Quantcast

good photo editing program, and Flash question

mtbpaint1

Monkey
Apr 25, 2005
University of Connecticut
i take lots and lots of riding pics since im always injured or my bikes broken. I want to start making them a little nicer (brightening, sharpening, taking out those rays of sun) what's a good program to buy under $100 that can do this kind of stuff and is simple to use?

Also im in the market of a wireless flash. How do they work? are they easy to use? I have a Fuji S5100 are their any that can attach to the camera and also be taken off and used wireless? What are some good brand names to look for. THANKS!

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
If you want to have a remote flash then your camera needs to have a hotshoe. Not sure if the s5100 does but if so then you would need to get a slave and an external flash. You can get the cheap kinds but if you can get one thats the same brand as your camera those are usually the best.

If you actually wanna buy some software then this (http://www.ulead.com/pi/runme.htm) would be a good choice. But just dling photoshop cs with bittorrent would be my first choice.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Pick up a copy of Adobe Photoshop Elements. It's $90 (if I remember correctly) and contains a tremendous amount of the full Photoshop's functionality. It's got everything you need.

I've used both version 2.0 and 3.0, and 3.0 is very improved, has a lot of really great features.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
DR. Dirt said:
or you can talk with me and i can give you adobe photoshop for free,
Or, he might, *gasp* actually want to buy a piece of software. I know, I know, it's hard to believe, in these days of broadband and big hard drives, but sometimes, software companies are worth supporting.

I'm not exactly innocent of software piracy, but sometimes products are just worth purchasing. A program that allows 70% of Photoshop's functionality at 20% of the price is a pretty damn good deal.

You're very special, though, having a copy of Photoshop to distribute. Here's a virtual pat on the head for you.