Quantcast

good old Jack Daniels

BrandonWatts

Monkey
May 4, 2005
192
0
raymond, WA
so i was just wondering. who all out there is drinking Jack Daniels. i love this stuff. it is one of my favorite drinks out there. so smooth so good!!
 

proanti1

Chimp
Sep 24, 2005
61
0
eh, its not bad. if i was gonna say what my favorite alcoholic drink was, id have to say a bloody mary.
 

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
2,258
0
805
Nothin beats a good cold jack and coke on ice, I could drink that stuff for days
 

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
38,955
5,640
Sleazattle
Echo said:
Actually I prefer Jim Beam. I think it tastes better AND it's cheaper.
:stupid:

I did some head to head taste tests last winter and decided I prefer Beam over any other Bourbon I have tried.
 

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
1,166
0
DC
Echo said:
Actually I prefer Jim Beam. I think it tastes better AND it's cheaper.
The Velvet Lounge in DC had an awesome drink special earlier this year...a shot of Jim Beam and a can of Schlitz :p .

Straight up or on the rocks I lean towards Knob Creek or Copper Fox which is semi-local to VA.
 

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
11,007
149
The Cleft of Venus
Echo said:
Actually I prefer Jim Beam. I think it tastes better AND it's cheaper.

I'm not going to agree with echo on this, but Beam is vastly superior in taste to JD.

I tend to view JD as a 'introductory' liquor for n00bs... something you drink because it's a name everyone knows.

If you like burbon then I suggest Knob Creek or Maker's Mark.
 

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
11,818
1
Slacking at work
Knob creek is made by the Jim Beam distillery. As are Booker's and Baker's. All of which reside on my bar.

And how exactly did you not just agree with me N8? :D
 

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
11,007
149
The Cleft of Venus
Echo said:
Knob creek is made by the Jim Beam distillery. As are Booker's and Baker's. All of which reside on my bar.

And how exactly did you not just agree with me N8? :D

I just didn't. That's all.











;)
 

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
6,257
7
Reno 911
Jack Daniels is my "party" drink of choice, not for flavor, but for alcohol content and rockstar image.

Last weekend I was at a pirate-themed pool party and a sultry wench was walking around waving a half empty bottle of JD :heart: Love at first sight man :thumb: You can't get that kinda reaction if its some "gucci" bourbon :D
 

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
11,007
149
The Cleft of Venus
Zark said:
Jack Daniels is my "party" drink of choice, not for flavor, but for alcohol content and rockstar image.

Last weekend I was at a pirate-themed pool party and a sultry wench was walking around waving a half empty bottle of JD :heart: Love at first sight man :thumb: You can't get that kinda reaction if its some "gucci" bourbon :D

JD='rock star' image....???



BBBWWWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA!!!
 

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
483
1
Dundee, Scotland
N8 said:
JD='rock star' image....???



BBBWWWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA!!!
:D ahahahahahhaa.


JD used to be a firm favourite of mine but after a few too many bad nights involving JD, it kinda put me of it, i just stick to my quality beers and ales these days, much more enjoyable in my opinion
 

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
16,689
472
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I've been known to drink a few JDs (generally on the rocks, sometimes with coke...I'm not too picky with it), but I do enjoy Beam, Makers, Knob and I sampled some tasty cherry bourbon that was :drool: just can't remember the name right now.
 

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
11,818
1
Slacking at work
TreeSaw said:
and I sampled some tasty cherry bourbon that was :drool: just can't remember the name right now.
Philips Union :drool:

There's a bottle on my bar that Sorgie gave me for my birthday, too bad you can't have any! :D
 

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
4,482
2,083
Yakistan
jim beam and i know each other very well. He's my favorite on a winter night with a bottle in one hand and a cherry coke in the other, trading pulls. Alas, we also like to get into alot of trouble together and i prefer not to talk to him very often.
 

Booker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
233
0
Louisville, KY
I live about 15min from Bardstown KY (where Jim Beam and many other Bourbons are distilled) So i try alot of bourbon.

Evan Williams is a very good cheap bourbon. It is fast becoming my house bourbon replacing the more expensive Woodford Reserve.

Rebel Yell , Old Crow, Fighting Cock, Heaven Hill ect make good mixing/cooking bourbons but cant say i would buy a bottle to drink. Don't get me wrong, if i am already ****housed i will drink anything, just saying i wouldn't start the night out with a shot of Very Old Barton.

Jim Beam is alright mixed with Coke. As Echo mentioned Beam also owns Bakers (excellent Bourbon but it will sneak up on you and kick your ass) and Booker's (a nice strong bourbon. I bought a bad bottle a few months ago and am still chapped over the $50 wasted)

Makers Mark is good for one thing. Getting under-aged girls drunk.
 

zahgurim

Underwater monkey
Mar 9, 2005
1,101
12
lolAsia
JD is cheap over here, if you know the right black-market to hit.
I get 60s for $40, and have one mostly-killed in my fridge right now.

One usually comes with us to each DH race, too.
 

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
10,846
0
Orange County, CA
Booker said:
I live about 15min from Bardstown KY (where Jim Beam and many other Bourbons are distilled) So i try alot of bourbon.

Evan Williams is a very good cheap bourbon. It is fast becoming my house bourbon replacing the more expensive Woodford Reserve.
I just bought a bottle of Evan Williams Single Barrel 1995 for myself as a birthday present.

Wow. Makers Mark will not be making an appearance in my liquor cabinet ever again...