Quantcast

Good Pair of DJ/Park Pedals.

Spec8in561

Monkey
Mar 12, 2004
Now thinking that my cullys may be a bad choice for my P3...I want to ride the P on trails but also play in the park and DJ..What would be a good choice of pedals..I am thinking a big platform BMX type would work.

FlashBullit

Monkey
Dec 19, 2003
OK i have some ideas you may want to look at there good which are Eastens, Promes, Azonics, s&m, red lines. red lines i have seen for ceep and they work good but not that prefect but they work good all the others which i spelled wrong are very nice pedals and you dont have to worry about them + they look so nice.:D

Sep 17, 2003
warning, if you ride street, dont get sun zu zu pedals, they suck and will blow up on you, literally.
got some odyssey john chiklinskis[sp :)] on the way...

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Originally posted by hardtail_schmuk
JCs come in blue red green pink black I think they're gonna have purple soon.
I think the sealed ones only come in black. Not like I really give a crap what color my pedals are, they all end up dirt colored :D

RandomV

Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
Indiana
Most of the colors are limited edition for the JC's. Yes, the latest color is a crazy looking purple.

I dunno. I think black works for pedals. If I want something else, I hear spray paint's pretty cheap.

If my current pedals ever blow up, I'll probably step up to the sealed Cielinkis, but I'm kind of offended by the idea of spending that kind of cake on 'em.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Originally posted by RandomV
If my current pedals ever blow up, I'll probably step up to the sealed Cielinkis, but I'm kind of offended by the idea of spending that kind of cake on 'em.
They are expensive for BMX pedals, but compared to a high end set of MTB flats they are pretty cheap.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
i rode a pair of the celinski's today, and i have to say if all the pins are in em then they'd be solid pedals. But this guy had lost almost all of the pins in his pedals, and with out them they were very slippery. i have never seen a pedal lose so many pins before.

:monkey:

Bonk

Mike Bloss, Hero
Originally posted by Echo
I think the sealed ones only come in black. Not like I really give a crap what color my pedals are, they all end up dirt colored :D
I have black unsealed Alu.s. I think they're great for the $$!!

*edit* - WTF?! Why is it always when I post, I'm always the first post on the following page. ...and why is it after I post in a thread...it usually dies? I am a thread virus! :devil:

Ifelloffabike

Monkey
Apr 14, 2003
Strong Island Ny
Originally posted by boostindoubles
i rode a pair of the celinski's today, and i have to say if all the pins are in em then they'd be solid pedals. But this guy had lost almost all of the pins in his pedals, and with out them they were very slippery. i have never seen a pedal lose so many pins before.

i havnt lost a single pin in either pair that ive own and they also come with a bag of like 20 extra pins.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Originally posted by boostindoubles

There's this stuff you can buy called Loctite :D

freerider215

Chimp
Jul 27, 2003
yeah the cielencki's are great. how do you "loose" pins on them though? they screw through from the oposite side. maybe they were grinded down. a few pedal grinds and the pins wear real fast, but Odyssey comes through with a little bag of extra pins (both long and short). unless you ride trails most of the time i don't see the need for sealed pedals, but you mtbers overdue everything.

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
I have ridden my jc's on my 20 since January and I love them. The stock pins are a little low if you like your foot to stay in one spot, but I put in a couple longs on each side (extra pins of both sizes are included) and that is working good. A few of my pins have backed out, but the locktite option should work (I also pedal grind like crazy which could help that situation.

Over all, nice big platform, very strong, and good price (I bought the sealed, work'n good!)

FlashBullit

Monkey
Dec 19, 2003
i love to J.B. and i like a good pair of concaved pedlets for that and have it so they stay to your feet. those jumps at St.Edwards are nice.