Quantcast

Good place to Snowboard where you can fly directly?

Spec8in561

Monkey
Mar 12, 2004
Looking to take a quick trip, I want to find a place where I can board and fly almost right into the town. Dont want to have to take any drive longer then 1 hour to the mountain...anyone have any ideas?

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
To get from Denver International Airport to either Winter Park or Copper Mountain would take about 1.5 hours. Is that too long for you?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Aspen. The ski areas (Ajax, Highlands, Buttermilk) are about 5 minutes from the airport. Snowmass is about 15 minutes.

-S.S.-

Edit: Salt Lake would be a good alternative. All of the LCC/BCC ski areas are ~40 minutes or less from the airport. And they get the Greatest Snow on Earth. :D

Spec8in561

Monkey
Mar 12, 2004
Sorry guys I should have mentioned those spots are too far. Those are my usual spots. I am travelling from florida so I guess I should mention it may be somewhere on the east coast more likely since I want to cut down on flight time as well.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
one7one said:
Sorry guys I should have mentioned those spots are too far. Those are my usual spots. I am travelling from florida so I guess I should mention it may be somewhere on the east coast more likely since I want to cut down on flight time as well.
Oh. If you're doing the East Coast, then it's not even really to be considered snowboarding.............. :dancing:

-S.S.-

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
dh girlie said:
Why, yes...yes we are...read it an weep, beyatch! :D

Today - Snow Showers
High: 36°
Low: 26°

Tomorrow - Heavy Snow
High: 34°
Low: 18°

Thursday - Mostly Cloudy
High: 36°
Low: 22°

Friday - Snow
High: 32°
Low: 15°

Saturday - Snow Showers
High: 32°
Low: 14°
Well, with temps like that I'll take solace in the fact that it'll be your usual Sierra Cement. :thumb:

Of course, that still doesn't make up for the fact that we ain't gettin' any. :mumble:

-S.S.-