves? just because they didn't "man-up" like Millar in a public forum doesn't mean they haven't repented. were all innocent until proven guilty and those guys went the route of pleading how innocent they were, my guess would be that their lawyers told them to do so. i can see what your saying, it would have been nice to hear them say yeah i f'ed up, i did it and i'm sorry. why they didn't.. who knows, but like i said it was probably the d-bag lawyers. so Millar in your eyes is ok to race again since he appologized but Tyler and others can't?? or is it that your more at ease with Millar than Tyler? to me, both were guilty, both served their time and now they can race. what they do and how they do it is on them and i hope the UCI keeps closer tabs on them, which they should. if Tyler doesn't want to man-up that's fine with me, doesn't bother me one bit and i don't think the cycling community as a whole will loose any sleep over it. so what's your take on Vino then? should Astana let him race with them? does that make Astana the same as Rock? according to you it would. should i hate Johan as much as you hate Ball? would your opinion change if the Rock team was racing for Astana?
Millar apologized, then after his suspension, joined a team with the toughest doping controls at the time.

Ball stocked his team with known dopers, including a guy who was busted during Superweek. I wonder if their doping control was throwing all their dope into a community sack.

Anyone who knows something about bike racing knows there is plenty of dope in the peleton, whether someone fails a test or not. So is there fire where there is smoke? Definitely.

I still have no idea whether Hamilton was blood doping or involved with Operation Puerto. But joining a team of dopers doesn't exactly make me think he's clean. Maybe no other team will have him, but it is a continued stain on his reputation.

And since Astana is using the same testing company as Garmin/Chipotle, if Vino rejoins Astana, he will be clean as the cleanest riders.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
I dislike Rock Racing 90% because of Ball and his own, super, super, super, super, super shady actions and behaviors. Numerous libelous things that can't be said, and numerous things that can be pointed out (like the fact that he is as dumb as a rock and can't be bothered to pay attention to UCI rules). The dude definitely doesn't even shoot straight with his own riders though.

The team roster is more an added insult to injury, but my primary beef is with the Douchenozzle #1.

Being implicated with Puerto and getting banned is much less offensive to me than getting caught twice injecting other peoples blood into your system and wasting 100's of thousands of dollars on an implausible defense. That's some straight up LUNACY.

Hello Kitty

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Houston
super excellent the very reasons why you hate Michael Ball are the exact reason why I love the guy he is obnoxious and in your face with a massive ego SWEET!!! more attitude less political correctness!!!

Oh and by the way I'm a big Vinokourov and Cavendish fan too...bike racing is about pain and revenge!

If your not cheating your not trying - Jim Rome

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
i know doping exists, always has always will. i've always said that they should allow it and let them do what they will. any records or wins can have that little asterik next to it as a post doping era. it's good to see teams are trying to control it. and i think that's all they can do unless all the teams get on board with the same program. and that's where the problem lies. they can talk all they want about running a clean team, but until they take the steps like Garmin/Chipotle and Astana, then it's all moot. and of course, the teams need to stay on top of the newest ways of hiding the dope too.

and i see your point SD on the lunacy of spending all kinds of money on a defense you know won't win. again, i blame the lawyers. but that's what your supposed to do, trust your lawyer. you don't like Ball, that's fine. i don't have a problem with that at all. your opinion is as valid as mine and we at least can discuss it in a normal manner. i don't know much about Ball and how he's dealing with UCI stuff. i see what he's doing on the outside. i like his approach on the basis of that road cycling is usually stiff. he's doing something against the grain and i like that. he's flashy, he's brash, he's taking chances. but it's his money. if he fails it's on him. that doesn't help the riders but at least there are guys who have contracts for the time being and will have a job. in these times, that's nothing to complain about. maybe Andreiu had the right idea to bail when he did, but until the UCI starts to suspend riders based on doping problems then you can't judge them too harshly. with you being in the industry i could assume you hear, read stuff that i don't have access to. and it's good you feel the way you do, that's part of the checks and balances of things. i look forward to more discussions with you, this is good.

pumpkinator

Monkey
Dec 4, 2008
It would make a huge difference. Robert Millar, as an example, is a class act.

Admitting that you did something wrong, and repenting is something that I appreciate. It shows that you aren't a slimy, childish jerk, and by admitting you have a problem, it makes it a whole lot easier to break the habit and move on...

Why should one believe an unrepentant criminal? Or respect them?
In the West, we have developed a legal system based on punitive measures instead of physical punishment. It can, in the right kind of criminal, leave the crime unpunished. Now, I'm not saying that Tyler Hamiltion should be Tortured, per se... Bike racing itself is torturous enough. But these dudes need to make peace with themselves or be destined for a life full of misery.
just as is the way of my own life. no, i'm not comfortable just blurting things about many if at all of any a personal subject on a public forum, but i can fully relate and i am moving on.

it is not easy and it is not overnight.

pumpkinator

Monkey
Dec 4, 2008
in other words, i can relate to those guys not repeneting in public and besides, none of us or anyone personaly knows them and i'm sure that they have close friends that they have repented to and who knows?..maybe even to gawd.

eh.

Last edited:

pumpkinator

Monkey
Dec 4, 2008
super excellent the very reasons why you hate Michael Ball are the exact reason why I love the guy he is obnoxious and in your face with a massive ego SWEET!!! more attitude less political correctness!!!

Oh and by the way I'm a big Vinokourov and Cavendish fan too...bike racing is about pain and revenge!

If your not cheating your not trying - Jim Rome
note to self, dog the hell outta itty bitty no can ride kitty come the day as is the way of chumpity to the chump chump suck me Balls whomever this chump is so as to prove that that is not the underlying factor for riding a bicylce be it in or out of a race, on or off a team, die hard cyclist or weekend warriors (teAmAzZcrAcK) enthusiast or relative of any one of those.

again, water polo.