Quantcast

Good old H takes my good buddy.

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
Good Old Heroin takes my bud, Andy. Sorry if this is rambled, Ima all f'd up right now.
I'm not really sad, just in shock. Andy never wanted to live. Ever since I've known him he always talked about dying and wanting to be dead. He use to be a huge weight lifter. We met in high school. I use to jump up and punch out the ceiling tiles. One day this guy, Andy, saw me doing it and said "sheit, that's a guy I gotta hang with" lol. That's how we met. We were friends for years in High school and after. Weed, drinking, crazy driving, all of that. Andy was always flirting with death when we were younger. He grabbed an electrical fence once and said "I wonder what will happen if I touch my other hand to the car" D'OH.
I lost contact with him 6 years ago and then my x and I (Mindy, who I have a 7 year old daughter with), broke up a few years back and she showed up one day to drop off Sabina(our daughter) and she had Andy with her. We had always been friends, all of us even when Mindy and I were together. I guess they were dating, and Mindy wasn't mad at me anymore for leaving her, so I diddn't mind, and was happy for both of them. Andy looked so happy and fit, and full of life. Little did I know he was a heroin addict at the time. This was 2 years ago. Then they broke up. She (my X, Mindy) saved his life once when she found him OD'd on pills on the floor of his apartment. Then she found out he was doing heroin when he passed out in her bathroom with a needle in his arm. He got into treatment and methodone clinic, but also got psychiatric treatment, which ultimately killed him. He told them he heard voices, which is bullsheit. I even asked him about it and he said he thought he might get some good drugs if he said that to the doctor. Well, one of the good drugs they gave him was Thorazine, which is basically the end of the line for anti-psychotics. I've heard there's nothing stronger. It can actually cause people to lose their mind permanently. So 3 weeks ago, I saw Andy after 2 years or so at a church event where my daughter was singing. He was 350lbs, fat, sweating and could barely walk or talk. He was found last night by his brother and Dad in his little sheitty apartment down the street from the methodone clinic and close to where the bus would pick him up with the retarded people and other unfortunates to go to some job doing menial tasks. I can't picture him doing anything like that, again. Thorazine. He was supposed to have dinner with his family Monday night and he told them he diddn't feel good and was going to bed. Wednesday they found him, after he diddn't call for a day lying on his back with vomit coming out of his mouth. His father and brother went to his apartment to see if he was home. His dad walked out of the apartment when he opened the door and called for Andy. His brother walked into the bedroom and found him. It appeared he had choked to death. I'm in too much shock to even cry about it. I just talked with him last Monday. He said he was joining a gym and bought a mountain bike and wanted to go biking. I knew that was not possible with the condition he was in, and I told him "dude, you have to get off all those psychomeds, they are going to lill you" and they did. You have no idea how many times those words have rung in my head. Even though I might come off as a hard ass and a rager. The fact is, I only pretend to be a rager caus it's funny. I don't have an ounce of hate in me. I've hated and hated all my life and it ate my insides out. Now, I'm doing yoga and rejoining Aikido soon. It's crap like this that makes you realize how much all the physical CRAP you accumulate in your life is meaningless. Caus when something bad like this happens, it's all the stuff you thought that was so trivial that really matters. It's the small stuff that makes up life. I just can't believe this. I feel bad for my friend Andy, he was a hate the world type, but would help anyone and was as gentle as an ant despite his size. He's home now, where he always wanted to be. I truely think he really diddn't have it in himself to kill himself, so he sort of unconsciously went down this path on purpose. His family raised him in a very religious background and he knew he would not go to heaven if he killed himself. Makes you wonder. It's crap like this that makes me realize what really matters in life.

Kevin

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
damn dude sorry to hear it. i went through a simiar thing bout 2 years ago. the only difference was this kid had his shlt together, was always a very positive person and very well respected. if ya need us we are here.

J

JRB

Wow - from the most hateful to most touching. Sorry about Andy, Kevin. Truly sad.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Knuck, that really sucks. I've lost three friends to H and the whole cycle of mind **** involved in watching someone try and get off the horror show. Before you go beating on yourself with "could of, should of" acknowledge that H is more powerful than any good will you could supply.

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
Thanks monkies. As far as I know, he was off the H. It's the thorazine that really killed him. I don't even know why he was prescribed that. Well I do, he told the doc that he "hears voices" in order to get some "good drugs"
Well, thorazine took Andy from 200 lbs up to a 350lb sweatbag. I think he was just so asleep from the thorazine that he choked when he puked. Now mind you this is a guy who looked normal 2 years ago, and last Monday I talked to him and he was telling me about how he rides the bus with the retarded people to some job to work with them. I have no concept of Heroin. I know 3 people in the past 3 years that have died directly from it, Aids and now thorazine. WTF?

Knuck

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Man, thats sucks Knuck. My brother is a addicted to H and it has driven me away from my family (he still lives at home) I hope one day he'll kick it, but he isn't even the same person anymore. The brother I knew died years ago, all thats left is his shell.

At least you friend's sad chapter is closed and he is at peace. I hope you can find some solace in that.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Sorry for your loss man, it is super tough to see things like that happen. Drugs can turn vibrant people to mush. Hope he's happy now, and anyway it sounds like you're taking some good things away from it - like greater appreciation for what really matters. It's amazing how the more I move through life, all the cliches about what's really important ring more and more true.

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
Thanks man. Like I said earlier. He was one of those people not fit for life. Even a long time ago. I had that mindset for a while too, and realize what it's all about now. There's nothing worth ruining your life over and nothing worth worrying about in this life.

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
sorry to hear about your loss, i havnt lost anybody to drugs.
but i have watched 3 very close buddies lifes absolutley turned on there heads by drugs, one minute they are bright optimistic people with good futures, but it just turns around quicker than you even notice world colapses around them, one of them is currently an alcoholic, i lost track of one of them but i do know he lost his job, home and GF, and another has turned his life back around and is now doing quite well for himself, its really a depressing situation to whitness, after living through almost a year of it i just kinda drifted away from it, i couldnt be around it anymore its just too hard, i personally couldnt go near drugs now after seeing this happen to 3 of my best mates.

Smelly

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
out yonder, round bout a hootinany
Very sorry to hear about Andy, Kevin. my only close encounter with the horse is thru a former roomate of mine who is an H addict. what heroin can do to a person is so mind boggling to those who've never been affected by it. it's such a powerful addiction that no amount of help from friends and family, no amount of determination from the addict can guarantee recovery.

Zark said my sentiments perfectly. at least you friend's sad chapter is closed and he is at peace. I hope you can find some solace in that.

Chaz

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Very sorry to hear about your loss Knucks. I am reminded of all the friends I have lost to heroin. Goddamn dude I almost lost my life to it too. Its some tough sh!t. I know how you feel right now and you just have to believe he is in a better place. My prayers are with you and his family.

Heroin/Morphine made my life hell for 3 years and sometimes I feel a little piece of my heart is dead from it. Everyone who plays the heroin game loses except for me. I have had a second/third/fourth chance and I am making the most of it. It made me do things I never thought I could ever do. I grew up in a family that was effected by heroin. I knew what it was at a young age, knew it could kill me, knew it just evil stuff. Just didn't believe I was that weak to succumb to it. I was wrong. I still think about using everyday and if it wasn't for the folks I love in this world I would still be using. It still has its teeth in me. I credit biking with keeping it real for me. I replaced heroin/morphine with mountain biking. It is working out for me. But many friends I have had that lost thier lives to heroin didn't have that chance.

Sorry again to hear about your loss. I hope your good memories of your friend can outweigh the saddness you feel now. I have to remember the good times with those I have lost otherwise I dwell on those "the last time I saw my bud" feelings and sink. And when I sink, I sink deep. You just gotta believe they are in a better place then the hell they endured here on earth. God bless you my friend.......Jim

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
sorry man.

family & friends - being there for them / telling & showing them you care - it's what matters - it's what you remember

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
I am so sorry ot hear about your friend. You are a good man for still calling him your friend. And I think that most of us realize that internet-Knucks is a different person from real life Kevin. We all realize your sencerity.
I am lucky that I haven't been touched by H. A friend of mine lives with her parents and an H addicted brother and it is tearing their family apart. Several of my friends were in and out of rehab before I met them. Bad things can happen to good people.

lux

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Wilmington, NC
Knuck -- Sorry to hear about your loss. I know it's tough. I'm a recovering addict/alchoholic and have lost a lot of friends along the way. Damn near killed myself many times in the process.

I get it about the rage, the hatred of life, the feeling of uselessness and of just wanting to die, but not being willing to do it myself.

Just wanted to say I feel your pain and think I know how you must be feeling. When I now hear of someone suffering or dying like that, It makes me very grateful that I made it through (so far). Be happy for him that he's no longer suffering and stoked you're alive and able to do the things that make life a blast.

Life is short -- let's ride!

lux