Quantcast

Good Pads in 2023

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE
No love for Trickstuff power pads? They are quite easily available in Europe but maybe not in North America?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
No love for Trickstuff power pads? They are quite easily available in Europe but maybe not in North America?
I haven't searched much, but I don't think there is any seller (re-seller?) of Trickstuff stuff in NA. So small things like rotors and pads become expensive, if that is all that you need.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
I haven't searched much, but I don't think there is any seller (re-seller?) of Trickstuff stuff in NA. So small things like rotors and pads become expensive, if that is all that you need.
I have a set on the DH bike.
I like.
Ya, so next order from zee Germans will have a set or two.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Are Trickstuff pads legit? no issues? If yeah me being east yurpean I might go for them or EBC

Galfer green pro pads are bad ass too...I have ebc on one bike and galfer green on other.. they hit when you need it.
@norbar you are right they do wear quicker (especially racing and northwest lol) but I keep 2 sets in bag and always pre order a couple extra .
Yeah I am planning some longer enduro trips so I am a bit worried about the REDs. I remember some race weekends that really killed them but I'm not a fit 20 year old who overtrains before his race run anymore so maybe it's less of an issue now. I do like their car pads. Will probably go back to using them once I replace my pos Jeep (don't laugh)

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
MTX pads suck, in my experience. Picked up a set of the red pads for some codes- as previously noted, the first few braking events of the day are pretty useless. I really don’t understand why someone would run them over stock sintered pads- I have a feeling that people who like mtx pads suck at riding and drag brake literally all the time and maybe they deal with heat ok or something? They are definitely popular with goons, in my town.

jrewing

Monkey
Aug 22, 2010
Maydena Oz
Cheap Aliexpress pads no love here? Ride steep long tracks and am actually impressed by them for the Mt5’s.The yellow sintered ones are too aggressive for the back great on the front.
At the prices they are, I have no qualms binning them when getting worn.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
I wasn't blown away by those in the Hopes when I tried them. I liked Galfer greens a lot more.

Cheap Aliexpress pads no love here? Ride steep long tracks and am actually impressed by them for the Mt5’s.The yellow sintered ones are too aggressive for the back great on the front.
Last trip to Maydena the rider in front of me had their braking material (on a set of Ali pads) delaminate from the backing plate leaving them with no brakes. Luckily it wasn't a steeps section but the last high speed bit so they managed to stop. I'm a fan of cheaper alternatives but yeah that wasn't impressive.

jrewing

Monkey
Aug 22, 2010
Maydena Oz
I wasn't blown away by those in the Hopes when I tried them. I liked Galfer greens a lot more.

Last trip to Maydena the rider in front of me had their braking material (on a set of Ali pads) delaminate from the backing plate leaving them with no brakes. Luckily it wasn't a steeps section but the last high speed bit so they managed to stop. I'm a fan of cheaper alternatives but yeah that wasn't impressive.
Not what one wants! I’ve gone through 3 sets now, so guess these ones have a decent bonding agent. Sounds like they got hot and the bond let go. Until moving to Tassie I never wore pads that much. Maydena murders pads as you’d know

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Try them! I like them on my trail bike with shigura brakes. No experience with them on dh/park
Well I'm asking so that I don't have to try stuff on my own but learn from your mistakes. Plus I've already had to jump over my handlebars in a corner once at full speed. It's not an experience I'm eager to repeat.