Quantcast

Good Ol' Scammers

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
So this scammer emailed me about my nicolai for sale, and I decided to screw with him. I told him to go ahead and send the check (the adress i gave him was to one of my dad's cement equipment warehouses) so he sent it and it got here. Its a bad forgery, no watermarks or anything. Then I decided to screw with this guy even more. I told him I'm secret service and got this email today:

My 4th email to him:

Dear Mr Lawson

There is no need to arrange a shipment, because no
transaction will take place. Mr Anthony is now under
investigation for fraud as are you.

Sincerely,
US Secret Service Fraud Prevention Special Agent Don
Johnson

Got this from him today

hi,i would like to know why you wanna investigate on mr anthony
owen.coz he is a pastor also he can never fraud.so i would like you to
understand that mr anthony brother is FBI and if you think this is the why you
wanna RIP him off.we are going to track you down.i would advise you to
do what mr anthony owen instruct you to do as soon as you receive the
payment.cash it and send the funds to me so i can come for the pick
up.hope this is understand by you.get back to me asap..

"mr anthony brother is FBI and if you think this is the why you
wanna RIP him off.we are going to track you down." Im shakin in my boots. So when he flies here from nigeria, and hunts me down at the adress of a warehouse on chicago's south side he can meet my bulldozer.

On top of that I think im gonna get a tandem box from a local shop, coat the inside with plastic, and then fill it with cement.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Curb Hucker said:
On top of that I think im gonna get a tandem box from a local shop, coat the inside with plastic, and then fill it with cement.
Dude nobody ever comes for the box, that's not even part of the plan. Once they get your money they could give a rat's ass about the bike. There is no "shippers agent" that comes for anything. There is nobody even in this country. They just want you to cash the check and send the money. Filling a bike box with cement is just a waste of a perfectly good box and some perfectly good cement :p

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
Echo said:
Filling a bike box with cement is just a waste of a perfectly good box and some perfectly good cement :p
Waste of a box: Yes. Waste of cement: No. I could fill that box with the powder cement dust on the floor or inside my pickup. Dry powder cement sucks, it finds its way into everywhere. My pickup sits in the back of this warehouse, nicely tarped, yet every time i go in it theres a layer of dust inside it and inside the vent ducts. It finds its way in every time, i hate it. My black interior goes to gray only a week after i clean it :angry:

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
We got a typical "nigerian scam" at work today. It was crying about $60 million, can't get it because of the Syria's withdrawal from Lebanon, blah, blah, blah. The really weird part is that it was faxed to the office. :dumbass:

I faxed the letter, complete with the headers showing who sent it to us, to the FBI. :D

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
They expect that you wont wait for it to clear. They send fake money orders or western union fakes, and a bank will cash a money order or WU check assuming it holds its cash value because its an official money order. Or they want you to go to a western union and cash it. After it goes through the sytem and western union finds out its a fake, they bill you, and you've already sent the money back to the scammer.